On-loan Jason Thomson won't face Hearts for Dunfermline

maroonlegions

I wonder how fair these gentlemans agreements are?

One way to look at it is - Dunfermline will play a weaker side against us than they will against the ten other teams.

Is that fair?

What if one team where hoping for a Dunfermline win to, let's just say, avoid relegation...... But they fielded a weakened side?

Is that fair?

He is registered to play for DAFC, should he not feature no matter what? We decided to farm him out.

FWIW, I'm glad he won't feature and can see why we wouldn't want him to. Just trying to play devils advocate here.

maroonlegions

Quite right too considering he is our player and we're probably paying most his wages.

Correct;thumbsup.gif

maroonlegions

One way to look at it is - Dunfermline will play a weaker side against us than they will against the ten other teams.

Is that fair?

What if one team where hoping for a Dunfermline win to, let's just say, avoid relegation...... But they fielded a weakened side?

Is that fair?

He is registered to play for DAFC, should he not feature no matter what? We decided to farm him out.

FWIW, I'm glad he won't feature and can see why we wouldn't want him to. Just trying to play devils advocate here.

You have raised good points and fair play to you on that score,tricky one but like you just glad he is out for the game against us;

maroonlegions

Good, because knowing us he would score.

Aye, either a leveller or a winner in the last seconds;romanovpalm.png

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Is this not the case for every on loan player? In England, almost all loan deals include a clause preventing an appearance against parent clubs.

Common sense really - if you want to field a player as you please then stump up and buy the ######

ToadKiller Dog

And if Jason was to have a howler of a game and cost the Pars a goal ,which would be good for us yes but he would face accusations from the Pars and others of cheating .

I think that its sensible that he doesnt play , its the risk you take when loaning a player from a team in the same league .

Is that fair?

Is that fair?

He is registered to play for DAFC, should he not feature no

matter what? We decided to farm him out.

FWIW, I'm glad he won't feature and can see why we wouldn't want him to. Just trying to play devils advocate

here.

I think the concern might be that a player on loan may not try as hard against his parent club as he would against

another club and as such they remove the player from this situation so as to avoid issues.

If he did play and for example gave away a penalty or scored an own goal, questions would be asked which could unfairly put that player under unneccesary scrutiny.

However, knowing our luck he would probably score for them if he was to play.

loveofthegame

That is how it should be if players loaned are loaned out to clubs in the same division. Simple as that.

That is how it should be if players loaned are loaned out to clubs in the same division. Simple as that.

I am happy for the respective clubs to decide.

Napoleon  Wilson

Thank feck. I saw him against the Hobos and he was like a white, ginger Cafu. Or maybe Hubz are just absolutely fecking shite. Keep up the good work agent Brown. :thumbsup:

Ricardo Quaresma

He's improving

The concern here is that the loaning team is more fired up because of the 'deficiency'; we need to dowse that fire, preferably with 2 quick goals

:)

Governor Tarkin

I would be happy to see him play against us. Remember, this is sport.

You're fast becoming the mellowest cat around these parts BB.

Chris Benoit

You're fast becoming the mellowest cat around these parts BB.

Although it is becoming an easier title to attain

When you look at Italy, a player can be part owned by two clubs, but they have no problem with the player playing in a game that involves both his owners.

Carl Fredrickson

Is it a gentlemans agreement? I thought the SPL rules changes after David Hernandez scored for Livy against Celtic whilst on loan from Celtic.

If Dunfermline were prepared to pay 100% of his wages, and pay us a fee for him going on loan, than I wouldn't have a problem with him playing.

It is highly unlikely that Dunfermline are doing this though.

Don't think you should be able to loan players out in the same league but that is another discusssion all together.

I thought the rules were that a loaned player couldn't play against their own club, or maybe I'm thinking of the EPL.

Either way, I'm surprised this even makes the news any more. Slow news day after the Scotland match?

Archived