Vladimir talks to Heartsfc.co.uk

Praha06

tartofmidlothian

Don't you just bloody love him?

"After the win over Celtic the newspapers were writing about me encouraging the players. In my opinion, I encouraged and supported the manager in his efforts to produce European quality football rather than a glorified fight which is being sold as football."

Don't you just bloody love him?

"After the win over Celtic the newspapers were writing about me encouraging the players. In my opinion, I encouraged and supported the manager in his efforts to produce European quality football rather than a glorified fight which is being sold as football."

If he is talking about the football yesterday he must have been watching the wrong game.

Apart from the bottom of the table part, he is once again right. Many tines on here we have xompaloned about the nber of bookings in relation to fouls compared to our opponents. Until the red card, yesterday was the same.

winston churchill

Mr Romanov was pleased with the team's application and continental style of play which Hearts fans are witnessing as the new way forward in a league known more for its robustness of play

It was our robust play that won the game yesterday, not the pissy passy shite PS is trying and failing with.

...a bit disco

Apart from the bottom of the table part, he is once again right. Many tines on here we have xompaloned about the nber of bookings in relation to fouls compared to our opponents. Until the red card, yesterday was the same.

And there is a word I'm going to use in conversation sometime soon!

:thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

If he is talking about the football yesterday he must have been watching the wrong game.

The linked statement he made yesterday was one of his poorer ones of late (although most of them do have something in them which make you think "why did you say that").

Yesterday we won the game not by playing European football, but by rolling up our sleeves getting stuck in and being robust when necessary. He then goes on to infer in a roundabout way that the only reason we failed at St Johnstone was because they didn't pick up enough cautions, which is absolute nonsense. We lost at St Johnstone because the style of play adopted was feckin honking.

I would have been more interested if he had come out and said that the display against St Johnstone proved we are light years away from achieving what he classes as European football (I'm guessing he hasn't actually taken into account the number of teams in each of these European countries who are actually successful, or more importantly failures, but hey ho), and a lot of work is necessary and it is the younger players who need to be targeted to make change much more gradual. To blame it on the bookings is simply making an excuse for something that failed miserably.

And there is a word I'm going to use in conversation sometime soon!

:thumbsup:

Dinner over keyboard moment.....quality humour !!

Yesterday was the most JJ-like performance so far from Sergio's team. Fortunately it was as far removed from the square-passing drudgery of previous performances as could be imagined. Both goals resulted from passes that came down with a bit of snow on them. Was Vladimir watching the same game?

Tommy Wiseau

Yesterday was the most JJ-like performance so far from Sergio's team. Fortunately it was as far removed from the square-passing drudgery of previous performances as could be imagined. Both goals resulted from passes that came down with a bit of snow on them. Was Vladimir watching the same game?

I refer the gentleman to post #10.

I refer the gentleman to post #10.

I've weighed up the WUM argument and found it wanting.

Kickback has taught me that WUMs actually know what they're doing and apply themselves systematically to their art.

I trust this clarifies matters.

:teehee:

Tommy Wiseau

Kickback has taught me that WUMs actually know what they're doing and apply themselves systematically to their art.

The Good Troll Guide states:

"The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll.

If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.

It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings."

Sounds like Mr Romanov has it down to a fine art tbf. :thumbsup:

Not that I've ever studied trolling, or indeed know what it is. :)

The Old Tolbooth

The linked statement he made yesterday was one of his poorer ones of late (although most of them do have something in them which make you think "why did you say that").

Yesterday we won the game not by playing European football, but by rolling up our sleeves getting stuck in and being robust when necessary. He then goes on to infer in a roundabout way that the only reason we failed at St Johnstone was because they didn't pick up enough cautions, which is absolute nonsense. We lost at St Johnstone because the style of play adopted was feckin honking.

I would have been more interested if he had come out and said that the display against St Johnstone proved we are light years away from achieving what he classes as European football (I'm guessing he hasn't actually taken into account the number of teams in each of these European countries who are actually successful, or more importantly failures, but hey ho), and a lot of work is necessary and it is the younger players who need to be targeted to make change much more gradual. To blame it on the bookings is simply making an excuse for something that failed miserably.

Spot on PJ :thumbsup:

The Good Troll Guide states:

"The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll.

If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.

It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings."

Sounds like Mr Romanov has it down to a fine art tbf. :thumbsup:

Not that I've ever studied trolling, or indeed know what it is. :)

Unfortunately Mr Romanov appears to fall heavily at the first hurdle. His rants are well constructed in the sense that Birmingham city centre is well constructed.

He really ought to book himself in for some lessons at an established and respected school of WUMmery. You ...er ... wouldn't know anyone who could help?

:whistling:

shaun.lawson

Legi, if you ever get the chance, watch that BBC documentary on Romanov again. The one with all the dark, scary music, and him in the kind of small, non-descript apartment we wouldn't naturally associate with men of his level of wealth.

Listen to him being interviewed - or to what he says to his mates in the bar as Hearts struggle to break down Plastic Whistle in the Cup quarter-finals. When it comes to wind-ups, he does know what he's doing: that's one of the great fascinations of the man.

Legi, if you ever get the chance, watch that BBC documentary on Romanov again. The one with all the dark, scary music, and him in the kind of small, non-descript apartment we wouldn't naturally associate with men of his level of wealth.

Listen to him being interviewed - or to what he says to his mates in the bar as Hearts struggle to break down Plastic Whistle in the Cup quarter-finals. When it comes to wind-ups, he does know what he's doing: that's one of the great fascinations of the man.

If you're trying to suggest to me that he doesn't actually live in that flat with his wife and get served soup every night and doesn't have an office full of Lever Arch files on every player in Europe, I'm going to get quite upset.

Certain illusions are too good to shatter.

jamboinglasgow

Love how Vlad has wound people up on here, funnily enough a few of the people who were getting pretty annoying in the past week. :thumbsup:

WUMing aside...

there's actually some truth in what he says about disproportionate yellow carding to foul counts. we've all seen it... and not always involving hearts either. i wouldn't have cited the saints game though, and it's not something that happens in every single game we play.

as ever we have a statement that contains something worthwhile to hang your hat on... but as ever the worthwhile content / underlying truth will - and has - been over-shadowed by the emotive language and perhaps the wrong context being applied.

a lot of the statements are similar these days.

shaun.lawson

WUMing aside...

there's actually some truth in what he says about disproportionate yellow carding to foul counts. we've all seen it... and not always involving hearts either. i wouldn't have cited the saints game though, and it's not something that happens in every single game we play.

as ever we have a statement that contains something worthwhile to hang your hat on... but as ever the worthwhile content / underlying truth will - and has - been over-shadowed by the emotive language and perhaps the wrong context being applied.

a lot of the statements are similar these days.

I genuinely liked this one tbf. The old 12 Steps Program seems to be going OK for him at the mo. :ninja:

I genuinely liked this one tbf. The old 12 Steps Program seems to be going OK for him at the mo. :ninja:

all i know is that many people will label him a [insert derogatory name here] for this... as they probably did after every other similar meander.

what i think is that one would have to be a [insert derogatory name here] themselves to take what vladimir romanov says at face value.

there's way too much going on underneath that cranium to be certain that genuine views are expressed. i've always had him down as a WUM of sorts... but the very best WUMS keep you guessing as to when they are, and aren't, WUMing.

not proven for me on this occasion.

Craig Herbertson

I still think he wants to win the league and the only way to do it to change the system of play. Everyone in Scotland follows the same basic model. Our new manager seems to have been able to adapt his tactics which is a very promising sign. I hope he'll see that it's a combination of the so called continental style with the ability to change that during a game to our beloved 'hoofed ball' that will produce a winning team. That team will be Hearts.

Agree with what most are saying re the continental style thing largely bein pish for a variety of reasons, but I still cannae help but like VR!!! He drives me mental, really kills me at times, but I like the man! Like as soon as I clapped eyes on him I couldn't help but say aloud "gawn wee man!" Almost an involuntary admiration!

He's spot on with the yellow card thing too. I couldn't believe our yellow count at the end of last season - we aren't a dirty team and our team isn't any more disenty than any other (less imo). We've so often been kicked off the park by a Killie or Motherwell but got more cautions and then had the big physical myth thing peddled yet again by the pundits rather than them actually analyse the game in any real depth incase it showed them something they don't want to see.

Not everything is a conspiracy and VR would do well to realise that, but our treatment in general by refs - especially when it's easily backed up in cases such as Brines - and the SFA at large shouldn't be taken lying down.

Also, I'm a bit of a mook and not been on here much of late.... what's the WUM chat?

Coburg Hearts

Love how Vlad has wound people up on here, funnily enough a few of the people who were getting pretty annoying in the past week. :thumbsup:

Thank heavens I'm not the only one thinking this.

Barney Rubble

I dont know i think im getting used to these rants as i think i had a cringe moment when i read it but a barely noticeable one if you know what i mean !

kawasakijambo

Agree with what most are saying re the continental style thing largely bein pish for a variety of reasons, but I still cannae help but like VR!!! He drives me mental, really kills me at times, but I like the man! Like as soon as I clapped eyes on him I couldn't help but say aloud "gawn wee man!" Almost an involuntary admiration!

He's spot on with the yellow card thing too. I couldn't believe our yellow count at the end of last season - we aren't a dirty team and our team isn't any more disenty than any other (less imo). We've so often been kicked off the park by a Killie or Motherwell but got more cautions and then had the big physical myth thing peddled yet again by the pundits rather than them actually analyse the game in any real depth incase it showed them something they don't want to see.

Not everything is a conspiracy and VR would do well to realise that, but our treatment in general by refs - especially when it's easily backed up in cases such as Brines - and the SFA at large shouldn't be taken lying down.

Also, I'm a bit of a mook and not been on here much of late.... what's the WUM chat?

Wind Up Merchant

We_are_the_Hearts

The main difference on Sunday was the way we worked when we didn't have the ball. That was the big thing that let us down in Perth. All the good continental teams have that work ethic, the best being Barca. The way they chase to win the ball back is scary. Not just daft chasing like Black can be guilty of sometimes. As Locke and Stevenson said, that's the least we can expect. After that the passing and moving will be a work in progress but happy that we are aiming to change our style of play to compete as industrial footy only gets you so far. In Holt and Robinson we have two players tailor made for the "new style" in the future. Patience is a virtue!

Drylaw Hearts

The foul to cards ratio argument has to be backed up with the reasons for each individual booking. A player can commit 5 little fouls before getting booked for persistent fouling whilst pulling a players top is apparently an automatic booking.

The foul to cards ratio argument has to be backed up with the reasons for each individual booking. A player can commit 5 little fouls before getting booked for persistent fouling whilst pulling a players top is apparently an automatic booking.

obviously. but it is quite evident that more serious foul play is tolerated to a larger extent in some games than in others.

i'm not going to start claiming there's a deliberate campaign against hearts but i do believe that we have never tended to benefit from leniency when it comes to collecting yellows for persistent fouling offences... whereas sensible - and sometimes overdue - leniency is often shown to other teams. there will of course have been times when we have had actually benefited from such things, but over the course of the past 3-4 seasons i also believe that we are probably due a bit of 'luck' if the mantra of "these things even out over time" is to be believed.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

In a nutshell, this!

maltese jambo

Spot on. Much prefer how we played against Celtic

Archived