Referee

1874robbo

This ref was the same one in charge of the last derby, remember that game? There could have potentially been 3 red cards for hibs that day and 1 for us.

I wonder how tolerant he will be today? I somehow think this will be refereed somewhat differently.

Malinga the Swinga

To give him credit, the referee called everything correctly today. Can't remember a decision that caused any controversy, gave the red card when it was due, and pretty much got all decisions right.

If only they reffed every week as good as that, and we would have no complaints.

To give him credit, the referee called everything correctly today. Can't remember a decision that caused any controversy, gave the red card when it was due, and pretty much got all decisions right.

If only they reffed every week as good as that, and we would have no complaints.

This! :thumbsup:

sorry to disagree but similar contacts were not treated with the same result, multiple contacts and fouls given against smeltic without words yet repeated words in the ear to fouled Hearts players, the deliberate push/pull on an unbalanced Rudi to go over the ad board should have been at least spoken about. Had the result been reversed how much grace would you have given the Ref then?

sorry to disagree but similar contacts were not treated with the same result, multiple contacts and fouls given against smeltic without words yet repeated words in the ear to fouled Hearts players, the deliberate push/pull on an unbalanced Rudi to go over the ad board should have been at least spoken about. Had the result been reversed how much grace would you have given the Ref then?

Nothing in the push,he was fair and strong enough to turn down their stupid claim for a penalty.

Craig Thomson is the best ref we have.

He'll make mistakes but isn't afraid to penalise the Old Firm when necessary too.

Nicholas Brody

I thought the ref was pretty good, main stand linesman was clueless though!

Bang on.

somakeanoise

I thoought he did OK but bottled making a decision with Majstorovic and I have no idea how Wanyama escaped a yellow.

Tynecastle Valhalla

celtic were very lucky not to get more bookings including mastorivic and that left back on hammill off the top of my head.

He'll make mistakes but isn't afraid to penalise the Old Firm when necessary too.

Correct!

alwaysthereinspirit

Its the wee things that get my goat. Pacing off 10 yards for a Celtic wall then insisting they move to exactly where he stood. They didn't and he gave a shrug like "ah whatever"

Same thing down the other end for our wall and he waited till we moved all the way back.

Dont get me started on the niggly wee fouls they got away with without a word.

He wasn't the talking point though. So all in all not so bad.

Consistency :verymad: is all we want.

Seymour M Hersh

No idea why he didn't book the tim who blootered Hammil. Kept play going then goes back to him and just talks to him. Why even bother holding up play? Of course Rudi is booked immediately. It's the small things that add up to the infirm getting favourable treatment from referees. As for the big Swedes foul on Stevenson????????????? Not a pen as was outside the box but a certain foul (especially had it been down the other end).

CavySlaveJambo

Add the Wheatfield Linesman to the Clueless pile as well.

Although someone in Section C did a great job trying to tell them that just before half time.

True. The offside against Stevenson was a joke.

He guessed and got it wrong.

Correct. He's the best ref in the SPL by some distance and unlike a number of his colleagues, he does not fear giving decisions against the old firm. I was impressed today how he was not fooled by some of the diving antics of the Celtic players - which were embarrassing at times.

He had a sloppy first half.

Booking Rudi after worse fouls from Celtic players (don't know their names) and Ian Black.

Ki's booking didn't seem as bad as some he let go as well.

He got the sending off spot on.

Whitley Jambo

Add the Wheatfield Linesman to the Clueless pile as well.

Although someone in Section C did a great job trying to tell them that just before half time.

That would be Lawrence Kerrigan with the flag, one time Celtic season ticket holder from a very large family of Celtic season ticket holders !!!!

Correct. He's the best ref in the SPL by some distance and unlike a number of his colleagues, he does not fear giving decisions against the old firm. I was impressed today how he was not fooled by some of the diving antics of the Celtic players - which were embarrassing at times.

But strangely no yellows cards for it :whistling:

Its the wee things that get my goat. Pacing off 10 yards for a Celtic wall then insisting they move to exactly where he stood. They didn't and he gave a shrug like "ah whatever"

Same thing down the other end for our wall and he waited till we moved all the way back.

One thing that they do in the MLS, which could be used elsewhere, is that the ref has a small aerosol can, he can mark the line for the players to stand on. The line disappears in about a minute, so it's not a permanent mark on the pitch and everybody knows where they are to stand when the kick is taken.

alwaysthereinspirit

One thing that they do in the MLS, which could be used elsewhere, is that the ref has a small aerosol can, he can mark the line for the players to stand on. The line disappears in about a minute, so it's not a permanent mark on the pitch and everybody knows where they are to stand when the kick is taken.

Never seen that but its a bloody smart idea.

Never seen that but its a bloody smart idea.

Only if the ref bothers to pace ten yards, where hamill nearly scored in the first half, he did nine les than normal, leaving the wall about seven yards from the ball.

Rudi pretty much just launched himself over the boards when you see the replay of it. He barely got touched.

Rubbish,if anything the guy actually tried to stop Rudi from going over and making an arse of himself,he only reacted that way because he was made to look like a wee daftie,ref had a very good game as he normally has when refereeing games,defo our best ref right now.

this was the point in my posting earlier that Yes he is the best ref onthe go at mo BUT we need the same fouls for the same contact. Hamill ran into back of a player - foul, Temps at the corner flag same impact goes over no foul. Why?

The numerous late challenges that went without a word but not when involving a Hearts player, Eggert was spoken to after the big Mas had clattered him.

By the way all my comments on today's game come without the benefit of replays as I only have my own eyes to base any observations on. Thanks.

P.S. not aimed at the above quote by the way just not sure how to bring all the posts together :thumbsup:

southside1874

Thats what I seethumbsup.gif

stirlingshirejambo

overall a good strong performance but got it totally wrong after the red card. He sent both Hearts players off the field after treatment and Hamill had to kick the ball out of play. When 2 players injured the rule is they are allowed to stay on after receiving treatment. We should not have been put at this disadvantage.

Only if the ref bothers to pace ten yards, where hamill nearly scored in the first half, he did nine les than normal, leaving the wall about seven yards from the ball.

I noticed that.

His 10th "stride" was actually bringing his right foot to his forward left foot and not ahead of it.

Quite clever or he's a bad counter.

Gods a Jambo

Rubbish,if anything the guy actually tried to stop Rudi from going over and making an arse of himself,he only reacted that way because he was made to look like a wee daftie,ref had a very good game as he normally has when refereeing games,defo our best ref right now.

Behave yourself, If he's the "best" were messed. He missed a lot, got the sending off spot on though.

To be fair today's ref does have long legs.

Archived