***** Official Ayr United v Hearts Match Thread *****

Chris Benoit

Well it's time to start our Wee Cup campaign for this season which sees us visit Ayr for the first time in ages, safe journey to all the folks going through, can't make it tonight as I'll be at home trying to entice jr out of the mrs so I can get 2 weeks off work :thumbsup:

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be a tough night I feel, especially if the weather stays the way it is. Hopefully the team apply themselves in the correct manner tonight because you can guarantee Ayr Utd will be fighting tooth-'n'-nail for everything. My main concern tonight is complacency, but if we turn up with the right attitude and approach the game like a Premier League match then we should take care of business.

Ayr United 1 - 3 Heart Of Midlothian

Going to be a tough night I feel, especially if the weather stays the way it is. Hopefully the team apply themselves in the correct manner tonight because you can guarantee Ayr Utd will be fighting tooth-'n'-nail for everything. My main concern tonight is complacency, but if we turn up with the right attitude and approach the game like a Premier League match then we should take care of business.

Ayr United 1 - 3 Heart Of Midlothian

Despite the fact that everyone knows how rubbish Aberdeen are, I like to think that East Fife's result last night will have knocked any complacency out of our players in advance of tonight's game. I reckon they're going to make it difficult for us but I'm confident that we'll go in with the right attitude and do the necessary. thumbsup.gif

Had a look at their squad list to see if I recognised any of the names but the only one that leapt out at me was a defender called John Robertson. Hm. So who are their 'danger men'? Anyone know much about them?

Despite the fact that everyone knows how rubbish Aberdeen are, I like to think that East Fife's result last night will have knocked any complacency out of our players in advance of tonight's game. I reckon they're going to make it difficult for us but I'm confident that we'll go in with the right attitude and do the necessary. thumbsup.gif

Had a look at their squad list to see if I recognised any of the names but the only one that leapt out at me was a defender called John Robertson. Hm. So who are their 'danger men'? Anyone know much about them?

Gareth Wardlaw. Striker, played for St Mirren last season and grabbed the winner up at Pittrodrie to effectively secure their SPL status.

Eddie Malone. Scored a peach of a goal when he played for Clyde that knocked Celtic out of the Scottish cup a few years ago.

Well it's time to start our Wee Cup campaign for this season which sees us visit Ayr for the first time in ages, safe journey to all the folks going through, can't make it tonight as I'll be at home trying to entice jr out of the mrs so I can get 2 weeks off work :thumbsup:

Is there an issue finding sponsorship for these threads when it's the diddy cup? I guess the competition has lost it's market value in recent years

Michael Moffatt. Signed from Girvan juniors, but don't let that fool you. Decent striker, our defence will need to keep an eye on him. Sincerely hope the Famous win convincingly 2nite, or I'll need to emigrate.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Weve not won the league cup since 1962

Its about time we got the monkey off our backs

Web have the squad to win it , just belief and hunger is required

Come on the Super Hearts

Is there an issue finding sponsorship for these threads when it's the diddy cup? I guess the competition has lost it's market value in recent years

Nah did it on my phone so couldn't be arsed searching for images plus there was nothing I could think of to rip into Ayr for. It's Glen Michaels home town after all so deserves some respect :thumbsup:

think we will win but may be tricky affair. Maybe the wind wont affect us with our new keep the ball on the deck style of play ;)

Would give Sutton/Temps/Robinson a start and say prove yourself tonight

Gareth Wardlaw. Striker, played for St Mirren last season and grabbed the winner up at Pittrodrie to effectively secure their SPL status.

Eddie Malone. Scored a peach of a goal when he played for Clyde that knocked Celtic out of the Scottish cup a few years ago.

Malones a massive hobo so will be right up for it

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nah, we're gonna hand them their clitori to play with and be out of sight by half time tea and biccies. :)

4-1 Hearts. Rudi x2, Stevo x2.

:)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As a side note... I have always thought Kilmarnock is a stinking wee hovell and devoid of any light, joy or hope... Never been to any other parts of Ayrshire though... Guessing it's like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon but with lots of randy naked exotic women handing out fifty notes to strangers though aye?

As a side note... I have always thought Kilmarnock is a stinking wee hovell and devoid of any light, joy or hope... Never been to any other parts of Ayrshire though... Guessing it's like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon but with lots of randy naked exotic women handing out fifty notes to strangers though aye?

Mothy, that's exactly what is was like when I went through on an Inland Revenue Civil Service 10 pin competition - only difference was those randy naked women were receiving donations, if ye ken whit ah mean :thumbsup:

Got to think with Stevo and McGowan both having been involved with Ayr recently they will make sure there is no complancy involved, couple that with the East Fife result and I think we should be fine this evening.

Ayr 0 Hearts 3

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Mac,

Exotic but, aye? Cannae be daein wi' peely-wally hookers handing me fifties like! :(

Mind that Andy McLaren geezer? Is it only because he had a drug problem that I get him and that schemie wee ned from 'The Scheme' mixed up in my head? Do they not look a wee bit similar too? :o

tartofmidlothian

We're in the fortunate but rare position of having a bench full of players who are deserving of a start. The only change from Saturday's line-up I'd really like to see is Robinson for Black, although it would be good to see Rudi and especially Sutton get at the very least half an hour each.

3-1 Hearts. (Taouil, Stevenson, Sutton)

Craig Herbertson

With the size of the squad we should theoretically be in a good position to take something from the cups but it's a lottery in the real world. The most interesting thing for me (apart from winning) will be to see how the new tactics translate in this type of game.

Team is:

MacDonald

McGowan

Mrowiec

Zaliukas

Grainger

Templeton

Robinson

Jonsson

Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton

upon seeing that, it shall be 4-1 to the Famous

jamboinglasgow

Team is:

MacDonald

McGowan

Mrowiec

Zaliukas

Grainger

Templeton

Robinson

Jonsson

Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton

any idea on the bench?

scott herbertson

Mothy, that's exactly what is was like when I went through on an Inland Revenue Civil Service 10 pin competition - only difference was those randy naked women were receiving donations, if ye ken whit ah mean :thumbsup:

I've revised my opinion of both the Civil Service and 10 pin bowling

scott herbertson

Team is:

MacDonald

McGowan

Mrowiec

Zaliukas

Grainger

Templeton

Robinson

Jonsson

Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton

That's what alomost everyone on here wants - be interesting if we lose!

tartofmidlothian

Team is:

MacDonald

McGowan

Mrowiec

Zaliukas

Grainger

Templeton

Robinson

Jonsson

Novikovas

Skacel

Sutton

Good line-up if so, quite a few players well deserving of a chance in there. I hope they take it, particularly Sutton and Robinson.

Don't know what the bench is like, but it would be good to see Stevo get a chance against his old team and to see Mehdi on. Purely because I think he's a really exciting player we haven't seen nearly enough of yet.

glad to see Robinson and Jonsson in there, in london they played very well together

Sutton being given a chance can only be a good thing

Rudi playing = :yas:

so as the famous are winning in ayr you will be doing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYNkqMPGQoY

Good to see the reserves getting a run out.

Keep the big boys like Black, Obua, Elliott, Taouil, Stevenson and Webster fresh for the weekend

Sutton NEEDS to score at least 2 or 3 goals for the majority on here to give him a chance.

I am convinced he'll bounce back, much like Alan Partridge bounced, bounces and is bouncing back!

Mon Sutton!

MON THE HEAAAAAARTS!!!

Balogh; McGowan, Barr, Zaliukas, Grainger; Templeton, Jonsson, Robinson, Skacel, Novikovas, Sutton. Subs: MacDonald, Mrowiec, Taouil, Driver, Smith.

Nicholas Brody

Hopefully Balogh, Barr, Robinson, Novi, Skacel and Sutton all play well. Would be good to see them all pushing for a place. Also good to see Driver on the bench. Injury not another long one.

Chad Sexington

Balogh; McGowan, Barr, Zaliukas, Grainger; Templeton, Jonsson, Robinson, Skacel, Novikovas, Sutton. Subs: MacDonald, Mrowiec, Taouil, Driver, Smith.

Barr.

:stare:

I am presuming the game is on the radio since there are only a few games on?

not sure. i'm hoping so though, since i let my hearts world subscription lapse

Smith on the bench :mellow:

Archived