some hearts fans deluded towards sergio

williamgerrard

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

He's been in the job 7 weeks. This isn't his squad.

The Rt Hon Francis Begbie mentioned this in the previous page, and it's really the key point. It's been seven weeks. Seven.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah dinnae hink that PS hus a cloo likes he just puts oot any teem he likes and expects us tae swallow his guff aboot passing the ball and that if ah hud ma way ad huv 11 kevin kyles on the pitch and just play the ball at heid height likes ah hink that scottish teams cannae pass a baw evun tho there pros FFS

:indeed:

Right guys ive been saying for a few weeks now and regularly getting shot down but i personally dont think sergio is a good manager and will just make us worse .Facts his team selections is rank rotten as for his tactics yes i can understand what hes trying to do but its simply not going to work in scotland.People on here keep defending him by look at our results undeafted after the spurs game but the teams we have beat are really poor.On Paper we should be walking 3rd place this season but i fear we are going to struggle to finnish 3rd this season unless sergio starts picking full strengh teams week in week out

Games aint played on paper.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Like all managers, Sergio is judged on results. They've been reasonably good so far.

Precisely. And chances are, they're going to improve as the players further take to his tactics.

Some people on here are unbelievable in trying to write Paulo off. facepalm.png

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Should be, less players falling over and gifting goals. More paper cuts though

But just imagine how much of a failure Goncalves and Bednar would be if it was ... Two players for whom it is widely accepted, that you 'could not fit a sheet of paper under when they jump'. :blink:

Right guys ive been saying for a few weeks now and regularly getting shot down but i personally dont think sergio is a good manager and will just make us worse .Facts his team selections is rank rotten as for his tactics yes i can understand what hes trying to do but its simply not going to work in scotland.People on here keep defending him by look at our results undeafted after the spurs game but the teams we have beat are really poor.On paper we should be walking 3rd place this season but i fear we are going to struggle to finnish 3rd this season unless sergio starts picking full strengh teams week in week out

So what team would you actually play? We played 19 different players in the last 2 games so are you saying that we needed a combination of the two? That team last night was more than capable of winning last night but think the conditions were a great leveller with the strong wind in rain. In the 2nd half when we were expected to show our fitness, we were playing into a gale and it was just one of those things.

I agree a good chance to win a cup has gone but we just have to make sure that Sergio has learned a bit more about his players at his disposal.

Ah dinnae hink that PS hus a cloo likes he just puts oot any teem he likes and expects us tae swallow his guff aboot passing the ball and that if ah hud ma way ad huv 11 kevin kyles on the pitch and just play the ball at heid height likes ah hink that scottish teams cannae pass a baw evun tho there pros FFS

:indeed:

:lol:

i see you point but weve no really played anyone as the teams weve played were poor well see what happens when we play celtic at home i fear a hammering from them but hopefully not just hopingwe beat the tims but not got faith in the manager ie team selection

We got hammered 4-0 and 3-0 last couple of times we played them under Jefferies. Did you have faith in him?

J Cheever Loophole

He's been in the job 7 weeks. This isn't his squad.

The Rt Hon Francis Begbie mentioned this in the previous page, and it's really the key point. It's been seven weeks. Seven.

This and I do think he's da man.

Right guys ive been saying for a few weeks now and regularly getting shot down but i personally dont think sergio is a good manager and will just make us worse .Facts his team selections is rank rotten as for his tactics yes i can understand what hes trying to do but its simply not going to work in scotland.People on here keep defending him by look at our results undeafted after the spurs game but the teams we have beat are really poor.On paper we should be walking 3rd place this season but i fear we are going to struggle to finnish 3rd this season unless sergio starts picking full strengh teams week in week out

Ok we get it, you don't like him. To suggest he is either pish or the muts nuts at this time is silly. Been here only a few weeks and trying to implement his own style and methods. Team selection is not that far away from jj's selections only now we are picking up a few wins. The only goals conceded since motherwell have been cos a player slipped nothing else. As for the actual standard of play, first half on sat was fairly dire yes, however second half was better and prob should have had couple more. There is no way just now to tell if he will be any good but aye for one will certainly give him my backing while he is our manager.

You are that special case that started the thread recently saying you were sick of Hearts, aren't you?

I'll ignore your worthless opinion then, thanks.

mahgrassyshoes

I don't think any Hearts fan are deluded towards Sergio. I think many have taken to him because they like his ideas for the club and think he comes across well (read suave as ****). No-one claiming he is the messiah, just people wanting to give him a fair crack of the whip because they like his vision.

What would be ridiculous is complaining that it was ridiculous to sack JJ 2 games into the season but wanting to sack a manager 10 games into his reign when he's been mediocre-good, even though you can see his point starting to transfer to the players.

Sergio is a new manager, he has already come tops in representing hearts with usual dig at hearts comments by journalists.

Every one should be behind a new manager, if he fails he fails, but it wont be from lack of support by Fans i hope.

the sooner we get started with booting the ball aimlessly up the park and everyone chasing after it till someone from the opposing team lumps it the other way the better.

lets not try and change anything ever in case it doesn`t work instantly. lets just play the same pish forever.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I said in a previous thread on the same subject that we are never going to match the OF by outbuying them or by bringing through better youngsters than they do. The 'traditional' style has been tried since football began, and we've only once come close, in '86, to winning the league in over 45 years. The only chance we have of matching them is to radically change our style, catching them on the hop. Celtic have got themselves entrenched with Lennon, hardly the most imaginitive coach, and Rangers are stuck with Super Ally, so the opportunity is there for a coach brought up in another culture to get something new out of existing players, to draft in some gifted new guys (maybe past it for better leagues) and, in time, outplay everyone else including the OF. We've had the motivators who did manage to create a team spirit that led to success, or near success, Alex McDonald, Jim Jeffries but now we need to have something new and different from everyone else. Whether it's possible to transform the team, and whether Sergio is the man to do it, only time will tell, and it definitely will take time. I'm amazed (but there again, maybe not) that some people seem prepared to write him off after only 7 weeks. Do they think Pep Guariola, Mourinho, or any other top coach could come in and change us round in that time?

You can take a horse to water.... and only time will tell if the players are able to adjust to the new style. The test of Sergio will be, if they don't, will he be able to find the players who can play it, and will Vlad finance it.

I agree but the studenty gang will attempt to turn you round, as they are always right :whistling:

I agree but the studenty gang will attempt to turn you round, as they are always right :whistling:

I'm sure Vlad will read this and act accordingly :thumbsup:

Have to give him a chance to fail before you crucify, considering he has bought no players its going to be difficult.

But at the end of the day everyones opinion has to be respected even if different and the decisions on who manages Hearts is not at the mercy of a JKB poll...thank feck

The things i like about Sergio are that he seems to by trying to play a more attractive brand of football while still making sure the win is the most important thing..

He has brought in a dedicated fitness coach with individual fitness plans for each player which is something i think we should have brought in years ago..

He seems to have the same ideas/philosophy as our youth coach which should mean a greater amount of youths coming through to the first team.. or at least not such a big gap..

Lets see how we manage once he has managed to bring a few of his own players to the club.. I dont think some of our current squad are able to play the style of football he is wanting however i hear that some of our youngsters will be more able to adapt..

I think the future is positive with him.. (disclaimer - based on absolutely nothing)

Im afraid I dont see this all new brand of football hes supposedly trying to implement, saying that the 'meh' gang have :thumbsup: .

And I still maintain his team selections are rotten and inexplicable.

I think your right but some will never agree, which is life and if it wasn't life would be boring.

For the money Hearts have spent on wages in the last few years there can be no doubt we have underperformed and continue to do so.

Begs the question, why bother and just cut our wage bill to the level of Utd's for example.

J.T.F.Robertson

Start from scratch and start by getting rid of this imposter Sergio :thumbsup:

We've started from scratch umpteen times over the past 5 years.

"Imposter", ffs!

We've started from scratch umpteen times over the past 5 years.

"Imposter", ffs!

Nonsense. Seven weeks is more than enough time for a new manager to introduce a completely different style of play and win over the players, the fans and the media.

We were winning all our games with ease before paolo came and were a joy to watch. Not once last season did I go home from a match bitterly disappointed, especially not after getting put out the league cup by a first division side.

LarrysRightFoot

The things i like about Sergio are that he seems to by trying to play a more attractive brand of football while still making sure the win is the most important thing..

He has brought in a dedicated fitness coach with individual fitness plans for each player which is something i think we should have brought in years ago..

He seems to have the same ideas/philosophy as our youth coach which should mean a greater amount of youths coming through to the first team.. or at least not such a big gap..

Lets see how we manage once he has managed to bring a few of his own players to the club.. I dont think some of our current squad are able to play the style of football he is wanting however i hear that some of our youngsters will be more able to adapt..

I think the future is positive with him.. (disclaimer - based on absolutely nothing)

I agree 100%.

Cannot believe there are people that cannot see what Paulo is trying to do - I just really hope he gets time to do it. And by time I mean a few seasons - he is really trying to completely change the way play all together this takes time.

He is building from the back - is that not a good place to start? - the last 2 goals we have conceded have been because our players have slipped!!!

Granted it has not came together in the final third yet but give it time! Hopefully Elliott and Sutton are up to the task and thier game improves under Paulo but if it doesnt Im sure Gordon Smith and David Smith and our other youngsters will do all thye can to take their place.

Also off topic Scott Robinson looks to have a very bright future with us.

J.T.F.Robertson

Nonsense. Seven weeks is more than enough time for a new manager to introduce a completely different style of play and win over the players, the fans and the media.

We were winning all our games with ease before paolo came and were a joy to watch. Not once last season did I go home from a match bitterly disappointed, especially not after getting put out the league cup by a first division side.

From the penthouse to the outhouse. :(

From the penthouse to the outhouse. :(

:lol: it's true what they say about folk never being happy. Towards the end of last season everyone was grumbling about lumping the ball up the park, no plan b etc etc.

Now we have someone in place who wants to completely change the way we play and folk are pissed of that it hasn't worked the second paolo walked in the door.

At the st mirren game all I heard around me was "git the fackin baw up the fackin park" and "the other WAY, naw, NAW, kick the baw the ither way"

Incredible.

Start from scratch and start by getting rid of this imposter Sergio :thumbsup:

And you and Scottish football fans like you are why we are 20yrs behind in footballing terms.

Lets just lump it long and forget everything else and go back to the same old crap.

HE HAS HAD 7 WEEKS FFS !!!!

And you and Scottish football fans like you are why we are 20yrs behind in footballing terms.

Lets just lump it long and forget everything else and go back to the same old crap.

According to some people that is more than enough time to establish that he's not up to the job. Incredible really.

Whatever your opinions on Sergio, please give the guy a chance and at the very least wait until the end of the season before passing judgment.

Would I come across as cool if I said we are crap and went threw the hole team one by one and said GTF, or would I come across as a hibby?

I was rolling in the isles when we were 3 up against Motherwell, and ended up hanging on for a draw like a drunk on the ropes.

No excuses now though, Paulo should have had us playing like Brazil 10 weeks ago, if not sooner.

So you and the other Sergio lovers have noticed that were playing a far better flowing style of football...NO. me neither :thumbsup:

So you and the other Sergio lovers have noticed that were playing a far better flowing style of football...NO. me neither :thumbsup:

brokenrecord.jpg

Eggo, what do you expect after 7 weeks bearing in mind for the first 3 or 4 we were playing 2 games a week? First of all we're harder to beat (don't mention the Ayr game because we lost that due to individual errors not the team selection/system) and getting results, after a time then the football should improve

What is so wrong with backing a manager and wanting him to do well with implementing his own style, you're just coming across as an immature attention whore not prepared to debate your points, all you are effectively saying is "Sergio is shit, get rid" who do you propose we bring in to replace him, how can they guarantee they will get the Eggo seal of approval?

brokenrecord.jpg

Eggo, what do you expect after 7 weeks bearing in mind for the first 3 or 4 we were playing 2 games a week? First of all we're harder to beat (don't mention the Ayr game because we lost that due to individual errors not the team selection/system) and getting results, after a time then the football should improve

What is so wrong with backing a manager and wanting him to do well with implementing his own style, you're just coming across as an immature attention whore not prepared to debate your points, all you are effectively saying is "Sergio is shit, get rid" who do you propose we bring in to replace him, how can they guarantee they will get the Eggo seal of approval?

Why SHOULD it improve Malky? Of course I want him to do well but up till now its all to static stuff for me.If stating your views is attention seeking then I along with everyone am guilty, because thats all im doing.

Why SHOULD it improve Malky? Of course I want him to do well but up till now its all to static stuff for me.If stating your views is attention seeking then I along with everyone am guilty, because thats all im doing.

Eggo, I've no problem with people having views my issue with it (and it boils down to a lot of the Zal threads) where people say their opinions but don't really debate it or back it up (i.e. Zal is shite and costs us a goal every game fact!!!!)

If you don't like Paulo's style of play that's cool but I think the issue lies with the players not the manager, he isn't asking them to do anything too complicated but I think they are either too stupid or too lazy to implement it properly

Once he has had more time with them I'm sure it'll improve but I'm a born optimist so I'm hardly going to think differently

:thumbsup:

Eggo, I've no problem with people having views my issue with it (and it boils down to a lot of the Zal threads) where people say their opinions but don't really debate it or back it up (i.e. Zal is shite and costs us a goal every game fact!!!!)

If you don't like Paulo's style of play that's cool but I think the issue lies with the players not the manager, he isn't asking them to do anything too complicated but I think they are either too stupid or too lazy to implement it properly

Once he has had more time with them I'm sure it'll improve but I'm a born optimist so I'm hardly going to think differently

:thumbsup:

Your opinion is all yours,and I respect it.

Eggo your not even trying to enter into any debate here.

You are actually the worst kind of WUM because you either don't even realise you are one or your just so bad at it it's painful to watch.

I would say we are playing better football on the deck. Saw little glimers of things they have been working on against St Midden. Apart from that free kick :rolleyes: . It will come good in the end. Some people really don't have a clue about football here and just slaver on for the sake of it! :thumbsup:

Eggo your not even trying to enter into any debate here.

You are actually the worst kind of WUM because you either don't even realise you are one or your just so bad at it it's painful to watch.

No debate, opinions..saying of which only yours seem to count. I am good at several things and know it, maybe your just upset because im not rising to your hobbledehoy insolence :)

I would say we are playing better football on the deck. Saw little glimers of things they have been working on against St Midden. Apart from that free kick :rolleyes: . It will come good in the end. Some people really don't have a clue about football here and just slaver on for the sake of it! :thumbsup:

Everyone has there own perception of the glorious game, its not being an expert or clueless. How often have you heard someone say 'that was a good game or so and so had a great game' and you thought that they watched a different game...quite a few times id say. :thumbsup:

I said it on the other thread and will say it on this one.

PS = Csaba Laslo

Is that because you find them both boring so they must be the same?

Is that because you find them both boring so they must be the same?

No it's because he couldn't think of something to say so came out with some tired shit he read on here

Might have been said before, couldnt be bothered reading pages, but did Burley not lose to Livingston, played really badly, and had much better players? Not much to do with the managers its just that we can sometimes be really crap. That's football.

And PS is the same as Csaba and Craig Levein. No nice on the eye, but effective. Maybe a bit more tippy tappy though.

No it's because he couldn't think of something to say so came out with some tired shit he read on here

The guy gave an opinion..respect it. Your tedious self policing of these threads lead me to think your just a wee boy seeking pats on the back from your wee chums :thumbsup:

Archived