U19s v St Johnstone

Footballfirst

Just watched a young Hearts side draw 1-1 with a St Johnstone side that included 3 or 4 overage players.

It was an entertaining game that Hearts should have won, but once again they were somewhat shot-shy. St Johnstone went ahead after 6 minutes from the spot after a foul by Brad McKay. Hearts equalised midway through the 2nd half with a goal from U17 winger Sam Nicholson who nipped in between the keeper and a defender to take the ball around the keeper and score. Hearts had a potential winner chalked off after Brad McKay was judged to have fouled a hesitant keeper, before hooking the loose ball into the net.

It was a good workout as the U19s don't have a game this weekend and Hearts were missing the 4 on duty with Scotland. The trialist from Liverpool looked a bit ponderous and was very left footed. I've seen Daniel O'Rouke play before and he is a decent player with a good work ethic. It was odd to see Brad McKay play up front but he did pretty well. Best for Hearts were Ryan Stewart, Callum Paterson and Jamie Walker before he limped off (not the leg he has had problems with)

Hearts started with:

Carswell

Stewart, Paterson McKay McHattie

Walker Tobin Kane Scott B.King

Carrick

Finishing team

Carswell

Stewart Paterson Trialist (Ben? from Liverpool) McHattie

Nicholson Trialist (Daniel O'Rouke- ex Hibs), A King, Thomson, B.King

McKay

Other gossip picked up today.

Colin Hamilton is going on loan to Stenhousemuir

Calum Elliot is back running

Kevin Kyle is being treated by his former physio at Kilmarnock

Dave Sykes, the conditioning coach, works full time with the U19s

Rob Ogleby has still got a smile on his face from Tuesday night.

Denis P passed his driving test this morning.

Why is kyle being treated at killie?

I don't know, but I'd guess that the Killie physio is familiar with his condition and there is a measure of trust involved. I don't see a problem with it.

FF How did Daniel O'Rourke play. Did he get the second half.

He only came on in place of Jamie Walker for the last 15 minutes. He did ok, and seems to fit in well with Darren Murray's style of play with high tempo passing and movement.

CornhillHearts

He only came on in place of Jamie Walker for the last 15 minutes. He did ok, and seems to fit in well with Darren Murray's style of play with high tempo passing and movement.

Thanks.

Can you use overage players? Or am I missing a joke?

It was a bounce game. St Johnstone asked to play some older guys, like Stevie May, and Darren Murray was agreeable.

Did the overage players pay the whole game ? By all accounts ST J are badly hit by injuries for Sunday - perhaps they were getting these guys ready ?

Did the overage players pay the whole game ? By all accounts ST J are badly hit by injuries for Sunday - perhaps they were getting these guys ready ?

As far as I was aware they all did, certainly May played the 90mins as did two older black guys playing up front who I don't know, although I was told one of them was 27.

Alex Cleland was having a go at their "experienced" guys as half time, saying that he would bring on the youngsters if they didn't up their game.

Thanks.

i really hope he gets a chance seen him play for seton boys club and really stoodout just needs someone to take a chance on him.

I wish the lad all the best.

Scotty.

Other gossip picked up today.

Colin Hamilton is going on loan to Stenhousemuir

Calum Elliot is back running

Kevin Kyle is being treated by his former physio at Kilmarnock

Dave Sykes, the conditioning coach, works full time with the U19s

Rob Ogleby has still got a smile on his face from Tuesday night.

Denis P passed his driving test this morning.

I was told in the summer by a member of the coaching staff that it was the physio at Killie who'd eventually diagnosed the problem with KK as his hip rather than the groin injury that the Hearts physio (Australian guy called Rob someone) was trying to treat. KK apparently lost faith in the Hearts physio as a result.

I was told in the summer by a member of the coaching staff that it was the physio at Killie who'd eventually diagnosed the problem with KK as his hip rather than the groin injury that the Hearts physio (Australian guy called Rob someone) was trying to treat. KK apparently lost faith in the Hearts physio as a result.

KK doesnt trust Hearts physio and I think questions in general need asked when you look at our injury/recovery record. Interestingf stuff from Alex Ferg attributing a big part of man u success to medical staff and that, while never really occuring to me before, makes great sense

jamboinglasgow

Won again 4-2 away to Killie

Not sure on scorers

Brad McKay

David Smith

Callum Tapping

Jamie Walker

According to Jason Holts twitter.

Was at the Killie game today pretty wet as you could imagine,does anyone know the other scores from the spl 19s

Celtic won 3-1 v St Johnstone

Big game next week 8/10/11 v Hibs at Riccarton -- 11am I think.

Footballfirst

Was at the Killie game today pretty wet as you could imagine,does anyone know the other scores from the spl 19s

Celtic beating St Johnstone 3-1 is the only other one one I know at the moment.

ive met that Daniel O'Rouke before, hibs let him go because he was getting into a bit of trouble, he's not one to back away from a fight thats for sure...

Footballfirst

Missing scores from today's games

Hibs 2-2 Aberdeen

Motherwell 1-1 Rangers

A report on today's U19 game against Kilmarnock is available on the HYDC website

Coburg Hearts

ive met that Daniel O'Rouke before, hibs let him go because he was getting into a bit of trouble, he's not one to back away from a fight thats for sure...

When did hibs ever get rid of anyone for being in trouble?

jamboinglasgow

I am pretty sure Hibs released Leigh Griffths originally because they thought he was a trouble maker.

Is that not a prerequisite for getting a contract down there??

Coburg Hearts

I am pretty sure Hibs released Leigh Griffths originally because they thought he was a trouble maker.

Spoilsport. cool.gif

ps They showed their class by taking him back.

Coburg Hearts

Is that not a prerequisite for getting a contract down there??

I think it's how they get so many bargain buys, eg Stokes, Miller, & O'Connor etc., players that other teams won't touch with a barge pole until they "prove" themselves.

I think it's how they get so many bargain buys, eg Stokes, Miller, & O'Connor etc., players that other teams won't touch with a barge pole until they "prove" themselves.

Is it true that they have a guy that hangs about down at Tony Adams sporting chance clinic with contracts that players with "issues" are then coerced into signing??

:whistling:

Coburg Hearts

Is it true that they have a guy that hangs about down at Tony Adams sporting chance clinic with contracts that players with "issues" are then coerced into signing??

:whistling:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Last I heard they had a scout on permanent duty at the Priory Clinic. geek.gif

Archived