Rudi, I just had to

micole

Son Of Anarchy

Sheer class,never tire of watching Rudi.So confident in front of goal :thumbsup: When he stops in front of the hobos after scoring,kisses the badge and tells them where to go,superb!

Sheer class,never tire of watching Rudi.So confident in front of goal :thumbsup: When he stops in front of the hobos after scoring,kisses the badge and tells them where to go,superb!

He could still be a real tallisman over the next couple of seasons if he can maintain his best form, home and away.

He could still be a real tallisman over the next couple of seasons if he can maintain his best form, home and away.

Absolutely.

Even if he loses a pit of pace, he showed us last week what 1 flash of his left boot can do :thumbsup:

bloody love that.......

never noticed it was our own lovecraft who made the vid thoguh...

was always led zep that made this video what it was for me as much as tha grogeous left peg

bloody love that.......

never noticed it was our own lovecraft who made the vid thoguh...

was always led zep that made this video what it was for me as much as tha grogeous left peg

:thumbsup:

I will do another one soon, as there a lot better quality vids available.

Plus he has scored some more cracking goals.

We are lucky to have him.... again.

I love Rudi. My third favourite player ever. Only John Colquhoun and Robbo are ahead of him in my affections.

4th for me as i'd have Stephane Adam 3rd.

alicante jambo

alanjambo im with you there the man will go down as a legend in many jambos eyes.

(THE CHOSEN ONE)

loveofthegame

Not a legend but a very good player for us

Don't buy into this whole "not a legend" thing. There is no rule that states to be a legend you must play 400 games or score 100s of goals for your club to qualify.

The man played in one of our best teams in decades, scored a goal and penalty in one of our only two Scottish Cup victories in recent history, has entertained the fans more than any other player in quite some time, and continues to score big goals for the club.

He has also scored 30 goals in just 70 games. Compare that to Hartleys 31 in 118 games, Mickey Camerons 48 in 157 games or Neil McCanns 19 goals in 74 games (in his 1st spell at the club). All club legends surely?

IMO he is as worthy of the legend title as many others. He is certainly a legend to me.

kingantti1874

Definite legend.. One of the few we have I don't mind paying to watch... Currently our best player an should be starting every single week as he makes the difference in the spl

Chris Benoit

What so because a load of folk are gushing over him he's a legend?

Robbo is a legend.

Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh are legends.

Tommy and Bobby Walker are legends.

Cruiky is a legend.

Dave Mackay = legend

Rudi has had one very good season and one top class season in which he was inconsistent in both, bloody good player but not a legend.

Robbo is a legend.

Cruiky is a legend.

Maybe he's not a legend in the way that Bauld, Conn and Wardhaugh are, but he's still someone who sits well in the modern history of the club. A 'second tier' legend if you like. Every club needs someone like Rudi: a hero for fans young and old to admire. I'm 33 but I still love Rudi in the way that I loved John Colquhoun when I was little.

Dave Mackay = legend

Rudi has had one very good season and one top class season in which he was inconsistent in both, bloody good player but not a legend.

Don't buy into this whole "not a legend" thing. There is no rule that states to be a legend you must play 400 games or score 100s of goals for your club to qualify.

The man played in one of our best teams in decades, scored a goal and penalty in one of our only two Scottish Cup victories in recent history, has entertained the fans more than any other player in quite some time, and continues to score big goals for the club.

He has also scored 30 goals in just 70 games. Compare that to Hartleys 31 in 118 games, Mickey Camerons 48 in 157 games or Neil McCanns 19 goals in 74 games (in his 1st spell at the club). All club legends surely?

IMO he is as worthy of the legend title as many others. He is certainly a legend to me.

Spot on. :thumbsup:

Robbo is a legend.

Cruiky is a legend.

Dave Mackay = legend

come on mate, im guessing you grew up in the days when we had lots of legends but speaking for the teens we didnt really have anyone else apart from Hartley and Rudi(and personally Niemi). Rudi is a legend to me

Zal I'm 31 I just think folk are too quick to throw the legend tag about

Yup - but I would say he is the closest since Robbo.

I think the days of legends at Hearts are pretty much gone. Anyone who shows up well as a youngster will be sold on within a couple of years - same goes with a player we have brought in to the club. The days of players playing at a club in Scotland for a considerable period of time are pretty much gone.

When you look at some of the quality that was in the Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United in the 80's, who played for the club for a long period, that simply would not happen now.

Maybe "legend" is not the same as it was all those years ago.

Could you imagine Miller, McLeish, Narey, Levein, Robbon etc, if playing in the modern game, being at their club for the amount of games that they played?

Suppose folk would argue that to be a legend its not a bout the amount of time that is spent at a club but I'm not that enthusiastic about legend being used for someone who is only at the club for a couple of seasons.

Chris Benoit

Cheers Gig explained better than I could :thumbsup:

I think it's going to take an extra special player to have an extra special season and for us to win the league to really consider someone a legend.

I ******* love Rudi and he's been brilliant for us but sorry not a legend

Cheers Gig explained better than I could :thumbsup:

I think it's going to take an extra special player to have an extra special season and for us to win the league to really consider someone a legend.

I ******* love Rudi and he's been brilliant for us but sorry not a legend

Suppose youv got 7,900 posts so that means you get the final say whether hes a legend or not.

Hes a legend for me.

Chris Benoit

Suppose youv got 7,900 posts so that means you get the final say whether hes a legend or not.

Hes a legend for me.

No it has nothing to do with how many posts I've got it's because I'm right :smuggy:

Have to go with my Star Wars themed colleague there

Take away how we feel now in 10/20 years time will people talk about Rudi in the same terms as we do of Robbo et al?

Personally I don't think so

the fact that rudi has only played just over two seasons of football with hearts actually reinforces his legend credentials. the fact that he was such a massive hit the first time around and eventually came back to rejoin us, along with the high esteem he was held in during his absence, sort of determines that he's been 'one of ours' the whole time... in a way. who decided that length of service is a critical component of becoming a legend anyway?

when you place his popularity beside what he has added to the team, and continues to add... it spells L-E-G-E-N-D.

i know the term 'legend' is applied incorrectly on too many occasions but if we're going to call anyone a legend in comparative terms to other players then it would certainly be rudi skacel.

i'm not quite clear as to why anyone would be reluctant to bestow the honour of 'legend' upon a player anyway. what have you got to lose?

No it has nothing to do with how many posts I've got it's because I'm right :smuggy:

you are so lucky that you were not around to see the hearts from the mid 70's to the early 80's..........rudi skacel hearts legend, best goalscorer for hearts in my lifetime and I am nearly 20 years older than you. Robbo my favourite player in my lietime, why you quoted players way before when you were born beats the hell out of me. Go to the games and see for yourself what makes rui skacel such a special player and the best finisher ever in a hearts strip

Why do you assume that he doesn't go to the games, and just because he wasn't alive when some of the other players played does not lessen the merit of the point, especially when I've grown up being told all about these players

I'd also wager if Rudi hadnt scored against Celtic then we wouldn't even be having this debate

By the same merit, do people classify Paul Hartley a legend? For me he was a goalscoring threat for Hearts for a more sustained period of time than Rudi, is he a legend?

Nothing better than watching videos like this on weekends off. Our visit to East End Park can't come quick enough!

Why do you assume that he doesn't go to the games, and just because he wasn't alive when some of the other players played does not lessen the merit of the point, especially when I've grown up being told all about these players

I'd also wager if Rudi hadnt scored against Celtic then we wouldn't even be having this debate

By the same merit, do people classify Paul Hartley a legend? For me he was a

goalscoring threat for Hearts for a more sustained period of time than Rudi, is he a legend?

Hartley is a legend,3 goals in a Scottish Cup semi against the Hobo's sealed that.A legend for me is someone who will go down in folklore forever,an iconic figure.

Son Of Anarchy

Zal I'm 31 I just think folk are too quick to throw the legend tag about

So do I and it annoys me but Rudi is and always will be a Gorgie legend.One of the classiest players to grace the turf at tynie,ever! :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

Would say Hartley has a much bigger argument for being a legend than Rudi, scored as many goals in '06 than Rudi did, the semi, the goal that secured 2nd.

That was from the one season, add to that he was club captain, his excellent reaction to the Celtic interest and the respect he has shown since he left.

Maybe their both legends and I'm wrong but really don't you think some of you are a bit old to be getting hard ons over your fave players

Does anyone else have the "SKACEL 19" t-shirt?

14%20-%20Skacel%20%20Maroon_medium.jpg

Quite a few people have said he looks like Charlie Sheen. :sheen:

Spoke to him in the Three Sisters last night. I'd had a few but managed to convey our heartfelt thanks for his goal last week. :thumbsup:

Good lad.

Hackney Hearts

Would say Hartley has a much bigger argument for being a legend than Rudi, scored as many goals in '06 than Rudi did

Because he took the penalties

the semi

the final

the goal that secured 2nd

again, a penalty

...and Rudi never played for Hibs or Celtic!

Maybe their both legends

I agree

don't you think some of you are a bit old to be getting hard ons over your fave players

No! (assuming you're talking figuratively) That's what football fans do.

Because he took the penalties

the final

again, a penalty

...and Rudi never played for Hibs or Celtic!

I agree

No! (assuming you're talking figuratively) That's what football fans do.

I take exception to that, it wasn't just a penalty, that one took balls of steel with the pressure associated with it

Hartley = legend

Rudi = legend

2 players that helped us win the cup means legend status.

And I agree with what's been said before, as an iconic figure, rudi is our most iconic figure since robbo

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Great stuff.

Can still remember the day he signed like it was yesterday.

He was absolutely incredible in 05/06. One of our best ever players.

Not a legend? :facepalm:

Archived