Gowser

Swanny17

Let's hope that somebody thinks the same of Oshinawa....

Difference of course being, Gowser played very well for us on numerous occasions.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difference of course being, Gowser played very well for us on numerous occasions.

He was exponentially better than his brother that's for sure.

He was exponentially better than his brother that's for sure.

Brad and Dylan...

*shudders*

Could do a job! 

I dont see him being first choice but he would be a good player to provide cover when needed until the end of the season.

I assume hes unattached just now? 

Could do a job! 

I dont see him being first choice but he would be a good player to provide cover when needed until the end of the season.

Who could you see keeping McGowan out the side at right back like? :lol:

Could do a job! 

Contracted to 31.12.17

Bungalow Bill

Is it the fashionable thing to say that Gowser is 'average'? I never thought that when he played for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Is it the fashionable thing to say that Gowser is 'average'? I never thought that when he played for us.

Seems to be.

He had an ungainly running style, apart from that he always seemed a decent, and committed rb to me.

Wouldn't say it's anything other than peoples opinion. Some folk think he was decent, some thought he was no bad and some average. :)

Who could you see keeping McGowan out the side at right back like? :lol:

Fair point. I'm hoping Smith will take his chance. 

Athletic, aggressive, composed, experienced, good solid defender, decent going forward, good in the air, physically strong, quick, a natural leader.

Aye ok then, he's not what we need.

maroonlegions

Athletic, aggressive, composed, experienced, good solid defender, decent going forward, good in the air, physically strong, quick, a natural leader.

And hates the Hibs. 

cardboardcutout

As competent a defender as Paterson and not afraid to get stuck in! We confuse ourselves with teams that pay 2 or 3 times as much as we can and the reality is that most of the time we can't be overly fussy! Osh or gowser?

Brad and Dylan...

*shudders*

TBF neither were ready for the first team and may not have even been getting paid ! Can't see it having helped their development either !

Maybe isn't the best player to wear the jersey but by god was he a winner. Just what we need IMO. So many of our players look like they couldn't give a sh1t!

TBF neither were ready for the first team and may not have even been getting paid ! Can't see it having helped their development either !

McKay being subbed and taking a tantrum was a belter. Obviously had ideas way above his station.

Was Gowser a great player ? No. We had better in the team and he wasn't and isn't the most skilled footballer.

However.

Would I want Gowser back now? Yes, because even after saying what I have about him he would still improve what we have at present. Not only that he bleeds Hearts. He's a PHM and knows exactly what it means to pull on that Maroon jersey, and with that he hates the vermin.

Imagine we had Gowser, Berra in the team along with Hughes and Souttar I've no doubts that would be the best defence in Scotland by some distance. Nursing a large one now at that thought.

Bazzas right boot

Was Gowser a great player ? No. We had better in the team and he wasn't and isn't the most skilled footballer.

However.

Would I want Gowser back now? Yes, because even after saying what I have about him he would still improve what we have at present. Not only that he bleeds Hearts. He's a PHM and knows exactly what it means to pull on that Maroon jersey, and with that he hates the vermin.

Imagine we had Gowser, Berra in the team along with Hughes and Souttar I've no doubts that would be the best defence in Scotland by some distance. Nursing a large one now at that thought.

Can't argue with that.

TynecastleBC5

Guys, he was in my gym tonight. In Edinburgh. I was going to nip his ear and ask but he left a few minutes after I spotted him! Could be a good sign....

Take him back in a flash. Maybe not the greatest footballer ever to wear maroon, but boy what a great attitude and love for the club. Sometimes limited players with a great attitude are worth their weight in gold.

Guys, he was in my gym tonight. In Edinburgh. I was going to nip his ear and ask but he left a few minutes after I spotted him! Could be a good sign....

Yeah

Keeping fit for Chinese preseason

TynecastleBC5

Yeah

Keeping fit for Chinese preseason

Yeah but why come back to Scotland to keep fit? Surely he lives in China now...?

Yeah but why come back to Scotland to keep fit? Surely he lives in China now...?

Likes being in Scotland

Been at Tynecastle

And deadly from 1 yard

People forget our team was much better when he was in it. Looking average compared to Rudi could mean looking very good when compared to Sammon.

Pretty sure his bird is from here. They have a kid. Suspect they would rather spend the close season here, rather than China.

This change in the Chinese league rules regarding foreign players could impact on Gowser. I wonder if his team might consider paying out his contract to make roster space for signing another non-Asian player?

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/australian-players-in-limbo-after-chinese-super-league-foreign-player-rule-changes-20170116-gtspfd.html

I'd have him back in an instant if only for scoring my favourite Hearts goal in my 68 years on this planet.

Seem to remember his dad was under a real cloud in Scotland.  Hope that is all sorted out and Ryan is dealing to the OF in the next couple of weeks.

We_are_the_Hearts

This change in the Chinese league rules regarding foreign players could impact on Gowser. I wonder if his team might consider paying out his contract to make roster space for signing another non-Asian player?

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/australian-players-in-limbo-after-chinese-super-league-foreign-player-rule-changes-20170116-gtspfd.html

Same for Sow who can't hold down a regular start. 

Good article that explains it better

McGowan could go from playing every game to at best being on bench.

His team nearly got relegated last season as well.

Archived