Hartson ' Aberdeen are 3rd biggest team in scotland

Stampy

How is that exactly? On what basis? Support? Recent trophies?

He normally talks a bit of sense but nah. Not this time ginge.

Therapist

He normally talks a bit of sense

WTF? :verymad:

WTF? :verymad:

What i was meaning is he is normally complimentary about us and fair minded. This time hes just talking pesh though.

Adi Dassler

Quite clearly his dislike of Hearts has shown him up here.

I'm assuming before he came up here his knowledge of Scottish football (like everyone else south of the border) was limited to mostly Celtic and Rangers. I presume he knew very little of Aberdeen post Ferguson. So what exactly have they achieved since he signed for Celtic?

The square root of nothing.

So why would Hartson claim they were the 3rd biggest club in Scotland were it not for the fact he had an agenda?

Nothing to do with the fact his Celtic team got kicked all over the park when up against Hearts teams of that era.

Ray Winstone

Quite clearly his dislike of Hearts has shown him up here.

I'm assuming before he came up here his knowledge of Scottish football (like everyone else south of the border) was limited to mostly Celtic and Rangers. I presume he knew very little of Aberdeen post Ferguson. So what exactly have they achieved since he signed for Celtic?

The square root of nothing.

So why would Hartson claim they were the 3rd biggest club in Scotland were it not for the fact he had an agenda?

Nothing to do with the fact his Celtic team got kicked all over the park when up against Hearts teams of that era.

How do you get to that conclusion?

We were always bullied out the game by Hartson, Sutton and Lennon.

Therapist

I remember the Hearts team of that era was so thuggish that, according to Fat John, our players resorted to punching themselves. :rolleyes:

jambonian

Aberdeen 3rd biggest......my erse!! Perhaps he should have done some research before making such a stupid comment like checking which club have the highest seasonal attendances every year, he'd have noticed Hearts continually have more at Tynie than they get at Pittodrie, pay more in wages and have won the Scottish Cup twice in the last 12 years. What have Aberdeen acheived? the sweet smell of feckall, typical ignorance from someone from down south...somewhere.

Therapist

The cod heads haven't won a major trophy for two decades.

They survived relegation due to the stadia rules.

They have to sell Pit Tawdry by March next year and have no new stadium to go to.

Hardly the profile of Scotland's third biggest club. I can only conclude the radiotherapy has fried Fat John's brain.

J.T.F.Robertson

My criteria when I judge the size of a club has nowt to do with trophies or league positions. I've always used support and the potential of that support as my measuring stick. In both categories, Hearts are, without doubt, the third largest.

FACT! rolleyes.gif

Harry Palmer

Hartson is a ******.

That is all I have to say on this matter.

Thank you.

Nucky Thompson

Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden in 1996, Hearts filled 3/4 of the stadium and the sheep couldn't even fill their 1/4. Aye the sheep are the 3rd biggest right enough :lol:

rudi must stay

Who cares what he thinks?

he gets paid to say what he thinks so someone must. I think he's just saying it to get a reaction tbh, last day of the season having to watch a game with nothing at stake is probably the perfect time to do that.

Guest Atticus

Hartson was ill so we are not allowed to slag the big man

Hartson is a mutant and he is talking pish as per usual

heartsfc_fan

Indeed the "3rd biggest team in scotland" only managed 6,000 people in their last home game :whistling:

colinmaroon

Remind me!!!

What action did the GFA take?

davemclaren

Remind me!!!

You're a bitter man Colin. :rolleyes:

Remind me!!!

They allowed him to continue playing , having never issuing him with either a yellow or red card , the GFA can`t be any fairer than that whistling.gif

Spellczech

Who cares about the tag "third" biggest in Scotland?...I find this debate embarassing every time it rears its head. "arite doll see me and my 11 mates here? well I've got the third biggest sausage of us all!!!! What d'you think of that then?"

Nucky Thompson

Who cares about the tag "third" biggest in Scotland?...I find this debate embarassing every time it rears its head. "arite doll see me and my 11 mates here? well I've got the third biggest sausage of us all!!!! What d'you think of that then?"

Better than having the smallest sausage of all :whistling:

I hate John Hartson.

No you don't. He's a decent man.

You just remember that "men against boys" team that stomped all over us for a couple of seasons. Nobody in the press ever went overboard about a "big physical Celtic team" if I remember....just a typical O'Neill side.

linkin- hearts

Better than having the smallest sausage of all :whistling:

Oi leave me out of it!;)

Especially if half of your mates are female

Buffalo Bill

Hartson bases his comments not on sheep's contribution to Scottish football in the last 20 years, or their 15,000 empty seats at Pittodrie for home matches - but on the way Aberdeen cosy up to Celtic fans in their mutual hatred of Rangers.

Look at the way the highly embarrassing 'Red (cough) Ultras' sucked up to Celtic fans with their Jock Stein banner.

Both clubs make me want to puke.

Hartson bases his comments not on sheep's contribution to Scottish football in the last 20 years, or their 15,000 empty seats at Pittodrie for home matches - but on the way Aberdeen cosy up to Celtic fans in their mutual hatred of Rangers.

Look at the way the highly embarrassing 'Red (cough) Ultras' sucked up to Celtic fans with their Jock Stein banner.

Both clubs make me want to puke.

Surely we can join in any hatred of Rangers too?

(That's a bit inconsistent with my normal theme that the word "hate" in a football context is generally misplaced)

Is it not the case that the friction between Aberdeen and Rangers is entirely football-related (notorious tackle), and nothing to do with sectarianism? The contorted logic seems to be that because an Aberdeen player once perpetrated an outrageous tackle on a Rangers player, Aberdeen are hereby guilty of being Celtic-minded. Though what any of that has to do with Hearts also defeats me, since we have no "natural" or "cultural" preference for either of the OF.

The constant and utterly bizarre use of the terms sheep and sheep (found only on Kickback, I would guess) feed into others' perceptions that we are Rangers-lite.

Maybe you don't mind that?

Buffalo Bill

Surely we can join in any hatred of Rangers too?

(That's a bit inconsistent with my normal theme that the word "hate" in a football context is generally misplaced)

Is it not the case that the friction between Aberdeen and Rangers is entirely football-related (notorious tackle), and nothing to do with sectarianism? The contorted logic seems to be that because an Aberdeen player once perpetrated an outrageous tackle on a Rangers player, Aberdeen are hereby guilty of being Celtic-minded. Though what any of that has to do with Hearts also defeats me, since we have no "natural" or "cultural" preference for either of the OF.

The constant and utterly bizarre use of the terms sheep and sheep (found only on Kickback, I would guess) feed into others' perceptions that we are Rangers-lite.

Maybe you don't mind that?

The Rangers-lite thing doesn't bother me, no but that's not to say I endorse it or promote it by way of highlighting anything I've written on this thread.

My dislike for Rangers is very strong, but I confess they rank only fourth on my list behind CFC, AFC and HFC; seeing as you're asking.

The Celtic/Aberdeen thing is a result, all be it borne indirectly from the Aberdeen/Rangers fued, which goes back before the Simpson tackle on Durrant.

The cod heads haven't won a major trophy for two decades.

They survived relegation due to the stadia rules.

They have to sell Pit Tawdry by March next year and have no new stadium to go to.

Hardly the profile of Scotland's third biggest club. I can only conclude the radiotherapy has fried Fat John's brain.

I really wish you would stop talking crap about things you have no real understanding of.

If you want to make money gambling just watch the SPL coverage on ESPN.

When Colin Hendry gets asked who he thinks will win immediately chuck money on the other team to win.

I don't think he has got a prediction correct all season.

grumpyjambo

From today's Construction Now,

RESIDENTIAL ? TEN UNITS OR MORE

<LI>Applicant: Aberdeen Football Club

Planning Authority: Aberdeen

Details: Proposed residential development comprising circa 350 town houses, duplex units and apartments (including demolition of existing stadium and ancillary buildings)

Location: Pittodrie Stadium Land North of Pittodre Street,Land North of Park Road,Aberdeeen

Agent: Halliday Fraser Munro, Carden Church 6 Carden Place, Aberdeen

Telephone No: n/a

If you want to make money gambling just watch the SPL coverage on ESPN.

When Colin Hendry gets asked who he thinks will win immediately chuck money on the other team to win.

I don't think he has got a prediction correct all season.

this

hendry is the worst tipster ever, i'm only accepting tips from john higgins from now on.

jamboinglasgow

Details: Proposed residential development comprising circa 350 town houses, duplex units and apartments (including demolition of existing stadium and ancillary buildings)

Location: Pittodrie Stadium Land North of Pittodre Street,Land North of Park Road,Aberdeeen

interesting, they are still trying to get the new stadium through. I would be interesting to see how the council will be if they put any money into the new stadium considering the financial mess that the council is in. It feels like a gamble by AFC.

I really wish you would stop talking crap about things you have no real understanding of.

So the shareholders' vote at the EGM didn't really happen and it's all a figment of my imagination? :rolleyes:

interesting, they are still trying to get the new stadium through. I would be interesting to see how the council will be if they put any money into the new stadium considering the financial mess that the council is in. It feels like a gamble by AFC.

Aberdeen Council has a massive budget deficit - they are poorer than a city populated by church mice. :thumbsup:

They have no funds to put into a stadium for the cod heads, and even if they did it would soon be stopped once the Aberdeen-based fans of Rangers FC start to fire in formal objections. :rofl:

Nelly Terraces

Crowds of 6 thou in a 30k seater stadium would be a laugh mind you

Hartson obviously has some kind of mental problems. Taffy ******.

No you don't. He's a decent man.

You just remember that "men against boys" team that stomped all over us for a couple of seasons. Nobody in the press ever went overboard about a "big physical Celtic team" if I remember....just a typical O'Neill side.

In all honesty, you are partly right, I don't "hate" John Hartson. I "hate" him just as much as I "hate" Craig Burley, Ally McCoist, Anton Rogan, Peter Grant, Neil Lennon, Jamie McAllister, Steve Kirk and any other human being that I have never met in my life. I "hate" him due to his performances against Hearts, a dirty player, fouling constantly and I may be imagining it but I always felt he had a very low opinion of our club and was vocal about it.

Football, as you are very aware, is a very tribal sport, I "hate" everybody that is not with us.

Is "hate" the right word? Do I really "hate" them? Nah, but it feels right from a distance.

The People's Chimp

Guess who'll be making a very tidy profit on the 350 properties? Yip, you guessed it, Whigfield himself. Meanwhile the mugs at heavily in debt aberdeen city council will fund the white elephant out of town stadium meaning they alienate, even further, their already had enough fanbase.

More successful by one domestic trophy but i wouldn`t say thats enough to earn them 3rd biggest side. If you took every aspect Hearts have had more top two finishes, undoubtedly a bigger support and overall have the 3rd best collective record in the historical league table.

While we haven`t won enough trophies for a club our size we`ve beyond doubt proved to be a more consistent side than any other outside the Old Squirm throughout history. (in terms of league performance).

In all honesty, you are partly right, I don't "hate" John Hartson. I "hate" him just as much as I "hate" Craig Burley, Ally McCoist, Anton Rogan, Peter Grant, Neil Lennon, Jamie McAllister, Steve Kirk and any other human being that I have never met in my life. I "hate" him due to his performances against Hearts, a dirty player, fouling constantly and I may be imagining it but I always felt he had a very low opinion of our club and was vocal about it.

Football, as you are very aware, is a very tribal sport, I "hate" everybody that is not with us.

Is "hate" the right word? Do I really "hate" them? Nah, but it feels right from a distance.

Can't and wouldn't disagree with any of that mate. A lot of it was an act for Hartson when he was playing. He got off on being disliked and abused. Seems to have mellowed a lot now. Amazing what a life-threatening illness can do to you in the humility stakes.......

How is that exactly? On what basis? Support? Recent trophies?

He normally talks a bit of sense but nah. Not this time ginge.

Give the man ( pratt ) a break he has Brain Cancer :whistling:

Archived