Those simple things in life

iantjambo

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I'm easy pleased me. Love a nap. Love stroking me cat. Love opening the chicken coop and finding a fresh egg. Love a clear star filled sky. Riding me motorbike through a tunnel.

The last one is a euphemism, right?

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Folding the clothes etc after they have been laundered.

And doing the ironing.

The wife says you got out of the army, but it never got out of you.

:oohmatron:

Салатные палочки

Lying on the bed with the kids watching a film with bowls of sweets and popcorn.

Waking up on a Sunday without a hangover, making a coffee and watching a pre-recorded MOTD.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cuddles from loved ones

High five!

In fact, just those wee moments where you're all 100% at peace and happy in each others company, just after laughing at a joke or something

Doctor FinnBarr

Even though I've never been a smoker, there always appeared to be something satisfying about opening the cellophane on a new packet, fishing out that gold paper and taking the first one out.

Then usually dropping it on the ground, the manky bassas, along with the 20 fag ends...sorry, that last bit should be on the seethe thread.

I'm so old now I can remember just dropping them on the floor in the Thule, taking care to miss the brawling dock workers of course

Sawdust Caesar

Getting to the bus stop just as your bus arrives. Also, seeing bus drivers wave to each other. I've no idea why that pleases me but it does.

Walking home under dark, grey skies and getting there just as the heavens open up.

Finding money, even just a fiver, in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn for 9 months.

Hearing Edinburgh or Scotland being mentioned in a Holywood film (that isn't set here).

When I was a kid I loved it when I found more than one toy in my Frosties box. Best I ever got was 3 in the same packet but I was in my 20s by then and just chucked them in the bin.

The_razors_edge

Getting up, striding in to my hallway and throwing darts at the dart board. A great way to de-stress. Sometimes I even get the kids involved. Use it for my 7 year old daughters maths...get her to total my scores. My wee boy has a soft tip one and I throw darts at my board and he throws his darts at his board. Great fun and something you can do with the family. Also watching my wee girl playing football while kicking a ball around with my wee boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuddles and the shout of ?daddy? as you come in the door.

Listening to my two kids laughing and joking together when they dont know i can see them playing.

Listening to my two kids laughing and joking together when they dont know i can see them playing.

That's a good one mate.

Dagger Is Back

Walking my dog Skye. Doesn't matter how shit a day I've had. Doesn't matter if it's warm, cold, wet or dry.

Watching her bounding across the grass chases away any dark shadows.

Walking my dog Skye. Doesn't matter how shit a day I've had. Doesn't matter if it's warm, cold, wet or dry.

Lovely post Dagger.

Bucketing rain outside, sitting on the couch in pj's and slippers drinking a cup of tea, knowing you have no need or intention of going out.

Coming home from a shift, sitting on the front step, listening to some chill music having a fag

Excellent

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Bucketing rain outside, sitting on the couch in pj's and slippers drinking a cup of tea, knowing you have no need or intention of going out.

Coming home from a shift, sitting on the front step, listening to some chill music having a fag

Excellent

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

All good apart from the fag.

That's your choice though mate so please enjoy :thumb:

I?ve just decided I fancy a big bowl of vanilla ice cream. The nice Carte D?or Madagascar vanilla stuff.

Just leaving it in the bowl to soften up before I get stuck into it. Then I?ll stir it vigorously so it goes all smooth and creamy.

This is very true. My kids are adults now but I still absolutely love seeing them laughing together and enjoying each others company.

chester copperpot

Very occasionally, my 11yr old daughter who is very grown up, will do something that reminds me that she's still a wee bairn at heart.

Also when she calls me daddy (normally because she wants something from me) still makes me smile.

When I was younger it was getting 2 salt bags in my packet of salt and shake crisps :lol:

Chasing the black dog away :)

I grew up with cats but jkb makes me right fancy a wee dug sometimes

Dagger Is Back

Chasing the black dog away :)

I grew up with cats but jkb makes me right fancy a wee dug sometimes

Aye. We've had her 10 years and I can't remember one occasion when I've moaned about taking her out.

Doesn't matter what the weathers like or what else is going on, it's special time.

Dog owners will get that.

Like you it was cats for me growing up. I had three at one stage and was dead against getting a dog.

I was outvoted 3-1 and I'm bloody glad I was.

Very occasionally, my 11yr old daughter who is very grown up, will do something that reminds me that she's still a wee bairn at heart.

Also when she calls me daddy (normally because she wants something from me) still makes me smile.

When I was younger it was getting 2 salt bags in my packet of salt and shake crisps :lol:

You're a good guy Chester.

Bridge of Djoum

Building stuff from ikea and receiving no help.

33c43d85aa126573fb90d6f0853da782.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That was supposed to be a sofa, though.

Watching my kids grow up from a tiny baby to actual people.

Freshly made sheets

New pillows

That feeling you get when your proud. Like proper butterflies and self satafication.

Saturday at noon.

My own two, my sister's two, all four in their early/mid teens v. Me. All four with different tastes and dietary requirements and me, alone, having to cater for the lot. It was like an Italian kitchen in a mafia movie.

Hot, bothered, ridiculed and knackered but loved every minute.

I nearly cried the first time my Springer Spaniel made her first retrieve. All the hours of training paid off when on the last day of the season 2 years ago I took her picking up. Sent her for a bird that she hadn't seen so it had to be scented and she found it and came straight back with it before presenting it to me perfectly.

A very emotional moment.

Watching my kids grow up from a tiny baby to actual people.

Freshly made sheets

New pillows

That feeling you get when your proud. Like proper butterflies and self satafication.

Heartwarming, but also sad in a way.

My daughter last night accepted the truth about Santa - the missus was in tears about it - but her first reaction to the news was thanking us for the presents we had bought her over the years. And then she was up this morning helping her wee brother pick out toys from a catalogue for Santa to bring him for Christmas.

Oh, and a simple pleasure for me is tidying the kitchen whilst listening to the radio.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Getting to the bus stop just as your bus arrives. Also, seeing bus drivers wave to each other. I've no idea why that pleases me but it does.

Walking home under dark, grey skies and getting there just as the heavens open up.

Finding money, even just a fiver, in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn for 9 months.

Hearing Edinburgh or Scotland being mentioned in a Holywood film (that isn't set here).

When I was a kid I loved it when I found more than one toy in my Frosties box. Best I ever got was 3 in the same packet but I was in my 20s by then and just chucked them in the bin.

I can't believe someone else has this! I always look to see if bus drivers wave to each other. It makes me happy. I look to see if drivers of different companies wave, and if they are doing it out of duty or because they want to ie some don't look and barely put their hand up, some are more obvious.

I've noticed that they don't really do it in the centre of town. I think it's because there are too many buses so they would be waving all the time.

My sister and boyfriend think I'm really odd for caring about this so much. I suppose it is odd, but it makes me happy.

I can't believe someone else has this! I always look to see if bus drivers wave to each other. It makes me happy. I look to see if drivers of different companies wave, and if they are doing it out of duty or because they want to ie some don't look and barely put their hand up, some are more obvious.

I've noticed that they don't really do it in the centre of town. I think it's because there are too many buses so they would be waving all the time.

My sister and boyfriend think I'm really odd for caring about this so much. I suppose it is odd, but it makes me happy.

I'm with you both on this. In fact any positive interaction between folk who don't or may not know each other gives me a feeling of happiness, even if it's just two people smiling, saying "good morning" or holding a door open. I'm very much a believer in the fact that we're all Jock Tamson's bairns, and that in modern society most of us seem to remain insular and closed to "strangers", so anything that proves otherwise gives me hope.

Leaving town on my way to work this morning, around 4.45 so it was dark and foggy. The car heading towards me held their full beam on to tell me to dip my lights.

Didn't even have my full beam on so they got it right back. 

It's all about the small victories.

:rudi:

Watching my kids trying hard - doesnt matter if it is sports or singing or dancing or acting in a play - when I see them doing their best I feel really proud.

When an online grocery shop has no substitutions or missing items.

Making your own bread from scratch. 
Slicing that bread into perfectly even slices with neither heel being too thin or too thick.

When Hearts win at football.

Slicing that bread into perfectly even slices with neither heel being too thin or too thick.

Making bread is great. Havent done it for years though.

When online shopping and you score an amazing substitute. My best was when I ordered a litre of Tescos special reserve whisky. As they had none, and it was obviously new making up the orders, someone leaving or just someone who didn't give a feck. In its place I got a litre of black label. Wish they put the packers name on the receipt you get so o could buy him/her a few pints.

As for making home made bread, nothing beats the smell wafting around the house when it's in the oven.

Archived