Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Trotters Independent Traders do it again. Utterly inspired.

No Mitchell back,  he's got a gammy knee, Sammon is cack, but not on JKB....

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Colin Cameron was signed for £400,000! He was a star for Raith Rovers - a key part of the side who'd beaten Celtic to win the League Cup and taken the lead away to Bayern Munich. And they weren't a lower league side, they were 6th in the Premier. Neil McCann was a of a similar stature (not just height-wise) - albeit at more lowly Dundee.

This, in fact JJ intercepted McCann on his way to sign for Austria Vienna at edinburgh airport IIRC

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Squad player it says in the article. 

My Inverness pal was gutted he could be leaving in December.  Hardly exciting or worthy of ridicule unless people think they know better than the legendary Robbo. 

OG from the lynch mob

Funny how opinions differ, I know a good few Inverness season ticket holders who have seen plenty of the guy and they have all told me virtually the same thing, very fast, not very good technically and very little to no end product. Were amazed that Hearts had a look at him in December.

The Comedian
1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Levein et al have obviously seen enough when he was training with us to think he has development potential. Again add depth to the squad in an area we are lacking. Billy King was never going to hold down a starting position for us but was more than useful on occasion when called upon, Mulraney could be equally as useful while maybe developing over a year or two. Does anyone really think he is being viewed as a regular starter initially?

Levein must see something Robbo doesn't because he's not playing regularly.

He won't be a regular starter no, the feeling is he never will be so what's the point? He's 22, we binned Billy King who has played more games and scored more goals.

Edited by The Comedian

HeartofHartley

I'll be amazed/astonished if Hearts go for this guy over Templeton. 

An offer needs to be made to Temps at least if they want any chance of building a squad capable of challenging for top 3. 

Instead we get squad players to come off the bench when we don't even have an 11 good enough to warrant extra squad players.

fabienleclerq

Ive barely seen him tbh but you don't have to be maradona to be effective in this league.

Hibs have proved you can take pretty average players with certain attributes and make an effective unit, Boyle and Bartley spring to mind.

Ill wait and see.

1 hour ago, bistokid said:

Indeed, but you can't blame people for fearing the worst. 3/9 of our mooted signings don't appear to improve us.

Experienced striker for bench. Unknown quantity from down south but has scored goals at Cambridge and and experienced winger in the SPL. How do these guys not improve us?

Independence
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

???

**** off Hearts. 

Deary, deary  me KB  gets worse and if you want the definition of a H1b5 infiltrator ...this is it. Telling your own team to ..off, how low can you get? 

Edited by Independence

Independence
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Experienced striker for bench. Unknown quantity from down south but has scored goals at Cambridge and and experienced winger in the SPL. How do these guys not improve us?

Shhhhh. The CL haters are loving this. 

Just now, Independence said:

Ah sorry. I'll get back to burying my head in the sand.

Pele_Is_God

He’s a hothead with no end product. Yes he’s fast but all the defenders in this league has him sussed out. ICT definitely getting the better deal should this go ahead.

TheAntiHibee
3 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

He’s a hothead with no end product. Yes he’s fast but all the defenders in this league has him sussed out. ICT definitely getting the better deal should this go ahead.

:berra:

6 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Sounds like an ideal signing for us.

HeartofHartley
7 minutes ago, Independence said:

What's CL done season to deserve love? 

What is the point in signing a player that isn't a stand out from a lower league team? 

The state Hearts are on the pitch is clearly not an issue for CL. Disgrace.

Bazzas right boot

Shrewd bit of business from our commander in chief.

Beith who has no future leaving for nothing and no club willing to pay a fee, so instead of nothing, nada- we get a young player, compliments from none less than our own John.

A player that is of low risk, will be happy to be used as a sub, not cost much but gives us an option were we have been incredibly short lately.

Craig is just doing his stretches in the Transfer market atm,  can't wait until he starts his lunges and shuttle runs and really gets into the nitty gritty.

:clyay:

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

What's CL done season to deserve love? 

What is the point in signing a player that isn't a stand out from a lower league team? 

The state Hearts are on the pitch is clearly not an issue for CL. Disgrace.

:bolt:

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Ah sorry. I'll get back to burying my head in the sand.

There's no CL hatred here. I don't doubt we will do more significant business. However, it's not unreasonable to react to signings thus far. I'd suggest 0 of the 3 improve our first eleven. It's ok padding the squad out but the first 11 needs addressed. I'll caveat that Uche Ikpeazu is a bit of an unknown quantity. 

Going to wait till all the transfer business is done before I climb in my pram and throw out the toys. It's boring but that's the way I roll. 

This signing smacks of a player to be developed and a squad player initially. 

Pretty confident this will not be the level of signings we make throughout the window. 

Walter Bishop

Shambles. 

A 60 year old striker, a guy from Cambridge United, and a winger who cant get a game for ICT in first division. 

:facepalm:

2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

He was sent off on 27th January and has played 42 mins in total in their last 6 matches all of which he’s been in the squad.

He’s scored 2 goals all season. Not good enough for Hearts.

Agreed he hasnt played much recently. Has appeared in 21/34 league matches this season so not exactly a first pick. Martin Boyle scored 5 goals over the course of three seasons before joining Hibs. Would you take Boyle at Hearts? I would. 

Give guys a chance please before condemning them. 

1 minute ago, bistokid said:

There's no CL hatred here. I don't doubt we will do more significant business. However, it's not unreasonable to react to signings thus far. I'd suggest 0 of the 3 improve our first eleven. It's ok padding the squad out but the first 11 needs addressed. I'll caveat that Uche Ikpeazu is a bit of an unknown quantity. 

I understand folk being "underwhelmed" but I'm saving my level of whelm for when the window closes TBH. If our midfield still stinks worse than Seafield and we still have nae pace I'll be whinging with the best of em. Looking at the bench on Sunday Stevie Wonder can see McLean improves us. Ikpeazu, who knows but fingers crossed. Mulraney better than Amankwaa say? From what I've seen so far I'd be an improvement

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I am assumingthe "swap" is to nullify development fees.

While he may not be seen as a top signing he will be available to fill a position where we are seriously short.

Since Beith has not really been near the first team squad for some time we are losing nothing and maybe gaining something.

That’s the obvious conclusion. Nothing to report on this one. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Agreed he hasnt played much recently. Has appeared in 21/34 league matches this season so not exactly a first pick. Martin Boyle scored 5 goals over the course of three seasons before joining Hibs. Would you take Boyle at Hearts? I would. 

Give guys a chance please before condemning them. 

south morocco

Sounds like we are swapping one young lad who’d be released anyway for another to show what’s he’s capable of. Low risk deal, so many drama queens on here FFS ?

32 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Funny how opinions differ, I know a good few Inverness season ticket holders who have seen plenty of the guy and they have all told me virtually the same thing, very fast, not very good technically and very little to no end product. Were amazed that Hearts had a look at him in December.

Exactly what I just got texted from an ICT fan.  Fast but not very good.

Phil Dunphy
23 minutes ago, Independence said:

Deary, deary  me KB  gets worse and if you want the definition of a H1b5 infiltrator ...this is it. Telling your own team to ..off, how low can you get? 

:laugh:

You're a funny chap.

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

I ask the question again......we have been told that we would like to retain 4 loan players from this season. Are they 4 of the 'mystical' 9 or are the 9 in addition to those 4? In my view we need 4 or 5 starters in addition to those 4 to get anywhere near the top teams of this season so if they are part of the 9 and we already have 2 (if not 3 including this ICT guy) then that only leaves 2 more signings. If thats the case :rofl:

Got to think they are part of the 9. They are not our players for next season as things stand. 

heartmussel
9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Beith who has no future leaving for nothing and no club willing to pay a fee, so instead of nothing, nada- we get a young player, compliments from none less than our own John.

A player that is of low risk, will be happy to be used as a sub, not cost much but gives us an option were we have been incredibly short lately.

Craig is just doing his stretches in the Transfer market atm,  can't wait until he starts his lunges and shuttle runs and really gets into the nitty gritty.

Spot on?

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Only if we offered Beith a contract worth at least what he was on from his lack of contract. I find it hard to believe we made that offer. Not seen anyone suggesting we had.

By not offering Beith a contract we lose out on a fee. He wants to go to ICT. Robbo wants him. ICT in exactly the same position with Mulraney. Swap makes sense. Both clubs get something for nothing effectively. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He'll be rubbish. No doubt about it. Bookmark away if you want. Not too bothered though. Surely there's much better coming. 

21 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

You are too smart for this forum. 

Wishful thinking but could Ann have a big money announcement pending to get us out of this mess? Jersey sponsorship or something.

I'm getting really depressed here.

21 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Disagree. Think you  and all of us should be sensible and wait until we see what the squad looks like when the window closes before passing any judgement. 

I would imagine that he will not be on big wages and is not a huge gamble.  CL must feel he is worth a punt.  If it doesn”t work out it wont be a big deal.

Generally I like CL’s signings...but every now and then he signs a stinker.... could be another Kevin Twaddle!

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Time will tell. You could well be correct though not hearing many  Hearts fans upset that Beith has left. 

34 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Still no midfielders just sayin.....

Hopefully this is where the quality and marquee signings will be made. Because undoubtedly that is where we need it. 

2 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I think most fans would expect better than a signing Levein has said “can’t run” and is 35, another signing from Cambridge which is a “gamble” again in his words and a third potential signing who can’t get a game for Inverness.

3 signings out of your potential 8 mentioned that therefore don’t inspire any sort of confidence.

You are spot on, makes you wonder what to expect next.

Good stuff, has a chance to make it. Imagine he'll have a tough time but having the summer to get a preseason might spur him on. Rather than coming in, in jan he has a chance and no real pressure. 

We also need bodies in positions like winger so this seems a good move. If he's shite we still have Moore, Zanatta and Henderson. Plus Brandon to come back (ok rb, but could probably play further up)

2 hours ago, Hendricks said:

He's not taking my calls. In the cream puff after I called him out numerous times and was proven correct. Them's the breaks.

You'd think he'd be more appreciative of your sense of entitlement.

Captain Canada

I really don't understand this signing for a lot of reasons. If we're looking to improve on sixth place next season, I'd have thought we'd be shopping in a higher quality market than St J and Inverness. 

I know we need squad players but this signing could prevent the likes of Moore and Zanatta getting more game time. 

I bet teams such as Killie, Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic are setting their sights higher than us. I fear we'll be cut further adrift.