The Deafening Silence From Hmfc.

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

All seems a bit strange, Lawrence Broadie hasnt spoke on Hearts facebook page for days either depsite usually commenting every day, Anyone think Vlad has had a few members of staff "taken out"?

Usual story, shut up shop until end of month to make sure they can squeeze more season ticket sales before we all realise we are in for another pish season.

They will say that they only comment on players they sign, not ones they dont, but its a underhand way of dealing with things.

Typical ******* Romanov.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

All seems a bit strange, Lawrence Broadie hasnt spoke on Hearts facebook page for days either depsite usually commenting every day, Anyone think Vlad has had a few members of staff "taken out"?

Been wondering about the silence myself.

It could be that they are just quietly working away behind the scenes trying to bring players in and not wanting a fuss after the whole Hartley thing.

I personaly wish it was because they are going after The Sun for their wee "Hearts spokesman" bit and do not want to incriminate themselves beforehand... (Well, unlikely i know but we can but hope!)

Either way the silense certainly is deafening. :ermm:

I also thought it was strange, is there not normally some sort of press conference before games, even friendlies?

Everybody at Hearts should be ashamed and embarrassed at the moment, but they're not going to admit it - therefore silence.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Everybody at Hearts should be ashamed and embarrassed at the moment, but they're not going to admit it - therefore silence.

Dunno like, i am sure I saw a wee lassie from the food kiosk the other day and she had a well red face.

i'm sure they'll speak when there's something to announce.

pity you didn't wait before your bryson thread mega-fail mickster.

that was bollocks on a stick that was.

Aye, right. Like guitar lessons at Tynie or some other p1sh.

So Romanov is happy for the Sun to libel? Sure, sure he must think it all a wonderful wheeze.

posted what i was told and anyway what has that got to do with this thread?

1. which was bollocks. jambo the dug took you for a mug again.

2. nothing... it's just that you scarpered from your bryson thread when the heat was on.

another sabbatical wouldn't go amiss.

Guest jambomickey

1. which was bollocks. jambo the dug took you for a mug again.

2. nothing... it's just that you scarpered from your bryson thread when the heat was on.

another sabbatical wouldn't go amiss.

wait and see if i was wrong, what i was told and i posted it because i've got confidence in who told me! jambo the dug, go for a pint and posting stupid pictures in replies is imature for adults, grow up and act your age.

wait and see if i was wrong, what i was told and i posted it because i've got confidence in who told me! jambo the dug, go for a pint and posting stupid pictures in replies is imature for adults, grow up and act your age.

i_see_dumb_people_o_o_by_cool_slayer.jpg

:rofl:

romanovs a knob.

Wondered how long it would take you to come out with that one.

PS. Feel free to go on another boycott of JKB. :thumbsup:

Tbh nothing surprises me when it comes to Hearts, fans always left in the dark about things.. Suppose that just they way Romanov is and will always be, Just need to wait and see what happens. Hopefully some good new comes out of tynie very soon.

The People's Chimp

Lawrence Broadie is a roaster and it's fairly good news he's not being paid a wage to sit on his arse reading facebook all day.

Do you blame them with all this shit goin on?!?!

Personally I enjoy the relative peace it brings... except for a few pointless 'what's goin on' threads! :whistling:

The Treasurer

It was only a pre-season friendly, the result is not that important.

I assume that is what you are talking about as the only other news has been not signing a player that we have been linked with in the press.

Hardly something to merit such an OTT reaction

It was only a pre-season friendly, the result is not that important.

I assume that is what you are talking about as the only other news has been not signing a player that we have been linked with in the press.

Hardly something to merit such an OTT reaction

Linked with in the press? A Director of the club told us we were close to signing Hartley. Hartley should be a Hearts player today, you know it as well as everyone else. The fact he's isn't means Hearts have mucked up somewhere along the line.

Dr. Bapswent

He owes it to you....

he just left this ........

Folks ? we?ve been reading a lot of the comments over the last few days.

There's a lot of frustration mainly about Hartley and Bryson, also intensified by last night's result.

This is where it is of course difficult for a club like Hearts on Facebook.

We're the only SPL club on here who is using the service in such a two-way fashion (other clubs at central meetings think we?re mad for engaging this way, something we strongly disagree with), but the problem is by being on Facebook we?re there to be shot at.

And the shots have been flying.

The problem or question is ?what can we say??

With regards to ins and outs we can?t comment ? but why?

Because, put simply: the marketing and communications team is not involved in the negotiations with players or their clubs, where applicable.

We don?t get hour-by-hour updates on transfer negotiations. Indeed when we get information it?s usually because something significant has happened (i.e. he?s coming, get the camera ready).

There?s nothing special in that in terms of Hearts, and I can assure you it?s the same at every other club in the land.

Of course it frustrates the 8,000 supporters on here. You feel we?re neglecting you, and the anger is certainly palpable.

But it?s just that we?re not in a position to explain every situation and we can?t conduct negotiations (or post-negotiations) on a blow by blow basis.

We understand that over the last five years there have been communications ?challenges?, and things you will not have agreed with.

That is exactly why we set up things like Facebook to try and open lines of communication, encourage debate and a bit of interactivity. It?s not always easy, though, to give or tell you what you want to hear.

It?s the same way that the marketing and communications team at the club gladly speak (and we do every day) to any supporter who rings the club, who answer emails in as much detail as we can, and post responses where it is appropriate to do so on Facebook.

So today?s message is simply, we?ll do our best, give you information where we can, and try and be as open as we possibly can.

When a deal is done, and not before, we?ll announce it on our main website and of course on here ? just as we did when Jim Jefferies arrived on 29th January. We don?t deal in assumptions and speculation. We deal in reality because we have to.

Believe us ? everyone here desperately wants Hearts to be successful, just like you.

The Treasurer

Linked with in the press? A Director of the club told us we were close to signing Hartley. Hartley should be a Hearts player today, you know it as well as everyone else. The fact he's isn't means Hearts have mucked up somewhere along the line.

As there has been no DIRECT quotes from either party why do you choose to assume that Hearts have "mucked up" in some way.

sandylejambo

how does that saying go? "you can fool some of the people" well if I'm made a fool of this season, it will be the last time while this lot are running the asylum, I'm up to the back teeth with this lot of plums, I have never been more despondent about the Hearts in my puff.

As there has been no DIRECT quotes from either party why do you choose to assume that Hearts have "mucked up" in some way.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Exclusive-Hearts-director-wants-Paul.6436276.jp

I know the Scotsman publications and Banderson have no credibility here but they do seem to be direct quotes.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Exclusive-Hearts-director-wants-Paul.6436276.jp

I know the Scotsman publications and Banderson have no credibility here but they do seem to be direct quotes.

i don`t think anybody doubts hearts were close to signing him and with hindsight that statement was poor judgement at the very least but the sun`s story borders on the ridiculous and i think the majority of sensible supporters are just waiting for more facts to come out before deciding who`s fault the breakdown in negotiations was.

the club should make a statement. that is one of the only things i know for definite atm.

i don`t think anybody doubts hearts were close to signing him and with hindsight that statement was poor judgement at the very least but the sun`s story borders on the ridiculous and i think the majority of sensible supporters are just waiting for more facts to come out before deciding who`s fault the breakdown in negotiations was.

the club should make a statement. that is one of the only things i know for definite atm.

I am not apportioning blame to any individual at the moment, however, I think as a CLUB this should have been an easy, common sense signing. I don't doubt for one minute that Hartley wanted to come back to Hearts (he strongly insinuated it in a radio interview), he would be affordable (if Aberdeen could afford him, Hearts certainly could), he wanted to come back to Scotland and had been released by Bristol City and he would be an asset to the team for the reasons I've listed earlier. There is also the strong emotional ties he has to the club and the majority of fans. How on Earth did this obvious transfer not happen and happen quickly? How anyone can imagine that Hearts at some or all levels haven't mucked up here is beyond me, it's laughably delusional.

Francis Albert

how does that saying go? "you can fool some of the people" well if I'm made a fool of this season, it will be the last time while this lot are running the asylum, I'm up to the back teeth with this lot of plums, I have never been more despondent about the Hearts in my puff.

It's presumably been a short puff. Me, I'll never get over Vlad at the last minute blowing the far bigger coup of bringing back Dave Mackay as player/manager.

Lawrence Broadie is a roaster and it's fairly good news he's not being paid a wage to sit on his arse reading facebook all day.

Has he left? :blink:

I thought he was still "responsible" for Hearts Web Site, the Hearts App, and the Hearts Facebook Site?

Robbo-Jambo

How the hell can a director come out with a statement that we are close to signing Hartley, then we hear interest has been cooled, then the Sun come out with their story of the document which the club have made no comment on and he ends up at Aberdeen where he probably really doesnt want to be, and all we hear is a DEAFENING SILENCE from the club on all aspects of this farce since our directors comments on Friday. <_< Us the fans who pay for season tickets and pay the clubs employees wages are being treated like absolute SH**E. :angry::angry:

siegementality

he just left this ........

Folks ? we?ve been reading a lot of the comments over the last few days.

There's a lot of frustration mainly about Hartley and Bryson, also intensified by last night's result.

This is where it is of course difficult for a club like Hearts on Facebook.

We're the only SPL club on here who is using the service in such a two-way fashion (other clubs at central meetings think we?re mad for engaging this way, something we strongly disagree with), but the problem is by being on Facebook we?re there to be shot at.

And the shots have been flying.

The problem or question is ?what can we say??

With regards to ins and outs we can?t comment ? but why?

Because, put simply: the marketing and communications team is not involved in the negotiations with players or their clubs, where applicable.

We don?t get hour-by-hour updates on transfer negotiations. Indeed when we get information it?s usually because something significant has happened (i.e. he?s coming, get the camera ready).

There?s nothing special in that in terms of Hearts, and I can assure you it?s the same at every other club in the land.

Of course it frustrates the 8,000 supporters on here. You feel we?re neglecting you, and the anger is certainly palpable.

But it?s just that we?re not in a position to explain every situation and we can?t conduct negotiations (or post-negotiations) on a blow by blow basis.

We understand that over the last five years there have been communications ?challenges?, and things you will not have agreed with.

That is exactly why we set up things like Facebook to try and open lines of communication, encourage debate and a bit of interactivity. It?s not always easy, though, to give or tell you what you want to hear.

It?s the same way that the marketing and communications team at the club gladly speak (and we do every day) to any supporter who rings the club, who answer emails in as much detail as we can, and post responses where it is appropriate to do so on Facebook.

So today?s message is simply, we?ll do our best, give you information where we can, and try and be as open as we possibly can.

When a deal is done, and not before, we?ll announce it on our main website and of course on here ? just as we did when Jim Jefferies arrived on 29th January. We don?t deal in assumptions and speculation. We deal in reality because we have to.

Believe us ? everyone here desperately wants Hearts to be successful, just like you.

Could someone please post this on Facebook for me.

Dear Lawrence, could you just tell FS to shut the feck up about any transfer speculation until the transfer is actually complete, thereby not building up supporters hopes. Further can you tell Mr Romanov he is a sad individual who needs to get a life, four years have passed since the Riccarton statement, get over it for fecks sake.

Regards

Siege

jamboinglasgow

What about the deafening silence from all other papers (except the Sun which needed a story so just reports the Sun newspaper, then fills space the next day with it.) All the papers love a good Vlad story and you think they would love something like this, a player from the infamous riccarton 3, forced to sign a Soviet style apology if he wants to play for Hearts, which paper would not want to publish that story or look further into it. But none are, not even the daily Record. The papers like to jump on the other papers stories if interesting enough, the fact no others (except the Evening news which was more to fill space then confirming the story) is to me just as deafening.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And by ignoring that one comment they missed the opportunity to prevent a PR disaster. Instead...

siegementality

What about the deafening silence from all other papers (except the Sun which needed a story so just reports the Sun newspaper, then fills space the next day with it.) All the papers love a good Vlad story and you think they would love something like this, a player from the infamous riccarton 3, forced to sign a Soviet style apology if he wants to play for Hearts, which paper would not want to publish that story or look further into it. But none are, not even the daily Record. The papers like to jump on the other papers stories if interesting enough, the fact no others (except the Evening news which was more to fill space then confirming the story) is to me just as deafening.

So PH just found the codheids more ambitious than us then? and his "genuine people" quote was just, McGoo and Miller are just genuine people.

jamboinglasgow

So PH just found the codheids more ambitious than us then? and his "genuine people" quote was just, McGoo and Miller are just genuine people.

No, I think when push came to shove, JJ felt that he rather go for a player he wanted in the role he wanted then bring in PH.

siegementality

No, I think when push came to shove, JJ felt that he rather go for a player he wanted in the role he wanted then bring in PH.

Good. All it needs then is for JJ to say that and the club to issue a denial to the reported story and everythings sunny again.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Jesus!

What was that quote from JJ? The board made a decision and we move on. It was nothing to do with JJ!

siegementality

Jesus!

What was that quote from JJ? The board made a decision and we move on. It was nothing to do with JJ!

It's a bit like Through the Keyhole, the clues are there if you look for them, sometimes they even come along and hit you straight in the face!

Jesus!

he said THE CLUB made a decision.

Jesus!

Nearly right he said 'the club' not the board

Jesus!

If you read back the articles in the press from about two weeks ago onwards they tend to suggest it was the board and not jj who wanted Hartley back in the first place

Francis Albert

he said THE CLUB made a decision.

In much the same way as Csaba used to talk about "we", to some JKB outrage.

Archived