Isn't it really frustrating?

Dalry

Celtic are gash, Rangers are gash/average, Hibs/Aberdeen/Utd all gash also. If Romanov had just done what he did when he first came in and just went for it one season with 3-4 quality players we would win this league. If we had the team we had when we came 2nd and won the cup we would win this league, it's there for the taking. Frustrating as hell. I even think just a couple more players would do it!

Hearts spend more on wage bill is more then the club's incoming revenue so Romanov is putting money into the club.

Furthermore Romanov wrote off 7 million pounds worth of debt last year which will help the club long term.

I think he does more then most other chairman in the SPL!

I don't agree with a lot of what VR has done during his time at Hearts but as I.T.K says above VR spends millions to keep us going. Hopefully Sergio will get to bring in some players in the transfer window.

We never spend money when we should. Had we brought players in during the winter window last year I really believe we could have put in a serious challenge. I think the financial gap between us and the OF is getting smaller. This year, maybe too soon, but next year, if we are stable, get rid of some of the deadwood and PS is allowed to bring in a wee bit of quality I have high hopes.

We never spend money when we should. Had we brought players in during the winter window last year I really believe we could have put in a serious challenge. I think the financial gap between us and the OF is getting smaller. This year, maybe too soon, but next year, if we are stable, get rid of some of the deadwood and PS is allowed to bring in a wee bit of quality I have high hopes.

We would be mugs to spend big this year when there is every chance that Rangers will be MUCH weaker a year or 2 from now.

Jam Tarts 1874

If our players put the same effort into ALL games as they have done against Rangers and Celtic this season then everything would look much better. I don't see how the owner can be blamed for the laziness of our squad.

Fozzyonthefence

Are they? The only time they dropped points was against us on the opening day.

Yes, they are - they lost to 2 absolutely rank teams in Europe (one of which just got pumped 2-1 at home to an English Championship side). All that their record in the SPL tells us is how bad the standard of the SPL is but I don't think many people are disputing that.

Just look at the Rangers team - it's full of average / poor players. If Jelavic or Davis gets injured Celtic could still win the league.

Cut The Crap

While Vlad has made a considerable sum of money available over the past seven years, unfortunately he has also been responsible for wasting a decent proportion of it on inflated transfer fees, overpriced players who are unable to play, "registration" fees, architects' fees, and ongoing severance payments to staff members no longer with the club.

Properly managed, it should have been enough to see us clear in third every season and building a platform for a more sustained challenge to the top two. Maybe even a cup or two more. Instead we trundle along between 3rd and 6th, pretty much the same as we always did.

That's the most frustrating thing as far as I'm concerned.

Archived