Scott Robinson and Paulo Sergio

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

After the match yesterday I listened to the Terrace Scottish football podcast from Tuesday (could not bring myself to listen to it after the defeat against St Johnstone but as I was in a great mood after us beating Celtic I thought I now is the right time.) So as they come to the Hearts game, they talked about the usual points, then Kenny Millar, who is a journalist from the Sunday Post, said that Paulo Sergio had said on the Friday before the game that Segio said he is wanting to give Scott Robinson a long term deal and build a team around him.

Now that is certainly interesting and amazed it has not popped up in any papers since then. It would make sense long term if Paulo Sergio rates him so highly.

jamboinglasgow

Doesn't really gel with the amount of game time he's giving him.

Thats my only question if that is Paulo Sergio's view.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

After the match yesterday I listened to the Terrace Scottish football podcast from Tuesday (could not bring myself to listen to it after the defeat against St Johnstone but as I was in a great mood after us beating Celtic I thought I now is the right time.) So as they come to the Hearts game, they talked about the usual points, then Kenny Millar, who is a journalist from the Sunday Post, said that Paulo Sergio had said on the Friday before the game that Segio said he is wanting to give Scott Robinson a long term deal and build a team around him.

Now that is certainly interesting and amazed it has not popped up in any papers since then. It would make sense long term if Paulo Sergio rates him so highly.

Hey JiG,

Sorry if I misunderstood this... Did Sergio say that he wanted to build the team around him or did someone say Sergio wanted to build the team around him or did Sergio say someone wanted to build the team around him? Not being pedantic but when you later said that you are not sure if Sergio feels the same way I thought that maybe you made a mistake in the original post... I am probably being stupid and not picking up the point properly though! :lol:

jamboinglasgow

Hey JiG,

Sorry if I misunderstood this... Did Sergio say that he wanted to build the team around him or did someone say Sergio wanted to build the team around him or did Sergio say someone wanted to build the team around him? Not being pedantic but when you later said that you are not sure if Sergio feels the same way I thought that maybe you made a mistake in the original post... I am probably being stupid and not picking up the point properly though! :lol:

Sergio said he wanted to build a team around Scott and also that he wanted to get Scott on a longer term contract.

Thanks for the post Borthers, Kenny does come across well even for a hibs fan :teehee: Interesting to see him suggest that Hearts should try playing Jason Holt. Also pointing out that the scientific individual fitness plans only started two weeks ago so that will take time to show their effectiveness.

Sexton Hardcastle

Maybe the current crop of players dont suit his style of play.

No point adapting what PS sees as hes ideal type of players ability and have him picking up Black/Eggerts style of play.

Sounds decent though.

Paulo talks hunners of tactics in the pre-match pressers and it never gets into any reports because there's a pervading feeling that folk don't want to read about that.

Kenny has done a great job with Hearts since moving east and I'd suggest is one to take seriously with any news about us. He was very impressed with Robinson in pre-season and I think is taking a keen interest in the player's progress himself.

Not as impressed as Jason Holt however. Barry Ferguson MKII . . .

Coburg Hearts

Paulo talks hunners of tactics in the pre-match pressers and it never gets into any reports because there's a pervading feeling that folk don't want to read about that.

Kenny has done a great job with Hearts since moving east and I'd suggest is one to take seriously with any news about us. He was very impressed with Robinson in pre-season and I think is taking a keen interest in the player's progress himself.

I asked him if Oor Wullie is a Jambo and he didn't rule it out. thumbsup.gif Top guy.

jamboinglasgow

Indeed, though note that the comparison is regurgitated from John Murray.

To be fair, I think people forget what a player young Barry Ferguson was, Dick Advocate really rated him and had he not got homesick when he first went down to Blackburn Rovers (which I dont think was helped by him not wanting to leave in the first place) he could have done well.

Charlie-Brown

I've said it before but if Jason Holt fulfills his obvious potential then he'll be the best Scottish midfielder we've had since John Collins or Gordon Strachan.

Make no mistake, Barry Ferguson was an outstanding player.

Not a fashionable statement, but a very true one.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

I suppose he's easing him into it then - always thought he was better than Black at CM either way.

Seymour M Hersh

What's hair product got to do with it? :whistling:

Make no mistake, Barry Ferguson was an outstanding player.

When he was young he was outstanding because he went forward a lot. Later in his career he was boring and limited, all backwards and sideways passes. Also when someone plays for Rangers or Celtic it's always difficult to judge exactly how good they are, in Scotland they get away with murder just because of the simple fact that they're wearing a blue or a green and white jersey.

I'd like to think that we could produce better players than Barry Ferguson. Why not? He doesn't exactly come high up in the list of Scotland greats that this country has produced over the years.

I've said it before but if Jason Holt fulfills his obvious potential then he'll be the best Scottish midfielder we've had since John Collins or Gordon Strachan.

Collins worked hard and made the most of what he had, but he was never a Scotland great. Gordon Strachan was a genuinely brilliant midfielder, vastly underrated in Scotland, he was the probably best player in the whole of the UK when he was with ManU and Leeds.

The People's Chimp

What's hair product got to do with it? :whistling:

Good product is behind Eggert's form this season IMO.

scott herbertson

Collins worked hard and made the most of what he had, but he was never a Scotland great. Gordon Strachan was a genuinely brilliant midfielder, vastly underrated in Scotland, he was the probably best player in the whole of the UK when he was with ManU and Leeds.

and Aberdeen I would argue, having seen them win the championship with him in the engine room

Mind you Collins and Ferguson at the Millenium England Scotland match were superb

Wouldn't want to take anything away from a solid peformance yesterday and the means justifies the end but I thought it was a mistake not to play Robinson instead of Adrian or Black. Yes we created a few chances first half but they were all from set pieces and Stevo looked very isolated most of the game and neither temps or Rudi had anyone to link with. The formation was fine but we really missed a midfield runner. Just hope he doesn't continue with that team at Dunf as there isn't many goals in it.

Wouldn't want to take anything away from a solid peformance yesterday and the means justifies the end but I thought it was a mistake not to play Robinson instead of Adrian or Black. Yes we created a few chances first half but they were all from set pieces and Stevo looked very isolated most of the game and neither temps or Rudi had anyone to link with. The formation was fine but we really missed a midfield runner. Just hope he doesn't continue with that team at Dunf as there isn't many goals in it.

Two points:

If we had played that way against Spurs with the same team and tactics, it would not have been the thrashing it was.

If we play that way against "lesser" teams, with the same team and tactics, we will struggle to break them down!

Seymour M Hersh

Good product is behind Eggert's form this season IMO.

And the side shed appears to be catching on with his team-mates! :thumbsup:

http://theterraceradio.podbean.com/2011/09/27/under-pressure/

Link to the episode in its entirety.

Archived