Well done Temps

Francis Albert

I`m not saying he is the saviour and like any player, he has to earn his place but we need to keep players with ability in the team.

Over a season they`ll win us a fair share of points. Yes, they`ll have their quiet games and be pounded by the usual JKb whingers but HMFC can`t afford to keep players with his sort of ability sitting on the sidelines.......

Jam Tarts 1874

Even when he is having a quiet game he can still make something happen. But of course he's shite isn't he!?!

That's what he can do when he passes the ball. Just frustrating he doesn't choose that option more often.

jamboinglasgow

I have been noticing more since the first Spurs game, one of the things that make a big team better then other teams. That is they get the balls other teams think will just go out or get picked up by the defender. Temps did that with the second goal, Wilson expected Templeton not to get the ball in time so slowed down, but Templeton back heeled it and what more back heeled it cleverly to the right rather then straight behind thus removing the serious threat of Wilson for Stevenson.

Really pleased for Templeton, has been starting to show some of the skill he had last season and if he could just get a goal, then his confidence would go through the roof.

Thought he played really well yesterday, looks a different player when he's playing with Skacel. Pretty sure he said he never meant the touch for the first goal though.

Thought he played really well yesterday, looks a different player when he's playing with Skacel. Pretty sure he said he never meant the touch for the first goal though.

He said in the papers today that he didn't mean it, he was trying to control it and it fell to Skacel.

He said in the papers today that he didn't mean it, he was trying to control it and it fell to Skacel.

A bit fate and good following up from Rudi contributed. Temps said he was looking to turn and shoot but he saw Rudi on his right and let it run even though his touch was a bit heavy. :thumbsup:

Either way, who really gives a.......we scored! :thumbsup:

Thought he was fairly pish in the first half, tbh.

He did really well to set up the two goals yesterday but he still seemed too reluctant to have a real go at the full back and looked quite lethargic imo.

Looked great yesterday. Looked like the wee spell on the sidelines has done him good - he was choosing the right option more (passing!) and did very well for both goals - whether he meant it for Rudi or not, his touch for the 1st was excellent, it would have gone out for a throw had some others been in the same position!!!

Made up for the wee guy: "I'm no a Celtic fan any more though - I'm a Jambo". Good lad!

I won't bother asking for apologies from a certain poster who claimed I had a vendeta against Temps when I claimed months ago he needed dropped to find his game again. All I'll say is, just check who the poster is before blabbing - there's one or two of us who're rarely, rarely wrong.

Guid.

Francis Albert

That's what he can do when he passes the ball. Just frustrating he doesn't choose that option more often.

Agreed, but if the back heel hadn't come off I have no doubt there would be plenty complaining about "poor decision making."

Late in the first half he had a run from half way and did the "safe" thing by passing it when I wanted to see him try to get into the penalty area himself. Sort of playr who should take risks in the right parts of the field

Agreed, but if the back heel hadn't come off I have no doubt there would be plenty complaining about "poor decision making."

Late in the first half he had a run from half way and did the "safe" thing by passing it when I wanted to see him try to get into the penalty area himself. Sort of playr who should take risks in the right parts of the field

Agree with you totally. Ach, fitba's all about decision making, whether you're the CH trying to get a ball you can't get to or the winger running when the pass is on/passing when the run is on.

I'm pretty confident Temps will get there. Yesterday he seemed to have taken a step in the right direction.

FWIW, I've no want to start a thread on the subject so I'll chuck it in here, but I thought Forrest was very good for them yesterday. Seen a lot of complaints about his inclusion for Scotland, but I thought he looked a player.

jamboinglasgow

Agree with you totally. Ach, fitba's all about decision making, whether you're the CH trying to get a ball you can't get to or the winger running when the pass is on/passing when the run is on.

I'm pretty confident Temps will get there. Yesterday he seemed to have taken a step in the right direction.

FWIW, I've no want to start a thread on the subject so I'll chuck it in here, but I thought Forrest was very good for them yesterday. Seen a lot of complaints about his inclusion for Scotland, but I thought he looked a player.

I agree that descision making is key to football, a lot of it comes with experience and remember someone saying on here that not too long after Sergio took over at training he was chatting with Templeton about his decision making. I think Templeton is starting to show that. I remember people saying that Driver had no end product, but thing is he does and his problem was that he would take a shot when he should have run further and crossed or ran and hit a wayward cross when he would be better to run in and hit a shot. It is something that many young players have but if they learn quickly they can cope.

Also agree with you about Forrest. I thought he had a quieter match then he normally would yesterday (and I think that came down to our tactics with Grainger and some of the midfield closing him down and forcing him into tight areas) but he did look like the player in Celtic's team who if they were to get anything, he would have a big part in it. He has a big future if he continues the way he does, and I think Levein has seen that as well and is keeping him in the squad to build experience (like he is with Wilson and Hanley,) not starting or getting many games but getting used to the Scotland set-up and Levein's style. His demoltion a few weeks ago of Motherwell was a fantastic performance and for a 20 year old winger, to have a better than 1 in 4 goal ratio in the SPL is pretty decent. He is one of a number of emerging Scottish talent that could go far.

Even when he is having a quiet game he can still make something happen. But of course he's shite isn't he!?!

I am one of those who have criticed him in the past and I thought he contributed to both our goals and did do some decent work however he is far from the finished article.

I know Manager's generally want to focus on the positives but that is because they are wanting to give the players confidence however they also need to work on players weaknesses.

For me he still needs to get forward and support players more and he is still very easily pushed off the ball so he needs to work on his upper body strength.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

there's one or two of us who're rarely, rarely wrong.

We do appreciate your expert analysis all the way from Morocco, TheBigO.

What do those of us who see Hearts in the flesh know about anything?

:)

We do appreciate your expert analysis all the way from Morocco, TheBigO.

What do those of us who see Hearts in the flesh know about anything?

:)

Was at most home games last season and have been at 3 this, but thanks for keeping tabs on my whereabouts for me AP.

Gregory House M.D.

Well done to the lad. A lovely backheel. Hope he and Skacel keep it up and I'll be forced to munch humble pie.

Tommy Wiseau

Marrakech Express :rofl:

"I don't do arrogance, I do knowledge, son"

:rofl:

Arid climate and too much Harira has pickled the noggin - NAP. :cornette:

On topic, Templeton was cracking yesterday for the most part. Learning that he cannae do it all himself.

Sergio Garcia

Had a great game yesterday, I think the fact he had been benched for the past few games has made him realise he needs to grab the chance to impress to make sure he is in the starting line up. His decision making is improving quite a bit under PS and hopefully he can recapture the form he showed previously

Marrakech Express :rofl:

"I don't do arrogance, I do knowledge, son"

Arid climate and too much Harira has pickled the noggin - NAP. :cornette:

On topic, Templeton was cracking yesterday for the most part. Learning that he cannae do it all himself.

Ha ha, braw

Forrest and Commons where the only threat they had!

there's one or two of us who're rarely, rarely wrong.

That takes a special kind of stupid! :laugh:

Well played, David. Always said we shouldn't have dropped you. :thumbsup:

That takes a special kind of stupid! :laugh:

Well played, David. Always said we shouldn't have dropped you. :thumbsup:

I'm taking that as a compliment! So there!

I was right here BH and if Temps goes on to play for Man U, he has me to thank and you know it!

Hilary Briss

Temps had undoubted quality and has to play IMO.

He is young and like most wingers he will have games that he is not involved that much, but he can win you games.

Much the same as Rudi....he has to start as he is the only one at our club that could have scored that goal yesterday.

Archived