Billy Graham and the Hearts song

DVB

Nucky Thompson
14 hours ago, WageThief said:

I've been to the mountaintop and I've seen the promised land and mine eyes hath seen the glory in the coming of the lord, and I didn't spot Billy Graham but I did see a bunch of gay guys pleasuring each other sexually.

Gay men. Amen. 

A horrible, disgusting thought

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, WageThief said:

And may the lord forgive himself for all his sins.

Now that is just about the most ill-informed post ever on JKB and that is saying something.

May He forgive you for that - the unforgiveable sin, to call the Holy Spirit a liar in His portrayal of Christ.

See you come the Day, hopefully behind the Throne and not before it!

11 hours ago, jockmac said:

Just wondering if you have a go at Islam and the Quran with the same hate and venom as you do with Christianity? 

Don't be ridiculous.  Just one of a long list whose "bravery" extends about as far as his keyboard.

10 hours ago, Ryder said:

Aye? Islam is a bunch of made up shit. Muhammad was just a bloke and eating pigs is no more morally wrong or unclean than shitting on the Quran.

:bolt:

Forwarded to the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

You do relaise some idiot could see this and decide blowing himself up at a Hearts game would be a good idea.

God forbis it should happen but if it ever did, I'll remind you of your keyboard bravery.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

I Have the same feelings towards all religion. 

Its a form of mind control for the weak minded and vulnerable. Used for different cultures own gains and agendas. 

Every war there has ever been has been caused by religion or in the name of a religious cause.

Each to their own. I just find it far easier

to believe in a scientific theory than one that has stories about talking bushes, seas being parted, boats that carry two of every animal on the planet. Books that claim it’s a sin to be homosexual, that condones rape in multiple Stories. That promotes bigotry and xenophobia. I could go on and on about the hypocrisy in these books of tales.  

SPOT ON

50 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

You do relaise some idiot could see this and decide blowing himself up at a Hearts game would be a good idea.

God forbis it should happen but if it ever did, I'll remind you of your keyboard bravery.

FFS... aye, sorry Colin. I’ll try not and incite terrorism again mate. Anyone who can’t handle having their faith challenged by an infidel like me, probably doesn’t truly believe anyway.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

That's one awful post, and you're in the clergy?

He's responsible for his actions, religious nuts are responsible for theirs, get a grip.  

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's responsible for his actions, religious nuts are responsible for theirs, get a grip.  

Indeed. Didn’t think I’d need to say:

”These opinions are my own, and mine only.”

... but there you go.

2 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

I Have the same feelings towards all religion. 

Its a form of mind control for the weak minded and vulnerable. Used for different cultures own gains and agendas. 

Every war there has ever been has been caused by religion or in the name of a religious cause.

Each to their own. I just find it far easier

to believe in a scientific theory than one that has stories about talking bushes, seas being parted, boats that carry two of every animal on the planet. Books that claim it’s a sin to be homosexual, that condones rape in multiple Stories. That promotes bigotry and xenophobia. I could go on and on about the hypocrisy in these books of tales.  

Please please disrespect Islam with the same gusto your using for Christianity, especially their prophet. 

Would love to see your bravado then, it’s easy behind a computer screen.

Total and utter bullshit about all wars being caused by religion, that a total myth. The motives in the 1st and 2nd world war were nationalistic and ethnic not religious. 

The wars in the ancient world were rarely fought over religion. It was for controlling borders, fighting for trade routes and challenges to those in authority. The Greek, Egyptian, Persian and Roman Empires all openly welcomed the religious beliefs of those they conquered.

Section G The Place To Be
3 hours ago, jockmac said:

Please please disrespect Islam with the same gusto your using for Christianity, especially their prophet. 

Would love to see your bravado then, it’s easy behind a computer screen.

Total and utter bullshit about all wars being caused by religion, that a total myth. The motives in the 1st and 2nd world war were nationalistic and ethnic not religious. 

The wars in the ancient world were rarely fought over religion. It was for controlling borders, fighting for trade routes and challenges to those in authority. The Greek, Egyptian, Persian and Roman Empires all openly welcomed the religious beliefs of those they conquered.

You seem really upset about Islam. Are you what’s known as an Islamaphobe? 

Put on your glasses on and read what I said properly. I have the same feelings for all religions. Does that not cover Islam for you? Would you rather I made some remark Regarding Allah and bacon? 

As the thread is about a Christian preacher I really don’t see what Islam has to do with it, but I suppose there will always be one bigot. 

23 hours ago, henry said:

I’m sure my dad said he went to see him at Tynecastle. 99 is a great age. 

My mother went to see him. It was the one and only time she was ever in Tynecastle.

I was anxious to hear what she thought of the place that I worshipped, and asked her about it when she got home.

Her only comment was, "The field's all baldy around the goals."

40 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Mothy responsible for a jihad on Malaury Martin?

Sounds good to me tbf. :laugh:

Good Templar is old Martin. 

SpruceBringsteen
31 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Good Templar is old Martin. 

He can Deus Bolt anytime.

:smuggy:

4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

He can Deus Bolt anytime.

:smuggy:

I actually quite like wee short fat midfielders. 

:D

It's amazing how bigotry becomes acceptable when hidden behind the guise of religion. Billy Graham held some vile homophobic views so I'll not be lamenting his death too much.

Why are some folk so obsessed with Islam? I'd wager people would be posting exactly the same if a well known Muslim cleric who held questionable views had died. 

8 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Now that is just about the most ill-informed post ever on JKB and that is saying something.

May He forgive you for that - the unforgiveable sin, to call the Holy Spirit a liar in His portrayal of Christ.

See you come the Day, hopefully behind the Throne and not before it!

Not even the worst post in this thread.

He will forgive me if he is the protestant god.  Apologies, I mean shall.

Let the Lord haveth a bath and washeth himself of all His sins, and may it be Him who lets his believers go forth in their apparently unending quest to find glory in outdated ideas and archaic language.

Let the Lord continue killing more babies in countries that haven't gone forth and created an NHS, and let the existence of the Lord's enigmatic omnipotence and poor judgement be noted.

Oh Icarus, fly not so near the menstruating woman lest thy waxy wing shall melt....

Et cetera.

Amen 

8 hours ago, Ryder said:

FFS... aye, sorry Colin. I’ll try not and incite terrorism again mate. Anyone who can’t handle having their faith challenged by an infidel like me, probably doesn’t truly believe anyway.

It's okay having a pop at me, but all I'll answer with is words but there really are some maniacal nutters out there who, for example, will travel all the way to Glasgow from down south, just to cut a wee newsagents throat, because he thought he was mocking Mohammed.

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Muslim Council was tongue in cheek but see my reply above to Mothy.  That is not a joke!

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

Not even the worst post in this thread.

He will forgive me if he is the protestant god.  Apologies, I mean shall.

Let the Lord haveth a bath and washeth himself of all His sins, and may it be Him who lets his believers go forth in their apparently unending quest to find glory in outdated ideas and archaic language.

Let the Lord continue killing more babies in countries that haven't gone forth and created an NHS, and let the existence of the Lord's enigmatic omnipotence and poor judgement be noted.

Oh Icarus, fly not so near the menstruating woman lest thy waxy wing shall melt....

Et cetera.

Amen 

And you call those of faith nutters!

See ya!

PS Humans kill millions of babies but you are your own god!  

Now that's what I call hope-less.

21 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Muslim Council was tongue in cheek but see my reply above to Mothy.  That is not a joke!

You're right, it isn't, but it isn't mothys responsibility to tiptoe around subjects in case of nutters. A thousand awful things are put online about islam every day in Britain, let's not blame the next event on a jkb poster!

27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It's okay having a pop at me, but all I'll answer with is words but there really are some maniacal nutters out there who, for example, will travel all the way to Glasgow from down south, just to cut a wee newsagents throat, because he thought he was mocking Mohammed.

I don't see why my evidence based opinions should be censored. What have I said that is so bad?

FFS we’ve just got rid of a few bomb scares now Ryder has made us a target for Muslim Extremists. 

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

I don't see why my evidence based opinions should be censored. What have I said that is so bad?

Evidence based?  Not all of them!  There is room for debate on your evidence.

I ain't censoring you, just pointing out what a dangerous place it is ref Islam.   I have lost three friends to Islam persecution - I mean murdered!

The kind of lunacy that inspires their people to kill infidels and they are guaranteed heaven, the very heresy within the Christian church in ages past, with the likes of the Pope guaranteeing that if you died on the Medieval Crusades you would go straight to heaven, means that there always lunatics who will do the craziest things to "earn" their way into paradise/heaven.   It is not outwith the bounds of possibility that someone could come across a published comment insulting Islam/Muhammed, and take it upon themselves to do something about it.

I am not being at all sensationalist but, apart from anything else, the vitriol and insulting approach to people of faith does not exactly paint the picture of tolerance that our head up the bahoochie culture claims.   

Obviously, Tommy Walker was a fantasist and a believer in fairy stories and, according to some on here, mentally unstable.

Just think of how many more trophies Hearts would have won if he had just been an intolerant secular bigot.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

I ain't censoring you, just pointing out what a dangerous place it is ref Islam.   I have lost three friends to Islam persecution - I mean murdered!

The kind of lunacy that inspires their people to kill infidels and they are guaranteed heaven, the very heresy within the Christian church in ages past, with the likes of the Pope guaranteeing that if you died on the Medieval Crusades you would go straight to heaven, means that there always lunatics who will do the craziest things to "earn" their way into paradise/heaven.   It is not outwith the bounds of possibility that someone could come across a published comment insulting Islam/Muhammed, and take it upon themselves to do something about it.

I am not being at all sensationalist but, apart from anything else, the vitriol and insulting approach to people of faith does not exactly paint the picture of tolerance that our head up the bahoochie culture claims.   

Obviously, Tommy Walker was a fantasist and a believer in fairy stories and, according to some on here, mentally unstable.

Just think of how many more trophies Hearts would have won if he had just been an intolerant secular bigot.

At the end of the day though... 

There is no such thing as celestial beings.

Bibles, Qurans and Guru Gransabs are Just pits of ink splattered paper bound in leather.

and...

O am entitled to my beliefs. ?

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

At the end of the day though... 

There is no such thing as celestial beings.

Bibles, Qurans and Guru Gransabs are Just pits of ink splattered paper bound in leather.

and...

O am entitled to my beliefs. ?

Prove it!!!   :pirate:***

*** Christian terrorist!

45 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Prove it!!!   :pirate:***

*** Christian terrorist!

I don’t need to. There is no evidence to support their existence. 

By that logic, I can ask you to prove unicorns don’t exist.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

You speak of tolerance, when the book you live by is full of intolerance. 

Where do you stand on Homosexuality? 

What about raping woman? 

What about woman being allowed a Position of authority?

Where do you stand on woman preaching your “Good book” to anyone other than children and other woman. 

Where do you stand on abortion?

What about sex before marriage? 

How do you feel about your book saying murdering babies is ok? 

What about out your feelings on slavery? According to your God slavery is good. 

Do you often eat children ?

I can add much more vile, distasteful bigoted and hateful points all relating to your bible and what you as a Christian believe in. Christianity is every bit maybe even more intolerant than any other. 

On 21/02/2018 at 15:55, hmfc_liam06 said:

We should have a minutes applause on the 99th minute this weekend.

it is at Ibrox, we will need to be winning or drawing.

Beaton will never add on those minutes if we are getting beat.

On 21/02/2018 at 23:23, Ryder said:

Living for a baw hair of an entire century, and wasting it pretending to believe in fairies. :rofl:

Is it really ‘wasted’ if you’ve made £millions, travelled the world and lived pretty much in luxury?

Good living to be made from telling people they need to believe...

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Is it really ‘wasted’ if you’ve made £millions, travelled the world and lived pretty much in luxury?

Good living to be made from telling people they need to believe...

:spoton:

9 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

You speak of tolerance, when the book you live by is full of intolerance. 

Where do you stand on Homosexuality? 

What about raping woman? 

What about woman being allowed a Position of authority?

Where do you stand on woman preaching your “Good book” to anyone other than children and other woman. 

I can add much more vile, distasteful bigoted and hateful points all relating to your bible and what you as a Christian believe in. Christianity is every bit maybe even more intolerant than any other. 

While there are some valid questions there, they are buried in a pile of vitriolic nonsense and, if you want to believe the gospel of man/woman/whatever, that's your faith.

It will not stand.

One Day you can ask the "monster" face-to-face and you'll get more patience from Him as he explains everything to you, seeing also that He did love you, and you will see that you stand condemned already, because you have not believed in His Son, rejecting His love, spitting on His Son and grieving the Holy Spirit.

Let's just wait and see!

43 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

While there are some valid questions there, they are buried in a pile of vitriolic nonsense and, if you want to believe the gospel of man/woman/whatever, that's your faith.

It will not stand.

One Day you can ask the "monster" face-to-face and you'll get more patience from Him as he explains everything to you, seeing also that He did love you, and you will see that you stand condemned already, because you have not believed in His Son, rejecting His love, spitting on His Son and grieving the Holy Spirit.

Let's just wait and see!

An all-seeing, all-knowing creator being, condemning someone eternally to ultimate torture, pain, suffering unimaginable, for decisions made with a mortal's knowledge and understanding gleaned in what, 70, 80 years? The sum of every last bit of knowledge and insight, versus what amounts to a drop of water in the ocean in a man's brain.

And the all-seeing, all-knowing, allegedly all-loving creator being decides to impose everlasting punishment for this finite transgression. That is indeed monstrous. I can think of no more evil thing.

If I were to find myself face-to-face with an all-powerful entity who devised this plan, though I might be full of fear, I'd at least have my ethics and dignity to have chosen never again to glorify such an unconscionable scheme, or the one behind it.

Likewise, if I were to find myself in a heaven and subsequently learn of a place where some others had gone--no doubt some of whom I'd have known in life--where they were made to suffer in the worst ways conceivable, how could I possibly feel any joy at all?

A truly grisly theology and one I am glad I abandoned long ago.

14 hours ago, Ryder said:

You need to listen to Brother Lee Love, he'll may change your mind. 

brother lee love.png

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

An all-seeing, all-knowing creator being, condemning someone eternally to ultimate torture, pain, suffering unimaginable, for decisions made with a mortal's knowledge and understanding gleaned in what, 70, 80 years? The sum of every last bit of knowledge and insight, versus what amounts to a drop of water in the ocean in a man's brain.

And the all-seeing, all-knowing, allegedly all-loving creator being decides to impose everlasting punishment for this finite transgression. That is indeed monstrous. I can think of no more evil thing.

If I were to find myself face-to-face with an all-powerful entity who devised this plan, though I might be full of fear, I'd at least have my ethics and dignity to have chosen never again to glorify such an unconscionable scheme, or the one behind it.

Likewise, if I were to find myself in a heaven and subsequently learn of a place where some others had gone--no doubt some of whom I'd have known in life--where they were made to suffer in the worst ways conceivable, how could I possibly feel any joy at all?

A truly grisly theology and one I am glad I abandoned long ago.

God has given us an opportunity to get out from under the condemnation we were born into.

He offers us salvation from our sins through Jesus, because he loves us, but that love will not keep us from our destiny if we choose to go our own way.

Reject God’s gracious invitation and you condemn yourself.

And what are the symptoms and problems of a world that has that has abandoned God’s way in favour of their own?

Governments filled with bloated globalist/luciferin leaders driving our nations to embrace unholy abominations as good and to be uplifted. Where people rejoice in homosexual marriage, full term abortion, and transgenderism for all ages, the list goes on. Man’s way is not Gods way. Your choice.

5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

It will not stand.

Let's just wait and see!

Didn’t think you would answer any of those questions. 

Every single question is based on what your good book preaches. What you yourself have said you believe in and live by.

To say you do not believe in it or follow that part would be an admission that your book is full of shit. Your other option is to admit to being a hypocrite and a bigot. 

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Every single question is based on what your good book preaches. What you yourself have said you believe in and live by.

To say you do not believe in it or follow that part would be an admission that your book is full of shit. Your other option is to admit to being a hypocrite and a bigot. 

Thank you. 

Give me the verse reference and I will endeavour to give a context answer.

Only recently on here the idea that God was somehow in favour of slavery was completely refuted.

One at a time would be fine.

34 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

God has given us an opportunity to get out from under the condemnation we were born into.

He offers us salvation from our sins through Jesus, because he loves us, but that love will not keep us from our destiny if we choose to go our own way.

Reject God’s gracious invitation and you condemn yourself.

And what are the symptoms and problems of a world that has that has abandoned God’s way in favour of their own?

Governments filled with bloated globalist/luciferin leaders driving our nations to embrace unholy abominations as good and to be uplifted. Where people rejoice in homosexual marriage, full term abortion, and transgenderism for all ages, the list goes on. Man’s way is not Gods way. Your choice.

I think I'll choose eternity with the gay wedding party over your lot personally! Thoughts and prayers appreciated but not required, I'll be good 

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Give me the verse reference and I will endeavour to give a context answer.

Only recently on here the idea that God was somehow in favour of slavery was completely refuted.

One at a time would be fine.

I can give you a few examples, although I’m not interested in your “context” answers in trying to justify any of it. I’m quite capable of reading myself and deciphering how wrong they are. 

Where do you stand on Homosexuality. ?

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

Only two verses but the bible including the NT is full of verses against homosexuality.

What about raping woman? 

(Judges 21:10-24 NLT) (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT) (Deuteronomy 20:10-14) (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB) (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB) Just a few examples.

What about woman being allowed a Position of authority? & Where do you stand on woman preaching your “Good book” to anyone other than children and other woman. 

EPHESIANS 

5:22-24 Wives must submit to husbands in everything.

1 CORINTHIANS

14:34 Women must be silent in churches.

1 TIMOTHY 

2:11-15 Woman must not have authority, she must be silent. 

Pro-life groups and anti abortionists including Christians commonly use biblical scriptures to try and justify abortion is wrong and “evil” though there are no specific verses in the bible that state this.

Literally hundreds of passages about how sex before marriage is “Immoral” “Wrong” and “punishable”

(Hosea 9:11-16 NLT) (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT) (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT) (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT) (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT (( A lovely “how to” list of how to treat your slaves very thoughtful of God)) 

(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB) Thought this one merits being written out so people can read just how nice this great God of yours is.

“When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. “

"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...." (II Kings 6:28-29)

Above are just a few examples for each one. Im not going to indulge you with more as I’m sure your capable of looking them up for yourself.

Anyone happy to believe in and follow any of that needs locked up.

I could go further and ask questions about Gods commands that his followers must obey. How he commands that anyone that does not believe must be killed. Even if one person in a town does not believe that the whole town should be killed. How anyone that believes another religion or god must die. How it is the duty of Gods servants to spread the word and make more followers. 

Well this thread escalated quickly.

Not sure to where to jump in TBH.

Let's just take one little nugget for now.

On 2/22/2018 at 04:02, Section G The Place To Be said:

There's a word missing in this sentence so I may be misreading, but I think he's making the old chestnut claim that religion causes all wars.

That's the stance of someone who doesn't know much about history. Religion has caused a lot of wars, yes. There's still a huge number of wars that have either nothing to do with religion or where religion was only ornamentation.

Let's go with that for now and we'll see how the ontology, epistemology, and theology go from here.

7 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Thank you. 

Listen mate!  As a card carrying God-ignoring atheist for 44 years, I've been there, worn the tee shirt and I'm not an idiot.

I could have a long discussion with you but, going by some of the stuff you've posted, you haven't got a clue.  You've picked up ideas from the Secular Gospel of Hatred and Intolerance and, no matter what I said, it would not satisfy you and you would twist everything anyway.  It's the way he works!

I have ongoing lengthy correspondence with both secular and folks of other faiths but, it is a debate and not a diatribe.

Admit it, you just want to vent your spleen. Go ahead!  I've read the end of the book and you don't win.

One of us will be proved right.  It's either dust to dust, end of, the hope of the secular gospel, or I'll see you one day!

Francis Albert
23 hours ago, Ryder said:

Ah yes those worldwide religions that worship unicorns.

It doesn't really matter if god or jesus or allah or mohammed exist or not. (To me obviously they don't). But it matters that hundreds of millions believe that they do. And as an atheist I respect their right to believe.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ah yes those worldwide religions that worship unicorns.

It doesn't really matter if god or jesus or allah or mohammed exist or not. (To me obviously they don't). But it matters that hundreds of millions believe that they do. And as an atheist I respect their right to believe.

Good for you Francis. See you in hell mate. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Listen mate!  As a card carrying God-ignoring atheist for 44 years, I've been there, worn the tee shirt and I'm not an idiot.

I could have a long discussion with you but, going by some of the stuff you've posted, you haven't got a clue.  You've picked up ideas from the Secular Gospel of Hatred and Intolerance and, no matter what I said, it would not satisfy you and you would twist everything anyway.  It's the way he works!

I have ongoing lengthy correspondence with both secular and folks of other faiths but, it is a debate and not a diatribe.

Admit it, you just want to vent your spleen. Go ahead!  I've read the end of the book and you don't win.

One of us will be proved right.  It's either dust to dust, end of, the hope of the secular gospel, or I'll see you one day!

Everything i have posted is taken directly from your bible. Nothing is made up diatribe as you describe it. 

I dont give two two shiny shits what you say on here about other religions and faiths or non believers. You are a bullying hypocrite. Your books and religion preaches intolerance regarding homosexuality, intolerance towards woman, intolerance towards other faiths, intolerance towards non followers, intolerance towards non believers. 

Preachers like Graham a man this thread is about whom you hold in such high regard have been caught and proven to be openly homophobic, he was a zionist and supporter of some horrific wars Vietnam being one. Exactly the kind of things I have been talking about.

Now I don’t really care if you want to believe in some fictional superhero and live your life from a book of fairy tales and bigotry. That’s your choice. But don’t pretend for a second your different from any other bullying preacher. Your posts and how you respond to people with your arrogance and patronising ways certainly show you for the religious hypocrite you really are. 

1 hour ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Everything i have posted is taken directly from your bible. Nothing is made up diatribe as you describe it. 

I dont give two two shiny shits what you say on here about other religions and faiths or non believers. You are a bullying hypocrite. Your books and religion preaches intolerance regarding homosexuality, intolerance towards woman, intolerance towards other faiths, intolerance towards non followers, intolerance towards non believers. 

Preachers like Graham a man this thread is about whom you hold in such high regard have been caught and proven to be openly homophobic, he was a zionist and supporter of some horrific wars Vietnam being one. Exactly the kind of things I have been talking about.

Now I don’t really care if you want to believe in some fictional superhero and live your life from a book of fairy tales and bigotry. That’s your choice. But don’t pretend for a second your different from any other bullying preacher. Your posts and how you respond to people with your arrogance and patronising ways certainly show you for the religious hypocrite you really are. 

Look in a mirror!

Archived