Hearts Players Contracts - Definitive List

tazhearts

Can we collectively list every player in the first team squad together with details of when their contract expires? Then we can make informed decisions as to who should be punted / who, it is likely we will be able to punt (Belsija for example - we couldn't give him away) in the close season.

We need to trim the size of the squad, especially if we are going to try and bring through youngsters. This is the only way for us to proceed and attempt to break even / reduce our debt.

No more big earners to be signed please, lets get back to the days when we only look to sign young up and coming British based players such as Neil McCann (when we first signed him), Colin Cameron, Jim Hamilton, Paul Hartley, Andy Webster etc. etc. We need to get back to that sort of signing policy.

Anyway I will start:-

Ibrahim Tall - Contract Expires in summer, on anything between 6k and 10k per month, does not want to stay, is over paid for his ability. Release and do not play for 1st team again this season.

Anything on this thread is speculation as within hearts its very hard to know who is contracted to hearts, who isn't, for how long, what options they have and their wage

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Beslija, Makela, Pinilla, Goncalves.

All on over 2k a week and not justifying the wage.

Your fired.

bcnamstrad131.jpg

Beslija, Makela, Pinilla, Goncalves.

All on over 2k a week and not justifying the wage.

Your fired.

bcnamstrad131.jpg

Feel as though with a manager in charge who knows his stuff that Pinilla and Beslija might be able to do a job. Would also like to give Makela a shot, he hasn't had a look in and he must be as good as Nade or Elliot.

Goncalves, Neilson, No 28, Zaliukas can all go as far as I'm concerned.

Bunny Munro
Feel as though with a manager in charge who knows his stuff that Pinilla and Beslija might be able to do a job. Would also like to give Makela a shot, he hasn't had a look in and he must be as good as Nade or Elliot.

Goncalves, Neilson, No 28, Zaliukas can all go as far as I'm concerned.

why bother?

they're all decent enough squad players and arent taking that much money. (i think)

I was thinking about this yesterday.

Makela between 5 and 7 a week.

Beslija possibly 9k

Goncalves 3 to 5k

Tall 8to 10k

Kingson 10k

McCann 5 to 10k

Pinilla 5 to 10k

Karipidis 3 to 5k

Aguiar 3 to 5 k

Stewart 3 to 5k

These are I presume the higher earners at the club and with the exception of Kingson, they have all failed to delver anything like value for money this season.

I'd get rid of the lot of them and many more on probably less money

We'd save a minimum of 60 thousand a week or 3 million a season.

Our wage bill is an absoulte disgrace. A club of our size and income IMHO should have 4 or 5 top earners on about 5k a week.

Another 10 good players/ top prospects on 3 to 4k a week and the balance of the squad made up of youngsters and journeyman on between 1.5 and 2.5 a week.

Bl00dy good money for playing in the SPL.

I'd also sell Larry for anything above 2 million. We can't afford not to.

Oh how could I forget Nade. What a total waste of 10 bob a week he is.

He's balck

You're right

But he's absolutely ****3

Nade Nade

yeah i agree, keep neilson and Zaliukas as good cheap bench warmers, but not No.28, he's on low wages for a reason!!!!

would def punt everyone else on over ?5k a week as they're not worth it, wouldn't think Stewart would be on a high wage as he got punted by hibs!

I'd get rid of them all apart frm,banks,berra,karripidas,larry and ruben,the rest can go now.

I heard Henry Smith after the Falkirk game and he said there were players there defo not laying for the jersey

Charlie-Brown

As best i understand

player - contract ends

banks - summer 2009

basso - summer 2009

j.macdonald - summer 2009

neilson - summer 2009

j.thomson - ??

goncalves - summer 2009

wallace - summer 2011

berra - summer 2011

karipidis - summer 2009

tall - summer 2008

zaliukas - summer 2009

mikoliunas - ??

cesnauskis - ??

ivaskevicius - ??

ksanavicius - summer 2009

mccann - summer 2008

driver - summer 2011

beslija - summer 2009

aguiar - summer 2009

kingston - summer 2010

screpis - summer 2010

m.stewart - summer 2008 or 2010 (if extended)

palazeulos - summer 2010

jonsson - summer 2012

elliot - summer 2011

mole - summer 2011

nade - summer 2010

pinilla - summer 2008 or 2011 (if extended)

makela - summer 2009

anyone else i've forgotten?

I'd get rid of them all apart frm,banks,berra,karripidas,larry and ruben,the rest can go now.

I heard Henry Smith after the Falkirk game and he said there were players there defo not laying for the jersey

I find it hard to believe but, there it is - the reason why a certain few players were picked week-in, week-out. Pretty sordid stuff?:):)

brellierlegend
As best i understand

player - contract ends

banks - summer 2009

basso - summer 2009

neilson - summer 2009

j.thomson - ??

goncalves - summer 2009

wallace - summer 2011

berra - summer 2011

karipidis - summer 2009

tall - summer 2008

zaliukas - summer 2009

mikoliunas - ??

cesnauskis - ??

ivaskevicius - ??

mccann - summer 2008

driver - summer 2011

beslija - summer 2009

aguiar - summer 2009

kingston - summer 2010

screpis - summer 2010

palazeulos - summer 2010

jonsson - summer 2012

elliot - summer 2011

mole - summer 2011

nade - summer 2010

makela - summer 2009

In my opinion it would be criminal if we extended these players contracts.

I also think Juho is going to take 5k a week of us until the end of next season. Likewise Beslija. Who will match their wages based on what they have done at Hearts?

Ryan Gosling
As best i understand

player - contract ends

banks - summer 2009

basso - summer 2009

neilson - summer 2009

j.thomson - ??

goncalves - summer 2009

wallace - summer 2011

berra - summer 2011

karipidis - summer 2009

tall - summer 2008

zaliukas - summer 2009

mikoliunas - ??

cesnauskis - ??

ivaskevicius - ??

mccann - summer 2008

driver - summer 2011

beslija - summer 2009

aguiar - summer 2009

kingston - summer 2010

screpis - summer 2010

palazeulos - summer 2010

jonsson - summer 2012

elliot - summer 2011

mole - summer 2011

nade - summer 2010

makela - summer 2009

Ivaskevicius' deal expires in the summer, Miko and Chesney - next summer. Pinilla's will be 2012 if extended.

In my opinion it would be criminal if we extended these players contracts.

I also think Juho is going to take 5k a week of us until the end of next season. Likewise Beslija. Who will match their wages based on what they have done at Hearts?

I think it would be criminal if we didn't extend Pinilla contract....why let him go for nothing when we could get a fee for him?

Charlie-Brown

Stewart's contract extension could well be based on him making X number of appearances thus automatically triggering the contract extension - previously Darren Jackson & Steven Pressley had similar type contracts and the club didn't play them again to ensure the contract extension / continuation of high wages didn't occur.

So we can only get rid of Tall, McCann and Stewart - Tall wants to go anyway and I wouldn't renew Stewart's contract. Releasing these players would save 20-25k per week. Pinilla's up for extension as well - he needs to play the remaining games to see if it's worth keeping him. Neilson, Elliot, and Makela should be put on the transfer list. Likewise, if we get offered good money then Miko, Audrey, Chesney, Jose, Nade or Larry should be sold (although in an ideal world I would like to keep the last three to see how they do under a new manager). Ivaskevicius can go anytime he likes.

For 5k per week we could surely pick up an attack minded midfielder (maybe Barry Nicolson) and a right back from the lower divisions for the start of next season. It might be worth a punt to put a bid in for a proven goalscorer like ex-Newcastle striker Richard Offiong as well - 30 goals in 54 games for Hamilton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Offiong.

From this moment on there's no point in playing Tall or Stewart if we're not renewing. We need to develop some of the youngsters.

As best i understand

player - contract ends

banks - summer 2009

basso - summer 2009

neilson - summer 2009

j.thomson - ??

goncalves - summer 2009

wallace - summer 2011

berra - summer 2011

karipidis - summer 2009

tall - summer 2008

zaliukas - summer 2009

mikoliunas - ??

cesnauskis - ??

ivaskevicius - ??

mccann - summer 2008

driver - summer 2011

beslija - summer 2009

aguiar - summer 2009

kingston - summer 2010

screpis - summer 2010

palazeulos - summer 2010

jonsson - summer 2012

elliot - summer 2011

mole - summer 2011

nade - summer 2010

makela - summer 2009

You have to remember that we made a loss of ?10m last year. Our expenditure was over ?20m. A figure of around ?15m (expenditure - operating costs) means a wage bill of almost ?290k a week!

Craig Gordon was on ?12k a week which reached ?18k with bonuses. Pressley, Hartley, Pinilla and Kingston are/were on similar.

Fyssas, Tall, Jankauskas, Beslija and Nade were/are on around ?10k a week.

You're then left with the likes of Basso, Goncalves, Karipidis, Aguiar, McCann, Pospicil, Tiago Costa, Makela, Bednar and Palazuelos who were/are on around ?5k a week.

The idea of guys coming from Kaunas on a basic ?2k a week sounds good until you realise (apart from most being crap) Kurskis, Kancelskis, Zaluikus, Miko, Chesney, Beniusis, Ksanavicius, Ivaskevicius, Philabatis add another ?18k a week to the wage bill. I would also suspect Miko and Chesney are on a fair bit more than ?2k.

Most of the above will be emptied at the end of the season. If we are on course to increase the debt to around ?40m this year, the sales of Gordon (?8m due this season), Bednar (?2.5m) and probable Kingston (?3m), Goncalves (?1m), Nade (500k) and the ?1 profit we made from the Barca game will take the debt back down to ?24m - the level when Romanov took over. This may or may not be partly cleared by a share issue but I doubt this would happen until the feel good factor was back at the club (if ever).

That leaves a squad of Banks, MacDonald, Neilson, Wallace, Berra, Karipidis, Zaluikas, Miko, Chesney, Driver, Stewart, Jonsson, Palazuelos, Elliot, Mole.

Ironically the guys who have seen us through most of the season.

I find it hard to believe but, there it is - the reason why a certain few players were picked week-in, week-out. Pretty sordid stuff?:):)

banks - summer 2009

basso - summer 2009 2

j.macdonald - summer 2009 (loan to QoS until summer 2008)

neilson - summer 2009

j.thomson - summer 2011

goncalves - summer 2009 2 (loan from Kaunas)

wallace - summer 2011

berra - summer 2011

karipidis - summer 2009 2

tall - summer 2008 1

zaliukas - summer 2009 3 (loan from Kaunas)

mikoliunas - summer 2009 3 (loan from Kaunas)

cesnauskis - summer 2009 3 (loan from Kaunas)

ivaskevicius - summer 2008 3 (loan from Kaunas)

ksanavicius - summer 2009 3 (loan from Kaunas)

mccann - summer 2008 2

driver - summer 2011

beslija - summer 2009 (on loan to Sint Truiden until summer 2008) 1

aguiar - summer 2009 2 (loan from Kaunas)

kingston - summer 2010 1

screpis - summer 2010

palazeulos - summer 2010 2

jonsson - summer 2012

elliot - summer 2011

mole - summer 2011

nade - summer 2010 1

pinilla - summer 2008 or 2012 (if extended) 1

makela - summer 2009 2

I've added a 1, 2 or 3 after the player to signify what wage bracket they are in;

1 = ?8k>

2 = ?4k-?7k

3 = <?3k

Does anyone know the players that aren't done?

We need a manager to organise and find out who are players and who are not. Sorry, but i personally don't think Frail is the best judge of a player and he certainly doesn't have the ability to motivate and get the best out of anyone.

Elliot should be playing out of his skin as Frail is clearly giving him a polish or is that his problem? May be that elliot thinks he doesn't have to prove himself because he knows the caretakers got his back?

Its a siht state of affairs to be in but the players we have are not far of a top three finish but they have been poorly managed.

Look at United and Motherwell. They have added a couple of players to utter gash squads from last season and are up there challenging for third.

Saw it yesterday when Kingston(who was fairly poor by his standards) was having a go at 28 for not anticipating what he was going to do with the ball. He's frustrated because the team are so unorganised on the pitch. Seems to me like Larry may have had enough and to be honest who can blame him.

I think we need a manager aSsoon as the season is over to anyalse the team and work with the players. I pray to god the guy they want has agreed already and is looking at our team cause every window we seem to get our manager/Coach right at the end and by then its too late.

RANT OVER

You have to remember that we made a loss of ?10m last year. Our expenditure was over ?20m. A figure of around ?15m (expenditure - operating costs) means a wage bill of almost ?290k a week!

Craig Gordon was on ?12k a week which reached ?18k with bonuses. Pressley, Hartley, Pinilla and Kingston are/were on similar.

Fyssas, Tall, Jankauskas, Beslija and Nade were/are on around ?10k a week.

You're then left with the likes of Basso, Goncalves, Karipidis, Aguiar, McCann, Pospicil, Tiago Costa, Makela, Bednar and Palazuelos who were/are on around ?5k a week.

The idea of guys coming from Kaunas on a basic ?2k a week sounds good until you realise (apart from most being crap) Kurskis, Kancelskis, Zaluikus, Miko, Chesney, Beniusis, Ksanavicius, Ivaskevicius, Philabatis add another ?18k a week to the wage bill. I would also suspect Miko and Chesney are on a fair bit more than ?2k.

Most of the above will be emptied at the end of the season. If we are on course to increase the debt to around ?40m this year, the sales of Gordon (?8m due this season), Bednar (?2.5m) and probable Kingston (?3m), Goncalves (?1m), Nade (500k) and the ?1 profit we made from the Barca game will take the debt back down to ?24m - the level when Romanov took over. This may or may not be partly cleared by a share issue but I doubt this would happen until the feel good factor was back at the club (if ever).

That leaves a squad of Banks, MacDonald, Neilson, Wallace, Berra, Karipidis, Zaluikas, Miko, Chesney, Driver, Stewart, Jonsson, Palazuelos, Elliot, Mole.

Ironically the guys who have seen us through most of the season.

good post!!

Here is something thats been on my mind for a while, do you or anyone else believe that since 05 ( if treated and managed correctly) we have had 30million pound worth of talent at the club? I know it seems a lot but look at the money Hibs gave got fpr some pretty average players.

I honestly believe we could be not far from debt free now if we wre ran correctly.

Archived