• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brave Hearts

• campbell

• Francis Albert

• Tommy Brown

Top Posters In This Topic

PeterintheRain

Every ticket has been sold, therefore it is sold out.   We've been through this before. 

In  the USA they have (or used to have) strict rules on broadcasting games in their local TV markets. The phrase used is "subject to blackout". This is to encourage people to go to the actual stadium to watch.  However when the match is sold out they allow a local broadcast. The definition off sold out was never every ticket sold and every seat occupied as that would be insane.  Sold out means 95% or above of tickets have been sold regardless of whether the purchaser attends the match.

Since it's that time of year again you could watch the Tattoo.  They'll announce every ticket as being sold but there will still be empty seats in the stands most nights. 

1 minute ago, PeterintheRain said:

Every ticket has been sold, therefore it is sold out.   We've been through this before. 

In  the USA they have (or used to have) strict rules on broadcasting games in their local TV markets. The phrase used is "subject to blackout". This is to encourage people to go to the actual stadium to watch.  However when the match is sold out they allow a local broadcast. The definition off sold out was never every ticket sold and every seat occupied as that would be insane.  Sold out means 95% or above of tickets have been sold regardless of whether the purchaser attends the match.

Since it's that time of year again you could watch the Tattoo.  They'll announce every ticket as being sold but there will still be empty seats in the stands most nights. 

Settle down, im fully aware of how it works thank, that being said I don’t think the stadium was 95% full, I was also just asking if people thought it was due to season tickets being away etc or if there is a error with the ticketing system as people have reported issue with wrong seat being sold and wrong tickets being sent out 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

19.1k is official report which  does seem weird given it’s a sell out and our capacity is supposed to be around 20k mark

To some people it’s important, to some it’s not.

But a lot people have always been sceptical as to whether our capacity is really over 20,000?

With ongoing works and rejigs around the ground I don’t think the club have officially announced what it is yet.

17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

To some people it’s important, to some it’s not.

But a lot people have always been sceptical as to whether our capacity is really over 20,000?

With ongoing works and rejigs around the ground I don’t think the club have officially announced what it is yet.

I understand that I don’t think we will know for another 6/8 months, that said I was surprised at the empty seats in the lower sections of the main and Gorgie stand 

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Who ****ing cares. Heart of Midlothian 1 Celtic 0. That is all that matters today.

Keep up this form, we will have "sold out" at every home game.

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Who ****ing cares. Heart of Midlothian 1 Celtic 0. That is all that matters today.

this guy's got it right

Got to my seat today just before KO, and the wee man took unwell, had to take him home so that's 2 empty seats accounted for :pleased:

31 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Very true, I just followed us dot count over the week and was expecting to see it packed that’s all! Great win and well deserved, probably the most comfortable I have seen is against Celtic in years 

Massive chunk of empty seats in main stand towards gorgie , high up premium empty, chunk towards police box, and the usual that never seem to be filled in gorgie , couldn’t assess wheat field as I was in it. It shouldn’t really bother me but I’d love to see the ground full some time 

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

Massive chunk of empty seats in main stand towards gorgie , high up premium empty, chunk towards police box, and the usual that never seem to be filled in gorgie , couldn’t assess wheat field as I was in it. It shouldn’t really bother me but I’d love to see the ground full some time 

This has to be because they are not reallocating seats earmarked for hospitality / club use for sale to the public. Think Budgie needs to be looking into this with the ticket office! 

Clerry Jambo

My opinion for what it’s worth is we are trying to push hospitality which I understand is where we will make money. However I’m sure seats could have been sold to the punter but were being held back

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

My opinion for what it’s worth is we are trying to push hospitality which I understand is where we will make money. However I’m sure seats could have been sold to the punter but were being held back

It’s exactly that and needs addressed.

33 minutes ago, James1874f said:

H1b5 are playing tomorrow dot count that if your bored

Not 100% sure what you’re trying to imply but you can go take a long walk off a pier if you think im hibs or trolling, it was a honest question

Edited by campbell

Francis Albert

Don't understand why the unused hospitality seats in the Gorgie Stamd were not released.

Or indeed why more effort wasn' t made to sell gorgie suite hospitality.

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

We dont make much money from unsold hospitality

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't understand why the unused hospitality seats in the Gorgie Stamd were not released.

Or indeed why more effort wasn' t made to sell gorgie suite hospitality.

I agree.  I understand there has to be a balancing act and we were maybe hoping to sell more hospitality places to fans desperate to get a ticket, but once the rest of the tickets had sold out, we should have started to release the unsold hospitality seats.  We could have done this in tranches, so that there were still some hospitality packages available.

3 hours ago, campbell said:

Not 100% sure what you’re trying to imply but you can go take a long walk off a pier if you think im hibs or trolling, it was a honest question

Had a few beers mate I apologise:)

Brave Hearts
6 hours ago, campbell said:

A lot of empty seats from tv cameras, is this season tickets on holiday or have the dot counters got it wrong? 

Crowd was over 19,100

What’s your point ??

What’s your problem ??

Guess by your observation about view from the TV that you were not there.......

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

True we're all having a party tonight but why was there so many seats not sold. It's not as if it was one here and there as there were full rows empty. What is going on.

1 minute ago, Brave Hearts said:

Crowd was over 19,100

What’s your point ??

What’s your problem ??

Guess by your observation about view from the TV that you were not there...….

I think it's a reasonable question. The game was supposed to be a sell-out and yet there were clearly hundreds of empty seats - many clustered together, which suggested the seats were not put up for sale to the public at all (as opposed to hospitality).

Clerry Jambo
Just now, stirlo said:

I think it's a reasonable question. The game was supposed to be a sell-out and yet there were clearly hundreds of empty seats - many clustered together, which suggested the seats were not put up for sale to the public at all (as opposed to hospitality).

this

Brave Hearts
1 minute ago, stirlo said:

Folk more interested in a few empty seats !!!

We have just beat the reigning Champions of Scotland !!!!

How pedantic some folk are ........

Celebrate this great victory .....

Rather than nit picking about empty seats .....

what is is football about ???

Winning games or filling all the seats ??

Personally, winning games is what it is all about over whether we had a few empty seats .....

9 minutes ago, stirlo said:

100% this. My son had an issue with his season ticket card so we had to go the ticket office 10 mins before the game to get it sorted out - people behind us in the queue tried to buy tickets and were told it was sold out. We sit in the main stand just behind the big empty block of what I presume are hospitality seats (which Hearts also said was sold out earlier this week). Very poor organisation and surely not difficult to sort out. 

Brave Hearts
6 hours ago, magicTs said:

More likely the ticket office are incompetent to be honest and are not feeling all available tickets.

How are the tickets office incompetent if folk with season tickets or even bought tickets don’t  actually turn up to the game on the day ?????

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Brave Hearts said:

How are the tickets office incompetent if folk with season tickets or even bought tickets don’t  actually turn up to the game on the day ?????

The attendance reported is tickets sold not bums on seats. So the question is why were tickets sold about 900 fewer than our claimed capacity. Not a trivial number.

Silvery_Moon

We had in excess of 19,300 twice against Hibs last season and since then we have made more seats available for sale. Definitely seems like some seats have been held back for whatever reason. 

Brave Hearts
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The attendance reported is tickets sold not bums on seats. So the question is why were tickets sold about 900 fewer than our claimed capacity. Not a trivial number.

Season ticket holders on holiday or not turning up for whatever reason ??????

Francis Albert
Just now, Brave Hearts said:

Season ticket holders on holiday or not turning up for whatever reason ??????

They are counted in the announced attendance

Brave Hearts
8 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Strange folks ? if empty seats are your first thoughts in posting after beating Celtic at Tynie.

Spot on !!!!

Edited by Brave Hearts

Clerry Jambo

If the attendance is 19,100 tickets sold, there is no danger the capacity is near 20K

Not that I care, but these are the facts!

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Quit a lot of season ticket holders will be on holidays. Schools still off.

This.  In addition, a lot of parents, like me, don’t subject our kids to those verminous ****s.

Brave Hearts

We have just had a 1-0 victory over the reigning champions of Scotland with a crowd of 19,100

A few years ago we got beat by the victims 7-0 in Scottish Cup with a crowd of 10,636.

Massive turnaround in the result ............

Massive increase in the attendance .......

Some folk seem to have a non-football agenda against our club.....

Jambof3tornado

Its the grouped together seats in the new stand that stand out (pardon the pun).

As for comments about 1st thing to talk about after beating celtic again I'm sure posters can manage to post on multiple threads. 

45 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Clearly some ST holders will always be missing. That’s got nothing to do with several areas in Hearts stands (Main Stand and Gorgie) where blocks of seats were empty and had nothing to do with ST seats. They were clearly withheld for hospitality or the clubs own use which is pretty ridiculous when there was no tickets available to the public by yesterday evening. It should be looked at for the future and rectified. 

Edited by magicTs

Brave Hearts
5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Clearly some ST holders will always be missing. That’s got nothing to do with several areas in Hearts stands (Main Stand and Gorgie) where blocks of seats were empty and had nothing to do with ST seats. They were clearly withheld for hospitality or the clubs own use which is pretty ridiculous when there was no tickets available to the public by yesterday evening. It should be looked at for the future and rectified. 

Glad at least some of us are happy and celebrating that we won today with a great victory............

but but but but a few seats were empty .........................

queensferryjambo
6 hours ago, John Findlay said:

THIS 100%

If there was empty seats then some Hearts fans missed out on a famous victory.

heartsfc_fan

I wonder if those unsold ones in the upper part of the main stand were originally planned for the second floor/sky bar hospitality. If Hearts can't sell them why not flog them as the premium seats? They would've sold them as ordinary seats today. Same goes for the back of the Gorgie - about 100 odd empty there.

50 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If the attendance is 19,100 tickets sold, there is no danger the capacity is near 20K

Not that I care, but these are the facts!

Close enough.