Livingston are

Brian Fantana

Quite simply the most cynical, bitty, frustrating team I've seen at Tynecastle in a long time. 

Every time the play was stopped the ball would be touched away or carried away for a few steps. Keeper time-wasting in the first half, changing throw in takers etc. It was in no way responsible for us not winning the game but it was utterly infuriating to watch. The way Holt and his assistant celebrated at full time you could see 0-0 was job done to them. 

Really hope we pump them rotten the next time we meet. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian Fantana

• Jammy T

• Seymour M Hersh

• tcjambo

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Quite simply the most cynical, bitty, frustrating team I've seen at Tynecastle in a long time. 

Every time the play was stopped the ball would be touched away or carried away for a few steps. Keeper time-wasting in the first half, changing throw in takers etc. It was in no way responsible for us not winning the game but it was utterly infuriating to watch. The way Holt and his assistant celebrated at full time you could see 0-0 was job done to them. 

They were all of these things.  

It worked, helped by us having an off day, so fair play to them. 

...a bit disco

They've mastered the art of anti-football.

Eye bleeding to watch on a regular basis, I would imagine.

ToadKiller Dog

Thought for the first 30mins they were good, in our faces first to every ball, they after that frustrated and played for a draw which they deserved. 

Don't like the way they play but they deserved the point. 

We didn't do enough. 

They were dirty. Leaving the boot in, time wasting from about 5 mins. They will take points off a lot of teams this season but there is no way they can keep that intensity up all season. We will do them at some point later on.

Seymour M Hersh

Hamilton Mk II. Route 1 and get in their faces anti-football team. Unfortunately only Jimmy Dunne stoood up to be counted today. At least they have the of early redemption on Wednesday in the cup. 

It was absolutely Airdrie in the 70s/80s. Ball in the air don’t let the other team play and waste time. Having said that, if we have to make 3 changes every time Uche is out we are in trouble?

Don't want to complain about them too much cos they got what they came for and fair play to them but ****ing hell. They're a league 1 team playing like every game is a cup final. Not sustainable and I can see them going back down. Horrible nightmare of a team to play against. 

Livingston are a version of the old Wimbledon, appalling to watch but punching miles above their weight. Taking a step back from how niggled I was at the game their commitment and effort today was impressive. I still wish there was a way that St Mirren, Hamilton and them could be relegated though. 

2 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

It was absolutely Airdrie in the 70s/80s. Ball in the air don’t let the other team play and waste time. Having said that, if we have to make 3 changes every time Uche is out we are in trouble?

I met Walter Kidd after the game and said exactly this , he agreed lol ? 

Just now, neilnunb said:

We knew exactly how they'd be. It was up to us to find ways to beat them, which we rarely looked like doing.

Completely agree. We score and that tactic becomes useless to them. We were ultimately responsible for not winning today but their gamesmanship constantly got me wound up. So job done on their parts I guess. 

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

We knew exactly how they'd be. It was up to us to find ways to beat them, which we rarely looked like doing.

Apart from missing a penalty and hitting the crossbar twice... 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Livingston are a version of the old Wimbledon, appalling to watch but punching miles above their weight. Taking a step back from how niggled I was at the game their commitment and effort today was impressive. I still wish there was a way that St Mirren, Hamilton and them could be relegated though. 

Unfortunately it looks like Dundee will go down and those three might be safe ?

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

At least one of the three have to stay up.  I’d rather it was them. 

Just now, campbell said:

Apart from missing a penalty and hitting the crossbar twice... 

Its a 90 minute match and those moments aside, it never felt like we were putting them under enough pressure.

They were fairly comfortable tbh and had their moments too.

Got to disagree with most here. Fair play to them. You have to scratch, bite and kick anything that moves to give them a chance. They dont have as good a quality as we do. 

If we go to Glasgow, we would do the same to hang onto a 0-0. We werent good enough today, simple as. I thought Livi really did well. 

Put in plenty effort, and youre in with a chance. Personally, I cant grudge them a point. We were so off the pace, all over the park. Poorest performance in a while, but Livi didnt give us a minutes peace

I agree totally but we should be able to rise above it. It’s poor to slaughter a teams style in my opinion. There is more than one way to win football matches.

1 minute ago, daftie said:

Got to disagree with most here. Fair play to them. You have to scratch, bite and kick anything that moves to give them a chance. They dont have as good a quality as we do. 

If we go to Glasgow, we would do the same to hang onto a 0-0. We werent good enough today, simple as. I thought Livi really did well. 

Put in plenty effort, and youre in with a chance. Personally, I cant grudge them a point. We were so off the pace, all over the park. Poorest performance in a while, but Livi didnt give us a minutes peace

I would agree with this.

1 minute ago, daftie said:

Agree.  You do what you have to, to win. 

Not criticising anyone on here moaning about them, you’re entitled to an opinion. 

But ive never been in the mindset to have a go at a team who take something off us. More inclined to look at our own shortcomings. 

We are the home team it's up to us to call the play Livi did exactly what I thought they would ( harry and scrap for every ball) they deserved their point, we were just off it today.

3 minutes ago, daftie said:

Exactly this, they have about 5 times less a budget than us. They scrapped for everything and it was up to us to match their fight and let our quality take over. We didnt do that.  They won the battle and deserved their point. 

I think the lesson from today is we are lightweight up front and may live to regret not bringing in a physically robust striker unril January.

Edited by tcjambo

4 minutes ago, daftie said:

I can't fault their work rate or their effort at all, they were very good value for their point when it came to the ball being in play. It's just all the rest of the antics that got my back up. 

The thing about today's game from a Livingstone perspective...

If one of my U9 players was caught offside as many times as Scott Robinson he'd have been hauled off..

Different game if Uche was playing, however we should have worked it out pretty quickly and adjusted. 

It’s what away teams should do, frustrate.

we did it last week and they have done it to us this week. Shite to watch but gets you points.

There was an incident in the 2nd half where they went flying in with 4 high tackles in a row and the ref ignored them all.  Ball then gets played up the park, we breathe on the defender and the whistle blows for a Livi free kick ???

Edited by Gashauskis9

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Sadly I doubt they’ll take a single point off Rangers or Celtic in Glasgow.

I agree no chance referees will allow them the sort of leniency Robertson allowed today. How number 45's yellow wasn't his 2nd is beyond me. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Different game if Uche was playing, however we should have worked it out pretty quickly and adjusted. 

It’s what away teams should do, frustrate.

we did it last week and they have done it to us this week. Shite to watch but gets you points.

Uche being out should not have had such a negative effect on the rest of them. 

Reminds me of Dumbarton being the first team to take points off of us in the Championship. Dug in and stymied us for a 0-0 result.

We did them 5-1 the nexts time we faced them. :jjyay:

Horrible to watch but tactically very astute. Choked out left hand side today but gave Smith as much of the ball as he wanted. Didn't close him down because they knew they didn't have to.

Captain Bubblebeard
44 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Thought for the first 30mins they were good, in our faces first to every ball, they after that frustrated and played for a draw which they deserved. 

Don't like the way they play but they deserved the point. 

We didn't do enough. 

Exactly this. We can’t swagger about expecting teams to lie down to us. Our start to the season has made us a scalp and we need to learn to deal with this. Hopefully the lesson sinks in quickly. Fair play to Livi - the better of two very poor teams in the first half for me.

34 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Its a 90 minute match and those moments aside, it never felt like we were putting them under enough pressure.

They were fairly comfortable tbh and had their moments too.

But your comment was we never looked like scoring I was merely pointing out that we came very close and on another day could have had a couple of goals, the penalty being the most obviously one. It was a poor performance but we’ve played worse and won 

...a bit disco
35 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

They will be nowhere near the relegation dog fight if they play like that every week.  Their back 3 were solid and they pressed really well.

Back 3?

Don't you mean 'back 8'?

49 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Livingston were brilliant today. Did exactly what they had to do.  Any chat of anti football is pure Hibs. Don’t expect that shite from hearts fans. 

There is a reason that Livingston struggle to break the 2,000 attendance mark, and it's because of watching shite like that every week.

It did the job as far as they're concerned though, and we won't be the only teams that will struggle to break them down.

They defended well and with two towering centre backs there was never likely to be much joy from crosses. I'm afraid we missed Uche to hold the ball up  and we had too many cute flicks that went to no one.

Can't grudge Livi the point but it's infuriating to watch.

They are *******s all over the pitch. Niggles, dives*, time wasting at every opportunity. A stronger referee might have booked more of their players mind.

*Although we had at least one today

Shock horror newly promoted team come to league leaders and do anything they can to avoid defeat!! That doesn't happen often eh?! We were pish and could've been playing still the now and no scored!