Sergios' the Man

Eggo

He did the things right that were missing in the last two games:

- Much higher tempo passing.

- Defense was solid - in particular Webster.

- MacDonald had perhaps his best game for Hearts.

- More strength in midfield, nullifying Celtic's strength.

- Better up front, with Stevenson getting into a few good positions. We could still improve in terms of holding onto the ball, but I'm not sure we have the players available to do so.

- Better up front, with Stevenson getting into a few good positions. We could still improve in terms of holding onto the ball, but I'm not sure we have the players available to do so.

Naw, he picked a decent starting 11 :thumbsup:

JamboJohn1874

Sorry but not yet convinced.

We seemed to get a result yesterday by abandoning the dull, boring and annoying slow build up dirge he has been advocating so far and it worked. St Johnstone and Ayr where absolute shockers I'm not going to forget these so quickly.

The jury is firmly out in him. More days like yesterday and a decent showing in the Scottish cup please.

To be honest, a lot of how well he does and how fair it is to judge him is on how he does in the transfer window in January and if Vlad backs him. He needs to be judged on his own players and his own team.

Charlie-Brown

Yesterdays tactics and team selection was spot on to combat Celtic and should also probably be effective if we approached the Rangers game in a similar way (assuming we play to our best of course) however Iam not sure they would work in games that we expect to be the dominant team and need to collect 3 points. Mrowiec, Black and Jonsson aint gonna break down too many packed defences.

We seemed to get a result yesterday by abandoning the dull, boring and annoying slow build up dirge he has been advocating so far and it worked. St Johnstone and Ayr where absolute shockers I'm not going to forget these so quickly.

I wouldn't describe the Hibs and St. Mirren games as dirges. A run of 3-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 at home in the league convinces me.

Not sure why our away form isn't so good. That's the opposite of this time last year.

We played differently yesterday not because of fan pressure but because of Sergio's assessment of the opposition and the conditions. In other words, he's not a one-trick pony.

Similarly, making attacking substitutions against 10 men was refreshingly right.

Fort Vallance

- Defense was solid - in particular Webster.

- MacDonald had perhaps his best game for Hearts.

Width !

The Old Tolbooth

The jury is firmly out in him. More days like yesterday and a decent showing in the Scottish cup please.

To be honest, a lot of how well he does and how fair it is to judge him is on how he does in the transfer window in January and if Vlad backs him. He needs to be judged on his own players and his own team.

I'm with you pair.

Would also add the 3 nil win against aberdeen, great result but unconvincing performance from Hearts that day.

That said, I am not planning to dust off my pitch fork just yet. thumbsup.gif

I want him to do well.... but one swallow does not make a summer!

Well done for yesterday Sergio.. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

it does when you are 13, if you know what im sayin :whistling: :whistling:

I like him noo :whistling:

Eggo! You're worse than the weather!!!

But I love a good conversion!!!

I wouldn't describe the Hibs and St. Mirren games as dirges. A run of 3-0 2-0 2-0 2-0 at home in the league convinces me.

Not sure why our away form isn't so good. That's the opposite of this time last year.

We played differently yesterday not because of fan pressure but because of Sergio's assessment of the opposition and the conditions. In other words, he's not a one-trick pony.

Similarly, making attacking substitutions against 10 men was refreshingly right.

Loved JJ but remember him taking off a forward (forwards) and putting on midfielders when we were chasing a result?

You're nearer the mark with above assessment!

I agree, in thread last week I mentioned how I'd like a manager who will change things depending on the opposition, I feared he was a one trick pony. I was proved wrong yesterday. Sergio played it well hopefully we can now kick on and get a decent run like last year.

Dunfermline away next, I hope the it's not the typical Hearts script whistling.gif

Have yet to see the highlights, and am slipping on my attendances at Hearts matches due to being based in London, but...

One comment above made a lot of sense. He beat Celtic with combat like tactics. So when it comes to the brain game, he's ticked some boxes.

We've had some shockers, but let's see if he can apply the same tactical element to Rangers. My Dad said the team looked a lot fitter too.

Esp. Rudi.

One to build on, yes.

One to get excited about, no.

Deodato

The team has a serious motivation problem. There is no chance we would lose to St. Johnstone in the manner we did and then beat Celtic without a change in attitude and mentality taking place. Ultimately, it's the same number of points up for grabs.

I'm still concerned about the passing style with players who are not good enough to pull it off.

Buffalo Bill

The ultimate tactic, as in the best thing in our locker is to get the ball onto Rudi Skacel's left peg about 20 yards from goal.

If we can keep doing that, he will score goals more often than not.

Yesterdays tactics and team selection was spot on to combat Celtic and should also probably be effective if we approached the Rangers game in a similar way (assuming we play to our best of course) however Iam not sure they would work in games that we expect to be the dominant team and need to collect 3 points. Mrowiec, Black and Jonsson aint gonna break down too many packed defences.

Swap one of that 3 for Scott Robinson, preferably the jam roll.

Cut The Crap

The team has a serious motivation problem. There is no chance we would lose to St. Johnstone in the manner we did and then beat Celtic without a change in attitude and mentality taking place. Ultimately, it's the same number of points up for grabs.

I'm still concerned about the passing style with players who are not good enough to pull it off.

That's the way I see it. No problem getting themselves uop for big games against Rangers, hibs and Celtic, or playing in front of sizeable crowds at Tynecastle. Precious little heart for the fight at empty grounds like Fir Park, Killie, Inverness or St Johnstone.

That's where the manager should be earning his corn.

peebles jambo

not entirely satisfied yet, gets rid of some passengers like of obua and clum and it might help, stop all this tippy tappy nonsense and let us play like we played yesterday and that just might convince me he's the man

Spot on. The obvious use of Mrowiec, Black and Jonsson as a triangle in midfield was designed not to be beat and the fact we only played with one winger meant we were more compact on our pitch. Eggart was simply perfect in behind a rampaging Ade and Ian, and having McGowan on the bench meant more options available from mid to rear. The subs allowed the removal of the booked players against 10 men for me was the best move, without much disruption. The squad was picked to stop the green hun and will be different again when we play the Pars and will revert back for the blue hun. I do not expect to see same midfield against bottom 6 clubs.

I want him to do well.... but one swallow does not make a summer!

This!!

This!

And This!!

jamboinglasgow

A couple of Portuguese journalists (or Portuguese based journalists) on twitter are loving a video on youtube (which I dont think I can put on here as unfortunatly as it contains someone shouting the other F word at Celtic fans) which has section G singing the Paulo Sergio song at the end of the match.

andreviana Andr? Viana

Paulo S?rgio, S?rgio, Paulo S?rgio: youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc!

andreviana Andr? Viana

A partir de hoje sou do Hearts! Apesar do Paulo S?rgio? N?o, por causa do Paulo S?rgio! S?rgio! Paulo S?rgio! youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc

andreviana Andr? Viana

Com 5 vit?rias em 12 jogos oficiais, Paulo S?rgio ? ?dolo na Esc?cia. Com uma m?sica destas, o que teria feito em Alvalade?

andreviana Andr? Viana

Quem sabe qual ? a m?sica que inspira os adeptos do Hearts? A resposta certa vale um bilhete para a tourada

portugoaldotnet Tom Kundert

RT @cahiers_dusport Brilliant. Hearts fans caught between big upping PauloS?rgio & taunting Celtic fans youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc Via @andreviana

cahiers_dusport Ben Shave

In other, happier news, this is the finest piece of YouTube fun I've seen in, oh, years. youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc. Via @andreviana.

Didn't Romanov pick the team yesterday?

Yes, he did - just not the one which actually played. It was handed to Sergio pre-match directly by VR: "this is today's team." Sergio handed a piece of paper back to VR and said, "no, this is the team."

"It had better win then," he was told.

Hopefully VR learnt something from this.

Coburg Hearts

Yes, he did - just not the one which actually played. It was handed to Sergio pre-match directly by VR: "this is today's team." Sergio handed a piece of paper back to VR and said, "no, this is the team."

I thought your man ITK was now at the filth, or are you just making stuff up now? (or am I missing something)

Cut The Crap

Not sure why this time should be any different.

No wonder he left with half an hour to go. Must have been seething! :lol:

I thought your man ITK was now at the filth, or are you just making stuff up now? (or am I missing something)

Fingers in pies, CH. Fingers in pies.

The above happened by the way. Not expecting anyone to believe it, but there it is and do with it as you will.

Coburg Hearts

The above happened by the way. Not expecting anyone to believe it, but there it is and do with it as you will.

Aye, right then. All the hat-kickers will lap it up, though.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'll take it at face value.

Why would you post it though? Just ... why?

Trying to stir up some shite? In the huff about your pal Billy?

I'm sure Hearts don't want private matters than concern no one splashed over the internet.

You'll end up getting Gary Locke in trouble.

I'll take it at face value.

Why would you post it though? Just ... why?

Trying to stir up some shite? In the huff about your pal Billy?

I'm sure Hearts don't want private matters than concern no one splashed over the internet.

You'll end up getting Gary Locke in trouble.

Don't know Gary Locke. Seriously. Not from him.

Thought it may be of interest is all. I think it's reasonably important that the fans do know how VR treats his employees and runs HIS club. It's my opinion PS won'tlast long and, again, it won't be because of football or coaching ability. Once more our manager isnt being allowed to do his job

Look, I'm no bein Billy Bigballs (its just a persona!) just posted a wee snippet I had which I actually think should be of interest.

Believe me,I've sat on plenty of info which I didn't want this place getting its hands on!

A couple of Portuguese journalists (or Portuguese based journalists) on twitter are loving a video on youtube (which I dont think I can put on here as unfortunatly as it contains someone shouting the other F word at Celtic fans) which has section G singing the Paulo Sergio song at the end of the match.

andreviana Andr? Viana

Paulo S?rgio, S?rgio, Paulo S?rgio: youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc!

andreviana Andr? Viana

A partir de hoje sou do Hearts! Apesar do Paulo S?rgio? N?o, por causa do Paulo S?rgio! S?rgio! Paulo S?rgio! youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc

andreviana Andr? Viana

Com 5 vit?rias em 12 jogos oficiais, Paulo S?rgio ? ?dolo na Esc?cia. Com uma m?sica destas, o que teria feito em Alvalade?

andreviana Andr? Viana

Quem sabe qual ? a m?sica que inspira os adeptos do Hearts? A resposta certa vale um bilhete para a tourada

portugoaldotnet Tom Kundert

RT @cahiers_dusport Brilliant. Hearts fans caught between big upping PauloS?rgio & taunting Celtic fans youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc Via @andreviana

cahiers_dusport Ben Shave

In other, happier news, this is the finest piece of YouTube fun I've seen in, oh, years. youtu.be/aJrzx5-1mfc. Via @andreviana.

:jjyay:

Just found the video using the links on your post.

It has over 10,000 views, no bad.

Archived