Anyone remember "Irvine Jambo"?

mac

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was some tale!

I have to admit to being completely taken in by the boy & stuck up for him when folk had a go. 

When he fessed up I read back some of my posts from the day before... *cringe*.

I wonder what the guy is doing now.

Was he Godsajambo's Bro

Now he didny half take a few in on here

One of his best lies was  him being being mugged  and those on here who swallowed his lot

OMS

6 minutes ago, BigC said:

That was some tale!

I have to admit to being completely taken in by the boy & stuck up for him when folk had a go. 

When he fessed up I read back some of my posts from the day before... *cringe*.

I wonder what the guy is doing now.

I missed it what happened,was he outed as a hobo

chester copperpot

To think a Hibbee did a parachute jump to raise money in his honour still makes me laugh to this day ???

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Difficult poster to forget he was.

In all fairness, it seems before June the 5th this year, it seems you didnt know him either :smile:

4 minutes ago, highway said:

In all fairness, it seems before June the 5th this year, it seems you didnt know him either :smile:

LOL

Holyrood_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

People thought this was a real person?

Yeah. A 30 year old boxing champion & self made millionaire, married to a Bollywood star. What’s not to believe?!

I was on the forum back then but for some reason i dont remember it happening. I do know the story though as I've read about it on here. 

Bungalow Bill
29 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

To think a Hibbee did a parachute jump to raise money in his honour still makes me laugh to this day ???

One of the funniest things ever. Cracks me up to this day. 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

People thought this was a real person?

Coppercrutch got a mention as well.

Hi everyone, my name is Creag MacAllainnach. I'm a 6ft4 former heavy weight boxing champion. I am also married to an Indian Bollywood actress although i'm not telling her name (she might be one of the my myspace friends though - nudge nudge wink wink!!!lol lol roflmao lol) I used to live in America but i had to leave because i knocked out a Police officer. He did make me see the error of my ways and I found Jesus who came all over my life like a big wave of euphoria. Sadly i only have one baw. 

:( I love Heart of Midlothian and Scotland and i really really love the SNP. Alex Salmond is my homeboy. I'm independantly wealthy because i sold my chain of gyms (Big Boy Shufflers inc) and now live on the profits. I also do some work as a lecturer on a wealth of topics as i have 11 university degrees. I never let my missing baw hold me back in life, i just felt the other one, enjoyed it, smiled and then got on with my life and achieved!!!!! Peace and good will everyone but especially Hearts fans and the Tartan army. I love you all Creag

I know I pointed it out on the classics but seriously guys?

:gok:

:rofl:

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

•  

Written and created by a JKB member after the fact.

Probably my favourite week ever on Kickback went it all went down. It was something else, and pretty much impossible to summarise now. 

That said, the man wasn’t well. I hope he got the help he needed in the end.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

•  

That's brilliant.

I never let having one baw hold me back...

11 degree's!

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Quagmire!! Think I gave him money!!

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

One of Kickbacks greatest moments.

ToadKiller Dog
18 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Didn’t Therapist have more wealth ? 

A swimming pool in his mansion in the sky. 

This thread lead me back to the classics forum where i’ve just read the embarrassing moments one with John Mitchell, if ever you need cheering up thats the thread.

Worthing Jambo

A lesson to those who take this place far too seriously.

its an Internet forum posted on by people who don't (in general) use their own name!

Lighten up and enjoy the variety and range of opinions?

2 hours ago, highway said:

2 hours ago, smiler said:

LOL

Yeah,  very astute and funny.

I’d heard of the guy on here but had never read or knew the whole story.

Read back what I said to Ian on the infamous 5th of June.

The week where he was found out was genuinely must watch.

Shame the original thread has gone now.

Therapist was an annoying so and so but my god he was superb during this nonsense.

Lets turn this into an old posters thread. Bavarian Jam Tart!!!!

Just now, Notts1874 said:

The week where he was found out was genuinely must watch.

Shame the original thread has gone now.

Therapist was an annoying so and so but my god he was superb during this nonsense.

Lets turn this into an old posters thread. Bavarian Jam Tart!!!!

Kenny M and JamboRobbo.

Carl Fredrickson

I mind it well and his outing was unbelievable. I still dont know how the folk who outed him managed it. ie comparing posting styles between forums etc - hats off to them as I was/am clueless on such matters. 

IIRC didnt his mum force him into making an apology?

2 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Coppercrutch was a good poster. 

Pretty shite at predicting Edinburgh house price trends, though. Shame, as that seemed to be his/her obsessive focus. 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I mind it well and his outing was unbelievable. I still dont know how the folk who outed him managed it. ie comparing posting styles between forums etc - hats off to them as I was/am clueless on such matters. 

IIRC didnt his mum force him into making an apology?

JKB is pretty good at investigating a case when need be but this was something else. Even my work colleagues at the time were glued to their screens and they’d never used a forum before and weren’t Hearts fans or anything. It was ridiculous and amazing and awful and completely and utterly mesmerising at the same time. 

I didn’t really interact with him at all, I found him a bit of an arrogant show off and couldn’t be bothered. Looking back his stories just look mental and people must wonder why members fell for any of it but what you can’t now read about are the amazing and intricate lengths he went to in order to try and convince people he was the real deal. He went to quite astonishing lengths to present himself in a certain way. It was a lesson learned for all of us in loads and loads of different ways.

Therapist had him pegged early on, but nobody really grasped the full extent and depth of his deceptions until it all started unraveling. It was just....mental. Basically. 

I think that the main misunderstanding of the episode is that people think he deliberately created a whole person a just to fool people.

That's not how it panned out.

He just created an account as himself, then started exaggerating his life achievements, but then he got to a point where a West of Scotland supporters bus was being created and he fancied going on it, but realised that he would be outed as a fantasist. So he decided to kill off his online persona and come back as his old persona's nephew instead of as a new person completely. 

I think that he didn't want to let go of the old persona completely because he'd built up a lot of relationships on here and it would be easier to reintroduce himself as a relative rather than starting from scratch.

It was when people started enquiring about his "dead uncle", that he started spinning a web of lies and got caught up in them, digging deeper and deeper. 

I got caught up defending him because I was going on holiday to Riga and he had just been, and he PM'd me loads of useful info. (This was as his new persona, Craig_WoSH after the "death" of IrvineJambo and before the "outing" of Craig/Creag as the same person).

In that interaction he'd come across as a really nice bloke

I remembered reading a few of the original (old persona) IrvineJambo posts but hadn't followed him that closely. I used to ge more involved in the religion argument threads back then so that's where I mainly came across him. We were on different sides, but he was always courteous in his discussions. 

So when everyone piled on the newer Craig as a fantasist, I didn't believe it, because there was no motivation to make up the lie unless you were incredibly mentally unstable, which he didn't appear to be (but that's how it turned out). 

Crazy times.

5 hours ago, jambo1961 said:

Was he Godsajambo's Bro

Now he didny half take a few in on here

One of his best lies was  him being being mugged  and those on here who swallowed his lot

OMS

Irvine Jambo is unforgettable, but I don't remember that particular story!

3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

A swimming pool in his mansion in the sky. 

Therapist Towers, iirc. I actually enjoyed Therapist's posts, although his views were completely opposed to mine - if you had a go at him then he didn't get abusive back at you (probably because he didn't have time to as he was always "jetting off business class to some exotic destination or another" :)).

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Pretty shite at predicting Edinburgh house price trends, though. Shame, as that seemed to be his/her obsessive focus. 

There was someone else, whose username I unfortunately can't remember, who was a sort of walking apologist for the tobacco industry.  It was around 2005-2006, and he posted regularly to say that a lot of the stuff about the dangers of smoking was nonsense, and also claimed some kind of expertise in statistics to back up his opinions.

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Therapist Towers, iirc. I actually enjoyed Therapist's posts, although his views were completely opposed to mine - if you had a go at him then he didn't get abusive back at you (probably because he didn't have time to as he was always "jetting off business class to some exotic destination or another" :)).

Mostly to Asian GPs with him being a biker of course.

At the end of the day the guy was an out-and-out bigot and deserved to be punted

And fantasist of course

"Shaking with rage" was IJ, Inspector Jambo, totally different person, IJ is now educating the immigrant nation across the Atlantic

, it is to be hoped.

Irvine Jambo, hopefully young man you are not still going to Asda stores at midnight buying cat food (didn't have a cat) etc. All nonsense but for most part fun, serious concerns about mental health of the young boy who invented this persona.

What this also brings back is some of the great (albeit controversial) posters of the time who I would welcome back to this big family.  Copper.  IJ.  Acey.  Dexter and many many more who were part of a jamboskickback era.  Did they cross the line at times, yes, did they make valid points at times, yes....we seemed to go through a phase where the easiest thing was to ban/isolate them.  Would be nice if at some point we could all come back together and appreciate the differing views we may all have.   Work within that and not alienate those who don't buy into the majority.  Peace out :-)

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Yeah just goes to show that the internet is full of very weird people. Kickback is no exception. If someone is doing your head in on here just remember that they are probably as sad as this guy.

Archived