DVB

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

We need quality players at Hearts who score consistently and are on 100k a week. Harry Kane is decent, someone like him would do me. Sammon is rubbish and bald and just runs around and scores occasionally, not good enough.

You’re so right.

Bald guys just let down the whole charisma of the club. Kane is handsome and would fit in well alongside KL but, will we go for him?

No way Jose. 

Keep baldy away from Hearts is what I say, 7 out of 7?  GTF Fish.

Personally, I would also target that Portuguese ponce from Madrid but he just effs around preening himself.

There’s only one Tony Watt.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bungalow Bill

He couldn’t handle the pressure of playing for Hearts. He’s well suited to a club like Partick Thistle. 

Just now, Apache Mal said:

He couldn’t handle the pressure of playing for Hearts. He’s well suited to a club like Partick Thistle. 

Do you not think that perhaps ‘the pressure of playing for Hearts’ is probably less useful than a guy scoring seven goals in seven games?

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Do you not think that perhaps ‘the pressure of playing for Hearts’ is probably less useful than a guy scoring seven goals in seven games?

Sammon, Wyness, Sutton. All guys who’ve scored plenty goals, then signed for Hearts and couldn’t handle it. The pressure of playing for Hearts won’t go away. 

We’d bring Sammon back, he’d miss a sitter, the fans would get on top of him and his confidence would be shot again.

Austin Macphee also spoke of this last year at the meet the management event. 

1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

Sammon, Wyness, Sutton. All guys who’ve scored plenty goals, then signed for Hearts and couldn’t handle it. The pressure of playing for Hearts won’t go away. 

We’d bring Sammon back, he’d miss a sitter, the fans would get on top of him and his confidence would be shot again.

Seems to me like it’s costing us. Maybe we would be more successful if we encouraged and supported our players?

2 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

I particularly enjoyed it when we played Sutton 30 yards away from nearest teammate 

I wouldn’t want to come back if I were him.  Djoums out now, Goncalves is gone- we are not capable of supporting all 11 players on the park so there’s a scapegoat roulette about to unfold- I wouldn’t bother 

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Seems to me like it’s costing us. Maybe we would be more successful if we encouraged and supported our players?

Random.

Like ‘encouraging’ would catch on..

Bungalow Bill
2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You’re now stating the obvious. 

Bungalow Bill
8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I particularly enjoyed it when we played Sutton 30 yards away from nearest teammate 

I particularly enjoyed that Sutton never anticipated where the ball was going to be. 

I particularly enjoyed that his first touch was shocking. 

I particularly enjoyed that Sutton was always on his heels and never on his toes. 

I particularly enjoyed that when punted to the Mickey Mouse Australian League, they punted him back. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Bring back Sammon. 

Kickback at its insular myopic worst. 

If we can't find better than him it's time to give it up. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
8 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

See once a player leaves our club or is out for a while they become world beaters on here. Its mental.

[insert ex players name], could do a job. 

Can’t remember if I saw him play a  good game for us. Every game I saw him play (I see most games) he was mince. I sure there are reasons he was mince but none jump out to me. The only thing I can say is he didn’t fit into the systems we play. I’m being generous there. 

Wouldn't have him back.

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

No, because you don’t put real life before your own prejudices. You would sooner turn down a goal a game than admit you got something hilariously wrong.

If he gets near to scoring 15 goals this season. You will be right... but I think that’s highly unlikely.  

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, Ryder said:

Because Mr Levein decided to take him out of the firing line after his confidence was shot to pieces by arseholes. Never mind though, I’m sure Partick are enjoying a goal a game striker at our expense. 

Not often I disagree with you on here bud, it wasn't Levein's decision...not so much Cathro either, but Austins ?

2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

I particularly enjoyed that Sutton never anticipated where the ball was going to be. 

I particularly enjoyed that his first touch was shocking. 

I particularly enjoyed that Sutton was always on his heels and never on his toes. 

I particularly enjoyed that when punted to the Mickey Mouse Australian League, they punted him back. 

That so. 

Maybe calm down before you shoot in yer kegs 

6 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

He's had his chance. Simply not good enough for us

His current goals per game ratio would suggest otherwise.

3 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

See once a player leaves our club or is out for a while they become world beaters on here. Its mental.

Not one poster has suggested he is a world beater, I don't think there is even a suggestion he is any good.

What people are saying is he is a paid employee of this club, we are in a position where we are one injury away from having no strikers and this guy is scoring goals on a regular basis in the league we play in.

He could have at very least filled a seat on the bench and made a willing back up that might just come off the bench and nick us a goal.

We have had people suggesting we pick up a free out of contract midfielder (likely not a very good one) to fill the gap left by Djoum when we still have 7 fit and available midfielders at the club, yet when we have literally zero back up to our 2 front men, we don't use a player that was already here and is doing his job competently.

If we had already brought someone in (who had proven themselves useful) and had sufficient numbers upfront I would ot be having this conversation. 

But we haven't, we still might not get someone in and if we do it's a total gamble whether he will be the next Dauda, Watt or dare I say it Connor Sammon. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given that we have freed up some or all of his wage, which is not small, recalling him would have had a cost as well and potentially at the expense of another loanee such as Amankwaa.

Craig Levein seems content with the decision in that context.

37 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given that we have freed up some or all of his wage, which is not small, recalling him would have had a cost as well and potentially at the expense of another loanee such as Amankwaa.

Craig Levein seems content with the decision in that context.

I thought we had signed Amankwaa permanently?

Sammon was dreadful but we're ridiculously short of forwards. Not really bothered if he comes back or not.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

I thought we had signed Amankwaa permanently?

Sammon was dreadful but we're ridiculously short of forwards. Not really bothered if he comes back or not.

I stand corrected if he has but I thought he was on loan. Either way, I would rather the budget was being used for him and his ilk from the Jan window.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I stand corrected if he has but I thought he was on loan. Either way, I would rather the budget was being used for him and his ilk from the Jan window.

Me too.

Allowayjambo1874

Can’t recall people suggesting his return last season when he was on loan at killie.

In 10 years playing in Scotland and England this is his second hot streak, once when he scored  15 goals in half a season for Kilmarnock in 2010 and this run, that aside his usual return rate is something ridiculous like a goal every 8 games. 

If he gets his move away on the back of this then fair play but don’t want him back.

Just another guy to add to the list of players who just don't seem to fit in at Hearts. He's on a decent run just now and that probably suits him perfectly well being where he is now.

We could recall him for sure. I just don't think it would do any good whatsoever. His form would dip again (as it might well do, even at Partick) and we'd e back to where we were before.

I don't doubt theres a player in there somewhere - just not a Hearts player.

Its always confused me as to why guys like him and Sutton just don't fit in at Hearts. All a bit bizarre. I guess the easy answer here is just to blame our support for players coming here and being awful. Yeah, that seems legit - our supporters make good players bad.

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

Just another guy to add to the list of players who just don't seem to fit in at Hearts. He's on a decent run just now and that probably suits him perfectly well being where he is now.

We could recall him for sure. I just don't think it would do any good whatsoever. His form would dip again (as it might well do, even at Partick) and we'd e back to where we were before.

I don't doubt theres a player in there somewhere - just not a Hearts player.

Its always confused me as to why guys like him and Sutton just don't fit in at Hearts. All a bit bizarre. I guess the easy answer here is just to blame our support for players coming here and being awful. Yeah, that seems legit - our supporters make good players bad.

You got it in your last paragraph.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You got it in your last paragraph.

Yet, bizarrely enough, despite our terrible big nasty supporters who point blank refuse to get behind 'good' players which come to our club - we regularly see threads on here about players who come here and immediately fall in love with the club, its history, its supporters and the city which plays host to it all.

In spite of all that, the fact that some players come in and have a complete mare at this club is entirely the fault of those same supporters which so many others have nothing but admiration for.

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Ryder said:

Supporting the club and our players? It will never catch on. 

FWIW, I thought he would be a decent signing but he was on a hiding to nothing here. It didn't help that he was playing beside TW who will be lucky to get another professional contract ever again.

Best for all parties if move to Partick is made permanent. 

42 minutes ago, Erik said:

Yet, bizarrely enough, despite our terrible big nasty supporters who point blank refuse to get behind 'good' players which come to our club - we regularly see threads on here about players who come here and immediately fall in love with the club, its history, its supporters and the city which plays host to it all.

In spite of all that, the fact that some players come in and have a complete mare at this club is entirely the fault of those same supporters which so many others have nothing but admiration for.

He was extremely positive about our club from the start. Unfortunately it was not reciprocal. Written off before he kicked a ball and any good work he did ignored. Most were forming their opinions from a Derby County messageboard. :rofl:

Hard to have admiration for drooling simpletons who abuse you during warm ups and boo you on to the pitch. I have to share a stadium with them and have nothing but contempt for them. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He is one of those form is temporary players. Glad he is finding form with Patrick. The form he is showing is the reason Hearts signed him, and it was the hope when we sent him on loan - we will have him back next season and then we’ll see what he can do for us, with confidence rebuilt and levein in charge, rather than neilson/cathro.

Certainly it cannot be said to be a mistake sending him on loan just because he is playing well and scoring - in fact it could prove to be a master stroke. Patrick have stuck with him for the season, he’s played pish, now he’s playing better with the game time he’s been getting. It’s a win-win-win for all parties. 

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

He was extremely positive about our club from the start. Unfortunately it was not reciprocal. Written off before he kicked a ball and any good work he did ignored. Most were forming their opinions from a Derby County messageboard. :rofl:

Hard to have admiration for drooling simpletons who abuse you during warm ups and boo you on to the pitch. I have to share a stadium with them and have nothing but contempt for them. 

He was abysmal in his first game against Birkirkara. He never recovered. 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

aye you’re right, the fans were on his back before he kicked a ball - because he couldny kick a ball and that is a fact. He still hasn’t kicked one to date in maroon. So awful for us.

But he has a chance at redemption next season. Here’s hoping he is a new man, I’m happy he has found decent form and confidence now, unfortunate that it’s 2 clubs and 2 years after we signed him.

Bungalow Bill
7 hours ago, Spencer said:

That so. 

Maybe calm down before you shoot in yer kegs 

Merely getting all the replies in one post. And it is so. 

10 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

The pressure of playing for Hearts recently, if you're a forward, is the underperforming midfield creating very few chances for the forwards. If we had someone up front like Neymar who could do it all on his own, dribble past 6 players, round the goalie, then slot it into the net, all on a regular basis, then fair enough.  We don't, and probably never will, it's up to the midfield to give the forwards the service they need.

3 minutes ago, world_3 said:

The pressure of playing for Hearts recently, if you're a forward, is the underperforming midfield creating very few chances for the forwards. If we had someone up front like Neymar who could do it all on his own, dribble past 6 players, round the goalie, then slot it into the net, all on a regular basis, then fair enough.  We don't, and probably never will, it's up to the midfield to give the forwards the service they need.

Its also up to the forwards to help the midfield with good hold up play.... This isn’t one of CS strengths... goes along with his heading ability.

Just now, Thomaso said:

He was a total numpty at Hearts - it happens, Sutton was the same. 

This !

maroonnicky63
Just now, All Out Attack said:

Why do you think he is at Partick. 

I think you will find they are in the same league as Hearts , bit further down the table of course

10 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Not one poster has suggested he is a world beater, I don't think there is even a suggestion he is any good.

What people are saying is he is a paid employee of this club, we are in a position where we are one injury away from having no strikers and this guy is scoring goals on a regular basis in the league we play in.

He could have at very least filled a seat on the bench and made a willing back up that might just come off the bench and nick us a goal.

We have had people suggesting we pick up a free out of contract midfielder (likely not a very good one) to fill the gap left by Djoum when we still have 7 fit and available midfielders at the club, yet when we have literally zero back up to our 2 front men, we don't use a player that was already here and is doing his job competently.

If we had already brought someone in (who had proven themselves useful) and had sufficient numbers upfront I would ot be having this conversation. 

But we haven't, we still might not get someone in and if we do it's a total gamble whether he will be the next Dauda, Watt or dare I say it Connor Sammon. 

Fair enough, good post. 

I get what you are saying and agree. 

5 hours ago, The Comedian said:

He was abysmal in his first game against Birkirkara. He never recovered. 

You could argue he was never allowed to. The moronic element in our support were on his case, literally from day one.

I don't see what we have to gain, as a support, by treating some players the way we do.

11 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Would rather give a young player the experience of being in the squad.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You could argue he was never allowed to. The moronic element in our support were on his case, literally from day one.

I don't see what we have to gain, as a support, by treating some players the way we do.

We could all have blown him a mass kiss before every game and it would not have improved Sammon as a player one bit!

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We could all have blown him a mass kiss before every game and it would not have improved Sammon as a player one bit!

Really, just seven scrappy flukes in seven games at Thistle then, aye?

19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So, what you're getting at is the abuse he received had zero impact on him? I'll call that nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Really, just seven scrappy flukes in seven games at Thistle then, aye?

That I was on your ignore list?

Just now, Thomaso said:

That I was on your ignore list?

No. Think you might be confusing me with someone else.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

So, what you're getting at is the abuse he received had zero impact on him? I'll call that nonsense.

That is your opinion which you are entitled to.

Archived