?80

PTBCAL

Cost me nearly ?80 for Weds night and today - not just me but plenty others for a team with no fight or desire.

Getting beat does not bother me - but the manner in how we played in both games really has got to me. The fans showed more committment getting to the games than the players pulling on the jersey.

I want to give PS time but he has to ditch the midfield and front two to bring in desire and effort you will get from the likes of Eggert, Robinson, McGowan and Smith.

Private Hudson

I've spent thousands over the years following Hearts.

I've had very little joy from it.

Silly thread.

So, you spend thousands of pounds doing something you rarely enjoy and he's the one being silly? blink.gif

I've spent thousands over the years following Hearts.

I've had very little joy from it.

Silly thread.

Not silly to me mate.

I am a single father of 3 - and I find it increasingly hard to justify the time and money I spend on Hearts. Yes it's football and you have a choice not to go but with Hearts I find that an impossible choice.

Did you go on Weds night and today per chance?

Cost me nearly ?80 for Weds night and today - not just me but plenty others for a team with no fight or desire.

Getting beat does not bother me - but the manner in how we played in both games really has got to me. The fans showed more committment getting to the games than the players pulling on the jersey.

I want to give PS time but he has to ditch the midfield and front two to bring in desire and effort you will get from the likes of Eggert, Robinson, McGowan and Smith.

Don't want to sound like a drama queen but since we sacked JJ, i reckon i lost about 20% of passion for hearts! Just felt let down and these days seem to go thru the motions of going to games. Think i missed 2 away games last year, this year only being to one away games since JJ was sacked. the players do need fans like yourself and other to go and support them but they don't seem interested. Watched the game in the pub today and we never looked like scoring.

Fermit the Krog

So, you spend thousands of pounds doing something you rarely enjoy and he's the one being silly? blink.gif

No, he's the one creating the silly thread. :blink:

We're all Hearts fans, ergo - value for money we do not get.

Fermit the Krog

Not silly to me mate.

I am a single father of 3 - and I find it increasingly hard to justify the time and money I spend on Hearts. Yes it's football and you have a choice not to go but with Hearts I find that an impossible choice.

No I was working backshift on Wednesday and Early today.

But that has little relevance.

I've, and we all have spent money that could have been better spent elsewhere, on Hearts.

Can I ask you a question -

As a single father of 3, would it make the slightest bit of difference if we were playing well but it was still costing you the same money each week?

I'm struggling to grasp your point tbh.

I've, and we all have spent money that could have been better spent elsewhere, on Hearts.

As a single father of 3, would it make the slightest bit of difference if we were playing well but it was still costing you the same money each week?

I see his point perfectly

I think the OP's point is he can handle Hearts being beaten, he can handle Hearts not playing well but he will not put up with Hearts not playing with any fight. - a reasonable point.

**** knows how folk with bairns can afford to follow Hearts week in week out - football is pricey as these days.

Try attending the games and forking out a small fortune then you will quickly come round to my point.

I see his point perfectly

So do I - it's a perfectly valid and understandable point. Judging by the pathetic smattering of fans dotted around the away stand today, many hundreds of others feel they no longer have the inclination to travel to see a club that has no fight, no desire and no clue.

That following Hearts is a labour of love?

Okay.

In other news,

Man_Lands_on_Moon_Newspaper_by_Axel16.jpg

As a father of 4 who lives down south I'm seething I've paid ?160 for a flight up for the Celtic game when the team a playing this way!

Oh and I see the op's point and the only point I see you making is that you want to clearly have a pop at someone.

Not silly to me mate.

I know exactly how you feel. I have been going to every game, home/away/Europe for over 30 yrs now and it is becoming harder and harder to justify the expense.

It is expensive to get in, travel, food etc and with the prices of everything we buy going up I find I have less and less money every month. Football needs to do something soon or it might find more and more people stop going.

That's ?46 in admission for Ayr and Saints. Add in petrol, food etc etc and easily ?80 spent. That's a months full Sky TV subscription with ESPN, telephone and broadband. What's the better value for money?

I think the OP's point is he can handle Hearts being beaten, he can handle Hearts not playing well but he will not put up with Hearts not playing with any fight. - a reasonable point.

**** knows how folk with bairns can afford to follow Hearts week in week out - football is pricey as these days.

That's exactly it GA, I don't get to as many games as I would like because of work but at least he's not questioning why he supports Hearts like some of the other attention whoring that's been on here recently he's questioning why he should commit his time and money when it is so obvious that a lot of the players on the park are hardly even breaking sweat, in his situation I'd ask the same

Nobody is happy when we lose but if you see players on the park who have obviously given their all you can almost accept it, when is the last time we could say that?

Fermit the Krog

Try attending the games and forking out a small fortune then you will quickly come round to my point.

Okay.

As a single father of 3, you choose to follow Hearts which costs you money you can't really afford.

Your choice.

I can afford to because I work silly hours and go to as many games as I can make.

If you just wanted to tell us you're a great fan there are easier ways of doing so.

:thumbsup:

Fermit the Krog

As a father of 4 who lives down south I'm seething I've paid ?160 for a flight up for the Celtic game when the team a playing this way!

Oh and I see the op's point and the only point I see you making is that you want to clearly have a pop at someone.

Whatever.

Follow another team if Hearts make you seethe so much.

Whatever.

Follow another team if Hearts make you seethe so much.

That's the beauty of the game mate! If you fail to see that it does that to people then you are obviously immune.

Fermit the Krog

That's the beauty of the game mate! If you fail to see that it does that to people then you are obviously immune.

It used to.

Then I had kids and grew up. :thumbsup:

Roy Croppers Handbag

That following Hearts is a labour of love?

Okay.

In other news,

Man_Lands_on_Moon_Newspaper_by_Axel16.jpg

I love the way you have tried to crowbar something funny in and when you do it isn't even remotely funny.

Well done on posting a picture though, special boy.

Fermit the Krog

I love the way you have tried to crowbar something funny in and when you do it isn't even remotely funny.

Well done on posting a picture though, special boy.

:thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Why don't you stop going instead of advertising to the world that you spent ?80?

Were you expecting floods of respect for watching Hearts get beat?

I took my wee boy to a handful of games last season just to give him a taste of it fully expecting this year we'd perhaps make a few more and next season? Hopefully season tickets. Truth is I've been to every game on my own so far as he's young and I don't want to turn him off Hearts completely! We still have faith but I'm fairly sure he'd have been bored out his nut at most I've attended (a good laugh at the Spurs game perhaps)

I fully get the OP though, it isn't a cheap hobby especially when there are a few to get in, transport and feed. As long as Hearts put up a fight, win lose or draw I never mind the cost, when they lose that, I understand why people question its value.

There is no doubt the product is way over-priced and many of the players way over-paid for the quality of fare on offer ..... Jim Jefferies harped on about Stephen Elliott taking a big pay-cut to join Hearts .... not nearly big enough on the evidence of what he's produced thus far imo. It's actually galling to think what some of them earn per week in relation to some of the crap they regularly serve up.

Why don't you stop going instead of advertising to the world that you spent ?80?

FFS!

I would love to argue with you and say you are wrong but the fact is I can't. Today in that first half I was actually bored by what I watching. Today was also the first time I said to my other half why the hell do we bother when they can't even create one goal scoring opportunity in that first half.

Your post and point are spot on unfortunately.

I am normally quite upbeat and positive about Hearts in general but today there were actually zero positives (well that's not quite true as we did manage to get out of the car park quite quickly and before anyone says anything yes we did stay until the final whistle as painful as that was)

You are missing the point (again).

The OP is pissed off at forking out to watch the team play utter gash with no fight or desire to change things. He is pondering why should he continue to do such things.

Gregory House M.D.

You are missing the point (again).

The OP is pissed off at forking out to watch the team play utter gash with no fight or desire to change things. He is pondering why should he continue to do such things.

I got that the first time. Cheers.

I got that the first time. Cheers.

If you wanted to stop posters from advertising things then you'd be constantly having pops at people on here. Although I see where the op was coming from I thought ok do we need a thread on this. Despite this I thought your post re advertising was a bit out of order considering the amount of other op's on here who actually warrant a pop for attempting to be uber fans! Something which didn't actually come across from the op.

I was not at Ayr but was at today's game and every other away league game this season. I don't understand what it is about us away from home - we just seem to wait until we are a goal down before we show any sort of urgency.

Today was an embarrassing performance. Looking on the positive side, with the size of our squad the manager has the possibility of making wholesale changes to the starting line-up. Whether he will actually do so is another question. He does seem to be very keen on Mrowiec and Black as the midfield pairing despite the fact that they have not really impressed.

Whilst I agree that effort and desire is the minimum you should expect - the premise of your thread is akin to saying - I only want to go to games where we win.

Rough with the smooth.

Good with the bad.

Desire with the pathetic.

Its gonna happen. You cant ask for your money back and shouldn't be allowed to. Sounds a bit like sour grapes.

Here is an interesting one. I am a season ticket holder for many years and while I admit I am not a die hard who goes to every away game I consider myself a genuine hearts fan.

This morning I watched the Scotland rugby game. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up at the national anthem and I literally couldn't sit down in my own living room during the game due to the excitement and the passion.

Scotland lost, but I would have paid hundreds to have been at that match and witnessed the emotional roller coaster first hand.

After ten minutes of this afternoons hearts match I went next door and built a wardrobe.

Years ago I would never have done that.

Is it me that has changed? Is it hearts that have changed? Is it Scottish football that has changed?

I am not a huge rugby fan but I want to feel the way I did this morning when I am watching hearts. I used to.

Getting beat does not bother me

the premise of your thread is akin to saying - I only want to go to games where we win

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Doctor FinnBarr

Here is an interesting one. I am a season ticket holder for many years and while I admit I am not a die hard who goes to every away game I consider myself a genuine hearts fan.

This morning I watched the Scotland rugby game. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up at the national anthem and I literally couldn't sit down in my own living room during the game due to the excitement and the passion.

Scotland lost, but I would have paid hundreds to have been at that match and witnessed the emotional roller coaster first hand.

After ten minutes of this afternoons hearts match I went next door and built a wardrobe.

Is it me that has changed? Is it hearts that have changed? Is it Scottish football that has changed?

I am not a huge rugby fan but I want to feel the way I did this morning when I am watching hearts. I used to.

Did you pump the neighbour then?

:whistling:

Konrad von Carstein

Good post :thumbsup:

The club should of paid us to watch that today. Utter mince from start to finish. The basics of football seems to be missing from this lot.

In Germany you pay about 7 euros to watch good football while sipping beer in your seat - in Scotland you pay ?21 for a game at St Johnstone and the standard of football is not far off the Sunday league, in fact you get more commitment from a Sunday league team.

Don't want to sound like a drama queen but since we sacked JJ, i reckon i lost about 20% of passion for hearts! Just felt let down and these days seem to go thru the motions of going to games. Think i missed 2 away games last year, this year only being to one away games since JJ was sacked. the players do need fans like yourself and other to go and support them but they don't seem interested. Watched the game in the pub today and we never looked like scoring.

I have exactly the same feelings mate...

I hear you. Today when my alarm went off to watch the game on Hearts TV at 6am, I simply couldn't be arsed getting out of bed and barely raised an eyebrow when I saw the score when I did wake properly. I gave more of a shite watching my NFL team lose later in the day.

A few weeks back I spent a fair whack flying 5000 miles for the Spurs game (do I win???), but that was all about the Euro trip, no the game itself. Pretty disillusioned with it all at the minute, to be honest.

Sergio will be sacked within months and if we are lucky, we might scrape a European place again for next season's qualifying round. Meanwhile, leagues around Europe are dominated by those with the largest chequebook and average players are leaving the likes of Sunderland to go and earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a week playing in the middle of nowhere.

I find it pretty hard to get excited about anything in the footballing world at the minute.

I like reading your replies. I always think to myself they cannot get any worse as you talk some sh*te but invariably you manage to top your previous post.

I applaud you for your consistency.

Whilst I agree that effort and desire is the minimum you should expect - the premise of your thread is akin to saying - I only want to go to games where we win.

Rough with the smooth.

Good with the bad.

Desire with the pathetic.

Its gonna happen. You cant ask for your money back and shouldn't be allowed to. Sounds a bit like sour grapes.

Sorry Dr B - your are missing the whole point.

I don't mind us losing if we put a shift in, or even half a shift. Losing and Hearts go hand in hand. I think the majority of us have seen enough of Hearts to understand that.

But to witness a performance like that yesterday when clearly there is minimum effort or desire then I feel is it really worth it? Not sour grapes at all.

I agree with PTB, I don't mind hearts losing - well I do mind it but I can cope with it but it really grinds my gears when its clear that the players are not tryingy... Some of our players are a disgrace to the shirt

I hear you. Today when my alarm went off to watch the game on Hearts TV at 6am, I simply couldn't be arsed getting out of bed and barely raised an eyebrow when I saw the score when I did wake properly. I gave more of a shite watching my NFL team lose later in the day.

A few weeks back I spent a fair whack flying 5000 miles for the Spurs game (do I win???), but that was all about the Euro trip, no the game itself. Pretty disillusioned with it all at the minute, to be honest.

Sergio will be sacked within months and if we are lucky, we might scrape a European place again for next season's qualifying round. Meanwhile, leagues around Europe are dominated by those with the largest chequebook and average players are leaving the likes of Sunderland to go and earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a week playing in the middle of nowhere.

I find it pretty hard to get excited about anything in the footballing world at the minute.

You are spot on with this. I am really disallusioned with football just now. Other sports seem to realise the importence of competiveness, in football it is purely about money. The game is dying and the authorities will have to create a European League eventually to try and create any interest and more cash for themselves and the top teams. What about a wage cap and a maximum number of imported players or is that too much to ask. If you look at the top leagues in Europe how many teams outwith the top 2 or 3 will win the league in the next 20 years unless they are taken over by a rich tycoon. Where is the interest in that.

Archived