Match ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

MacDonald - 5 - MoM, only because he did nothing wrong. Needs to work on his kicking.

Hamill - 4 - In these extra training sessions, you think he could work on his crossing?

Grainger - 4 - See Hamill.

Mrowiec - 3 - Six touches to control a ball and standing off his man at the second goal

Zaliukas - 3 - At fault for both goals. Only positive was his willingness to try and do something different in an attacking sense.

No 6 - 4

Taouil - 3 - How did he last 90 minutes?

Black - 3 - A waste of a jersey

Stevenson - 3 - Anonymous

Elliott - 2 - Terrible

Obua - 4 - Best of an awful lot in midfield

Subs:

Templeton - 3 - Tried

Smith - 2 - Never got in to the game

Robinson - 1 - As Smith

MacDonald - 5 - MoM, only because he did nothing wrong. Needs to work on his kicking.

Hamill - 4 - In these extra training sessions, you think he could work on his crossing?

Mrowiec - 3 - Six touches to control a ball and standing off his man at the second goal

Zaliukas - 3 - At fault for both goals. Only positive was his willingness to try and do something different in an attacking sense.

No 6 - 4

Elliott - 2 - Terrible

Subs:

Templeton - 3 - Tried

Robinson - 1 - As Smith

Would agree with these. Thought Obua was our best outfield player, and even then, he wasn't great. Thought Mroweic and Black were appalling, Taouil equally honking. Would criticise PS as I don't think that starting XI was cofrrect, nor woud I agree with any of the subs he made (not a PS hater, just think he got it very wrong today)

No 6 - 4

Elliott - 2 - Terrible

Subs:

Templeton - 3 - Tried

Robinson - 1 - As Smith

The fullbacks both had bad days, but surely you would recognise that Grainger's crosses have been our biggest threat so far this season. I'm pretty sure Hamill has a few assists from them this season as well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The fullbacks both had bad days, but surely you would recognise that Grainger's crosses have been our biggest threat so far this season. I'm pretty sure Hamill has a few assists from them this season as well.

True but I was referring to the occasions where they actually had space and time to cross and wasted them. St Johnstone also knew to shut them down to win the game as they are our only attacking outlet.

True but I was referring to the occasions where they actually had space and time to cross and wasted them. St Johnstone also knew to shut them down to win the game as they are our only attacking outlet.

Having Stevo out wide seemed to contribute to both of these problems. There was no real target for crosses into the box and no one to take possession off the fullbacks when there was not a cross on. Stevenson wide and Mroweic and Black so deep meant we often only had two or three midfielders in involved in play.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Having Stevo out wide seemed to contribute to both of these problems. There was no real target for crosses into the box and no one to take possession off the fullbacks when there was not a cross on. Stevenson wide and Mroweic and Black so deep meant we often only had two or three midfielders in involved in play.

Fair comment. The formation in the forward area was shambolic.

Fair comment. The formation in the forward area was shambolic.

I thought we should either have had a real winger on and Stevo in the middle or Stevo and Elliott as a front two. I rate Elliott, but not as a lone striker. I think he is all about playing with a partner, preferably a target man. If that is not going to be our style of play then we should be using our other options.

Archived