Garry O`Connors dive last night.....

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson

I remember that he also did a blatant dive whilst playing for Scotland versus Lithuania, strange that Miko got pelters for his one in the same game and O'Conners was glossed over.

Guest Dipped Flake

If the SFA really want to clamp down on diving they need to act when such an obvious case falls into their lap. They won't though.

I take it St. Johnstone would need to complain about this (not that it does them any good now). Not seen it yet but quite a few hibs fans saying it was a dive so it must have been

William H. Bonney

I remember that he also did a blatant dive whilst playing for Scotland versus Lithuania, strange that Miko got pelters for his one in the same game and O'Conners was glossed over.

Mikos was a clear case of xenophobia. At that time there was a strong anti lithuanian feel to this country.

A terrible dive, a terrible decision by the ref., and the commentator does not even question the penalty award. Imagine had that been a Hearts player, or even worse, a Lithuanian one?

There are no double standards in Scotland, though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15111890.stm 3' 45" in

Shocker of a decision. Should be at least a 2 game ban, based on the Miko precedent.:whistling:

Truly awful dive, doesn't even look like a foul. How on earth could the ref possible give that?

On another note, 2:25 in: Ian Murray taking a boot in the pus by the look of things.

:pleasing:

At the time of the game Keith Wright (of all people!) spoke out loudly, and publicly, in Miko's defence.

He said that we either had to accept diving as part of the modern game - in which case folk should lay off Miko. Or we don't want diving in the modern game - in which case Scotland should have taken action against Gary O'Connor.

He was the only one I heard then who actually had the cajones to come out and say it.

I would be embarressed to take a pen for that,,,, he looked like a fat overweight coked up flying cow, oh wait!!!

Gregory House M.D.

Another call for technology in football! whistling.gif

Rifles built into the corner flags?

At the time of the game Keith Wright (of all people!) spoke out loudly, and publicly, in Miko's defence.

He said that we either had to accept diving as part of the modern game - in which case folk should lay off Miko. Or we don't want diving in the modern game - in which case Scotland should have taken action against Gary O'Connor.

He was the only one I heard then who actually had the cajones to come out and say it.

Keith Wright is actually ok (for a hibby).

The referee should be ashamed of himself for giving the pen there. Anyone know who it was ?

...a bit disco

Keith Wright is actually ok (for a hibby).

The referee should be ashamed of himself for giving the pen there. Anyone know who it was ?

Steve Conroy

...a bit disco

holy shit, Klinsmann's dive when he celerbrated his first Spurs goal looked more realistic

Check out O'Connors celebration after his earlier goal.

:lol:

tin hat on.... defender lifted his leg backwards as if to impede, O'Connor has just taken advantage of it, can only think of 1 team who would never have got a penalty in same circumstances.

gorgie rd eh11

That's the first time i've heard that, good on him for not jumping on the hysterical anti-Lithuanian bandwagon. If you had substituted the word irish for the word lithuanian in all that was said and written scottish football would have went into meltdown.

Last nights dive was blatant cheating, but i doubt we'll hear much about it. John Rankin tripped over an invisible leg in the Obua derby and that was brushed under the carpet with anticipating a challe...blah,blah,blah.

Gregory House M.D.

Wasn't it Conroy who gave a blatant dive as a penalty against us at the very same ground?

Fozzyonthefence

Mikos was a clear case of xenophobia. At that time there was a strong anti lithuanian feel to this country.

Miko's was a clear case of cheating and appropriate action was taken by UEFA. After which there was a strong anti Miko feel from opposition fans but I don't recall this being extended to our other Lithuanian players. If you're suggesting that was there before Miko's dive I think you're wrong.

O'Connor's looked like a dive there too but may have been contact (difficult to tell there)so he'll probably get away with it - Miko's on the oher hand was nowhere near contact.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Terrible. What a dive.

On another note, Sheridans goal is very good.

Abysmal decision from the ref, actual swan dive in the box with no contact!

Majority of people on here pre-season when we were linked with sheridan saying he was terrible, would gladly take him right now!

when i seen this thread i figured it was just another moan about hibs and that it prob wasnt that bad of a decision... then i went and watched the highlights! thats is one of the most blatent dives i have seen in a long time! cant believe nothing was said about it. the ref had a great view of it too. could you imagine if that was miko?!

Miko's was a clear case of cheating and appropriate action was taken by UEFA. After which there was a strong anti Miko feel from opposition fans but I don't recall this being extended to our other Lithuanian players. If you're suggesting that was there before Miko's dive I think you're wrong.

O'Connor's looked like a dive there too but may have been contact (difficult to tell there)so he'll probably get away with it - Miko's on the oher hand was nowhere near contact.

Let me get this right.

Two players, one Hearts one hibs, both dive to earn their team a penalty.

You instantly condem the Hearts player but give the hibs player the benefit of the doubt.

And I thought this was a HEARTS forum as well.

for the record

TV pictures show both were dives but at the time Miko's did look like a penalty given the position of the ref, the junkie's however was as clear a dive as you could get and the ref had a clear view of it.

Given that you think the "appropriate action" was taken against Miko I take it you will be calling for the same punishment for the oconner

Abysmal decision from the ref, actual swan dive in the box with no contact!

Majority of people on here pre-season when we were linked with sheridan saying he was terrible, would gladly take him right now!

I think we'd gladly take any striker that scores regularly. Which in itself asks the question - do we sign shite strikers or do we never play to suit them?

Anyway, back on topic. Would be nice if the fat, fraudulent junkie got collared for his cheating (maybe God was watching as the 4th official and can cite him!) just so he can be in trouble with another authority! Seriously pish dive. :down:

Only just saw it now...

...disgusting!

The thing that makes it worse is that the commentator said bugger all about it, but if it had been us then they would've complained about it.

Yes that was there before the scotland game, it was installed after miko 'pushed' the ref, after this he was booked for nothing tackles and was kicked off the ball without any foul being given.

If it wasnt for the andy davis incident, and the way Vlad handled the SFA then they would never of went after miko after the dive. the media/refs/sfa were out to get miko and that was the incident they choose to get him back

Fans were after him and booed etc from this point on. The media hated him and Vlad and other fans followed suit feeding the crap that was given to them by the weej media

bet brown had kept his mouth shut last night now as the apeal has no chance when your ass manager says he dived

Indeed. They don't really have a leg to stand on now. Presumably the referee will also be asked to account for his decision.

It's a crying shame that this incident brought to an end what was developing into a truly beautiful record.

Drylaw Hearts

Why are Hibs appealing ????

Billy Brown admitted it was a dive and IIRC he said O'Conner admitted he dived.

Also....

Well done the SFA.

Why are Hibs appealing ????

Billy Brown admitted it was a dive and IIRC he said O'Conner admitted he dived.

Also....

Well done the SFA.

But players dive all the time and don't get suspensions?

Drylaw Hearts

But players dive all the time and don't get suspensions?

It has something to do the fact he dived for a pen.

It has something to do the fact he dived for a pen.

So? Players dive for pens all the time! If an OF player did that do you think the same action would be taken?

So? Players dive for pens all the time! If an OF player did that do you think the same action would be taken?

Do these players have their assist manager admitting it was a dive and laughing about it on national tv?

Archived