Dunfermline anti-racism initiative

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I'd have preferred this kind of robust policing at either of the old squirm's grounds.

Glasgow would need a whole new police force to weed them all out.

You can be charged for swearing? Seriously? ****s sake, I should be doing life in that case :vrface:

Don't mean to state the obvious but I think the swearing would have gone unnoticed by the authorities if it wasn't for the racial abuse part.

Don't mean to state the obvious but I think the swearing would have gone unnoticed by the authorities if it wasn't for the racial abuse part.

Ha, yeah, sorry I meant as a side note, not related to this story but it seems like swearing is a genuine offence. Suppose it's to stop people shouting the C word (not ******) in public...

Jambof3tornado

I think you will get away with calling someone a c u next tuesday but if you call them a black ****,then you are in bother.

Will we get a list of words which are acceptable and a list of those which are not?

Not condoning racial abuse for one second but..... the amount of secterian bile that spews out from the old firm every week and who is in court, some bloke from Dunfermline, unbelievable :angry:

Not condoning racial abuse for one second but..... the amount of secterian bile that spews out from the old firm every week and who is in court, some bloke from Dunfermline, unbelievable :angry:

That's the difference. I don't think any outsiders would point to Dunfermline as a club with a racism/sectarianism problem but they're making the effort to eliminate it completely. The Old Firm on the other hand do nothing about it, in fact if anything they encourage it. Well done to the Pars on this one.

That's the difference. I don't think any outsiders would point to Dunfermline as a club with a racism/sectarianism problem but they're making the effort to eliminate it completely. The Old Firm on the other hand do nothing about it, in fact if anything they encourage it. Well done to the Pars on this one.

But surely the law of the land is applied equally to every citizen regardless of which football team they support. We will be anticipating a mass booking in the Glasgow courts over the coming weeks....no I didn't think so either :blink:

But surely the law of the land is applied equally to every citizen regardless of which football team they support. We will be anticipating a mass booking in the Glasgow courts over the coming weeks....no I didn't think so either :blink:

That's the point I'm making. Dunfermline have taken it upon themselves (if I'm reading the article correctly) to use plain clothes policemen to identify the protagonists more effectively. What are the chances of either of the uglies doing the same?

I think you will get away with calling someone a c u next tuesday but if you call them a black ****,then you are in bother.

Will we get a list of words which are acceptable and a list of those which are not?

do you need one? :unsure:

That's the point I'm making. Dunfermline have taken it upon themselves (if I'm reading the article correctly) to use plain clothes policemen to identify the protagonists more effectively. What are the chances of either of the uglies doing the same?

So we do not need Strathclyde's finest to uphold the law, just wait until the old firm play in Dunfermline and this undercover cop can arrest a couple of thousand of them.... or will they be treated differently :whistling:

So we do not need Strathclyde's finest to uphold the law, just wait until the old firm play in Dunfermline and this undercover cop can arrest a couple of thousand of them.... or will they be treated differently :whistling:

This will be interesting to see actually. Would expect Dunfermline to make a point of highlighting the Old Firm's behaviour. Not that the opinion of a 'wee team' is likely to make any difference to them mind.

This will be interesting to see actually. Would expect Dunfermline to make a point of highlighting the Old Firm's behaviour. Not that the opinion of a 'wee team' is likely to make any difference to them mind.

Indeed, the point I was getting at..is that its not for the likes of Dunfermline or any other club to enforce the law, it the police

Do we really need undercover rozzers to find the culprits?

Sgt Andy Smith, of Fife Constabulary, said: "Racist abuse of players, or any person for that matter, is totally unacceptable and we will do all we can to root out the very small minority of fans who act in this despicable way.

"The operation will continue at forthcoming home games and this arrest should act as a warning and deterrent to others."

So is it just racism that is a problem? if so why do we need new legislation to deal with secterianism? I await with interest the old firm coming to East End....although I can guess the outcome... more bile and zero arrests :angry:

or Hearts security at the school end when rantic come to town

its easy meat for the pigs to go for the small fry

Archived