Scottish Players in starting line up and youth players

Sydney

With McDonald, Hammill, Webster, Black, Stevenson and Templeton starting against Celtic, are we becoming one of the more "Scottish" teams in the SPL? We also have players like Driver, Kyle and Robinson all around the first team, so without looking at any stats, we must be up there. I think we only had three players (Skacel, Mrowiec and Obua) who weren't either Scottish or from our own youth set up playing out of the 14 on Saturday.

We've also had, arguably, the best youth team in Scotland for the last couple of years.

Is this a reflection on the success of Riccarton at attracting players or are we just lucky with this set of young players and we still pay high enough wages to attract other Scots from SPL clubs?

jamboinglasgow

You missed Zaliukas out on your list of players who are non-Scots and non-Academy. Anyway its too late to go into a full answer on this, but I will just say to add to this which you might be interested is that all the players in the under 19s (and as far as I can see the under 17s) are Scottish, thats the first time in quite a few years that has happened (certainly before 2004.)

Gregory House M.D.

DM needs alot of praise for this IMO. We could field a decent all British/youth academy XI.

MacDonald

Hamill Webster McKay Grainger

Robinson Jonsson

Novikovas Holt Templeton

Stevenson

We've definitely got alot of Scots in our squad these days. Possibly too many.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

You missed Zaliukas out on your list of players who are non-Scots and non-Academy. Anyway its too late to go into a full answer on this, but I will just say to add to this which you might be interested is that all the players in the under 19s (and as far as I can see the under 17s) are Scottish, thats the first time in quite a few years that has happened (certainly before 2004.)

Does Prychenko fall out of the under 19s category now?

Was the last time we had an all-Scottish starting XI in a first team match back in 04-05? I think it might have been against Celtic. But seeing as I didn't even count Big Zal in my foreigners on Sunday, what would I know!

Malcolm Tucker

Are Denis and Ogleby too old for that lark now?

Have Snapkauskas and Kaputsas left?

jamboinglasgow

Are Denis and Ogleby too old for that lark now?

Have Snapkauskas and Kaputsas left?

Yeah they are too old for under 19s and both the Lithuanians have left.

Archived