Tonights BBC2 commentary team.

Towzer

Stewie Griffin

Was thinking the same it was terrible surly the BBC could have found someone better than those 2 . Seemed very amateurish IMO

Paul Mitchell is usually pretty decent. Liam McLoed sounds about 15 and is imo one of the worst commentators the bbc have.

Agree with all of the above!!!

They two were like an advert for mogadon. Absolutely zero enthusiasim about the game, would have preferred Rob McLean to be honest.

Kevin Gallacher's accent is also a shocker, it's a combination between the highlands & home counties England.

Surely there are other former international footballers available??

Doctor FinnBarr

The worst ive ever heard.I believe Ewen Cameron is the man to save Scottish fitba commentary.

Don't big that fool up FFS!

:mellow:

Doctor FinnBarr

Robbo would have been good Xfactor was better

Your like a rash the way you get around threads.

:mellow:

Entirely agree about main commentator. His reporting was full of mistakes (booking for Fletcher ??) , repetition (4 times he told us some of the Tartan Army were already in Spain) and stating the blatantly obvious (Craig Levein is wearing a baseball cap).

Entirely agree about main commentator. His reporting was full of mistakes (booking for Fletcher ??) , repetition (4 times he told us some of the Tartan Army were already in Spain) and stating the blatantly obvious (Craig Levein is wearing a baseball cap).

The Mak-Smith booking was a right red face,when every one and his dug knew it wasnt Fletcher.

Seen every Scotland game as far back as i can remember but can't remember hearing any commentary!

You should try it!

The Old Tolbooth

The worst ive ever heard.I believe Ewen Cameron is the man to save Scottish fitba commentary.

I'm with you on this one Towzer, at least Ewen puts a bit of passion into the game when he commentates on Scotland. That pathetic effort on the BBC was frigging useless, he made it sound like a funeral we were at ffs.

Ryan Gosling

I agree completely. I'd go as far as to say Hearts.TV commentator Phil Turnbull would be much better in that role. He is a true top boey.

Seen every Scotland game as far back as i can remember but can't remember hearing any commentary!

You should try it!

You have convinced me to go to the boozer on Tuesday night! Screw the commentary and the walk to the fridge.

:cheers:

cumbernauldjambo83

Wee Liam's awrite, nice bloke having worked with him before he got 'famous' lol! Still a dirty sheepy mind!

You have convinced me to go to the boozer on Tuesday night! Screw the commentary and the walk to the fridge.

:cheers:

That is an option,mate but was in a house tonight,like many,many other nights and watched the game and don't remember any or maybe the odd wee bit of commentary.

Visual only thanks!

That is an option,mate but was in a house tonight,like many,many other nights and watched the game and don't remember any or maybe the odd wee bit of commentary.

Visual only thanks!

Don't go raining on my parade Boab! Any excuse to go to the boozer is a good one these days!

I had to negotiate with a 3 year old that watching the game would be more fun than watching Dora the Explorer..........

Was thinking the same it was terrible surly the BBC could have found someone better than those 2 . Seemed very amateurish IMO

BBC Scotland and STV are both ameteurish regarding football commentry, pundits etc, always has been. If you compare it to Match of the Day down South you can see the difference.

More importantly, it was disgraceful that the match wasn't on one of the BBC HD channels...unless I missed it. :ninja:

shaun.lawson

The best Scottish football commentator around covered the game live last night. For ESPN. :thumbsup:

BBC Scotland and STV are both ameteurish regarding football commentry, pundits etc, always has been. If you compare it to Match of the Day down South you can see the difference.

They'll get abuse when the Finals start but the English are far better at putting on a football programme.

Richie Benaud was once asked what the secret of good commentating was. His reply was "knowing when not to speak". Liam MacLeod seems to think he needs to say something for every second of the game.

Richie Benaud was once asked what the secret of good commentating was. His reply was "knowing when not to speak". Liam MacLeod seems to think he needs to say something for every second of the game.

The art of silence is lost!

With blethering commentators and co-commentators together it does my head in!

And what makes it worse is their seeming failure to say what is actually happening or, worse, to stick to their errors when the replay proves they were talking mince (e.g. Provan).

Archived