Football rich list -- from 442 magazine just out

CJGJ

jambo in iraq

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/87230/default.aspx

Vlad at number 47 estimated wealth of ?100 million.

Celtic have 5 directors on the list and Rangers new owner does not appear -- only estimated wealth of ?20million and above are on list ?.

I like these sort of lists but I fear their accurancy is very limited. I have actually looked into Romanov's portfolio (sad ******* that i am) and from the company values against his share holdings his value is more likely in the range of 240-250 millions. That said he owns businesses in several countries and i would think it likely that he has a considerable off shore wealth that will not be listed in any football magazine. More realistically Romanov would be no 28 on the list.

and before anyone states the obviously, he got that rich by NOT throwing good money at bad in the scottish league where the chances of speculating 5m on a player and having any chance of selling him on for a profit is very risky. Better just sticking with the youth policy and good quality journeymen.

I like these sort of lists but I fear their accurancy is very limited. I have actually looked into Romanov's portfolio (sad ******* that i am) and from the company values against his share holdings his value is more likely in the range of 240-250 millions. That said he owns businesses in several countries and i would think it likely that he has a considerable off shore wealth that will not be listed in any football magazine. More realistically Romanov would be no 28 on the list.

and before anyone states the obviously, he got that rich by NOT throwing good money at bad in the scottish league where the chances of speculating 5m on a player and having any chance of selling him on for a profit is very risky. Better just sticking with the youth policy and good quality journeymen.

very much this.

i find it hard to believe that these amounts represent an exhaustive investigation into the complexities of the finances of all these people. i've seen estimates of romanov's 'wealth' ranging from ?100M to ?1Bn.

Do The Dance

I doubt the true wealth of any of these guys is out there for the media to work out accurately.

I doubt the true wealth of any of these guys is out there for the media to work out accurately.

Hence the continued use of the word "believed" throughout the article. They are speculating on people's wealth based on "believed" assets and company accounts.

Except Today

'believed' he could be a billionaire

how is he also re entry having never been featured before?

Interesting.... No Craig Whyte!whistling.gif

Craig Whyte wouldn't even make the lust of Top 100 Richest Rangers Fans never mind anything else!!!

The man is a charlatan and the Hun Loyal are swallowing it all like a cheap Thai hooker!

It will all end in tears for them. :ninja:

You could say that about everybody on that list so they all move up. The list mean's ****all to us but if it makes you feel better pretending he is at number 28 then crack on.

Craig Whyte wouldn't even make the lust of Top 100 Richest Rangers Fans never mind anything else!!!

The man is a charlatan and the Hun Loyal are swallowing it all like a cheap Thai hooker!

I think Whyte is hoping to do a Fergus McCann and walk away with about ?40m.Don't ask me how he expects to do it but.

Napoleon  Wilson

You'd think with ?12.4bn, Alisher Usmanov might be able to sort himself out with a chin.

AlisherUsmanov.jpeg

You'd think with ?12.4bn, Alisher Usmanov might be able to sort himself out with a chin.

AlisherUsmanov.jpeg

? It's precisely because he eats so well on that kind of money that he has that chin! The rest of us can only dream of such well-fed features...

According to the article, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Celtic and St Johnstone all have richer owners than Rangers - tick tock!!!

I think Whyte is hoping to do a Fergus McCann and walk away with about ?40m.Don't ask me how he expects to do it but.

Main difference is that Fergus was a very savvy businessman who said what his long term plans were from the outset and he achieved every single one before riding off into the sunset having left the club in a far better state than he had found it and also in the hands of the fans.

Whyte also has big ambitions but his problem seems to be that he doesn't have the financial clout of McCann or the business acumen not to be caught shooting his mouth off all the time.

The Bain court papers clearly show that he was shooting his mouth off to the press about how Bain would never return to Ibrox prior to any official disciplinary hearing taking place and the fact that he also suspended Bain while he was out the country on club business will also cone back to bite him.

May his demise be a lengthy entertaining one!

jambofaefife

From contacts in Ukios, Mr Ramonov is definately worth alot more than the figure quoted, if all offshore accounts taken into consideration his and his family is in excess of a billion. But we will never know unless we can find out banking contacts in Switserland and Cayman Islands

My assumption is that as Craig Whyte works with hedge funds and venture capital etc. is that he does not plan to use his own money.

Anyone know how much rangers is worth at the moment.

I believe that whyte bought the club for a pound and that comes with 30 million debt and 50 million tax fine. I believe that the club also makes 4 million profit.

So i think Whyte will ask his chums in 'the City' for some cheap cash. He has already resigned some top players on long term contracts which makes them assets and is talking up about them moving down south which wont happen but will look good to potential investors.

If he gets the cash and puts the club in the right direction, i.e. a viable business plan, then he just needs to play the long game and pay the debt + tax fine off.

Francis Albert

From contacts in Ukios, Mr Ramonov is definately worth alot more than the figure quoted, if all offshore accounts taken into consideration his and his family is in excess of a billion. But we will never know unless we can find out banking contacts in Switserland and Cayman Islands

Must be some pretty brave or foolhardy people in UKIOS if they discuss Vlad's private finances.

My assumption is that as Craig Whyte works with hedge funds and venture capital etc. is that he does not plan to use his own money.

Anyone know how much rangers is worth at the moment.

I believe that whyte bought the club for a pound and that comes with 30 million debt and 50 million tax fine. I believe that the club also makes 4 million profit.

So i think Whyte will ask his chums in 'the City' for some cheap cash. He has already resigned some top players on

long term contracts which makes them assets and is talking up about them moving down south which wont happen but will look good to potential investors.

If he gets the cash and puts the club in the right direction,

i.e. a viable business plan, then he just needs to play the long game and pay the debt + tax fine off.

And if your granny had baws she would have been your grandad!!!

Whyte has already mortgaged the season ticket money for quick cash to offer out the deals to McGregor, Whittaker & Davis and he gambled on Champions League cash to bail him out, epic fail!

He then hoped for Europa League cash, epic fail!

He is now left carrying the can for a tax bill and his only saving grace is that his club are 10 clear of their rivals from across the city. This will keep the follow follow loyal happy for now but the tax case is next month so it could all be irrelevant by then.

Archived