The McCrae's Battalion Trust - how you are helping

Ulysses

In the last couple of days, Jambos Kickback made another contribution to the McCrae's Battalion Trust, bring the total contributed so far this year to ?350.

This contribution has been made possible by your membership and participation.

Thank you for that, and don't forget that you can also make your own contribution to the valuable work of the Trust. To read more, please see the link below. There's a button on the page that lets you make a payment directly to the Trust.

http://www.heartsgreatwarmemorial.org.uk/appeal.html

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Nice one.

Glad to see our cash is going to a good cause.

I read somewhere that someone had worked out that proportionately 26% of Scots were killed in the Great War, and 11% of English troops.

That tells you something about the way they were used. The 16th suffered badly and I am often surprised by how many survived the war of attrition.

(I will find that link one day, but PC troubles robbed me of it a while back.)

Jack Alexander
In the last couple of days, Jambos Kickback made another contribution to the McCrae's Battalion Trust, bring the total contributed so far this year to ?350.

This contribution has been made possible by your membership and participation.

Thank you for that, and don't forget that you can also make your own contribution to the valuable work of the Trust. To read more, please see the link below. There's a button on the page that lets you make a payment directly to the Trust.

http://www.heartsgreatwarmemorial.org.uk/appeal.html

On behalf of the McCrae's Battalion Trust, I'd like to thank Kickback and all its members for their kindness.

The Contalmaison project is now a permanent commitment. You can't just build a memorial and leave it to look after itself. The fabric of the cairn and its surroundings will always need to be monitored. The annual 'pilgrimage' will (I hope) always need to be organised. And (as we move inexorably towards the centenary of 1916) there will be an ever-increasing number of (sometimes complex) enquiries to be fielded - from people who wish to travel independently on some personal quest, or from schoolkids all over the world who have stumbled across the story through the internet.

The continuing support of Kickback represents an important contribution to an exceptionally worthy cause.

We are extremely grateful.

Archived