Motherwell Fans not convinced we will land McGhee!

tazhearts

ToadKiller Dog

There opinions seem to come straight from the daily ******,doubt they have a clue what McGhee will do .

That said either do we.

Dirk Diggler

They're still bitter about Ravenscraig and having to accept jobs in McDonalds and the like.

Silly little town, Silly little team.

Well I heard through an ex hearts player it was likely to be mcghee. So if hes signed somesort of pre-contract (which i doubt anyway because it would've been out by now) hes fecked it up for himself cause he could have european football with motherwell and if he hasn't he definately won't sign now.

so all in all we're probably not getting him.

davemclaren
Well I heard through an ex hearts player it was likely to be mcghee. So if hes signed somesort of pre-contract (which i doubt anyway because it would've been out by now) hes fecked it up for himself cause he could have european football with motherwell and if he hasn't he definately won't sign now.

so all in all we're probably not getting him.

European football is over-rated compared to a higher salary. :cool_shades:

I always find Motherwell fans and their weird obsession with us quite funny. Same with Falkirk. Pointless wee diddy teams who don't have a proper rival and hate us because we're far bigger than they ever have been, are or ever will be. Pointless, bitter wee irrelevances, the lot of them.

Edited to add : We won't get McGhee.

Never convinced by the rumours... I don't think that Romanov will open his wallet to get him or Levein. He'll probably just promote Shaggy.

Nelly Terraces

That website name. Bit of a misnomer no? Should really be DoleQinline.co.uk or buckyandheroinforbreaky.co.uk. methinks.

RockyBalboa
I always find Motherwell fans and their weird obsession with us quite funny. Same with Falkirk. Pointless wee diddy teams who don't have a proper rival and hate us because we're far bigger than they ever have been, are or ever will be. Pointless, bitter wee irrelevances, the lot of them.

Was wondering why they dislike Hearts so much to be honest :confused:

jamboinglasgow

they seem to think because they have one better season then us they are now a bigger team.

davemclaren
they seem to think because they have one better season then us they are now a bigger team.

They are not alone in that misconception.... :cool_shades:

Have to agree with what they say,Why would he want to come here.

He's going to finish the league with a possible european place

He's turned a mid table team into a team that can play together(something we don't have).

He's already making a name for himself with his results.

Why throw everything away and take a risk with mad Vlad.

I would love him to come but can't see it.

We will have to unload a mass of players and will have little to spend to get replacements.So why spend money we don't have on a manager who will want a six figure sum when we already have one who will do the job for peanuts.

Really can't see any change in our management unfortunatly

The Old Tolbooth

Just saved me typing bud. agree 100% :)

Problem for Motherwell is that money must surely be tight and they simply cannot buy a decent attendance these days !

MM must see that as a long term minus and if he was to be given a free hand I think he might come. As regards his CV, it was documented by SL :ninja: on another thread and the sackings / walkouts were all put into perspective ;)

Couldn't agree more.

I can't remember many Hearts fans caring when Motherwell went into administration. Or when they nearly got relegated. Yet this mob seem to take great joy in one fairly sh*te season.

Maybe if Hamilton come up, there will actually be a club out there who gives a toss about them.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I really couldn't give a rat's what Motherwell or their fans think and I'm not bothering to click on the link. If Vlad offers McGhee enough money, both to his back pocket and for squad building, and autonomy to run the team, he'll be here. I think the first part isn't a problem but the second one (understatement of the year) is.

What a load of pish.

Romanov or no Romanov, McGhee would choose Hearts over Motherwell everyday of the week. My only concern is if a Championship or Sellick comes in for him instead. It's not a formality that we will go after him though.

Have to agree with what they say,Why would he want to come here.

He's going to finish the league with a possible european place

He's turned a mid table team into a team that can play together(something we don't have).

He's already making a name for himself with his results.

Why throw everything away and take a risk with mad Vlad.

I would love him to come but can't see it.

We will have to unload a mass of players and will have little to spend to get replacements.So why spend money we don't have on a manager who will want a six figure sum when we already have one who will do the job for peanuts.

Really can't see any change in our management unfortunatly

MM is on ?60k at Well.

He would triple his money at Hearts.

A team chasing europe who cannot muster 5,000 fans and an away support of 400.

I know Hearts have had dialogue but it doesn't mean he is coming.

mcghee has been contacted and ogilvie met with levein in north berwick last thursday. mcghee has agreed in principle to come to us and the backroom staff and set up has all been agreed again in principle. the problem is there is split with hearts ogilvie wants levein as he seems the most likely to stay if he does a good job with us. and lopez wants mcghee but he is more likely to leave if he gets the chance.:)

Drylaw Hearts
mcghee has been contacted and ogilvie met with levein in north berwick last thursday. mcghee has agreed in principle to come to us and the backroom staff and set up has all been agreed again in principle. the problem is there is split with hearts ogilvie wants levein as he seems the most likely to stay if he does a good job with us. and lopez wants mcghee but he is more likely to leave if he gets the chance.:)

Pedro Lopez is in charge of Stadium Development.

Does he even have a say in who our new manager is ??

And can he over rule the MD ??

Geoff Kilpatrick
Pedro Lopez is in charge of Stadium Development.

Does he even have a say in who our new manager is ??

And can he over rule the MD ??

Of course he doesn't. But then, Campbell Ogilvie doesn't have one either.

It sounds as if McGhee is throwing his hat into the ring to take over at Celtic judging by his " I am a Celtic fan" comments in the papers yesterday.

Seymour M Hersh
I`m not convinced we`ll get him. Why would he want to come here?

?350k per year, massively more potential perhaps.

Any arrangement McGhee might have made with HMFC at this stage can only be a verbal one, and with WGS about to get punted, or punt himself, from Darkheid, there is no danger McGhee will be Hearts manager.

IMO

Apart from this season. ;)

I agree, McGhee won't come near Tynecastle.

Craig Levein has been my No 1 choice all along.

But i honestly don't know if he wants to come back...:sad:

McGhee was contacted and wanted full control. From what I have heard Vlad has said no and McGhee said GTF.

For going to a club for European football, see Lee Miller. That was worth it Lee, wasnt it?

MM would probably treble his salary. He doesnt come across as a stupid man, and surely he would realise that Hearts are more likely to get into Europe on a more regular basis than Motherwell. The difference in potential is huge IMO.

Patrick Bateman
McGhee was contacted and wanted full control. From what I have heard Vlad has said no and McGhee said GTF.

I sincerely hope thats not true. If Romanov is still insisting on some sort of influence over whoever is in charge, we'll be in the exact same situation next season.

I wonder what the renewal figurers are at the moment.

Craig Levein has been my No 1 choice all along.

But i honestly don't know if he wants to come back...:sad:

Less than two weeks ago John Colquhoun who happens to be Craig Levein’s agent said in a private conversation that he thought that CL would be the next Hearts manager. Who knows?

how convenient

Apart from this season. ;)

No, they're better than us this season. They're still a pointless wee diddy team.

Ryan Gosling

Our new manager will be Levein, McGhee or Jefferies - I think that's a safe bet.

I'd put my money on Jefferies with the other two saying no.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Our new manager will be Levein, McGhee or Jefferies - I think that's a safe bet.

I wouldn't be placing bets anywhere. The ghost of Mad Eddie still stalks Tynecastle.

If i could get a bet on it i'd be piling on Frail

mcghee refreshingly honest in his 'iam a celtic supporter' comments over the weekend, master tactician shows his prowess once again. amidst the clamour for WGS o get bumped the man who put the final nail in his coffin happens to drop in the fact he is a celtic man.

would like mcghee at Tyne even if he did his usual couple of seasons max before movin on, for the simple fact it would indicate vlad is pulling back from tinkering. fear however there's no chance of this and hence his putting himslef in the shop window and painted himself green and white over the weekend.

all of my thoughts are obviously my own opinions. have no 'in' on the facts like a few of you - surely though if hibshater is to believed we have JKB's first ever contact the innner circle, no?

bigbryanthejambo

..Since when did we take notice of what the Motherwell fans say?

They are also convinced that their team isn't a one season wonder and can mount a serious challenge next season...

...Conspiracy Theorists in claret and amber shirts.

Diddy Team.

European football is over-rated compared to a higher salary. :cool_shades:

everyone forget that when they talk about the job (it pays a ****load of cash ffs)

Yes.

CM said they had a plan A, B & C.

A - MM

B - CL

C - JJ

D - We're fecked - SF.

Couldn't agree more.

I can't remember many Hearts fans caring when Motherwell went into administration. Or when they nearly got relegated. Yet this mob seem to take great joy in one fairly sh*te season.

Maybe if Hamilton come up, there will actually be a club out there who gives a toss about them.

its a weird one we never won many popularity contests in the rest off scotland anyway eck but living through here and being totally surrounded by other team supports i can tell you the minute we started competing under burley and our profile was raised by romanov we started to arouse real animosity from wee team supporters

personally i have always found this to be disappointing and a real bad example of scottish small mindedness at work

MM is on ?60k at Well.

He would triple his money at Hearts.

A team chasing europe who cannot muster 5,000 fans and an away support of 400.

I know Hearts have had dialogue but it doesn't mean he is coming.

rix was on 350 000 with major bonus possabilitys http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/6495229.stm

for that money you jump through hoops

Archived