U19 Qualifying round (Group 8) - 21/09/2011

jamboBG

scott herbertson

Qualifying round (Group 8) - 21/09/2011 - 16:00CET (16:00 local time) - Bistrica - Bistrica

Belgium 3-0 Wales

Scotland 1-2 Slovenia

http://www.uefa.com/under19/season=2012/matches/round=2000213/match=2004950/index.html

Thanks

I see that Jason Holt played the whole game but the other three Hearts players weren't involved

Thanks

I see that Jason Holt played the whole game but the other three Hearts players weren't involved

That's Billy Stark for you. Robbo was bleating about him favouring Rantic players for the U21s as well using Mark Ridgers as an example.

jamboinglasgow

That's Billy Stark for you. Robbo was bleating about him favouring Rantic players for the U21s as well using Mark Ridgers as an example.

Glad I am not the only one who questions Billy Stark. I still cant understand why he picks 3 Hibs players for the under 21s, I can understand Booth, and to a lesser extent Hanlon (though I still believe he is a much better left back then centre back) but to keep picking Wotherspoon when he has not had any form for a long time. I also question why he handles both the under 19s and 21s. AS you say about the case with Ridgers and Grant Adam, Mark Ridgers have played a number of competitive games, was a key player for Airdrie United last season, and this season has been important for East Fife. Grant Adam has only played 1 senior game (appears to be third choice goalkeeper for Forfar Athletic.) Hopefully Scotland's new performance director will look into the youth teams and the coaches leading them.

From Perth to Paisley

Glad I am not the only one who questions Billy Stark. I still cant understand why he picks 3 Hibs players for the under 21s, I can understand Booth, and to a lesser extent Hanlon (though I still believe he is a much better left back then centre back) but to keep picking Wotherspoon when he has not had any form for a long time. I also question why he handles both the under 19s and 21s. AS you say about the case with Ridgers and Grant Adam, Mark Ridgers have played a number of competitive games, was a key player for Airdrie United last season, and this season has been important for East Fife. Grant Adam has only played 1 senior game (appears to be third choice goalkeeper for Forfar Athletic.) Hopefully Scotland's new performance director will look into the youth teams and the coaches leading them.

Pretty sure Grant Adam was recalled by Rangers due to their 3rd choice getting injured just before one of the european games.

Archived