McInnes off to Sunderland?

davieholt

It's only a matter of time before Aberdeen struggle, in a few months we will have a cracking stadium, fantastic training facilities and no debt, Aberdeen have neither and are due to lash out upwards of 30 million to get there....let's see how that goes...

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fort Vallance

Real Hearts fans hate Aberdeen.

I remember the good old days when we were allowed to hate everybody.

Ally McCoist being lined up to replace McIness at Aberdeen!

I hope so.

Somehow I don't think McInnes will get the Sunderland job.  Nigel Pearson is what I was told but we'll see.

La_Leyenda

It's only a matter of time before Aberdeen struggle, in a few months we will have a cracking stadium, fantastic training facilities and no debt, Aberdeen have neither and are due to lash out upwards of 30 million to get there....let's see how that goes...

Aye, we've been hearing this from Hearts fans for two years now.

Hearts have just finished 30 (thirty) points behind Aberdeen. It's going to take a lot more than a new stand and Christophe Berra to close that gap.

socrates82

Hearts have just finished 30 (thirty) points behind Aberdeen. It's going to take a lot more than a new stand and Christophe Berra to close that gap.

Two whole years! Hearts have been streets ahead of Aberdeen for most of the last couple of decades, so I suppose you can have your two years of finishing above us in the league.

In the last 20 seasons we've finished ahead of Aberdeen 11 times and they've finished ahead of us 9 times.  We've won 3 Scottish Cups, they've won the League Cup once.  Our crowds have been bigger than theirs 18 times.  They have had bigger crowds twice.

Bridge of Djoum

Mcinnes was an abject failure at Bristol City. Would be a huge risk for Sunderland that they don't have to take. I'll put this down to pre cup final mischief making.

You're probably right. It's monotonous in the extreme that before every game against one of those arse cheeks, there will be a negative story or an article linking an opposition player or manager with a move away. It's quite depressing that there doesn't even need to be an iota of truth in what the Glasgow press print. Buying the S*n or the Record just encourages those sycophantic *****.

It does encourage a healthy discussion though, concerning the possible ''managerial merry-go-round''. I can't see him going to Sunderland. He might want to go, but I think the Mackems will be aiming a bit higher. McInnes, if he leaves, will go to a team hoping to stabilize in the Championship, maybe a plucky push for the play-offs, rather than a team expected to be promoted. 

Two whole years! Hearts have been streets ahead of Aberdeen for most of the last couple of decades, so I suppose you can have your two years of finishing above us in the league.

It's actually the last 5 years Aberdeen have finished above Hearts. But apart from the Jimmy Calderwood era when we finished above Hearts 3 out of 5 seasons Hearts have been far better since the mid 90's before McInnes came in. We made some shocking managerial appointments that set us back years the likes of Alex Miller, Skovdahl, McGhee and Steve Paterson (who spent most of his time drinking himself into oblivion instead of managing the team). Hopefully those bad days are over. Hearts fans know only too well from this season how bad managerial appointments can have a terrible effect on your club. Thankfully we have good and clever people running the club now in George Yule and Duncan Fraser. I still think Cathro will be gone before Christmas the boy just doesn't cut it as a manager. He just doesn't have the authority or communication skills. No doubt he's probably a good coach and that is what he will go back to once Hearts inevitably replace him with a proper manager.

Hows your new stadium coming along? You chucked up that new train station yet?

Btw - i'd wager that Aberdeen will NOT finish 30 points ahead of Hearts next year.

Thus, the gap WILL close.

Feel free to take that bet if you wish.

Hows your new stadium coming along? You chucked up that new train station yet?

Btw - i'd wager that Aberdeen will NOT finish 30 points ahead of Hearts next year.

Thus, the gap WILL close.

Feel free to take that bet if you wish.

I should hope you wouldn't finish 30 points behind as that was a hugely embarrassing gap. So yes I agree the gap will quite obviously close. We have just finished 2nd in the league yet again with a record points total for a non old firm team breaking the record we set last season. We have got to both cup finals as well but you know what...if we lose on Saturday it all means very little. That's because the only gap that truly matters in Scottish football is the gap between Celtic and the rest. If we lose on Saturday I won't look back on this season with much pride. First is everything and second is nothing. I couldn't actually give a toss about finishing 30 points above Hearts and 9 points above Rangers if we win nothing.

Bad Religion

I should hope you wouldn't finish 30 points behind as that was a hugely embarrassing gap. So yes I agree the gap will quite obviously close. We have just finished 2nd in the league yet again with a record points total for a non old firm team breaking the record we set last season. We have got to both cup finals as well but you know what...if we lose on Saturday it all means very little. That's because the only gap that truly matters in Scottish football is the gap between Celtic and the rest. If we lose on Saturday I won't look back on this season with much pride. First is everything and second is nothing. I couldn't actually give a toss about finishing 30 points above Hearts and 9 points above Rangers if we win nothing.

How many points did you finish behind Celtic?

How many points did you finish behind Celtic?

I think it was 30 points. And that gap is the only gap that truly matters which is what I've been saying. Who gives a toss where everyone else finished with a gap like that. Makes grim reading for Scottish football as they are just going to get stronger and stronger with CL money, sell on clause from Van Dijk money, Dembele worth ?20m plus etc. Depressing stuff.

I think it was 30 points. And that gap is the only gap that truly matters which is what I've been saying. Who gives a toss where everyone else finished with a gap like that. Makes grim reading for Scottish football as they are just going to get stronger and stronger with CL money, sell on clause from Van Dijk money, Dembele worth ?20m plus etc. Depressing stuff.

Pretty much spot on, I have to say. 

Your comrade Leyenda seemed to be suggesting otherwise suggesting it would take more than a new stand and Berra to close the gap.

Theres no denying this has been a bad year for Hearts, but its not one I'd expect to happen again next year, regardless of what else happens transfer wise.

Its all fine and well bleating on about back to back record points totals in the SPL and getting to cup finals, but the harsh reality of the fact is that since last lifting the Scottish Cup in 1990 (27 years ago), the one and only thing you've won of note is a sole league cup.

Like you say, id imagine just about every single Aberdeen fan would happily have finished only 1 point ahead of Hearts in exchange for winning the cup this weekend. Aberdeens 'success' in over the last couple of decades is as pitiful in terms of honours as anyone elses in the league in all honesty.

The rest of us have to become smarter at defending and counter attacking when playing celtic. Clubs need to look at stronger and faster players out wide as right now Celtic just push most clubs off the ball.

I think hearts have to look at the 70points mark as the target, Aberdeen done well to hit that 3 seasons in a row and have been unlucky that Celtic have gained strength rather than having a poor season to have a challenge at the top end. 70points is now the bar set to push 2nd.

I almost think for the rest of us (obv not for aberdeen) but Celtic winning on Saturday may be a negative for them next season, when you have hit the pinnacle then where can you go from there, fans may get on the players back quicker if the lose a game or new players may not handle the expectations of winning every single game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

The last 3 years seem to have caused some collective amnesia .. what about the 20 years prior to that ..

Your comrade Leyenda seemed to be suggesting otherwise suggesting it would take more than a new stand and Berra to close the gap.

Theres no denying this has been a bad year for Hearts, but its not one I'd expect to happen again next year, regardless of what else happens transfer wise.

Its all fine and well bleating on about back to back record points totals in the SPL and getting to cup finals, but the harsh reality of the fact is that since last lifting the Scottish Cup in 1990 (27 years ago), the one and only thing you've won of note is a sole league cup.

Like you say, id imagine just about every single Aberdeen fan would happily have finished only 1 point ahead of Hearts in exchange for winning the cup this weekend. Aberdeens 'success' in over the last couple of decades is as pitiful in terms of honours as anyone elses in the league in all honesty.

We've actually won 2 trophies since we last won the Scottish Cup as we won the League Cup in 1995. But I agree it is a pitiful return for that period of time much the same as Hearts' is as well. I think you maybe didn't read my post fully as I'm certainly not bleating about back to back points totals and getting to cup finals. I'm saying if we don't win the cup final then it all means jack $hit. Just like it meant nothing when we lost the LC final. Finishing second in the league or cups means nothing when you get no silverware at the end of the season. I'd happily swap places in the league with Hearts this season if it meant lifting that cup on Saturday. Because like I said earlier the only gap that truly matters is that between first and the rest. Everything else is pretty irrelevant. First is everything second is nothing whether it's the league or the cups. Finishing second especially means nothing when the gap between Celtic and the rest is so vast.

Prince Buaben

Can't believe popcorn teeth is not the favourite for this vacancy.

The Sunderland or Aberdeen?

Bad Religion

We've actually won 2 trophies since we last won the Scottish Cup as we won the League Cup in 1995. But I agree it is a pitiful return for that period of time much the same as Hearts' is as well. I think you maybe didn't read my post fully as I'm certainly not bleating about back to back points totals and getting to cup finals. I'm saying if we don't win the cup final then it all means jack ****. Just like it meant nothing when we lost the LC final. Finishing second in the league or cups means nothing when you get no silverware at the end of the season. I'd happily swap places in the league with Hearts this season if it meant lifting that cup on Saturday. Because like I said earlier the only gap that truly matters is that between first and the rest. Everything else is pretty irrelevant. First is everything second is nothing whether it's the league or the cups. Finishing second especially means nothing when the gap between Celtic and the rest is so vast.

Good luck on Saturday, hope you keep the score down to less than 5.

He's done a cracking job at Aberdeen. Would be a huge loss for them. Pains me to say cause I can't stand him or Aberdeen.

Good luck on Saturday, hope you keep the score down to less than 5.

Well they haven't put 5 past us yet this season in the way they have against Rangers and Hearts. But yes if they are on their A game they are easily capable of scoring 4 or 5 or more against anyone in Scotland. As you well know from first hand experience.

Can we mot just have a dedicated Dandy thread where our dandy 'friends' post all their thoughts about everthing dandy related and we can likewise take the michael out of them for when McInnes does eventually leave and normality returns!!

#nobodylikesadandy

:)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going to be hard for Aberdeen soon. The ceiling has been reached the new stadium is under considerable doubt, and the better players are beginning to look elsewhere. The management will know their stock is peak.

30 point gap doesn't concern me.

We started rebuild in January, Aberdeen may well have to do so soon. With that the continuity will be washed away while simultaneously improving rivals.

Budgets will be increased around them too. Getting their hands on the best local talent will become more competitive and in turn place constraints on what value they have achieved in the past 5 years.

They have done very well this season and that has alerted other clubs to their staff, heads are turning Aberdeen have now got the same problem arriving we have faced over the past 20 years

Well they haven't put 5 past us yet this season in the way they have against Rangers and Hearts. But yes if they are on their A game they are easily capable of scoring 4 or 5 or more against anyone in Scotland. As you well know from first hand experience.

you were doing well there red, now GTF

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Opening game of the season is the only game of the season that any team has put Celtic under pressure. Irony being it cost us on the counter attack. League Cup may only have been 3 but was flattering for Aberdeen putting it mildly.

We may have been poor against Aberdeen this season as we have several teams, but in all honesty Aberdeen aren't even half the team Celtic are.

Enjoy the day out though

Can we mot just have a dedicated Dandy thread where our dandy 'friends' post all their thoughts about everthing dandy related and we can likewise take the michael out of them for when McInnes does eventually leave and normality returns!!

#nobodylikesadandy

:)

Normality has never gone away. The old firm win virtually everything bar the odd cup here and there that has happened ever since Fergie left Aberdeen. The rest of the teams fight for the scraps. That is the normality of Scottish football. It's never changed for over 30 years.

Opening game of the season is the only game of the season that any team has put Celtic under pressure. Irony being it cost us on the counter attack. League Cup may only have been 3 but was flattering for Aberdeen putting it mildly.

We may have been poor against Aberdeen this season as we have several teams, but in all honesty Aberdeen aren't even half the team Celtic are.

Enjoy the day out though

Who is claiming they are half the team Celtic are? No-one is and backs up what I say that being second to them is nothing to brag about. We actually put them under huge pressure and pushed them back the whole of the second half in the 3-1 game at Pittodrie the other week and created numerous clear cut chances. But you always felt Celtic could go up another gear if they had to. They are head and shoulders above the rest. Depressing but true.

Good news for us maybe

Not for them, did you see the mess of the Bristol City gig before he signed for The Sheep?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who is claiming they are half the team Celtic are? No-one is and backs up what I say that being second to them is nothing to brag about. We actually put them under huge pressure and pushed them back the whole of the second half in the 3-1 game at Pittodrie the other week and created numerous clear cut chances. But you always felt Celtic could go up another gear if they had to. They are head and shoulders above the rest. Depressing but true.

Must have been watching a different game to me and most others. First half was end to end once it got to 3-0 Celtic in 11 minutes, but the 2nd half was most definitely a snore fest

Would be interesting to see if he takes the likes of Shinnie, McLean & Hayes with him.

Must have been watching a different game to me and most others. First half was end to end once it got to 3-0 Celtic in 11 minutes, but the 2nd half was most definitely a snore fest

We'll agree to disagree. We pushed them back most of the second half and missed some very decent chances and could easily have had a penalty. But regardless no-one has really come close to beating them all season domestically. It would likely take something very drastic for that to change on Saturday.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We undoubtedly came closest on day 1. Statistically quite even, Hearts edging shots on and total shots, Celtic possession and corners. Rodgers made very good subs late on to steal it. I wouldn't reading too much into our horsing to be honest, our fragile 6 monthers had downed tools by then.

We undoubtedly came closest on day 1. Statistically quite even, Hearts edging shots on and total shots, Celtic possession and corners. Rodgers made very good subs late on to steal it. I wouldn't reading too much into our horsing to be honest, our fragile 6 monthers had downed tools by then.

Motherwell probably came closest in the 4-3 game at Fir Park and Rangers were in the 1-1 at Parkhead. We've kept them down to 1-0 twice this season. The best chance we have got is to keep it close until the last 20 minutes or so and hope they get nervous as the reality of a treble closes in on them and that we get lucky. Much easier said than done.

you were doing well there red, now GTF

If someone writes a sarcastic post aimed at me I'm perfectly entitled to write one back. I replied to a poster who said "Good luck on Saturday hope you keep the score down to 5". If Hearts were in the final and I wrote a post like that I'd get slaughtered on here and I'd expect nothing else. I think you're being a tad dramatic. Don't get so upset and take it all as the tit for tat banter that it is. Chill out and have a beer it's a beautiful day.

Maroon Sailor

Gary Monk wraps his tits in at Leeds.

He could be one Sunderland go for

PeterintheRain

?50,000,000 according to the Herald story.  And their plans have been delayed again.   Which is a shame for such a lovely bunch of people. Them and their fake star.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Motherwell probably came closest in the 4-3 game at Fir Park and Rangers were in the 1-1 at Parkhead. We've kept them down to 1-0 twice this season. The best chance we have got is to keep it close until the last 20 minutes or so and hope they get nervous as the reality of a treble closes in on them and that we get lucky. Much easier said than done.

Crock of shit. Celtic had 28 shots to Motherwell 6 and battered them for the 2nd half.

Hearts restricted Celtic to few efforts, had been pressing for the winner and got suckered

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gary Monk wraps his tits in at Leeds.

He could be one Sunderland go for

Crystal Palace I think. I don't think he was ever going to stay at Leeds

Crock of shit. Celtic had 28 shots to Motherwell 6 and battered them for the 2nd half.

Hearts restricted Celtic to few efforts, had been pressing for the winner and got suckered

Motherwell came closest to beating them. They were ahead 2-0 at HT and 3-2 late in the second half. Celtic got the winner with virtually the last kick. Statistics very often mean nothing. We absolutely battered Hamilton stats wise a few months ago at their place and lost 1-0. Hearts also got a laughable penalty to help them in that game when Walker did his best Peter Pawlett impersonation. Motherwell gave them their biggest scare in the league this season I think most neutrals would accept that Celtic were never ahead in that game until the last seconds they were behind for most of it. And that was when Celtic were bang into their groove under Rodgers not the first game of the season.

Don't forget the *******s scored a goal that should never have stood.

The constant rimming of everything Aberdeen and Derek ****ing McInnes from Hearts and this forum is nauseating.

Robbie Neilson had Aberdeens number last season, take a minute to think about that.

The Treasurer

Who knows what would have happened if the gFA hadn't opened the office on the Sunday morning specially for them just so they could register Sinclair in time for the game

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Who knows what would have happened if the gFA hadn't opened the office on the Sunday morning specially for them just so they could register Sinclair in time for the game

Well exactly. Laughable to think Motherwell gave them their hardest match. I wonder what the lowest amount of efforts possession etc Celtic have had in the league. I would guess it was day one of the season.

The constant rimming of everything Aberdeen and Derek ******* McInnes from Hearts and this forum is nauseating.

Robbie Neilson had Aberdeens number last season, take a minute to think about that.

Really? Played 5 times last season (three times at Tynecastle and twice at Pittodrie) with Hearts winning 3 and Aberdeen winning 2. Aberdeen finished 8 points ahead of Neilson's team. Yet he somehow had their number despite losing twice to them and finishing well below them in the league? Yeah ok if you say so. I think you'll find what happened this season between the two sides is the definition of one team having the other ones number not what happened last season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Really? Played 5 times last season (three times at Tynecastle and twice at Pittodrie) with Hearts winning 3 and Aberdeen winning 2. Aberdeen finished 8 points ahead of Neilson's team. Yet he somehow had their number despite losing twice to them and finishing well below them in the league? Yeah ok if you say so. I think you'll find what happened this season between the two sides is the definition of one team having the other ones number not what happened last season.

Neilson's last 4 games against Aberdeen won 3 drew 1 conceding only 1 goal.

He had his number. If not for a complete abhorration by McGhee that would have been 5 games and 1 goal conceded.

I would say Neilson had his number without any shadow of doubt

Archived