DVB

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, shame we never saw this form for us. Either the loan spell will send him back a better player or at least his value should be rising

Consistent run of games and given the patience to settle into the team. 

Partick playing to his strengths as well. 

All we did was give him Tony Watt as a partner.

20 minutes ago, DVB said:

Pretty impressive stuff by Sammon seven goals in seven games playing for Partick Thistle.

Glad we are paying him good money to score a goal a game elsewhere. Makes great financial sense for us.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Glad we are paying him good money to score a goal a game elsewhere. Makes great financial sense for us.

I would be astonished if there's a single person on here who wouldn't have him back right now.

Lafferty isn't playing great but he's at least scoring goals.

Naismith is injured.

All the young strikers are either not ready, out on loan or injured.

And that's it. After losing Isma we haven't got any other options.

Regardless of his previous form he's currently shit hot and all that matters is the next game.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I would be astonished if there's a single person on here who wouldn't have him back right now.

Naismith is injured.

Regardless of his previous form he's currently shit hot and all that matters is the next game.

He's had his chance. Simply not good enough for us

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Naismith is injured.

Be prepared to be astonished.

For what it's worth I agree. 

5 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

He's had his chance. Simply not good enough for us

A goal a game for seven game’s not good enough for us, aye? :rofl:

Geoff Kilpatrick

More chance of getting rid of the last year of his contract then! Mug punter football clubs hopefully queuing up to free us of a wage!

Despite the fact, that  many on here won’t admit when they might be wrong, this does prove there is a player there.

Won’t make much difference to Sammon now, but hopefully the next signing who hasn’t proved to be a world beater after his first two games just might be given a little longer to prove himself.

fact is Connor Sammon was written off by some before he kicked a ball for us, and by far too many after his first game at Tynecastle against Infonet.

Would be a useful squad addition right now.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Why do you think he is at Partick. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Despite the fact, that  many on here won’t admit when they might be wrong, this does prove there is a player there.

Won’t make much difference to Sammon now, but hopefully the next signing who hasn’t proved to be a world beater after his first two games just might be given a little longer to prove himself.

fact is Connor Sammon was written off by some before he kicked a ball for us, and by far too many after his first game at Tynecastle against Infonet.

Would be a useful squad addition right now.

Sammon had umpteen chances to prove his worth with us and struggled miserably. It appears Levein agrees with those who don't rate him as well.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sammon had umpteen chances to prove his worth with us and struggled miserably. It appears Levein agrees with those who don't rate him as well.

He had half a season up front with a helmet who thought he was the new Messi.  Hardly umpteen chances.

SpruceBringsteen

He's absolute piss, lads.

"But he's scoring goals for some perennial relegation dodging dingle outfit!"

Aye, and so did John Sutton. Pro-tip: He was also absolute piss, lads.

The White Cockade

so he's scoring goals for a piss team?

must be harder to do that than score for a world beating team like us then?

27 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Naismith is injured.

I wouldn’t.... he is honking... hopeless football player. 

The Future's Maroon
38 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Consistent run of games and given the patience to settle into the team. 

Partick playing to his strengths as well. 

All we did was give him Tony Watt as a partner.

Correct, Even before he went on loan I think there was/is a player in there....our style at the time just didn't suit him and the moon howlers jumped on the guys back.

7 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

He had half a season up front with a helmet who thought he was the new Messi.  Hardly umpteen chances.

The 'helmet' up front certainly wasn't Messi , in fact he was seldom up front either . 

Sammon is a limited player who , played correctly , can contribute a lot to the team . He wasn't given 5 minutes by some of the dumbos sitting in section 

C .

He would be handy to have in the squad . Suspect the guy doesn't want anything to do with us and who can blame him ?

Bazzas right boot

Patrick have been feeding him.

He's enjoying being the big fish over there.

Good team player, but limited.

Would give us something different and an option ATM tho.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I wouldn’t.... he is honking... hopeless football player. 

Aye, replacing him with Stockton was a master stroke.

23 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Exactly Ryder. He has proved himself in the SPL.  It didn't work out with us for whatever reason but he barely had a chance. He woukd walk into our team right now and if he can be recalled, should be.

Geoff Kilpatrick
18 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Ah, so it was Watt's fault. If only we had signed Chris Erskine. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Because Mr Levein decided to take him out of the firing line after his confidence was shot to pieces by arseholes. Never mind though, I’m sure Partick are enjoying a goal a game striker at our expense. 

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ah, so it was Watt's fault. If only we had signed Chris Erskine. :rolleyes:

Not as such.  Just saying that half a season of a 3 year contract playing up front for a team creating little chances isn’t umpteen chances.  I think he deserves another chance as part of the squad with better players around him that’s all.

10 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, replacing him with Stockton was a master stroke.

Neither were good signings.  Have you seen him play at Partick... just awful.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not as such.  Just saying that half a season of a 3 year contract playing up front for a team creating little chances isn’t umpteen chances.  I think he deserves another chance as part of the squad with better players around him that’s all.

Wasn't this the half season where, we are repeatedly told, the blessed Robbie left us in 2nd? Whilst being rejected by the PE teacher is one thing, it says a lot that Levein could have brought him back in two windows and refuses to do so. Probably driven by his wages for starters.

11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Neither were good signings.  Have you seen him play at Partick... just awful.

Ah right... seven goals in seven games and multiple assists, but they are all lucky, scrappy or not stylish enough?

Funny that, because when he was with us and he was playing a big part for us, but just not hitting the net, we were told it’s all about goals and strikers are there to hit the net, nothing else. :lol:

56 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

He is playing for a lower club with a weaker squad and is able to score goals at the exact same standard as we are playing at, against the same teams we play against week in week out, in the same league we compete in.

I agree that he isn't a great player and wouldn't be first pick ahead of Lafferty and Naismith

but he is effective and you can't tell me, when we are desperately short in numbers up front, that a guy with a goal a game ratio, wouldn't be a more benefit to us as a 3rd choice striker at Hearts than being at Partick scoring for fun

When you consider how effective we are at keeping clean sheets, imagine the benefit we may have had from someone you can rely on to nick you a goal, even when not playing well

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

He is playing for a lower club with a weaker squad and is able to score goals at the exact same standard as we are playing at, against the same teams we play against week in week out, in the same league we compete in.

I agree that he isn't a great player and wouldn't be first pick ahead of Lafferty and Naismith

but he is effective and you can't tell me, when we are desperately short in numbers up front, that a guy with a goal a game ratio, wouldn't be a more benefit to us as a 3rd choice striker at Hearts than being at Partick scoring for fun

Yes, but you are forgetting... the same experts on here who said Cowie is shite, are not about to go and admit they are thick as ****.

56 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

What league are we playing in, the one above Partick?

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Ah right... seven goals in seven games and multiple assists, but they are all lucky, scrappy or not stylish enough?

Funny that, because when he was with us and he was playing a big part for us, but just not hitting the net, we were told it’s all about goals and strikers are there to hit the net, nothing else. :lol:

Stop trying to rewrite history.  He did nothing for us. 

Don’t you remember his inability to jump and how poor he was at heading? 

How he used to hide in games and gave our midfield no outlet.   

Scoring a handful of goals for Patrick doesn’t mean he is good enough for us.

I wouldn't take him back. I think its all well and good being able to do it for a smaller team with smaller demands. No disrespect to Partick but we saw the same thing with Dennis Wyness and you could argue similar of Danny Swanson. Both looked shit hot playing for teams with low expectations but fold when there is a level of expectation.

I'd hope we can capitalise on his goal run and see if Partick want to make it permanent.

Not at all convinced that he'd maintain form if he came back, given the difference between the way Partick plays and the way we play, but I'm delighted for him. He couldn't find the goal with a GPS unit when he was with us but he always worked hard, never hid, didn't complain, and kept his head up.

I hope he helps keep Partick up and maybe makes us a bit back on a transfer at the end of the season. All the best to him but don't think bringing him back to Tynecastle is the answer.

Just now, McCrae said:

Stop trying to rewrite history.  He did nothing for us. 

Don’t you remember his inability to jump and how poor he was at heading? 

How he used to hide in games and gave our midfield no outlet.   

Scoring a handful of goals for Patrick doesn’t mean he is good enough for us.

Not rewriting anything. I stayed time and time again that he was contributing each week at the time. However, apparently it’s all about scoring goals and nothing else.

Hes not a ****ing target man. Who gives a **** how good he is at heading or jumping if he’s playing the ball in to dangerous areas, making incisive passes, occupying defenders and scoring goals.

He didn’t hide in games, he went out there each week and tied his best despite getting zero help from his ‘partner’ and had to put up with cat calls from simpletons.

His goals for Partick are in the same league as we are playing, and in spite of having worse players around him. That is a stupid argument.

We are paying the guy to score a goal a game for another club plus assists. It’s ****ing idiotic.

Just now, Ugly American said:

Not at all convinced that he'd maintain form if he came back, given the difference between the way Partick plays and the way we play, but I'm delighted for him. He couldn't find the goal with a GPS unit when he was with us but he always worked hard, never hid, didn't complain, and kept his head up.

I hope he helps keep Partick up and maybe makes us a bit back on a transfer at the end of the season. All the best to him but don't think bringing him back to Tynecastle is the answer.

The only reason I actually agree with you that he probably wouldn’t maintain it, is down to the high proportion of puddle-drinking ‘experts’ in our support who think you support a team by booing players in the warm up, or when they come on as a sub.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Not rewriting anything. I stayed time and time again that he was contributing each week at the time. However, apparently it’s all about scoring goals and nothing else.

Hes not a ****ing target man. Who gives a **** how good he is at heading or jumping if he’s playing the ball in to dangerous areas, making incisive passes, occupying defenders and scoring goals.

He didn’t hide in games, he went out there each week and tied his best despite getting zero help from his ‘partner’ and had to put up with cat calls from simpletons.

His goals for Partick are in the same league as we are playing, and in spite of having worse players around him. That is a stupid argument.

We are paying the guy to score a goal a game for another club plus assists. It’s ****ing idiotic.

How well did he do at Kilmarnock ?

In all honesty, I’m looking forward to him banging more in for Partick and making the thickos in our support look more and more stupid as each week passes.

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

In all honesty, I’m looking forward to him banging more in for Partick and making the thickos in our support look more and more stupid as each week passes.

He has scored 5 goals in the league with Partick this season. The same number of goals he scored for Killik after 14 appearances.  I won’t lose any sleep over the decision to put him out on loan.

Just now, McCrae said:

He has scored 5 goals in the league with Partick this season. The same number of goals he scored for Killik after 14 appearances.  I won’t lose any sleep over the decision to put him out on loan.

No, because you don’t put real life before your own prejudices. You would sooner turn down a goal a game than admit you got something hilariously wrong.

We need quality players at Hearts who score consistently and are on 100k a week. Harry Kane is decent, someone like him would do me. Sammon is rubbish and bald and just runs around and scores occasionally, not good enough.

12 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Confidence shattered by fans.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

We need quality players at Hearts who score consistently and are on 100k a week. Harry Kane is decent, someone like him would do me. Sammon is rubbish and bald and just runs around and scores occasionally, not good enough.

Embarrassing that we aren’t in for Kane. :(

18Jambo_dave74

Hopefully his current run of form is enough to drum up some interest for him in the summer as it would be the best for both parties if we could move him on and free up another wage.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would have him back. 

Me too mate 

Treated horrendously by morons in our support though 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Honestly “if we can” bring up back why not? not as if we are spoiled for choice in the striker department scoring goals at the moment.

Archived