Hearts sponsor bottles out

jambovambo

Just on the radio that Hearts' water sponsor has decided to withdraw its sponsorship, as it can't be involved with the club after its decision on CT.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:vrface:

Why have you used the Romanob face palm?? I know you like to use it at least a dozen times per day, But, what does it mean this time??

Chris Benoit

Back to using tap water now :(

Who'll be the first to crack an Evian:Live young joke?

I did not even know we had a water sponsor.

We have a sponsor (or provider/partner) of loads of things. Many will decide to withdraw their support.

Why have you used the Romanob face palm?? I know you like to use it at least a dozen times per day, But, what does it mean this time??

Do one.

Who does Lee Hughes play for these days?

He killed someone, leaving them on a road.

Are sponsors and schools disassociating themselves with his club?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Who needs water anyway?

The 'mitigating circumstances' surrounding the case will keep the players hydrated.

:sob:

Vlad-Stupid

Back to using tap water now :(

Who'll be the first to crack an Evian:Live young joke?

I beleive the answer is you :lol:

He killed someone, leavign them on a road.

That's for other clubs and companies to decide upon their stance on that issue and has nothing to do with us continuing to employ and defend a nonce.

He killed someone, leavign them on a road.

Quite, but given the henious nature of CT's offences and the general public vilification of "kiddie fiddlers" it's hardly surprising. Not saying that killing someone in a road accident, then leaving the scene of the crime isn't henious, but public perception etc

Also, the fact we have kept him and the subsequent public outrage, it's no surprise that sponsors take this sort of action.

jamboinglasgow

Notts County, been there for two years.

He also was sacked by his club at the time and served a jail sentence and was "rehabilitated" before he got a new club. I am sure a few years down the line CT won't be such an issue but at the moment its a raw issue and we are sticking by a sex offender.

These sort of deals will be really damaging as at the moment we probably get free bottled water for being associated; now we won't. I will bet we have lots of other similar deals that are in danger.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Am I the only one that thinks the OP is having a hilarious joke with his "no bottle" "water company" patter ??

This seethe fest can't go on much longer, surely ??

Lynch him anyway.

He was at Notts County last sseason. He was however sacked by his club (West Brom) as a result of his conviction. Mind you, as he got jail, this really wasn't a great surprise.

Chris Benoit

Quite, but given the henious nature of CT's offences and the general public vilification of "kiddie fiddlers" it's hardly surprising. Not saying that killing someone in a road accident, then leaving the scene of the crime isn't henious, but public perception etc

Also, the fact we have kept him and the subsequent public outrage, it's no surprise that sponsors take this sort of action.

It will be the first of many I think just a pity none of them are doing it out of any moral obligation rather than an attempt to gain themselves some positive publicity by distancing themselves from us.

Have nobody to blame but ourselves (the club not the fans before someone jumps on it)

Am I the only one that thinks the OP is having a hilarious joke with his "no bottle" "water company" patter ??

This seethe fest can't go on much longer, surely ??

Lynch him anyway.

Gi'es a break.

I have long experience of starting threads no one looks at, because I'm crap at the subject line.

So that's me trying harder

It's a bloody important thread in my view

Sorry you thought I was only trying to be funny

He also was sacked by his club at the time and served a jail sentence and was "rehabilitated" before he got a new club. I am sure a few years down the line CT won't be such an issue but at the moment its a raw issue and we are sticking by a sex offender.

These sort of deals will be really damaging as at the moment we probably get free bottled water for being associated; now we won't. I will bet we have lots of other similar deals that are in danger.

The thing is, CT goes away serves whatever time the public decide (not the law, as they have already given him his punishment) he needs do then joins another club, i think they would accept him. The problem appears to be that we/the public don't think he has suffered enough yet to be given a second chance yet. Do we/the public have the right to do this? plus why should another club benefit from this and hearts lose out if they can get the boy on the right track?

It was a shit sponsor anyway, mac b! Put it is a drink aimed at kids so i can fully understand why they have done this.

He was at Notts County last sseason. He was however sacked by his club (West Brom) as a result of his conviction. Mind you, as he got jail, this really wasn't a great surprise.

He was probably sacked becasue he could not carry out his duties, and rightly so.

But it seems, at the moment, anyway, that it is OK to employ a killer but not someone who has sent disgusting messages. Is the latter really the worse of the two?

Considering nobody had heard of this water sponsorship, I wonder what their agenda is? Hardly likely to have lost sales or damaged their brand from association with Hearts since none of us had heard of them... Is the owner one of those going nuts on JKB at the moment perhaps?

Sorry but being the first sponsor to noisily terminate their sponsorship, when nobody even knew they existed, is cynical in the extreme. Hope they go bust whilst sitting cloud-free on their, ahem, "moral high ground".

Captain Scarlett

If this is true,and i see no reason to doubt that it is,Then i feel a real financial squeeze on the club regarding other sponsors and the like.I feel the clubs stance on the C.T situation me come back to bite on the erky.

Considering nobody had heard of this water sponsorship, I wonder what their agenda is? Hardly likely to have lost sales or damaged their brand from association with Hearts since none of us had heard of them... Is the owner one of those going nuts on JKB at the moment perhaps?

Sorry but being the first sponsor to noisily terminate their sponsorship, when nobody even knew they existed, is cynical in the extreme. Hope they go bust whilst sitting cloud-free on their, ahem, "moral high ground".

An interesting point. I am a Hearts fan and I have never heard of them, until now.

Could they be thinking by pulling out they will get more coverage than they would have for staying and that punters will think 'oh, a nice company with mora;s, we will buy their water'?

This exactly! Seems the water sponsor(not naming them just to try and minimise the publicity they are creating about this)has got more than their ?5k worth of "product awareness" today. Cynical opportunist act in the extreme

Mr Cynic

ToadKiller Dog

If you go to the hearts site you will see there name on the band at the top with Hearts other main sponsors , they have also a few boards at tynie , To dismiss this move as unimportant is ridiculous . Clearly the club know they excist and have taken a lot of money of them .

Yeah lets hope some company goes bust and loads lose there jobs ,ejit

Jambof3tornado

And how much do we make from this water sponsorship deal?

The only way out of this is for CT to put in a transfer request. There is a finite amount of damage the club can take before Vlad realises its costing us hard cash.

Sexton Hardcastle

Bit online mentions 5 grand.

Not the end of the world but it will surley have a knock on effect.

And how much do we make from this water sponsorship deal?

The only way out of this is for CT to put in a transfer request. There is a finite amount of damage the club can take before Vlad realises its costing us hard cash.

the figure quoted on the radio was ?5,000 per annum

Tiberius Stinkfinger

They seem to sponsor another club right enough, that was quick work !

Sorry for doubting the OP as a pish joke !

Its just a pish OP instead ....:D

This exactly! Seems the water sponsor(not naming them just to try and minimise the publicity they are creating about this)has got more than their ?5k worth of "product awareness" today. Cynical opportunist act in the extreme

Mr Cynic

First thing I thought as well. :thumb:

Drylaw Hearts

He was probably sacked becasue he could not carry out his duties, and rightly so.

But it seems, at the moment, anyway, that it is OK to employ a killer but not someone who has sent disgusting messages. Is the latter really the worse of the two?

Is it the better of the two ?

Employing a convicted drink/drug driver who was involved in a fatal accident after he's done his time is one thing........

Continuing to employ a player who's just been found guilty of sending lewd messages to a 12 year old girl is another.

The latter was no accident. He knew exactly what he wanted to do.

So you don't think us losing sponsors left right and centre is worthy of a head in the hands moment? I'll say it again, do one you creepy wee ****.

Picard, First of all I apologise.The head in hand/face palm smillie confuses the **** out of me, I thought you meant "Who gives a **** if we've lost a WATER sponsor... This is a Piss thread" type smillie...I see now, that you, like me, are starting to worry what damage CT has done the club in the wider sense, not Just fans turning against us but also sponsors. The "do one you creepy wee ****" post was a bit OTT, But I'll leave it!

Good news if it makes hearts see that they can't keep the creep

You're enjoying this, aren't you? :blink:

i thought if was only the OF that played whataboutery but clearly not.

yeah you have a point. Lee Hughes is playing football so that makes it A OK for us to employ a nonce.

we're better than that.

Fort Vallance

We have a sponsor (or provider/partner) of loads of things. Many will decide to withdraw their support.

I would expect the providers / sponsors don't actually give us their goods or services for nothing it's usually a discounted or cost price in exchange for the publicity. If these companies aren't making a profit and the publicity is the wrong sort it doesn't need a business brain to work out the numbers don't match up. I expect a few more will follow.

Snake Plissken

You're enjoying this, aren't you? :blink:

I don't think he's the only one.

If you go to the hearts site you will see there name on the band at the top with Hearts other main sponsors , they have also a few boards at tynie , To dismiss this move as unimportant is ridiculous . Clearly the club know they excist and have taken a lot of money of them .

It just goes to show how blinkered we are on JKB that many had no idea that "they", or anyone else for that matter, were our water sponsors. I have to be considered a blinkered one in this instance.

Off at a tangent here but it strikes me as a little strange that the majority of JKB are now believing lock stock and barrel everything that has been written in the tabloid press in the last few days.

What a fickle and strange place this forum is.

The only possible new sponsor that we may attract at the moment are the makers of castration implements, which I am sure would do a roaring trade with the JKB "ULTRA" offended at this time. Link to follow.

Who gives a **** about Lee Hughes it's CT that has shamed ours.

Walter Bishop

:interesting:

Picard, First of all I apologise.The head in hand/face palm smillie confuses the **** out of me, I thought you meant "Who gives a **** if we've lost a WATER sponsor... This is a Piss thread" type smillie...I see now, that you, like me, are starting to worry what damage CT has done the club in the wider sense, not Just fans turning against us but also sponsors. The "do one you creepy wee ****" post was a bit OTT, But I'll leave it!

Lets kiss and make up :laugh:

I am starting to worry about this now though. :unsure: If any more sponsors walk it could become a case of not dropping us is effectively backing our stance. :down: No company in their right mind would do that.

Some serious straw-clutching going on here

Sense of humour bypass alert - should I have stuck a few silly smileys in so the flippancy in my last paragraph would be more apparent for you? Jeez...

Archived