Soapy.....!

Section Q

Fantastic young player and already has years of experience for his age. Not many in his position can take the ball forward like he does. His insistence on the 50 yard diagonal pass though when a simple pass is the easier option is frustrating. Hope Levein finds an experienced centre half, (not ancient), to help him out.

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Thought he was very good yesterday. Him and Bobby for MOTM for me.

100% agree. Thought Souttar looked like a natural leader yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, Jambo Ell said:

100% agree. Thought Souttar looked like a natural leader yesterday. 

Amazing how we all see if differntly. I love Soapy but thought he had a shocker yesterday. Slowed play down and gave the ball away a lot. Whilst he's a good player he is too quiet for me to be captain. Naisy for me. Yesterday showed how much we need Berra, defense was all over the place without his leadership. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Hall said:

Amazing how we all see if differntly. I love Soapy but thought he had a shocker yesterday. Slowed play down and gave the ball away a lot. Whilst he's a good player he is too quiet for me to be captain. Naisy for me. Yesterday showed how much we need Berra, defense was all over the place without his leadership. 

We must have been at different matches 

chester copperpot
6 minutes ago, Hall said:

Yeah the lassie besides me thought he had a shocker too.

S'all about opinions thought I suppose.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Hall said:

Not a shocker but needs to use the ball before running into a cul-de-sac of players and losing it. Easy ball isnt always the best ball to open a defence so I know what he's trying to do, just needs a bit more accuracy at times.

Not helped in the slightest by hughes who simply isnt good enough no matter how many caps he has.

CloustonHMFC
25 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Gareth mcauley will hopefully be in soon to play beside him

I don’t understand this, we want another CH because Hughes is 38 and can’t play every game but folk want to sign McAuley who is also 38?

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I don’t understand this, we want another CH because Hughes is 38 and can’t play every game but folk want to sign McAuley who is also 38?

Think its a bit short sighted by some fans so hopefully we are looking at more than just 1 target.

Thought he done not too bad but heart was in my mouth when he went on a wee mazy late on and lost the ball in their half and they broke away.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

At our level of football rarely will you get immaculate performance every single week. Berra is an exceptional player we can't beat up on others because he is injured. 

Was great yesterday, but I really wish he would stop thundering passes at players 10/20 yards in front of him.  Uche and MacLean struggles to get them under control.

Dr Ian Malcolm

We had no width and he often had zero options in front of him. Combination of lack of movement and Dunfermline doing really well to press and squeezed us made them difficult to break down. Souttar played well.

been here before

A bit too quiet to be captain for me. I like my captains to be natural leaders, shouters who drive players on and who lead by example. A figurehead if you will.

Im not sure Naismith is the answer either as Im not sure what the armband would change about him or the other players view of him.

As the old cliche goes you should have 11 captains on the pitch.

As for Souters recent displays he's been solid enough. Berra being missing now could and should be the making of him. Those 2 or 3 adventurous runs he has with the ball each game- very McPhersonesque.

fabienleclerq

I like souttar but thought he misplaced several diagonals yesterday. Maybe he was told to play the ball into those positions and others weren't there for it. 

Our midfield never really took the ball of the defence too often and didn't look comfortable being pressed.

3 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Best player we have on the books at this time and will just keep on getting better

I love soapy but we need 2 centre backs Now. 

Thought Police
25 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

Just off centre but.. perhaps the  keeper  could be handed the captaincy until the skipper returns

Why? Souttar is our longest serving player and knows what the club is about

7 hours ago, Hall said:

The game is all about opinions ?

Wouldnt be surprised if Naismith captains us st some point. 

He was ok yesterday but as said previously his distribution was slow. Whether he was looking for options and movement rather than punt hopefull balls forward I’m not sure. 

Bazzas right boot

Boy is sexy as ****.

His wife is a very lucky lady.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

I thought he had a great game yesterday.  He made one really bad error.  It didn't cost us! 

Some idiot behind me kept carping at him "yer no Beckenbaur".  He's a young aspiring captain and I hope we are lucky to have him for many years.  Maybe if he becomes the next 'Beckenbaur' we can make loads of money out of him.

I remember Zaliukas made several bomb scare errors in loads of matches. How did he fare as captain?  Won us the Cup!

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Souttar is going to make us a fortune one day.

I expect Jose to be on the phone in the morning after watching united today.

Whitburn Hearts

In the English sun today in Tenerife there's a wee snippet saying Wigan are looking at a loan to buy worth 2.5 M .

Make of it what you will 

willie wallace

Soutar looks like the only one who can carry the ball from the back. Not many options as he came forward due to our lack of movement and a really well organised Dunfermline side.

Someone has to take on the defenders In this type of situation and create some space but did not happen yesterday.

Surely when Soutar makes these runs someone drops into his position and covers for him.

8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I expect Jose to be on the phone in the morning after watching united today.

Wigan. 

20 hours ago, Hall said:

Naismith doesn't need an armband to bark out the orders or offer advice

I think Naismith is a great player and a natural leader.  He would also be a great captain.  Problem is that he is a loan player. 

I don't think many teams would make a player on loan their captain!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Suspect the captaincy and a strong chance of a Scotland cap soon will boost his value. No brainer to give him the captaincy. Look at what we have. Mature 21 year old playing for his country and captaining his club. Worth millions

letsalldothebeattie

An excellent talent who I’m delighted we brought into the club. His development as a player since coming in has been amazing and fully deserving of the armband for the time Berra is out. Just hope he finally gets capped by Scotland soon by far our best option at CB going forward. 

Has been called up for the Scotland 21’s which I assume means that he has not been selected for the main squad which is ridiculous. Wonder which centre half’s have been picked considering McKenna and Berra are both out injured and that Hendry has been rotten.

36 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Has been called up for the Scotland 21’s which I assume means that he has not been selected for the main squad which is ridiculous. Wonder which centre half’s have been picked considering McKenna and Berra are both out injured and that Hendry has been rotten.

Jack Hendry is absolutely brutal - genuinely despair for the state of the national team in 3-4 years time with McLeish in charge.

No surprise there. Berra wasn’t called up to the last squad, and he is the best CB currently available to Scotland by an enormous distance.

37 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Jack Hendry is absolutely brutal - genuinely despair for the state of the national team in 3-4 years time with McLeish in charge.

He capped Lewis Stephenson ffs.  I mean he is clearly a good pro as the number of games and years service to that lot will show but ffs he is utter dug meat.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Got to be Hanlon and MacGregor

12 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Got to be Hanlon and MacGregor

I fear you are correct.

Mulgrew and Hendry were his choice last time and they are the only fit CH’s that have been in the last 2 squads.

Mulgrew was terrible in the last 2 Scotland games and Hendry was terrible in the last 2 Celtic games. 

Berra and McKenna would have a strong shout if fit but they are not.

Tierney can play as a LCH in a three, but that still means you need at least one more central defender as back up.

The full list of people who could be ahead of him that I can think of (including semi ridiculous suggestions included only because they have played before) would be:

Martin (past it)

Broadfoot (very much past it)

Porteous (good prospect but behind Souttar in development and also in U-21 squad)

So that must mean one or both of the Hibs pairing are going in to the squad. 

Unless I am forgetting someone who is based in England or he’s gone fully mad and is picking someone like Ziggy Gordon?

Edit: Liam Lindsay would be a good shout actually! Was at a similar level to Souttar before he went to Barnsley. 

Haven’t seen him play since but he’s the only one who could justifiably come in ahead of him (if he has been playing really well).

Edited by BigC