SPL Crime Count

Erik

rossthejambo

http://sport.stv.tv/...nd-crime-count/

Only FIVE bookings for Celtic. Thats pretty much ONE booking every TWO games.

I'd like to use the word unbelievable, but I cant.

And they're the one's that are getting picked on? :lol:

What I'm struggling to get my head round as well is how for everyone else a red card is worth 2 points yet for Celtic it would appear to be only worth 1.5! IT'S A TYPO, I KNOW!

:conspiracy:

(Think we need a more Celtic orientated version of this)

jamboinglasgow

Celtic and Rangers in the bottom three....now theres a surprise.

Does Naismith's ban count towards Rangers disciplinary points?

STV would be better served by also including stats to show how many fouls have been committed to teams so that we can see who can commit fouls and get away with it, and who gets booked for pretty much every tackle.

Now that would be an interesting stat to have!!

1 point for a booking, 2 points for a sending off, Celtic have 5 bookings and 2 sendings off for a total on the table shown of 8 POINTS, is this fecking weegie mathematics. :verymad:

What realy gets me is the OF can't understand why thier card count is so high when they play in europe, they genuinly think that euefa have it in for them. <_<

1 point for a booking, 2 points for a sending off, Celtic have 5 bookings and 2 sendings off for a total on the table shown of 8 POINTS, is this fecking weegie mathematics. :verymad:

I noticed that myself. It's a conspiracy.

Have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised to find us in the mid table zone. I thought we might be higher than that.

Is there a constantly updated version of this anywhere? Would be good to monitor it as we go along. Liked the idea about matching it up against fouls committed too, that's normally where the real eye openers come from with these stats.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Celtic and Rangers in the bottom three....now theres a surprise.

There is an argument to suggest because they have virtually all of the ball, they are less likely to commit fouls.

marshallschunkychicken

Am I looking at something else or has it been updated? I'm seeing 4 yellows and one red for Celtic on the main table?

4 West coast Teams bottom and with the exception of the Midden all East coast teams above the West coast teams.

interesting.jpg

By my reckoning it wont matter where we are in the table, how much improved we are on last season, we're getting fined regardless. (based on sfa end of season 2010/11 where despite a much improved performance we still got a record fine) :down:

Francis Albert

There is an argument to suggest because they have virtually all of the ball, they are less likely to commit fouls.

... and there is an argument that one of the reasons they have so much possession is that they keep getting awarded free kicks.

Anyway, anyone who ever watched John Hartson knows that it is perfectly possible for the team in possession to commit numerous fouls ... and get away with it more often than not.

Coburg Hearts

http://sport.stv.tv/...nd-crime-count/

Only FIVE bookings for Celtic. Thats pretty much ONE booking every TWO games.

I'd like to use the word unbelievable, but I cant.

That's a good site. thumbsup.gif I mentioned recently that Celtic got almost as many players booked in one game against Udinesse (3), as in all SPL games combined, and I wasn't far wrong. It's statistics like this that show our league up for what it is......a two bit corrupt institution that thinks it's whiter than white.

And Celtic think they are the VicTims.......dear oh dear oh dear. If Celtic had been treated like we have been the last few years there would be rioting in the East-end of Glasgow and further afield. It would never have got to that stage, of course, because the media would have come to their aid, wheras with us they stuck the knife in.

No wonder I hate Scottish football.

alwaysthereinspirit

OK I have celtic on 108 foals (with a game to play), Rangers on 95 and Hearts on 122....

Hearts get a card every 6 fouls on average.

Rankgers get a card every 7 fouls on average.

Celtic get a card every 15 fouls on average.

Obviously Celtic have been right all along. There is a conspiracy.:whistling:

That's a good site. thumbsup.gif I mentioned recently that Celtic got almost as many players booked in one game against Udinesse (3), as in all SPL games combined, and I wasn't far wrong. It's statistics like this that show our league up for what it is......a two bit corrupt institution that thinks it's whiter than white.

And Celtic think they are the VicTims.......dear oh dear oh dear. If Celtic had been treated like we have been the last few years there would be rioting in the East-end of Glasgow and further afield. It would never have got to that stage, of course, because the media would have come to their aid, wheras with us they stuck the knife in.

No wonder I hate Scottish football.

They also had more penalties than any team last season (and by some distance).

Hearts get a card every 6 fouls on average.

Rankgers get a card every 7 fouls on average.

Celtic get a card every 15 fouls on average.

Obviously Celtic have been right all along. There is a conspiracy.:whistling:

Please say you have stats to back that up as if so I am going to silence a few people in my work.

If so please supply - cheers.

By my reckoning it wont matter where we are in the table, how much improved we are on last season, we're getting fined regardless. (based on sfa end of season 2010/11 where despite a much improved performance we still got a record fine) :down:

does this mean we can expect a bigger fine at end of season :whistling:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

... and there is an argument that one of the reasons they have so much possession is that they keep getting awarded free kicks.

Anyway, anyone who ever watched John Hartson knows that it is perfectly possible for the team in possession to commit numerous fouls ... and get away with it more often than not.

How many more free kicks have they been awarded in comparison to other teams? Or have you just made that up?

Rangers and Celtic have the best players so they have more of the ball and therefore more chance of being fouled.

alwaysthereinspirit

Please say you have stats to back that up as if so I am going to silence a few people in my work.

If so please supply - cheers.

I based it on numbers from post #14. Hope he's right with those numbers. If not............................. Sorry.

Gods a Jambo

You come away with some belters.

alwaysthereinspirit

black has almost been booked the same ammount of times as celtic! lol

Dont panic. At the rate Celtic are being punished he'll catch all of them soon enough. But I still dont believe Celtic are receiving preferential treatment in any way shape or form.:whistling:

does this mean we can expect a bigger fine at end of season :whistling:

The invoice for ?200,000 is being drawn up now I believe. :o

kennyblack'sshot

Maybe someone could post the possession stats as well as the card and foul stats and we will have all the information we need to prove that the OF, and Celtic in particular, receive preferential treatment from the referees.

you can't credibly explain away a low card count by saying the team had more posession.

it's certainly one reason which could contribute towards a full explanation, but it's absolutely not a major reason why a team would have significantly less bookable offences over a period of time. the kind of posession required to make this a significant factor simply doesn't happen in scottish football.

try again.

4 West coast Teams bottom and with the exception of the Midden all East coast teams above the West coast teams.

interesting.jpg

That was my observation also, picked up on it right away...coincidence? ;)

So these numbers are calculated from the SPL website.

Hearts: 6.4 foals/booking, avg possession 49.5%

Celtic: 15.4 foals/booking, avg possession 55.2%

Rangers: 7.3 foals/booking, avg possession 57.8%

Francis Albert

How many more free kicks have they been awarded in comparison to other teams? Or have you just made that up?

Rangers and Celtic have the best players so they have more of the ball and therefore more chance of being fouled.

Made up, just like your theory. My comment was tongue in cheek.

Your point is fair as far as it goes (and incidentally entirely consistent with my theory that they get more free kicks) but no-one who has watched games involving the OF could think it was the whole story.

As I said, a player like John Hartson regularly got away with a ridiculous amount of fouling, whether Celtic were "in possession" or not.

And possession can't explain a statistic from a few weekends back. Hearts against St Mirren (not a notably fierce sort of game) 10 fouls, 4 yellow cards. The OF in aggregate in their two games, 17 fouls, 0 yellows.

Archived