Ann budge leadership

Selkirkhmfc1874

Ann Budge deals with all off field matters, that's been clear from the off! Levein deals with all footballing matters, he gets a budget and gets the final say on transfers. He chooses the head coach and only he will choose to fire the head coach. This system will continue. We've had a bad six months, one terrible transfer window and one dodgy manager (can still save his self and I think he will!) Let's stop bickering it will not change what is going to happen on the park, back the board, back the manager and back the players.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sandylejambo

Ann Budge deals with all off field matters, that's been clear from the off! Levein deals with all footballing matters, he gets a budget and gets the final say on transfers. He chooses the head coach and only he will choose to fire the head coach. This system will continue. We've had a bad six months, one terrible transfer window and one dodgy manager (can still save his self and I think he will!) Let's stop bickering it will not change what is going to happen on the park, back the board, back the manager and back the players.

over 1300 season tickets bought, 8000 FOH donators, I think we have backed them enough, it's about time the board back us and emptied the football high heed yins, they are not doing their bit, we are.

over 1300 season tickets bought, 8000 FOH donators, I think we have backed them enough, it's about time the board back us and emptied the football high heed yins, they are not doing their bit, we are.

Football fans generally don't pick and choose when they back the club according to who's in charge. It's the 11 on the pitch that count.

Football fans generally don't pick and choose when they back the club according to who's in charge. It's the 11 on the pitch that count.

They aren't doing even a satisfactory job of putting a good side on the pitch is the general point being made. Another season underway and we have the likes of Hamilton, Bauben, McGhee, Cowie starting first team games. Along with that players like Walker and Djoum in limbo which may or may not be impacting on us making moves but should have been dealt with one way or another. Given they've had since the final whistle at Easter road in February to start organizing for mid July and the start of competitive games then in my book they are doing a pretty dismal job.

They aren't doing even a satisfactory job of putting a good side on the pitch is the general point being made. Another season underway and we have the likes of Hamilton, Bauben, McGhee, Cowie starting first team games. Along with that players like Walker and Djoum in limbo which may or may not be impacting on us making moves but should have been dealt with one way or another. Given they've had since the final whistle at Easter road in February to start organizing for mid July and the start of competitive games then in my book they are doing a pretty dismal job.

It's not been the best since last January that's for sure. Up until then, Title and promotion, then 3rd, then 2nd near end 2016 was more than satisfactory all things considered. 

colinmaroon

That it? ..... yawn

Yup!

No need to go into a long speel when you're reekin' of Leith.

When you combine the mucky yuckies with the Levein agendees, another predictable boring, Deja vu thread.

It's not been the best since last January that's for sure. Up until then, Title and promotion, then 3rd, then 2nd near end 2016 was more than satisfactory all things considered.

Which I'd suggest is the point being made relentlessly by many on here. January onwards = Cathro's reign in charge.

More details on this please. Who has he surrounded himself with and how are they preventing our head coach from doing his job?

You are having a laugh.

You are having a laugh.

Not at all. Please explain your comment.

Names and examples of what they do to hinder our head coach please.

Looking forward to his answer to this as well.....

The Future's Maroon

Good work by TFM on this thread. There's an absolute wankery of hobos around at the moment- genuine collective noun, btw.

Mrs Budge's leadership is beyond reproach. She has been honest from the start that she doesn't ( or didn't) know much about the football side of things. I'm guessing she knows a lot more, now. I think targets will have been set for this season, and if there are early signs of those targets bing missed, changes will be made wherever they're required. At the same time she's overseeing the delivery of a new main stand incorporating offices and club shop, and working with the SPFL, something which many on here wee mor than happy about. While everything isn't rosy teamwise, we can at least cut Mrs Budge a bit slack, surely?

Thanks, it wasn't to make myself look good, I am growing very close to not bothering with JKB anymore due to the infiltrators on here. I have said before I used to help run a football forum, arse holes like the many we have on here just make the place unbearable at times.

Lots of great posters on here, I'll even include the couple of Sheep who frequent, but the fake fans and trolls are spoiling it.

I got shot down before for saying this, but the mods here really need to up their game and start the cull.

Of course, the reaction to most idiots on here (mine included) is what they want.

I'm waiting for the answer as well...its going to be an earth shattering revelation this one....

As you add to your post count, try and write in paragraphs. That gave me a migraine.

Well you weren't obligated to read it...but I'm glad it did give you a migraine. In addition, my post count like your comments are irrelevant seeing as I won't bother to add my tuppence worth on here again. It's not the number of posts but the content...yours just seem to be disparaging remarks about format and syntax. In short, get bent!

Pants Shaton

Fairly sure the long departed IJ called it as 10%?

I'm aware of this - things have gotten worse. Not least because some of the good guys are no longer with us.

Thanks, it wasn't to make myself look good, I am growing very close to not bothering with JKB anymore due to the infiltrators on here. I have said before I used to help run a football forum, arse holes like the many we have on here just make the place unbearable at times.

Lots of great posters on here, I'll even include the couple of Sheep who frequent, but the fake fans and trolls are spoiling it.

I got shot down before for saying this, but the mods here really need to up their game and start the cull.

Of course, the reaction to most idiots on here (mine included) is what they want.

Well said and also to Haken.

I'm aware of this - things have gotten worse. Not least because some of the good guys are no longer with us.

The place used to hunt vermin for fun that allowed proper fans to debate .

davemclaren

The place used to hunt vermin for fun that allowed proper fans to debate .

If you think that someone is a Hibs troll then use the report function and it will be investigated. Believe it or not, some Hearts supporters can be very negative about things, rightly or wrongly. :)

Cruyff Turn

And still no answer.

That's because he's full of hot air. Not said anything all summer, we lose and he's like a rabid dug with a bone.

If you think that someone is a Hibs troll then use the report function and it will be investigated. Believe it or not, some Hearts supporters can be very negative about things, rightly or wrongly. :)

I never said Hibs but there is definitely a group on here who delight in Hearts losing.

Buffalo Bill

Hate to be that guy, but the stand is over budget and we already had a funding shortfall, unless I'm mistaken.

Ann had to solve a number of problems in order to get this stand built, including tough negotiations with the council, HSE, the distillery, the nursery and owners of the McLeod St buildings, all before we even got to the funding stage.

The majority of funding is in place, and the stand will generate new income streams for years to come, as well as increasing capacity and vastly improving facilities.

Buffalo Bill

We had a dreadful end to last season due in part to poor activity in the last two transfer windows. If we balls it up a third time, I suspect the head coach will lose his job but the DoF's position should also come under scrutiny too, imo. If it comes to that, it would be a real test of Ann's leadership qualities.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

Personally I think the communication between the club and fans regarding the football side of our club is piss poor,we get tiny snippets of shite from Cathro (who problaby doesn't know himself what were doing) that turns out to be guff and Levein calls a PR interview every 6 months to tell us we've made mistakes,no shit Sherlock.

Stick with it, bud.  Use the ignore function if required.  As I've said before, I don't use ignore; I use certain posters' views as a barometer for my own.

I don't think we need the 'Hibs' adjective and your second sentence is spot on.  Negativity is absolutely fine and can provide constructive challenge.  Those posters are around most of the time and make their points well enough.  It's the tub-thumpers who only ever appear after we've lost that tend to grind people's gears a bit.

ford donald

We do not need a DOF,novice managers should not in charge of Hearts.Sort those two problems,then we are up and away happy days.

We do not need a DOF,novice managers should not in charge of Hearts.Sort those two problems,then we are up and away happy days.

Nailed it!!  Budge was sold an absolute pup by Levein - time to end his ego driven fantasy plan!

Nailed it!! Budge was sold an absolute pup by Levein - time to end his ego driven fantasy plan!

I was never a fan of leveins style when he was previously manager.

And i concede he has power at Hearts.

But......

And i know people hate hearing this he was part of the package that saved this club.

He was hand in hand with Budge along with the Hearts support in general.

I think it has to be judged over the 5 year period set out.

And i also believe that Cathro wi?l have to deliver soon.

But it wont be Budge who decides.

Thats a quality imo.

Rightly or wrongly leveins the dof and thats his department.

At the same time there are obvious ones.

For my part i pity the weirdos but im prone to going of on one as it is.And thats at obvious Hearts supporters.

So it could result in bans etc.

I dont know how you can even prove such a thing.

But it does seem like certain posters are in fact the one guy.

Going by style.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Tin hat on.

I think she is more interested in image friendship sporting integrity being a nice place to visit like an afternoon at Dobbies than ruthlessly trying to destroy Hibs.

Her perception of what Hearts should be is excellent from a business perspective for middle class to ordinary families.

But she doesn't get tribalism or the rabid hunger for success. Sadly many people are accepting you cant win all of the time.

Shit is going to hit the fan this time round.

For the first time it is highly possible we could be chasing Hibs. Teddy bears picnic til now. That's going to change unless the team improves rapidly

ford donald

Tin hat on.

I think she is more interested in image friendship sporting integrity being a nice place to visit like an afternoon at Dobbies than ruthlessly trying to destroy Hibs.

Her perception of what Hearts should be is excellent from a business perspective for middle class to ordinary families.

But she doesn't get tribalism or the rabid hunger for success. Sadly many people are accepting you cant win all of the time.

For the first time it is highly possible we could be chasing Hibs. Teddy bears picnic til now. That's going to change unless the team improves rapidly

I am convinced we will be chasing Hibs,whatever peoples perception of Lennon he is a good manager,

Cathro v Lennon there is only going to be one winner,his team are scoring goals for fun,always looking for quality players,

as much as I dislike him,I do respect his ability as a manager.Wish I could say the same about ours.

Tin hat on.

And to be fair as the figurehead of the club id rather that than sneaky bitter petrie.

Its up to us to create and demand from levein downwards the things you mention.

Hibs have had slight success over us recently.

But do you want a snivelling petrie who deflected his clubs woes with snidey classless comments about us.

My only criticism of Budge is that much more slack is given to young supporters.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

And to be fair as the figurehead of the club id rather that than sneaky bitter petrie.

Its up to us to create and demand from levein downwards the things you mention.

Hibs have had slight success over us recently.

But do you want a snivelling petrie who deflected his clubs woes with snidey classless comments about us.

My only criticism of Budge is that much more slack is given to young supporters.

Yes many many good things but a nice club is not going to attract fan's in the long term.

Eternally grateful for what she has done but if you stand still in football you go back

BobbyJenkins

Ann budge is doing a fine job. Have some patience n perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And still no answer.

Strange that. I'm sure he must have evidence and examples at hand, I don't doubt that for a second.

But by failing to reply it kind of looks like he's a slavering idiot who is just spilling any old garbage that enters his head out onto the internet, unfiltered. 

Sure he'll keep us right and clear things up soon. :)

I am convinced we will be chasing Hibs,whatever peoples perception of Lennon he is a good manager,

Cathro v Lennon there is only going to be one winner,his team are scoring goals for fun,always looking for quality players,

as much as I dislike him,I do respect his ability as a manager.Wish I could say the same about ours.

exactly this. cathro will fail. for all his coaching and tactical savvy at the end of the day he cant motivate his teams and i think that is a lot to do with him not having played the game. this season is a write off already.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Earth calling Mitch41. Come in Mitch we can't here you.

He's outside CLs house demanding answers so he can come back and tell us! Or in his bedroom thrashing that he's so popular on JKB

What a ridiculous thing to say.

And meanwhile back on the subject....Budge, like some of our previous "owners" started incredibly well and therefore has credit in the bank. She may however be a little bit out of touch with the fans at times and I worry about the stand overspend. I don't envy her position if there is not a substantial improvement on the park as she will either fudge it or have tough calls to make. Bet her wee cruise boat is looking good to her !

Has there ever been confirmation from Mrs Budge about exactly what the overspend on the new stand project is ?

The BBC said the cost was heading towards 14 million but I've heard nothing official.

Perhaps part of the overspend is to cover the possibility of renting Murrayfield for one or more games.

I'm not ITK or anything but would account for such a large increase in costs.

Big Slim Stylee

Well you weren't obligated to read it...but I'm glad it did give you a migraine. In addition, my post count like your comments are irrelevant seeing as I won't bother to add my tuppence worth on here again. It's not the number of posts but the content...yours just seem to be disparaging remarks about format and syntax. In short, get bent!

Sorry to see you go.

scott herbertson

Still no word on Levein's devious inner circle of saboteurs?

Those who knew about them or have even hinted that they existed have been quietly removed

I miss Mitch

So Levein has Ann Budge under control regarding Cathro, so far.

meanwhile Levein's pals like Daly, Kirk, the Cowdenbeath flop ect form a queue in Levein's fantasy bootroom to be the next Head Coach when Cathro & co move on.

You could've copied and pasted that from a thread in January.

We've been around this merry-go-round before.

And almost weekly.

There vas been too many 'one off' games for my liking, and we need to change our philsophy on coaches if it does not improve pronto.

Nookie Bear

I was never a fan of leveins style when he was previously manager.

And i concede he has power at Hearts.

But......

And i know people hate hearing this he was part of the package that saved this club.

He was hand in hand with Budge along with the Hearts support in general.

I think it has to be judged over the 5 year period set out.

And i also believe that Cathro wi?l have to deliver soon.

But it wont be Budge who decides.

Thats a quality imo.

Rightly or wrongly leveins the dof and thats his department.

I think we have to accept the fact that the 5 year plan is dead in the water and we need to concentrate on the immediate future.

Nookie Bear

Tin hat on.

I agree, although you must have forgotten Dobbies away back in 1983? Carnage.

I get why Budge sees being friendly as a good model for a football club but my fear is that this "nice" attitude is seeping into our team and management as well. Was Cathros placid approach and supposed intelligence a huge selling point to Ann, over and above his ability to motivate??

doctor jambo

I have my reservations about Ann, and have had since the beginning.

FoH have donated enough money to already own the club, yet we own NONE of it.

She happily diverts money from the fans into what she thinks should be done.

she is also a bit hard on our fans sometimes ( though sometimes this is deserved

Alarm bells for me when she only "loaned" us the money to save ourselves- I'd have donated it.

ANd now the loan is not being paid back ASAP as she diverts it into other things no matter how worthy,

We are no more fan owned than we were 3 years ago

The Treasurer

I have my reservations about Ann, and have had since the beginning.

FoH have donated enough money to already own the club, yet we own NONE of it.

She happily diverts money from the fans into what she thinks should be done.

she is also a bit hard on our fans sometimes ( though sometimes this is deserved

Alarm bells for me when she only "loaned" us the money to save ourselves- I'd have donated it.

ANd now the loan is not being paid back ASAP as she diverts it into other things no matter how worthy,

We are no more fan owned than we were 3 years ago

You bring up some valid (if unpopular) points here doc.

While we should always be grateful for what she did in putting up the initial cash required, it's nothing that each and every one of us wouldn't have done if we were in the fortunate position to do so. In fact I'd say plenty of ordinary fans have put in much more (in relation to their financial position) than AB has done, without the prospect of it being paid back.

I'm not saying that she should go or anything like that and most of what she has done has to be applauded. However this is the first big test in terms of making difficult decisions regarding the football side of things and so far she has not shown the leadership required.

Archived