Hospitality vs Rangers

barcajambo

Did anybody else attend the hospitality offerings in the ‘Thistle Suite’ yesterday, interested to know peoples thoughts.

I attended with 7 others and it was nothing short of a disgrace.

Firstly, the tickets never arrived despite booking them 10 days in advance and we were passed from pillar to post to collect these today and in the end had to walk around Murrayfield looking for a member of staff called Jean!

Then in the two hours before kick off we only managed to get one drink, despite having our drinks order taken more than 5 times and being offered tea/coffee over 10 times pre-match.

How did everyone else find it?

17 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Did anybody else attend the hospitality offerings in the ‘Thistle Suite’ yesterday, interested to know peoples thoughts.

I attended with 7 others and it was nothing short of a disgrace.

Firstly, the tickets never arrived despite booking them 10 days in advance and we were passed from pillar to post to collect these today and in the end had to walk around Murrayfield looking for a member of staff called Jean!

Then in the two hours before kick off we only managed to get one drink, despite having our drinks order taken more than 5 times and being offered tea/coffee over 10 times pre-match.

How did everyone else find it?

God that sounds grim......   Sounds like last weeks "Apprentice " TV show...7 starters between 14...  Roll on the "skyline" lounge, don't you know.....  A better class of clientele.... 

21 minutes ago, hueyview said:

God that sounds grim......   Sounds like last weeks "Apprentice " TV show...7 starters between 14...  Roll on the "skyline" lounge, don't you know.....  A better class of clientele.... 

It was worse than the apprentice.  Half time no pies on our table, we asked for pies and got 4 macaroni between the 8 of us.

Was in hospitality for last week's game - it was very average. Pre-match food wasn't great, although I did make up for it with 3 steak pies at half time :D

Howdy Doody Jambo

it ws like a food market behind the stands, burgers, hog rossts pizza, fish and chips, coffee and fancy cakes and even an ice cream van, ive probably missed a few others 

linda.bisset100

I was there also & it was a shambles. Our table waited 50 minutes for our drinks order & we were only served after a complaint was made to the catering manager, but even then the order was wrong. I had ordered a glass of white wine & was given a full bottle, but no glass to drink from. Tea seemed to be plentiful but coffee rather elusive. It seemed that there were not nearly enough staff to cope with the amount of tables. Worst hospitality I have been to.

46 minutes ago, linda.bisset100 said:

I was there also & it was a shambles. Our table waited 50 minutes for our drinks order & we were only served after a complaint was made to the catering manager, but even then the order was wrong. I had ordered a glass of white wine & was given a full bottle, but no glass to drink from. Tea seemed to be plentiful but coffee rather elusive. It seemed that there were not nearly enough staff to cope with the amount of tables. Worst hospitality I have been to.

Glad I wasn’t the only one who felt it was shocking.

We had the exact same issue with the drinks.

a memeber of the murrayfield staff told me Hearts never wanted the cost of extra staff and drinks buckets on the table but had to put the buckets out as it had went so badly pre-match.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, linda.bisset100 said:

I had ordered a glass of white wine & was given a full bottle, but no glass to drink from. 

That qualifies as a bit of a result, surely :) Memo to yourself - always carry a straw when doing hospitality just in case.....

Not entirely hearts fault I would think. I had a corporate event there earlier in the year and it was pretty much the same.

it was a shambles. Ordered drinks at 11 and they arrived 11:55. Absolutely clueless and staff didn't know what they were doing. Far to many tables crammed in as well.

linda.bisset100
3 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

That qualifies as a bit of a result, surely :) Memo to yourself - always carry a straw when doing hospitality just in case.....

Yes a result on that one, but only had time to drink one glass before match started so had to hide the bottle & glass under the table or it would have been cleared away before half time as no drinks are served then, plan worked.

Hospitality at Tynecastle is usually very good,  so I hope it is just a Murrayfield issue. 

If it is that bad, perhaps let the club know.   They can maybe try to fix it, or perhaps give a part refund or discount for hospitality when we are home. 

Heard it's been terrible every game... Seen the staff getting bussed in at 9 when we were meeting to get flag up. Some looked a bit " rough " shall we say. 

4 hours ago, Paolo said:

Hospitality at Tynecastle is usually very good,  so I hope it is just a Murrayfield issue. 

If it is that bad, perhaps let the club know.   They can maybe try to fix it, or perhaps give a part refund or discount for hospitality when we are home. 

Definitely a Murrayfield issue, I seen the Hearts catering and hospitality team looking on helplessly.

6 hours ago, 80bob said:

Not entirely hearts fault I would think. I had a corporate event there earlier in the year and it was pretty much the same.

Sorry. 

It is entirely Hearts fault. If you take customers money you need to fulfill your promises and make sure things work. 

I think an Email to Budge will sort this out. She may know sod all about the football side, but she seems red hot on projecting a specific image for the club. 

6 minutes ago, 51john51 said:

Sorry. 

It is entirely Hearts fault. If you take customers money you need to fulfill your promises and make sure things work. 

I think an Email to Budge will sort this out. She may know sod all about the football side, but she seems red hot on projecting a specific image for the club. 

Do you have an e-mail address mate?

A St Johnstone supporting friend of mine was in the 'Up and Under' hospitality last week and commented that it was poor. 

He said it was far behind the experience that he'd had in the Willie Bauld suite at Tynecastle. 

9 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

A St Johnstone supporting friend of mine was in the 'Up and Under' hospitality last week and commented that it was poor. 

He said it was far behind the experience that he'd had in the Willie Bauld suite at Tynecastle. 

Just suspicious after a member of Murrayfield staff had said that Hearts had requested the cut back staff and don’t put buckets on the tables as apparently Hearts are charged per bucket.

I find it hard to believe that Rugby fans put up with that level of service,  no way!

That's disappointing to hear as the hospitality at tynecastle is normally spot on. As others have said I think you need to feedback to Hearts as you've paid for a service and it sounds like it was substandard. 

1 hour ago, 51john51 said:

Sorry. 

I was led to believe that Hearts have nothing to with any of the hospitality, food outlets etc at Murrayfield. We are only renting pitch and changing facilities. SRU run everything else and take the money from it. 

49 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Just suspicious after a member of Murrayfield staff had said that Hearts had requested the cut back staff and don’t put buckets on the tables as apparently Hearts are charged per bucket.

I find it hard to believe that Rugby fans put up with that level of service,  no way!

That's rubbish about the buckets of beer. This is normal for an early ko, they only put the buckets and wine out after the game. Having said that, we did wait an hour for our 1st beer, then asked for bottles of wine with several glasses, empty glasses arrived eventually an just as we were all leaving to go to our seats the waiter produces 4 pints of lager and 3 glasses of wine. At 12.25 !

Normal service was restored post match and must say I thought the food was excellent.

24 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

That's rubbish about the buckets of beer. This is normal for an early ko, they only put the buckets and wine out after the game. Having said that, we did wait an hour for our 1st beer, then asked for bottles of wine with several glasses, empty glasses arrived eventually an just as we were all leaving to go to our seats the waiter produces 4 pints of lager and 3 glasses of wine. At 12.25 !

Normal service was restored post match and must say I thought the food was excellent.

Hm, glad to hear it isn’t because of Hearts cutting back.

But yeah, service was shocking.  We had someone come to take our 5th beer order with no actual beer 15 mins prior to kick off.

food was spot on.

I also have to say, for a stadium called BT Murrayfield.  The lack of phone signal and WiFi throughout is laughable.

4 minutes ago, Mellor said:

According to the club website, the hospitality experience for Hearts fans at Murrayfield  is supposed to be 'incredible' with  'the famous Gorgie experience taking up residence in the very heart of BT Murrayfield':

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/hospitality

Good quote for my e-mail.

2 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

Who is it? I took a Sainty on there last week and usually take him to Willie Bauld. There isn't that many of them :D

Regardless of who’s fault it is, it is Hearts who are responsible.  

The contract is with Hearts and they should ensure that yoi get an experienced of at least wwual standards and quality to what you would have got at Tynecastle. 

So if it wasn’t what expected, then you should complain to Hearts and if the club wants or feels the need, they can take it up with Murrayfield. 

The he quoted text though does give the impression that Hearts are still running the show though. 

13 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Who is it? I took a Sainty on there last week and usually take him to Willie Bauld. There isn't that many of them :D

Nick B.

I suspect we may have a mutual acquaintance as I know his pal who paid for the day out was Duncan. 

2 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Nick B.

I suspect we may have a mutual acquaintance as I know his pal who paid for the day out was Duncan. 

That's him :thumbsup:

FWIW - Sainties hospitality is great - looking forward to December :D

20 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Good quote for my e-mail.

I've been to hospitality at Murrayfield prior to a 6 Nations game and I recall it being very efficient, especially as they were catering for a vast number of tables in each suite. 

1 hour ago, Mellor said:

I've been to hospitality at Murrayfield prior to a 6 Nations game and I recall it being very efficient, especially as they were catering for a vast number of tables in each suite. 

A damn site better than Easter Road I bet, with their famous mouse shite infested kitchens.  Did they ever clean that up?

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I was led to believe that Hearts have nothing to with any of the hospitality, food outlets etc at Murrayfield. We are only renting pitch and changing facilities. SRU run everything else and take the money from it. 

Even if this is true, it is irrelevant as the packages are being marketed and sold by Hearts and so they are responsible for the experience being up to the level expected by the customers.

Disappointed to hear this, to be honest, I went to hospitality for my birthday during the championship season and it was a fantastic experience. Probably my most enjoyable birthday ever! 

That doesn't sound right about the buckets? I mean why would Hearts involve themselves in hospitality at all? Surely Murrayfield arrange everything so Hearts wouldn't be in a position to reject buckets or whatever the ****.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

That doesn't sound right about the buckets? I mean why would Hearts involve themselves in hospitality at all? Surely Murrayfield arrange everything so Hearts wouldn't be in a position to reject buckets or whatever the ****.

I would be amazed, and disappointed, if Hearts had no input at all. After all, the club sold and marketed it as "Hearts hospitality at Murrayfield", which makes them ultimately responsible for the product.

It would be very poor management to market and sell something that you were simply passing on to someone else to do. 

10 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I would be amazed, and disappointed, if Hearts had no input at all. After all, the club sold and marketed it as "Hearts hospitality at Murrayfield", which makes them ultimately responsible for the product.

It would be very poor management to market and sell something that you were simply passing on to someone else to do. 

As per my previous post, Hearts are response.  

If the hospitality was not st least of the same standard as Tynecastle, then it should of been particularly given the quote you have highlighted, which not only suggests it would be, but also suggests it is Hearts hospitality as opposed to Murrryfield hospitality. 

4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

As per my previous post, Hearts are response.  

If the hospitality was not st least of the same standard as Tynecastle, then it should of been particularly given the quote you have highlighted, which not only suggests it would be, but also suggests it is Hearts hospitality as opposed to Murrryfield hospitality. 

Exactly. If it wasnt Hearts then perhaps "SRU hospitality for Hearts" would have been a better marketing stance to take. 

To charge the prices we did and then provide a sub standard product is extremely poor. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

As long as the club made £

Thats why we’re here after all.

As much as I am delighted for the club to make money, they still should meet a certain standard I’d someone is paying a lot money for a service. 

Being Hearts buys a higher tolerance level, but it doesn’t mean they get free reign to do or not do what they want, and not provide a standard of product or service as advertised.  

For example, if I bought a Hearts top, and it fell apart after one wash, I would not say ‘ah well, as long as the club make money’. 

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

As much as I am delighted for the club to make money, they still shoood meet a certain standard I’d someone is paying a lot money for a service. 

Being Hearts buys a higher tolerance level, but it doesn’t mean they get free reign to do or not do what they want, and not provide a standard of product or service as advertised.  

It was an (obviously poor) attempt at satire.

4 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

It was an (obviously poor) attempt at satire.

I am clearly a bit slow tonight. 

The thing is, some people will probably believe that is all that matters n

As I said before, this is the norm for an early ko. What happens is you get 40 or so tables of 10 trying to order drinks from the bar at the same time. This is the same in the Gorgie Suite. There is usually 1 waiter/waitress for every say 3 tables or so, so this does take time but never an hour. The guy we had was a total stress heed. Why they just don't do the usual an put wine & beer on the table from the off is beyond me. Then the folk who say want a short can order at their leisure.

2 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

As I said before, this is the norm for an early ko. 

I went to Parkhead for hospitality when we played there (12.30 ko) a few years ago and it was amazing. They could not have provided a better service: champagne and whatever else you wanted before kick off. And as soon as you finished a drink they were offering more. 

I went through work, btw, I didnt them any money....!! 

Archived