Inverness CT Promoted

AppleTarts

Just noticed Dundee lost tonight so ICT are officially up thumbsup.gif

Thoughts?

A small glass of sherry at the away game when it comes!

whistling.gif

Good news.

Winston Ingram

Can only concur. Brilliant news for the social calendar!!!

One potential downside: seem to remember JJ having a brutal record up there when with Killie!

But, for the meantime- ROLL ON JOHNNY FOXES!!

I look forward to the return of Friday nights in Cactus Jaks!

We went there one night, I thought it was just a pub :rolleyes: I dont want to see females dancing on the bar

I like Johnny Foxes tho...

Frankenstein Jambo.

Inverness is one the places I have not visited in scotland so will enjoy that when it comes....

Buffalo Bill

Well done to them. First time in years a team has bounced straight back up?

Inverness is one the places I have not visited in scotland so will enjoy that when it comes....

Must be one of the coldest grounds tho... :blink:

what's the odds we get them twice at home and play the away game midweek?

i'll ****ing kill someone if that happens.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Well done to them. First time in years a team has bounced straight back up?

Didn't Motherwell go down and come straight back up again a few years back???

I'd suggest a team that plays in green has bounced straight back after that.

what's the odds we get them twice at home and play the away game midweek?

i'll ****ing kill someone if that happens.

Oi,banish those thoughts.A weekend game at the start of the season.Oh yes!

The temperature might even hit double figures!

i'm slightly more concerned with the drink count reaching double figures....

cough. before the train arrives in inverness.

delighted they're up - interesting also to see Bobby Geddes play in goals for Dundee tonight... at 49 years young!!!

Just noticed Dundee lost tonight so ICT are officially up :thumbsup:

Thoughts?

Nice may they dundee sc-m bags just go away and die, i hate them and always will

What ... minus ten in August? It's a possibility up there!

don't think Motherwell have been relegated for many years. sadly.

don't think Motherwell have been relegated for many years. sadly.

Pretty sure he's thinking of the time that Motherwell finished bottom under Butcher in 2003 (I think) but were saved from relegation due to the fact that Falkirk were denied entry into the SPL because their stadium didn't meet the requirements (10,000 capacity).

Pretty sure he's thinking of the time that Motherwell finished bottom under Butcher in 2003 (I think) but were saved from relegation due to the fact that Falkirk were denied entry into the SPL because their stadium didn't meet the requirements (10,000 capacity).

forgot about that. am pretty sure Motherwell's last relegation was the very early 80s? sadly.

As an Embra exile living in Inverness, ill be there a couple a times next season then. :thumbsup:

Hopefully establishing themselves as a proper SPL club will stop plonkers up here supporting the infirm.

Guest juvehearts

what are the odds that dundee & the remaning other 4 teams in their slots are also promoted & a radical shake up of the Scottish leagues are formed with the SPL & SFL reverting back into SFA control & every-one gets along <_<

Dumfries on a wed night anyone??

juve

Inspector Rex

I'd suggest a team that plays in green has bounced straight back after that.

Dunfermline did it the season after the tramps, and it seems that was the last one.

Well done Inverness ........ :)

well done to john mcglynn and Raith as well hopefully thats enough points for them to stay in 1st division.. ;)

Well done Inverness ........ smile.gif

well done to john mcglynn and Raith as well hopefully thats enough points for them to stay in 1st division.. wink.gif

My sentiments as well .thumbsup.gif

WeeToonJambo

Must be one of the coldest grounds tho... :blink:

That's the only problem I have. Howling gales that, to paraphrase Graham Rix, "Even Barcelona couldn't play in that wind", and freezing cold. I remember a 0 - 0 draw (there were a few of them) when, every time Craig Gordon kicked the ball, it ended up in the main stand. I've never felt so cold at a game as I did that day. Having driven 6 hours to get there then 6 hours to get home again I said, "Never again". Of course the following season I was there again, another 0 - 0 and freezing cold with howling gales. Despite all that, congratulations to Inverness and, Yes, I'll be there again.

The Real Maroonblood

Just noticed Dundee lost tonight so ICT are officially up :thumbsup:

Thoughts?

Great news.

Albert Kidd GIRUY. :lol:

Nookie Bear

Many congrats to Inverness. Don't mind them as a club.

That's my problem with them - I have no feeling towards them of hate or love, although I think they got all Tartan Army on us after Miko worked his Hampden magic.

Would have preferred Dundee: bigger game, bigger away crowd at Tynie, more 'banter', more chance of a decent atmosphere

gorgie twins

Really glad Inverness are back up!! Absolutely love Inverness away trips just hope we get them when the warmer weather is still here!!! :P

Ray Winstone

I think there is still a 12am curfew in force in Inverness.

Meaning you can't get in anywhere after 12am so you have to pick a place and stay put.

BoJack Horseman

I think there is still a 12am curfew in force in Inverness.

Meaning you can't get in anywhere after 12am so you have to pick a place and stay put.

So glad the 2am curfew was lifted in Aberdeen. If my memory serves, you're a doorman up here. Glad you don't have to turn punters away now?

Ray Winstone

So glad the 2am curfew was lifted in Aberdeen. If my memory serves, you're a doorman up here. Glad you don't have to turn punters away now?

It has certaily made life a little easier.

The curfew was pointless because all it did was create a load of pi$$ed off punters at 2am and then at 3am when the clubs emptied as normal you had the exact same problem as you had before the curfew came into force.

It also encouraged people to stay in one place and drink more - there was no reason to get fresh air or sober up slightely between pubs and clubs.

From a social point of view - good times, however let's stick to a football point of view if I may

Inverness Caledonian Thistle offer the square root of feck all to what is already a poor league.

The likelihood is that we are going to lose a Killie, St Mirren or Falkirk and gain an ICT.

In the case of ICT, it is miles away, their stadium is a complete and utter dump and they have next to zero fans.

How, I ask can this be "good"?

willie wallace

Would have preferred Dundee.Bigger team,better crowds,easier to to get to away games and more importantly a bit of an edge to the games.Inverness matches do not hold the same appeal for me.

Mikey Gardiner

Would have preferred Dundee.Bigger team,better crowds,easier to to get to away games and more importantly a bit of an edge to the games.Inverness matches do not hold the same appeal for me.

Dundee would have been a much better atmosphere and it is less of a trek. I feel it would be a tougher game against Dundee too.

heartsfc_fan

From a social point of view - good times, however let's stick to a football point of view if I may

Inverness Caledonian Thistle offer the square root of feck all to what is already a poor league.

The likelihood is that we are going to lose a Killie, St Mirren or Falkirk and gain an ICT.

In the case of ICT, it is miles away, their stadium is a complete and utter dump and they have next to zero fans.

How, I ask can this be "good"?

Fair point

I am delighted about Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club coming up.

I hope that over the next few seasons we also get Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers up.

That's seven (nine if you count caley & aberboak) teams from the east of Scotland. :whistling:

Apart from the two in brackets as well that's some easy away games for transport too. :thumbsup:

I don't really care much for any of the teams (well Caley will always have a space in my heart) but would be nice to lose Killie, Falkirk, St. Mirren & Kilmarnock. :thumbsup:

I am delighted about Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club coming up.

I hope that over the next few seasons we also get Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers up.

That's seven (nine if you count caley & aberboak) teams from the east of Scotland. :whistling:

Apart from the two in brackets as well that's some easy away games for transport too. :thumbsup:

I don't really care much for any of the teams (well Caley will always have a space in my heart) but would be nice to lose Killie, Falkirk, St. Mirren & Kilmarnock. :thumbsup:

Do you hate them that much :whistling:

Great to see ICT come back up at the first attempt. Away trips to Inverness are the best in the SPL without a doubt.

Apart from the whole day out, there's something special about the location of their stadium. The Moray firth behind the main stand, the Kessock bridge along the opposite touchline and the view of that huge hill towering above the stand opposite where the away fans sit. It must have the most spectacular backdrop of any stadium in the UK.

Makes a change from visiting places like Darkheid and Fir Park.

Do you hate them that much :whistling:

No! They're actually the only ones on the list that I don't really have anything for.

I just wish they had something to play for other than mid table mediocrity.

With the exception of St. Johnstone every single team in the bottom six needs a solid boot up the arse. It's just unlucky for S. J that the arse fell out of hibs' season a bit later than usual.

Archived