So, the Scottish Cup.....

Craigieboy

I honestly don't care. We haven't a hope under Neilson and yet his job is perfectly safe.

My beer glass is still half full.

How's the Fosters matey?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were 2 up having not kicked a ball.

From 2nd half kick off somehow the opportunity was there to finish it and win comfortably. We sat back hoping to hold on.

An utterly disgusting performance from the first whistle to the last.

We then followed that disgusting 90 minutes with a similarly awful 45 mins at Easter Rd.

He should have been sacked immediately afterwards.

Christ. I can't believe I totally agree with your post. :thumb:

Hurts me to say it as Im a eternal optimist and always try to believe in Hearts but I'd hate to think what this team would serve up in a semi or final if we happened to reach either.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hurts me to say it as Im a eternal optimist and always try to believe in Hearts but I'd hate to think what this team would serve up in a semi or final if we happened to reach either.

I don't think you have to worry about finding out.

For the first time ever, I wouldn't want hibs.

Our derby record under Neilson is awful. They're actually now on a wee unbeaten run against us.

It's not hibs. It's Neilson.

Its very wee. Five doesn't even get in the top ten of unbeaten derby runs. Another way of looking at it is that they have won 2 of the last 10 games. We have won 5. Glass half full?

Pasquale Bruno

I honestly don't care. We haven't a hope under Neilson and yet his job is perfectly safe.

We struggled for years to get rid off rank rotten owners and were almost powerless as fans to effect change. Given what we've been through and how the club came so close to the brink its ironic that we are are still no more able to get rid or put any pressure on those in control when it is obvious some kind of change is required on the football side. The new Riccarton three, Budge, Levien and Neilson. Not good when the manager is too close to the Board. It's Leviens call as DOF.

How long does Neilson get?

We were 2 up having not kicked a ball.

From 2nd half kick off somehow the opportunity was there to finish it and win comfortably. We sat back hoping to hold on.

An utterly disgusting performance from the first whistle to the last.

We then followed that disgusting 90 minutes with a similarly awful 45 mins at Easter Rd.

He should have been sacked immediately afterwards.

Thats right just ignore the injuries. They didn't happen. We had 8 fit players at the end of the game. Still should have win but can't blame the manager.

Ricardo Shillyshally

See that's where the problem lies for me it doesn't matter who is Hearts manager, we beat them with Locke in charge and even with Mcglynn in charge there wasn't this oh now big scary hibees attitude. Even worse they're now a very average championship side and Neilsons record isn't even that bad 1W 3D 2L isn't horrific, if he'd lost the games we drew then I'd understand the concern but I just don't get it they are hibs, the wee team, the shite. I think that this weird attitude stems from the Scottish cup games being blown out of proportion and not having played them since.

If it hadn't been for a Hibs missed penalty and a 40 Yard screamer that recird would be a hell of a lot worse

By The Light..

Away from home or at home, top six or championship, doesn't really matter who or where, theres no chance we'll be competing this much after January unless we get our defence sorted, then winning it would need forwards who can score.

We struggled for years to get rid off rank rotten owners and were almost powerless as fans to effect change. Given what we've been through and how the club came so close to the brink its ironic that we are are still no more able to get rid or put any pressure on those in control when it is obvious some kind of change is required on the football side. The new Riccarton three, Budge, Levien and Neilson. Not good when the manager is too close to the Board. It's Leviens call as DOF.

How long does Neilson get?

Correct.

We're fecked.

You're the embarrassment, scared of hibs :lol:

You'll blame Neilson but plenty of other managers have lost to hibs before, "not in that manner though" you'll also repeat to break the millionth time that has been slavered out on here, that's no excuse to shite it from championship club hibs managed by a ragin ginger lunatic.

FFS :rofl:

Not the 1st time we have been pegged back from 2 up at home against them either, I can think of another 2 games ending 2-2, 1 under Alex McDonald & the other under JJ, who most would consider 2 of our best recent managers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not the 1st time we have been pegged back from 2 up at home against them either, I can think of another 2 games ending 2-2, 1 under Alex McDonald & the other under JJ, who most would consider 2 of our best recent managers.

There were rumours about the game under Doddie and giving them a helping hand. Urban myth probably.

The 1 Jan 98 game was bloody annoying. We should have nailed them that day but Mickey missed a sitter to make it 3-0 after 10 minutes. After that they deserved the point that they clawed back.

Neither JJ nor Doddie were happy with their results though whereas Robbie pulled out the "moneyspinner" chat!

You'll blame Neilson but plenty of other managers have lost to hibs before, "not in that manner though" you'll also repeat to break the millionth time that has been slavered out on here, that's no excuse to shite it from championship club hibs managed by a ragin ginger lunatic.

You laugh, but he's right, Neilson is the first manager in my lifetime that had me dreading derbies. Pathetic, lethargic football. He would shite it again if we drew them.

Arthur Morgan

You laugh, but he's right, Neilson is the first manager in my lifetime that had me dreading derbies. Pathetic, lethargic football. He would shite it again if we drew them.

This. Unfortunately.

We dont have the passion or desire or a manger to win it

3rd round is as far as we go. Put out at Mcdermid park on a boring tuesdsy night 2-0

Another swanson goal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had a hibs pal round this morning. He asked if I fancied us if we drew them in the cup. I wouldn't fancy us against that lot at tynie with neilson in charge

You'll blame Neilson but plenty of other managers have lost to hibs before, "not in that manner though" you'll also repeat to break the millionth time that has been slavered out on here, that's no excuse to shite it from championship club hibs managed by a ragin ginger lunatic. 

Name the plenty of other managers who lost to a Hibs team from a lower league than us..

Now our only chance of doing anything meaningful this season as it looks like our league form will he distinctly average.

But, teams are well up for cup games and as much as we have a side capable of progressing through the rounds, I'm not confident.

Thoughts?

Given Aberdeen are only 2points ahead of us in the league, are they distinctly average as well? Or are you just attention seeking to try to validate your point?

I'm confident of Hearts winning any game they go into. Might be daft, but I'd much rather live that way, than going into games fearing the opposition.

Given Aberdeen are only 2points ahead of us in the league, are they distinctly average as well? Or are you just attention seeking to try to validate your point?

I'm confident of Hearts winning any game they go into. Might be daft, but I'd much rather live that way, than going into games fearing the opposition.

No-one fears the opposition I think. It is more a case of we know how poor we are under Neilson. It is clear that we will concede in every game so I struggle to be confident. We have so many shite players in our team I honestly have no idea how you can be so confident. Our goalie is shite, Souttar is shite, Rherras is shite, Sammon is shite, Muirhead is shite, Kitchen is shite, Johnsen is shite, Cowie is shite, Ozturk is shite and our management team is extremely shite.

Thats right just ignore the injuries. They didn't happen. We had 8 fit players at the end of the game. Still should have win but can't blame the manager.

Eight fit players?

We absolutely hammered Hibs AFTER the equaliser when you'd think with the momentum they had and our eight fit players, we'd really be holding on, no?

Neilson shat it, end of. They also lost their best player and their captain that day but Stubbs managed to make positive changes. We had Souttar on the bench who could have slotted in for Ozturk but Neilson brought on the bomb scare and reshuffled 3/4 of the defence!

No-one fears the opposition I think. It is more a case of we know how poor we are under Neilson. It is clear that we will concede in every game so I struggle to be confident. We have so many shite players in our team I honestly have no idea how you can be so confident. Our goalie is shite, Souttar is shite, Rherras is shite, Sammon is shite, Muirhead is shite, Kitchen is shite, Johnsen is shite, Cowie is shite, Ozturk is shite and our management team is extremely shite.

Your posts are shite.

WhenTheHeartsWentUp

Depends on the draw we get. Am I right in saying that on our way to the 2012 win we faced Auchinleck Talbot at home? Could do with another tie like that.

Bazzas right boot

Scared of hibs, Jesus.

Would want to avoid Celtic, every body else is fair game.

I can see an early Scottish Cup exit it being the end of Robbies time at us. If we go into the new year sitting 5th in the league and get knocked out away to Inverness, St Johnstone, Motherwell or something that has to be it

Its about time we got some favourable home ties in the cup. I can't see anything less than a Celtic treble this year, but to make the semis or final would at least give a bit hope Robbie has what it takes to win big matches

I can see an early Scottish Cup exit it being the end of Robbies time at us. If we go into the new year sitting 5th in the league and get knocked out away to Inverness, St Johnstone, Motherwell or something that has to be it

Its about time we got some favourable home ties in the cup. I can't see anything less than a Celtic treble this year, but to make the semis or final would at least give a bit hope Robbie has what it takes to win big matches

We'll get papped out and Neilson will remain in charge, the only way i can see him emptied is if we get turned over by hibs again, even then some will convince themselves it's not a big deal.

You could argue a lower league side at home is at least reasonably favourable.

Depends on the draw we get. Am I right in saying that on our way to the 2012 win we faced Auchinleck Talbot at home? Could do with another tie like that.

We made hard work of that one to be honest.We scored quite late on and they had an eaqaliser unfairly chalked off if I remember right.

Eight fit players?

We absolutely hammered Hibs AFTER the equaliser when you'd think with the momentum they had and our eight fit players, we'd really be holding on, no?

Neilson shat it, end of. They also lost their best player and their captain that day but Stubbs managed to make positive changes. We had Souttar on the bench who could have slotted in for Ozturk but Neilson brought on the bomb scare and reshuffled 3/4 of the defence!

When we FINALLY realised we had to fight for it, we could have scored three in minutes. This walking wounded, unfit, severely injured team actually realised they could perhaps try to play football and score. Had they done that at the start of the second half then it would have been 3, and (probably) game over.

One of THE most disappointing games I have ever been to, and I was at Dens, loads of semi finals etc etc. Because it was Hibs made it far worse and Robbie's comments afterwards were a disgrace and worthy of being sacked on their own.

We'll win it.

How much money would you stake behind that statement?

We will not win the Scottish Cup this year. You can be pretty sure of that.

Folk on this thread making out like 1 win in 6 derby matches 'isn't that bad'?!?!

Folk on this thread making excuses for throwing away a 2 goal lead in a derby match at home in a tie involving two of the most inept derby performances in about 15 years?!?!?!

:facepalm:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Think that's what you meant, fellah.

Aside from the two cups there's no chance of us winning anything under anyone.

Aside from the two cups there's no chance of us winning anything under anyone.

Completely agree. That's why we should be throwing everything at the two competitions we can win. We only had to win two League Cup games to get to Hampden. We couldn't even muster one.

• 2 weeks later...

If we were to get Rangers away in the cup would we be entitled to the entire broomloan, and furthermore, would we shift the 7000 to fill it?

I'd love to go through there and put them out.

Avoid hibs as neilson has not got the balls to beat them, celtic probably get a lucky break.

Any other team, ST Johnstone to stick it right up that dick wright.

Ross, the team wi no fans , get beat up there.

Aberdeen, aye they are shite, beat them last time

Avoid hibs as neilson has not got the balls to beat them, celtic probably get a lucky break.

Any other team, ST Johnstone to stick it right up that dick wright.

Ross, the team wi no fans , get beat up there.

Aberdeen, aye they are shite, beat them last time

I'd really like us to avoid st Johnstone. 1 win in 7 is neilson's record against that lot. mind when they put us out at tynie. think it was 2011 during the week. Having said that, we were going radge when Zal scored deep in extra time up there.

Trips to Dingwall and Inverness are also to be avoided.

Cowdenbeath at home please. Or ibrox away.

I can't believe people have the hypocrisy on here to claim that Neilson is a bottler when there are people genuinely scared of drawing the mighty Hibernian who are drawing against everybody in the championship. Pathetic. I wonder if Neilson could rate us fans on how we are doing vocally this season what he would say.

I can't believe people have the hypocrisy on here to claim that Neilson is a bottler when there are people genuinely scared of drawing the mighty Hibernian who are drawing against everybody in the championship. Pathetic. I wonder if Neilson could rate us fans on how we are doing vocally this season what he would say.

Drew 4-0 yesterday.

Careful, you'll get accused of being Hibs for pointing that out.

Fear not, mate, I've my hibs scarf all washed and pressed for Hamilton tomorrow evening.

Archived