Allan McGregor on the move..to us ( rumour )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Callum Paterson is apparently on £10k a week plus a £10k bonus if they win!

No wonder Dr Funk’s dancing has got better. I’d be moonwalking the shit out of every goal I scored!

As others have said, I don’t blame Jon for looking at earning big dough in the Championship. He doesn’t have that long left in his career. He’s been good for us and we’ve been good for him. MacGregor would be a great signing for a year or two until we decide whether Hamilton can make it - I’m not convinced - or we look elsewhere. 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• HeartofHartley

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Escobar PHM
23 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm going for 105 and he may or may not sign for us....

Im a tiny wee bit ITK on this one. We approached Hull for a one year loan last summer. Allan was keen but Hull wouldn't let him go as they had 1 keeper injured and one looking like leaving at the same time. There has been no contact since (as of a couple of weeks ago that is) but he would come to Hearts if the deal was right. Its more about the length of the deal than the money apparently because his next club is his last. Thats from a relative of his to a mate of mine.

Edited by Escobar PHM

11 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Im a tiny wee bit ITK on this one. We approached Hull for a one year loan last summer. Allan was keen but Hull wouldn't let him go as they had 1 keeper injured and one leaving at the same time. There has been no contact since (as of a couple of weeks ago that is) but he would come to Hearts if the deal was right. Its more about the length of the deal than the money apparently because his next club is his last. Thats from a relative of his to a mate of mine.

Edited by Notts1874

HeartofHartley
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Had his contract been ripped up as planned he would have been here. FACT

His contract was never planned to be ripped up. I know you are knowledgeable about many a transfers but this one is utter nonsense I'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

His contract was never planned to be ripped up. I know you are knowledgeable about many a transfers but this one is utter nonsense I'm afraid. 

I fairly sure nobody has a clue about contracts ?

1 hour ago, Zico said:

No wonder Dr Funk’s dancing has got better. I’d be moonwalking the shit out of every goal I scored!

As others have said, I don’t blame Jon for looking at earning big dough in the Championship. He doesn’t have that long left in his career. He’s been good for us and we’ve been good for him. MacGregor would be a great signing for a year or two until we decide whether Hamilton can make it - I’m not convinced - or we look elsewhere. 

He was released by Burton - if anyone in the Championship thought he was any good you'd think he'd never have made it to Hearts.  Good luck to him in what he can get elsewhere but I don't get it with him.  And we're gonna replace him with McGregor ? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He was released by Burton - if anyone in the Championship thought he was any good you'd think he'd never have made it to Hearts.  Good luck to him in what he can get elsewhere but I don't get it with him.  And we're gonna replace him with McGregor ? 

I think they didn’t renew his contract because they had an experienced back up goalie, and wanted to use the money elsewhere. He was injured also so that maybe stopped other teams signing him. He’s said he’s not certain to leave but if he’s offered 3/4 times his wages with a 3/4 year contract who could blame him.

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I fairly sure nobody has a clue about contracts ?

Cant believe iv missed this fun tonight. I see weve morphed into ppl giving some credit before telling ppl they are talking pish ???

I read a statement from Jon just a few weeks ago saying how happy he was with us and we were helping him towards a possible Scotland call up.

That interview certainly did not convince me that he won't be staying.

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Heard he's a bit of a pussy and flaps at cross balls! ::troll::

Prone to the odd ******-up?

edit - it looks like the word for a male chicken is blocked, just to explain the pun.

Edited by Boris

chester copperpot

McGregor has not (yet) been offered a new deal at Hull and would be happy to stay as he likes it there.

Need to watch what I say however no mention of us being in touch since last year.

3fingersreid
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree it's not as bad as this ( first time I've seen it , incredible picture!!) , but have the balls to admit you  support the rivals of the team you now play for . It doesn't mean you won't be professional and be doing everything you can to beat them on the park .

Too Machiavellian for me , don't trust people like that .

HeartofHartley
7 hours ago, sadj said:

Cant believe iv missed this fun tonight. I see weve morphed into ppl giving some credit before telling ppl they are talking pish ???

Giving credit on other transfers and talking pish about this one yes. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I agree it's not as bad as this ( first time I've seen it , incredible picture!!) , but have the balls to admit you  support the rivals of the team you now play for . It doesn't mean you won't be professional and be doing everything you can to beat them on the park .

Too Machiavellian for me , don't trust people like that .

It’s not like we didn’t know he was a hibee, you’re right though Bain should’ve been man enough to tell them.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, neonjambo said:

I do like that the article was posted on the 19th of May.

Hadn’t noticed that ?

6 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

McGregor has not (yet) been offered a new deal at Hull and would be happy to stay as he likes it there.

Need to watch what I say however no mention of us being in touch since last year.

:cornette_dog:

Seriously, though, can't blame him. Hull can probably afford double whatever we could offer and that could just be to secure a back-up keeper. Could hardly blame him if he wanted to sit tight making grands a week to do very little. 

Tbh, I wouldn't be wanting to push the boat out too much for him. There are heaps of goalkeepers available that  could be a cheaper alternative.Gordon's future at Celtic looks to be under a question mark with them getting linked with Angus Gunn and Bain. Given Gordon missed so much of his career through injury I doubt he'd be willing to sit on Celtics bench when he could probably get his game for us.

• 1 month later...
Special Agent Dale Cooper

Yup, as is his prerogative. 

Onwards and upwards, on the goalkeeping front.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

It’s all about the money.

Could Rangers offer more than Hull City? 

Genuinely not sure.

18 minutes ago, JamboMarc said:

Close to signing for The Rangers according to today’s papers....

Just like big Laff was is it???

Heartsofgold
14 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Could Rangers offer more than Hull City? 

Genuinely not sure.

No but they can offer more than us and so he'll have less of a drop in income.  Note - I say offer, whether they are able to actually PAY him this amount ongoing remains to be seen.

letsalldothebeattie

Not really bothered. Would be a good signing if he came to us but wouldn’t lose sleep if he joins them lot. Still hopeful Big Jon will stay

ford donald
3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Not really bothered. Would be a good signing if he came to us but wouldn’t lose sleep if he joins them lot. Still hopeful Big Jon will stay

Not be coming here by the sounds of it.

Rangers aren't the only Scottish club to have made a contract offer. Make of that what you will. I expect todays news to be his agent trying to drum up interest. We seen this with Berra, Lafferty & Naismith before they signed for us. Make no mistake rangers are "interested and in talks" with everyone if papers are to be believed. 

We_are_the_Hearts

So we get offered Bain in the Winter and say no because we are getting MacGregor in the Summer. Now we lose MacGregor and Bain now going to Celtic. Jack Hamilton anyone? Lessons being learned!

30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Rangers aren't the only Scottish club to have made a contract offer. Make of that what you will. I expect todays news to be his agent trying to drum up interest. We seen this with Berra, Lafferty & Naismith before they signed for us. Make no mistake rangers are "interested and in talks" with everyone if papers are to be believed. 

Rangers weren’t interested in Lafferty nor Naismith we competed against lesser clubs.  This is a goal post changer and I hope there is a back up plan in place if hen goes to the huns.  

Tynecastlesmychurch
31 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Awwww Neil ya *******! Gonneh leave oor targets will yeh!

Hope to **** they go bust again soon. Would actually be quite amusing if a couple of players who signed for them over us we’re there when it happened too. Hopefully some of them have Houldsworth as an agent for even more chucks. :lol:

jack D and coke

If I was McGregor and I’d watched that game on Sunday I wouldn’t sign for us either. 

**** playing in teams with that little ambition. 

49 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Rangers weren’t interested in Lafferty nor Naismith we competed against lesser clubs.  This is a goal post changer and I hope there is a back up plan in place if hen goes to the huns.  

Gilks all over again!

Never mind "Jack was always going to be our No1 this season"...................................................

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Gilks all over again!

Never mind "Jack was always going to be our No1 this season"...................................................

Theres no danger that will happen.  We got lucky with Jon, extremely lucky.  Please let’s hope there’s someone scouted and sounded out because it does indeed seem mcshagger is off to Ibrox.  

Jambof3tornado

Rangers cant be signing everybody.

This news does up McLaughlins price if he wanted to stay with us.

Hamilton will not even be our backup keeper next season.

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Gilks all over again!

We do have a bit more time this year though. The window isn’t even open yet. 

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, Beats said:

I think Chester is a personal friend of Allan's. Maybe he could clarify?

He's said before he has familial contacts.

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So we get offered Bain in the Winter and say no because we are getting MacGregor in the Summer. Now we lose MacGregor and Bain now going to Celtic. Jack Hamilton anyone? Lessons being learned!

I won't lose sleep about losing out on Bain.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

See the source image

Beaker has big enough hands for a keeper I suppose, whats his contract situation?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Beaker has big enough hands for a keeper I suppose, whats his contract situation?

Has trouble getting gloves to fit tho.....