A Lithuanian Conundrum.....

Martin_T

Marooned In Oz

The whole, entire reason why I couldn't give a **** about scotland.

Scotland fans are ****s (see Miko, on field decisions while Miko at Hearts, turning a blind eye to scotland players diving, singling out Hearts players for booing while they play for Lithuania, wearing jimmy hats.............)

:keys:

**** them.

What a dickhead.

Being Scottish and hating Scotland fans. You couldnt make it up.

gorgie rd eh11

Exactly.

Its so pathetic and even worse that its the same crop of moronic posters who try and raise the bar every international week. You would think some people might have a slither of a social life outside of kickback but it seems not so.

If Scotland fail to make the play offs (more than likely) these chumps will have one hand on the keyboard and the other on their tadger.

If Scotland do make the play offs they will be thinking, oh wait, ****, i could maybe a get a ticket to the next game eh.

What the **** has this thread got to do with a persons social life. With nearly 6000 posts you maybe need to get out, chump.

I hope Scotland make the play offs but i wouldn't take a free ticket to go and see them. :thumbsup:

Can I just clarify that this not an 'anti-Scotland' thread and was intended to be about the hypocritical nature of the Scottish media.

I was in the Parc de Princes for the McFadden game back in 2007 and a joyous occasion it was too.....

Marooned In Oz

Can I just clarify that this not an 'anti-Scotland' thread and was intended to be about the hypocritical nature of the Scottish media.

I was in the Parc de Princes for the McFadden game back in 2007 and a joyous occasion it was too.....

I agree with you, but threads like these always get hi-jacked by the same clowns saying the same boring stale shite.

Jambothroughandthrough

Yes, FANS are all hypocrites. We know that.

But shouldn't our MEDIA be impartial. Aren't they meant to report the FACTS.

Therefore, cheating, in their eyes, should be DEPLORABLE regardless of whether it helps or hinders Scotland.

What annoys lots of Hearts fans is the borderline racism shown by our media towards all things Lithuania and Vladimir Romanov.

I remember hearing a very well know journalist on the radio bemoan the fact that Hearts were full of sub standard Lithuanians at the expense of good young Scottish talent, and practically suggesting it was our fault that the national team was mince.

I texted the radio show at the time to point out that actually Hearts had MORE home grown players playing for us that day than BOTH the OF put together. AND, we had the SAME number of Lithuanians playing for us that day as Rangers and I think Dundee United, 1 each.

But, as per usual, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

mmmmmmm...Naw.

The Scottish media are NO different from any other national broadcaster in the world if they feel their national team have been wronged. Just one example....look at the Lampard goal that wasn't given against Germany. Lineker and Shearer were nearly in tears and lambasting the ref etc etc etc etc etc etc.

I have no issue whats so ever with the SCOTTISH media backing our NATIONAL TEAM when they are in action. Why anyone would have an issue with our very own media backing our national team is beyond me.

My biggest gripe with our national bradcaster at the moment is the lack of enthisiasm that came out the mic in our must win game against Lichtenstein the other night. Liam McLeod and Kevin Gallacher were dire.

Jambothroughandthrough

It's anti Scottish media backing our National football team thread.

I just don't get it. I really don't.

Look at the media in the likes if Italy....Spain....Brazil....England. Need I go on?

The only point I will agree with is that certain media individuals should be a bit more impartial when it comes to doing their week to week job when reporrting in the SPL

It's not their impartiality I have an issue with it's when they take the moral high ground on issues like Miko or the Czech player but ignore dives by O' Conner and Berra in the same games.

The irony of the whole thing seems lost on them although it shouldn't give folk an excuse for the anti-Scotland guff they come out with but it seems to on here

mmmmmmm...Naw.

The Scottish media are NO different from any other national broadcaster in the world if they feel their national team have been wronged. Just one example....look at the Lampard goal that wasn't given against Germany. Lineker and Shearer were nearly in tears and lambasting the ref etc etc etc etc etc etc.

I have no issue whats so ever with the SCOTTISH media backing our NATIONAL TEAM when they are in action. Why anyone would have an issue with our very own media backing our national team is beyond me.

My biggest gripe with our national bradcaster at the moment is the lack of enthisiasm that came out the mic in our must win game against Lichtenstein the other night. Liam McLeod and Kevin Gallacher were dire.

I had the misfortune to listen to you and fatboy Slim commentate for about 10mins of a game recently dry.gif . I never heard the radio commentary on Saturday by Liam McLeod (Whoever the **** he is) but if he was as bad as that 10 mins then you have every right to complain....You and "Roughy" :yucky::verymad:

Back to the topic. The Czechs will beat Lithuania 2-0 and Spain will Horse Glasgow Scotland by 4 or 5 (hopefully :whistling: )

I hope if Lithuania do get a Pen, Miko takes it like a pass back to their keeper :lol:

The fury after the Miko dive was way too much. Shevchenko had dived to get Elvis sent off, we lost and barely a whimper was made. Mike dives, we win and the reaction was huge

Back to the topic. The Czechs will beat Lithuania 2-0 and Spain will Horse Glasgow Scotland by 4 or 5 (hopefully :whistling: )

I hope if Lithuania do get a Pen, Miko takes it like a pass back to their keeper :lol:

How sad.

Sterling Archer

How sad.

:indeed:

I'm consistent in not caring at all about the national team. I certainly wouldn't wish them to lose though.

The fury after the Miko dive was way too much. Shevchenko had dived to get Elvis sent off, we lost and barely a whimper was made. Mike dives, we win and the reaction was huge

Of course it was.

A player diving/cheating against the country where he plies his trade is always going to cause a furore.

See Ronaldo got after that "wink" at World Cup 06.

kingantti1874

Personaly ive never pretended to score for scotland,all in football that is important to me is hearts the rest i really couldnt give a toss about.The lithuanian is only 1 angle for my dislike of scotland,i couldnt bring myself to cheer on the likes of mcgregor,naismith,brown etc where every other week id gladly see them break a leg.

Under brown and roxburgh so many hearts players were overlooked or not given as many caps as they deserved which is also another reason i dislike them,like i said its all about hearts for me i cant turn a blind eye to my dislike to hibs,celtic,rangers fans,the media etc every now and again and stick on a see you jimmy wig and pretend im proud to be scottish.

I choose to support hearts and im proud to be a hearts supporter.

I just happened to be born in this country and have no real pride for it,

I have tried to get into the scotland thing when i was younger but i just had no feelings or connection with it and over the years the only feeling thats grown for the national team is hate

What a shite attitude really, neither wonder we are a nation of losers at all levels... Thank Christ we weren't relying on folk with this view to defend us from the nazis...

No better than the Aiden mcgeadys / James mccarthys of the world

Exactly.

Its so pathetic and even worse that its the same crop of moronic posters who try and raise the bar every international week. You would think some people might have a slither of a social life outside of kickback but it seems not so.

If Scotland fail to make the play offs (more than likely) these chumps will have one hand on the keyboard and the other on their tadger.

If Scotland do make the play offs they will be thinking, oh wait, ****, i could maybe a get a ticket to the next game eh.

Spot on. The most accurate, succinct characterisation of these posters (who, let's face it, make up about 1% of Hearts' total support) I've ever read on this forum.

Jambothroughandthrough

Of course it was.

A player diving/cheating against the country where he plies his trade is always going to cause a furore.

This.

And lets not forget what happened to Becks after France 98

What a shite attitude really, neither wonder we are a nation of losers at all levels... Thank Christ we weren't relying on folk with this view to defend us from the nazis...

WW2 was a game of football then.

mmmmmmm...Naw.

With the Miko thing, the witch-hunt that came afterwards was vile (one example being Gordon Waddell in the pages of the Sunday Mail referring to him as a regular performer of the five-knuckle shuffle - JKB filter won't let me use the 'W' word but that's what Waddell used) and hypocritical given how the player had been hounded beforehand (Bill Leckie's diatribe in the Scottish Sun a few weeks before the game likened Miko as a footballing "Devil Incarnate"). Given the over the top flack flung at Miko during his time at Hearts before that game, of course he was going to take some sort of revenge come the day of that game. When he did it my first thought was "Some chickens in Scottish football are coming home to roost". Hence what happened afterwards was hypocritical which was reinforced given Miko apologised to Hearts supporters and Hearts supporters alone for his dive.

gorgie rd eh11

Of course it was.

The furore over Miko was there before the dive against Scotland. That dive is now commonly used as an excuse for his hounding, it intensified it, but Miko was already public enemy number one in the eyes of scottish football.

Of course it was.

This.

And lets not forget what happened to Becks after France 98

Neither of these players were hounded in the same way that Miko was.

godwincat.jpg

mmmmmmm...Naw.

Yes, perhaps all media outlets in all countries are bias but it went well beyond simple biasness with Lithuania. It was racist and Xenophobic. I have rarely seen such hatred and such a consistent campaign than the one launched against all things Lithuanian.

If I recall correctly, Richard Gordon, the front man to our main radio, and sometime TV, sports programme said Miko should go back home in what was a disgraceful rant, which had it been launched against an Asian or African nation would have seen him lose his job.

I firmly believe the campaign extended to the SFA and match officials and that this was the intention of the media.

I still want Scotland to qualify but if we do not, I will not shed a tear and nor will I blame Lithuania if they fail to do their job.

What about the Italian reaction to Ahn Jung-Hwan scoring against them in the 2002 World Cup? People thinking it's only the Scottish media who are biased towards their own team are seriously deluded.

gorgie rd eh11

What about the Italian reaction to Ahn Jung-Hwan scoring against them in the 2002 World Cup? People thinking it's only the Scottish media who are biased towards their own team are seriously deluded.

I can't see where anybody says it's only the scottish media that are biased towards their own team. :mellow: How does Mikos hounding before the Hampden dive tie in with the bias towards their own team.

The White Cockade

Usual wallopers and their anti Scottish drivel

the ghost of the walloper in chief who is no longer with us lives on

we've heard it before boys many times

you are just making yourselves look like idiots

give it a rest

fingers finest

Usual wallopers and their anti Scottish drivel

the ghost of the walloper in chief who is no longer with us lives on

we've heard it before boys many times

you are just making yourselves look like idiots

give it a rest

FTTA

Ewen, you chose to only put an argument forward against my point about media impartiality. Does this mean you agree there was a xenophobic and possible racist undertone to our media's reaction to Miko and all things Lithuania? If not, care to explain why I am off the mark. There are numerous examples supporting this view.

Roy Croppers Handbag

Aye that's right, people not caring much for the national team is the same as if you're faced with war against the Germans.

What a ~~~~~ post.

Aye that's right, people not caring much for the national team is the same as if you're faced with war against the Germans.

What a ~~~~~ post.

One of Kickback's worst

What a ~~~~~ post.

I believe his point is, if you have no pride in your nationality would you fight for your nation. Though it's not really the best example to make given those who put down Scotland will be slavvering all over the union flag :whistling:

Archived