Fans or Foes?

Troon Jambo

After a result like tonights, as a true Hearts FAN, I am simply disappointed. Never do I want to see a Hearts team lose, regardless of the competition, League, European, Cup, U19 or Friendly. Watching Hearts score and even better win a game, whoever the opposition is why I follow my team. The negativity of the Hearts support and Scottish fans in general is appalling. Who needs enemies when you have fans like these? After defeat is the time to stand up and be counted and back the team, not pile on the misery and make winning the next game even more difficult. Personally, I am delighted with Paulo Sergio and think he will take us to a new level of professionalism and produce a brand of football that will bring us closer to the Old Firm. I believe he needs time, not to to produce a whole new brand of football, but to gain some momentum and get the support of the fans and a feel good factor. A wee bit of belief?

I have been a Hearts fan since the age of 5 (26 years) and ever an optimist, I think we have the strongest squad I have seen and maybe some of the more exciting prospects of my time.

I read some threads tonight about the manager, tactics, players, etc all taking blame for a defeat. With the comments on here and the attitude it appears of the many, what chance do they have? We are the constant, not the Manager, his tactics, the players or the owners. Maybe we need to change the way we do things?

Get behind your team, get behind your manager and players. It is not always rosy but what alternatives are available? Are you simply going to stop supporting your team? Why does a bad result even bother you then?

A bit more help from the fans is what our team needs and I for 1 will be watching (online form overseas) on Sunday and look forward to a resounding victory!

Disappointmnet tonight and I am sure again, but a Hearts SUPPORTER till the end.....

Agreed mate. Some of the fans I heard after the game were wanting virtually every player binned - the same players that got us into Europe last year, and are sitting 4th in the league this year. It was a hugely disappointing result - god knows we need a good cup run, and perhaps we went too far with the changes. However, we had a goal chalked off (that was given originally) and what looked like a stone wall penalty claim when McGowan was blocked in the box. On top of that the wind was blowing a gale, and the rain was like a monsoon at times. Hardly the easiest conditions to play football in, and helped make the game more of a lottery.

I do think our squad is top heavy on average players. We could lose another 4 or 5, and bring in 2 quality players, and be a better squad for it. The problem is nobody wants to take these 4 or 5 on, as the wages we are paying won't be matched elsewhere.

Disagree. I'd like to see MORE fans getting hot and bothered about it.

We should NOT be consistently dropping out of cups to teams we shouldnt just be beating, but should actually be tearing to shreds.

The apathy towards cup exits by some infuriates me.

After a result like tonights, as a true Hearts FAN, I am simply disappointed. Never do I want to see a Hearts team lose, regardless of the competition, League, European, Cup, U19 or Friendly. Watching Hearts score and even better win a game, whoever the opposition is why I follow my team. The negativity of the Hearts support and Scottish fans in general is appalling. Who needs enemies when you have fans like these? After defeat is the time to stand up and be counted and back the team, not pile on the misery and make winning the next game even more difficult. Personally, I am delighted with Paulo Sergio and think he will take us to a new level of professionalism and produce a brand of football that will bring us closer to the Old Firm. I believe he needs time, not to to produce a whole new brand of football, but to gain some momentum and get the support of the fans and a feel good factor. A wee bit of belief?

I have been a Hearts fan since the age of 5 (26 years) and ever an optimist, I think we have the strongest squad I have seen and maybe some of the more exciting prospects of my time.

I read some threads tonight about the manager, tactics, players, etc all taking blame for a defeat. With the comments on here and the attitude it appears of the many, what chance do they have? We are the constant, not the Manager, his tactics, the players or the owners. Maybe we need to change the way we do things?

Get behind your team, get behind your manager and players. It is not always rosy but what alternatives are available? Are you simply going to stop supporting your team? Why does a bad result even bother you then?

A bit more help from the fans is what our team needs and I for 1 will be watching (online form overseas) on Sunday and look forward to a resounding victory!

Disappointmnet tonight and I am sure again, but a Hearts SUPPORTER till the end.....

Very good post but what do you say to me that's 49 year In a row I've seen Hearts tumble out the League Cup and in all that time the only good performance was the 3-4 final defeat to Rangers.

Why is it every season for years Gary Locke says we've a good chance in the cups this year! I thought the Motherwell semi a few years ago was a shoot in the foot but last night was the worst.

How can a big club like Hearts not win the League Cup? Don't say finishing third is better you are a loser as well. And what does third get you a horsing in Europe.

How can a big club like Hearts not win the League Cup?

Its not even the "not winning" that botheres me. If we were making it to finals / semi finals regularly or even being unlucky against SPL teams of a similar level or whatever - I could handle that.

But the consistent early exit to teams we should walloping, thats what angers me.

Its not even the "not winning" that botheres me. If we were making it to finals / semi finals regularly or even being unlucky against SPL teams of a similar level or whatever - I could handle that.

But the consistent early exit to teams we should walloping, thats what angers me.

Very much this.

A defeat away to Ayr in the diddy cup is totally unacceptable and I would be dissapointed if the fans didn't get angry. I would expect that from supporters all over the world. Nothing to do with Scotland.

I have been a Hearts fan since the age of 5 (26 years) and ever an optimist, I think we have the strongest squad I have seen and maybe some of the more exciting prospects of my time.I read some threads tonight about the manager, tactics, players, etc all taking blame for a defeat. With the comments on here and the attitude it appears of the many, what chance do they have? We are the constant, not the Manager, his tactics, the players or the owners. Maybe we need to change the way we do things?

Please tell me that was a heat of the moment typo. The strongest squad you have seen??? No excuse for that, I can let you off with missing the 85/86 squad, 87/88 squad or even the 89/90 squad but you were 18 in 1998 and 25 in 2005!!!

I admire but don't particularly share (yet) your optimism that a Portuguese journeyman is going to lead us to new horizons but last night/today was always going to provoke knee jerk reactions and I don't blame any fan that's pissed off big style. It's always been my belief that it's the responsibility of the player to rouse the fan, not the other way round. There will always be a degree of optimism and a buzz on the terraces/in the stands prematch and the team never get booed ON to the park do they?

Point is we should not be losing to inferior teams, again this has happened, and every fan is allowed his opinion.

Whats the weather got to do with it, were Ayr not playing in the same conditions, point is we failed again in the wee cup and to be honest our record in the last few seasons in this cup is a joke.

If no team should lose to an "inferior" team, we could sort out leagues and cups before a ball was kicked. All that would be required would be a suitable formula for determining the relative superiority and we could all stay at home and watch paint dry.

Foes!!

Tynecastle has become more intimidating for Hearts than away teams.The seeth that flows from the stand after a misplaced pass or if were not two up after ten minutes is embarrasing.

Very good post but what do you say to me that's 49 year In a row I've seen Hearts tumble out the League Cup and in all that time the only good performance was the 3-4 final defeat to Rangers.

Why is it every season for years Gary Locke says we've a good chance in the cups this year! I thought the Motherwell semi a few years ago was a shoot in the foot but last night was the worst.

How can a big club like Hearts not win the League Cup? Don't say finishing third is better you are a loser as well. And what does third get you a horsing in Europe.

Ooft. That's a toughie, but I'd probably say WAHHHHHH, WAHHHHHH, "what about me".

I'd probably finish off with another WAHHHHHH, tbh.

If no team should lose to an "inferior" team, we could sort out leagues and cups before a ball was kicked. All that would be required would be a suitable formula for determining the relative superiority and we could all stay at home and watch paint dry.

or place a bet :teehee:

Best

TW

Been a Hearts fan for exactly the same time as you. But I believe supporting the team does not mean you allow players/staff to produce second rate performances. I am sorry but supporting the team means you want the best for it and nothing else will do.

Your version of support is like a parent who is happy to allow their kids to waste their life never fulfilling their potential, because they want to "support" them. Not good enough for me thanks!

Been a Hearts fan for exactly the same time as you. But I believe supporting the team does not mean you allow players/staff to produce second rate performances. I am sorry but supporting the team means you want the best for it and nothing else will do.

Your version of support is like a parent who is happy to allow their kids to waste their life never fulfilling their potential, because they want to "support" them. Not good enough for me thanks!

I'm glad you're not my Dad

portobellojambo1

What I cannot understand is people who get upset when fans, i.e. those that turned up at Somerset Park last night expecting us to turn over a team struggling in their own division (which is why they are propping it up), express disappointment in a display and style that was about as amateur as you will ever see. Whoever we selected last night should have been good enough to murder the team we were playing.

Fans getting disappointed and expressing their concerns, nothing wrong with that. Fans accepting that this is it the way it will be, this is what the present manager wants and we have to accept it, those are the ones that have to question themselves. I'm glad our forefathers didn't sit back and accept that the ways of the Nazis were correct, and we should just sit back and accept it, otherwise we would all be speaking feckin German today.

As for the present team being the best that has been on show over the last however many years, light years from the truth. And as for blaming it on the weather, I am 55 years old, as far back as I can remember the weather has always been like this in Scotland, if players cannot adapt to wind and rain how the feck are the going to adapt to a total change in playing style. Blaming the weather for last night's result is looking for excuses.

We were feckin pish last night, that is why we will not be in the draw for the next round, no third party or any other element to blame, the blame lies at our own door. And if people were upset after last night that shows they actually care.

What I cannot understand is people who get upset when fans, i.e. those that turned up at Somerset Park last night expecting us to turn over a team struggling in their own division (which is why they are propping it up), express disappointment in a display and style that was about as amateur as you will ever see. Whoever we selected last night should have been good enough to murder the team we were playing.

Fans getting disappointed and expressing their concerns, nothing wrong with that. Fans accepting that this is it the way it will be, this is what the present manager wants and we have to accept it, those are the ones that have to question themselves. I'm glad our forefathers didn't sit back and accept that the ways of the Nazis were correct, and we should just sit back and accept it, otherwise we would all be speaking feckin German today.

As for the present team being the best that has been on show over the last however many years, light years from the truth. And as for blaming it on the weather, I am 55 years old, as far back as I can remember the weather has always been like this in Scotland, if players cannot adapt to wind and rain how the feck are the going to adapt to a total change in playing style. Blaming the weather for last night's result is looking for excuses.

We were feckin pish last night, that is why we will not be in the draw for the next round, no third party or any other element to blame, the blame lies at our own door. And if people were upset after last night that shows they actually care.

Spot on!

Ayr Utd, St Johnstone, Falkirk, St Mirren, Falkirk again, Airdrie etc.. these are who knocked us out in the last few competitions, sorry, not good enough. I dread the wee team we get in the Scottish Cup draw come January!

Foes!!

Tynecastle has become more intimidating for Hearts than away teams.The seeth that flows from the stand after a misplaced pass or if were not two up after ten minutes is embarrasing.

Aye, but you are talking nonsense.

true....some people hate hearing people bang on about yesteryear but the Robbo`s and JC`s used to get on with the job wind, rain or shine.......But the conditions on Wed night didn`t suit our new "modern" outlook did it? :rolleyes:

Some of our players just don`t have the constitution to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and get the feckin job done...too busy looking at the sidelines for recognition when they do a pass or shot which was unlucky instead of being feckin men and taking upon themselves to inspire their team mates and ....wait for it.....this won`t go down well......

Get wired in! Get the juices flowing and play the game with a bit enthusiasm and drive ffs no matter who you face.....

Archived