Stevo for Scotland

Rudi's Left Peg

Rudi's Left Peg

Our international team seem to be struggling for a focal point up front. Kenny Miller is doubtful, Macail-Smith usually has a guy playing just off him for Brighton and David SmashingBoabie hasn't been featuring much for Blackburn.

I'll get slaughtered for it but.....

Ryan Stevenson give's 110% every game, wins headers, has decent technique, scores goals and although isn't classed as a striker....

does anyone feel he would make a difference to that Scotland team if he played up top on his own?

Discuss.....

heartsfc_fan

Not quite ready for it yet IMO, but if he keeps this form up for the next 3 or 4 months then why not.

Oh, and we have somebody who should be in the squad IMO....

Webster

:smuggy:

Nicholas Brody

Our international team seem to be struggling for a focal point up front. Kenny Miller is doubtful, Macail-Smith usually has a guy playing just off him for Brighton and David SmashingBoabie hasn't been featuring much for Blackburn.

Ryan Stevenson give's 110% every game, wins headers, has decent technique, scores goals and although isn't classed as a striker....

does anyone feel he would make a difference to that Scotland team if he played up top on his own?

Discuss.....

Nope.

Not quite ready for it yet IMO, but if he keeps this form up for the next 3 or 4 months then why not.

Webster

agree with this!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

article in the daily record the other day saying he would love to but usual down to earth just got to keep playing well for Hearts and see what happens etc

Might be bit early for him but if he keeps on form scoring wise then he might be considered. He showed that he can not only play well against bottom six teams like Hibs and St Johnstone but also did alright v Spurs at Tynie (only one who did that night), and has played well and scored v Celtic and Rangers, and scored in Europe (v Paksi).

Right i'll say it and take the abuse! Stevo is a trier but he seriously lacks quality! Yes he will run around a lot, but his passing is usually poor. Every time i've seen him play up front with elliot he some how never manages to play him in! I do honestly like the guy, but i'm not impressed by his overall game. When he plays quite he oftens over hits the passes thinking he is beckham, people have a go at temps for not going pass his man often enough, when was the last time you saw stevo beat a man?

I know i'm being harsh, i just think people are getting carried away with how good he is,i could easily pull up loads of threads of the same people slagging him off! Still would be on the hearts team sheet right now tho!

grumpy rebus

Right i'll say it and take the abuse! Stevo is a trier but he seriously lacks quality! Yes he will run around a lot, but his passing is usually poor. Every time i've seen him play up front with elliot he some how never manages to play him in! I do honestly like the guy, but i'm not impressed by his overall game. When he plays quite he oftens over hits the passes thinking he is beckham, people have a go at temps for not going pass his man often enough, when was the last time you saw stevo beat a man?

I know i'm being harsh, i just think people are getting carried away with how good he is,i could easily pull up loads of threads of the same people slagging him off! Still would be on the hearts team sheet right now tho!

Could just as easily be said about Kenny Miller.

Rudi's Left Peg

I think so if people like Swanson can get in than why not

good point, levein is a strange one though....selecting Don Cowie and Swanson ahead of.....

Craig Conway & Ross McCormack who have been unbelieveable for Cardiff & Leeds respectively.

Levein struggles to see beyond anyone who plays down south, the old firm and dundee utd. And really, if we are honest - if any front man deserves a call its the jailbird junkie from lochend who should be getting in or Levein picks his toys up and calls the former lochend scrubber Fletcher and tells him to get his chorus n' verse back into the Scotland team.

I think Stevenson, Templeton et al will need to show a run of form for the rest of this season to be considered.

Sexton Hardcastle

But as soon as we drop points (Dunfermline away?) people will be questioning his ability and worth to the team.

Ahh kickback

Steven.Hodge

That statement is wild; at the end of the day strikers are judged on goals scored, not their range of passing or their ability to go round a man.

Stevo lacks quality?

Where you not at the last Edinburgh derby?

Thunderstruck

That statement is wil;, at the end of the day strikers are judged on goals scored, not their range of passing or their ability to go round a man.

I concur and would point out that his passing is good, accurate and rarely over-ambitious. In recent games at Tynecastle, he played some excellent passes through for Elliott (and others) - not his fault they could not capitalise on the chances.

Other myths include that he doesn't gave quick feet or good close control. See goal No. 2 last Sunday.

His strengths are his fantastic workrate and an ability to read the game so as to be in the right place at the right time.

I think much of the negativity comes from the fact he arrived from Ayr and falls into the "we should be looking for better" category employed in some quarters. I think he has made the step up and looks more comfortable this season than when he first arrived. Fitness, confidence and working in the team will make a huge difference if the player is willing to work for it.

I see no reason why he should not be in the SQUAD. It would help his development and let the Scotland "management" team have a look at him.

thats utter pish mate, the only thing steveo lacks is pace.

edit, he went by two to make space and slot home on sunday anaw

Fort Vallance

Webster

How about waiting until he's played half a dozen games on the bounce.

the longer he doesn't get picked for west coast united the better for us.

lets all chant no stevo for scotland as well as temps, grainger, hammill, mcdonald, black etc and all our foreigners who might accidentally have played hear to long(driver) or have a great, great, great granny that visited scotland a hundred years ago. they can have webster seeing as even for us he only plays when he's no in a huff

thats utter pish mate, the only thing steveo lacks is pace.

The only thing that Stevenson lacks is pace.

This place is ******* insane.

Let's not have him ruin his promising career by training with horrible cloggers like McCulloch, cheating wee pansy diving wallopers like Naismith and Hibernian fans with questionable parentage like Swanson.

One of the over-age players for Team GB next yeat. NAP :thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

Hearts fans in general are to quick to poo poo an idea that Hearts players, unless superstars are not worth a punt for Scotland.

If Ryan Stevenson had done with any the ugly two what he's done already with Hearts he'd have been capped already. Football wise Scotland is a joke.

Every country on our level has a Ryan Stevenson type in their team. Not the best but will give you his all.

heartsfc_fan

I actually think if Templeton produces the form against Celtic last weekend, then he should be worth a shot in the team to.

I mean...how the **** can James Forest get into that Scotland team? I thought he was poor last weekend.

Of course, he's an old firm player!

winston churchill

As i stated last month.

Mr Webster is the only one in our gash squad good enough to get a game for the jocks fc.

Harry Palmer

As i stated last month.

Mr Webster is the only one in our gash squad good enough to get a game for the jocks fc.

I see he made the squad too... :rolleyes:

Hearts fans in general are to quick to poo poo an idea that Hearts players, unless superstars are not worth a punt for Scotland.

If Ryan Stevenson had done with any the ugly two what he's done already with Hearts he'd have been capped already. Football wise Scotland is a joke.

Every country on our level has a Ryan Stevenson type in their team. Not the best but will give you his all.

We already do, and he is fantastic for us, Kenny Miller!

I actually think if Templeton produces the form against Celtic last weekend, then he should be worth a shot in the team to.

I mean...how the **** can James Forest get into that Scotland team? I thought he was poor last weekend.

I was wondering that about Forest too but have to admit that from the highlights from the past few weeks he's actually been pretty good. Agreed he was pap against us though.

alwaysthereinspirit

We already do, and he is fantastic for us, Kenny Miller!

Fantastic? Really? I'm hoping I missed your whistling guy

Tommy Wiseau

As i stated last month.

Usually you don't go to the trouble of letting us know in advance that you've said something on here before.

The new caring, sharing Winston?

Busby2Gibson

Is he ready for Scotland? I don't think so. But I'll tell you what, if he did get a call, I'm sure he'd let no-one down.

As i stated last month.

A fully fit Driver would be in too.

Might take half a dozen games off the bench to prove it, but I'm sure he would be in there.

Lets see if he can keep it up and then come February when there is usually a friendly then i'm sure he'd be worth a call up.

that wee dick forrest pretty much left temps for deed, he's a quick wee ***** so he is.

Let's be clear, I'd go gay for Stevo, but, he won't make it at International level.

.....certainly not at 31.

Libertonian_II

Discuss.....

Sorry but no.

Loadsa effort, a wee bit skill but awfie slow.

God loves a trier but again no

Dave The Rave

I don't get the chat that stevo has little technique and that he is just a trier, workhorse etc etc, think he is sound technically, can spot a pass and can certainly finnish in front of goal...

Good to see him in good form ... Scotland cap, maybe not but then again worse / less effective players have been called up in recent years

Archived