Nicholson

RenfrewHearts

A 3 month contract worth almost 100k to him I heard yesterday.

Thats what I heard  ...  only benefit to Hearts is he is immediately off the books

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what I heard ... only benefit to Hearts is he is immediately off the books

Are the reports of an undisclosed fee inaccurate, Colin? I read a couple of posts claiming we received a small fee.

If Levein is bringing his influence to bear, and Sam's not liked by Levein, how come he was a shoo-in when fit before IC arrived?

Short of it being Robie defying Levein of course.

Are the reports of an undisclosed fee inaccurate, Colin? I read a couple of posts claiming we received a small fee.

Does it really matter?

No. Amarillo

NoWay! Is he going to Falkirk? Well well, must be an exchange for Sibbald.

Am I doing this rumour thing right?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yes.

I don't know but people in the game do generally have a good idea. Agents are blabbermouths

Sam and CP will be a massive loss if he goes. Hopefully someone is advising Sam well. He's yet to have a solid full season of form with us. Do that and THEN make the right move.

Don't do what so many have before you, son.

Top player imo, just needs that run in the team performing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sam and CP will be a massive loss if he goes. Hopefully someone is advising Sam well. He's yet to have a solid full season of form with us. Do that and THEN make the right move.

Usually contracts are agreed by this point if someone is staying. I fear the worst and I agree with you, I think he will struggle anywhere else. He is a perfect fit for Hearts

Good player on his day but blows hot and cold. Honestly I'd be slightly disappointed but not overly bothered if he left (Assuming we sign some replacements soon!)

Punks No Deid

that's what I think but there's always the lure of the dosh and thinking ure the one that will make it

Excellent. I look forward to fan ownership when you demand to know if we received ?20,000 for a player

:thumbsup:

Cant be arsed today Spencer. Cheers. :thumbsup:

If the question I asked of the other poster is answerable then that's cool. Got a fair bit of time for Colin and hope to get a reply.

Cant be arsed today Spencer. Cheers. :thumbsup:

If the question I asked of the other poster is answerable then that's cool. Got a fair bit of time for Colin and hope to get a reply.

Colin is a good guy. Obviously he's worked at the club before and very possibly retains good informative links

Sam had started the season very well and has been badly missed

He like many young players had just started be physically strong enough to fully compete and survive the physical side of the game.

I did think he would sign a new deal prior to the injury but it all seemed to go cold and whether the club were waiting to see if he recovered before finalising matters and he (plus agent) felt it was not good enough we might never know.

He's been back in training so it won't be long now until his return............but who for ?

He like many young players had just started be physically strong enough to fully compete and survive the physical side of the game.

I did think he would sign a new deal prior to the injury but it all seemed to go cold and whether the club were waiting to see if he recovered before finalising matters and he (plus agent) felt it was not good enough we might never know.

He's been back in training so it won't be long now until his return............but who for ?

But who for ?  I would take a wee guess at Aberdeen I could be way of the mark with it but I have my own thoughts on it .

Son Of Anarchy

But who for ? I would take a wee guess at Aberdeen I could be way of the mark with it but I have my own thoughts on it .

Sideways step, little more money but not significant, Hearts fan etc etc. Can't see it tbh but you never know.

Can't agree with you about the physical aspect of his game.I still think he is far too easily moved off the ball and inconsistent but on his day is a very good player but certainly not irreplaceable.

A_A wehatethehibs

A good young player who is not the finished article but you sense like Paterson has had his head turned by his agent, and thinks he is better than he is.

As far as the new coaches are concerned, why bother playing him when we could play someone who wants to be at the club. I expect a winger will arrive in the next fortnight

A good young player who is not the finished article but you sense like Paterson has had his head turned by his agent, and thinks he is better than he is.

As far as the new coaches are concerned, why bother playing him when we could play someone who wants to be at the club. I expect a winger will arrive in the next fortnight

Do you know who his agent is just out of curiousity? It's none other than Key Sports Management and one of their Directors is none other than John Colquhuon, CL's mate.

IveSeenTheLight

But who for ?  I would take a wee guess at Aberdeen I could be way of the mark with it but I have my own thoughts on it .

Not inconceivable, especially if Cardiff comes back with a significantly increased offer for Hayes.

(Apparently)

Two years ago, the clubs agreed terms for SN.

His agent recommended him to take the deal.

Only sticking point was that it was made clear he would be here to develop and fight for a spot with Hayes.

SN's father convinced him to stay at Hearts and get game time. (Got to say probably good advice)

If Hayes were to go and Aberdeen went after SN again, it would not be inconceivable.

That all said, its two years on, SN had since signed an extension with Hearts and there are now rumours SevCo are interested.

He may prefer to take his chances there or down south (if there is interest there).

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We are due a ?350-450 thousand or more development fee if he goes,

Rules out Aberdeen

RenfrewHearts

Not inconceivable, especially if Cardiff comes back with a significantly increased offer for Hayes.

(Apparently)

Two years ago, the clubs agreed terms for SN.

His agent recommended him to take the deal.

Only sticking point was that it was made clear he would be here to develop and fight for a spot with Hayes.

SN's father convinced him to stay at Hearts and get game time. (Got to say probably good advice)

If Hayes were to go and Aberdeen went after SN again, it would not be inconceivable.

That all said, its two years on, SN had since signed an extension with Hearts and there are now rumours SevCo are interested.

He may prefer to take his chances there or down south (if there is interest there).

2 years ago we had just been promoted from the Championship with Sam as a key player. 3 years ago, before Budge and Levein came in, would seem more realistic.

Why would anyone move from Hearts to Aberdeen unless he is not getting playing time with us.

1. Moves to a smaller club....despite all the sheep claims facts are facts

2. Moves to a significantly poorer city to live in

3. Leaves a club he has been with since 12 years of age and claims to support.

I like players to have ambition and if they are good enough leave the club stepping up in their football career but move to them and he will get the bird (and not the one he currently has) on his return for there is no plausible excuse for doing so.

Why would anyone move from Hearts to Aberdeen unless he is not getting playing time with us.

I like players to have ambition and if they are good enough leave the club stepping up in their football career but move to them and he will get the bird (and not the one he currently has) on his return for there is no plausible excuse for doing so.

I get what your saying but then ask yourself why he has not signed another deal with HMFC  and he is not the only one who has not signed another deal , for me this it not coincidence and surely there is something not quite right . I could be wrong but somehow I think there is more to it .

Sideways step, little more money but not significant, Hearts fan etc etc. Can't see it tbh but you never know.

it's only my opinion mate he may go somewhere else but it don't look like he will be staying with us at the minute .

IveSeenTheLight

I'm calling shite on Aberdeen and Hearts agreeing terms on Nicholson 2 years ago. :laugh:

Fair enough, each is entitled to their opinion.

2 years ago we had just been promoted from the Championship with Sam as a key player. 3 years ago, before Budge and Levein came in, would seem more realistic.

It would be about 2 1/2 years ago now.

Just as you were relegated.

That was then, this is now.

I don't think it would happen, but then again if Aberdeen received a significant increase in offer for Hayes, Nicholson may be viewed as a potential replacement and part with a portion of the fee obtained.

I still doubt it would happen though.

Does anyone know if he is in contention for next week?

He is in the squad for the development team for tonights game against Hamilton at Stennie. So he may play 30-45 tonight tog et him back on the pitch but that would probably mean he is 2-3 weeks away from 1st team, been out a while.

If SN leaves it will be for a club down south. Wont be this January.

What makes you think that?  Good news if he doesn't move to Ibrox

queensferryjambo

Heard in the Koffee Pot he's signed an extension.

Your eavesdropping is terrible.

I was in the Koffee Pot and clearly heard he was getting hair extensions.

Your eavesdropping is terrible.

I was in the Koffee Pot and clearly heard he was getting hair extensions.

Must've misheard when i skooshed the brown sauce on my butty. However, I did see Berra with Cathro passing. They were looking at the menu in the windae.

I'll see how quick this rumour spreads around the KP itself.

RenfrewHearts

He is in the squad for the development team for tonights game against Hamilton at Stennie. So he may play 30-45 tonight tog et him back on the pitch but that would probably mean he is 2-3 weeks away from 1st team, been out a while.

Yeah that's 3 and a half months since Motherwell. Tony Watt was still flavour of the month then :lol:

Great news though, thanks for the info bud :thumbsup:

When Sam signed his last deal Levein said this would be one of the best bits of business the club would do that summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27872198

Can't imagine Levein will have suddenly done a uturn on his opinion of Sam and unless Cathro and MacPhee had someone specific in mind I can see us trying to get him tied up on a new deal in the near future

When Sam signed his last deal Levein said this would be one of the best bits of business the club would do that summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27872198

Can't imagine Levein will have suddenly done a uturn on his opinion of Sam and unless Cathro and MacPhee had someone specific in mind I can see us trying to get him tied up on a new deal in the near future

ffs  he refused to sign just like CP . There's more chance of him being tied up in Daniel street brothel .

Archived