why can't people leave mobile phones alone for 90 mins

trex

I was at the match on Saturday and the guy in front off me spent more time playing with his phone than watching the entertainment on the pitch.I remember the good old days when you went to watch football.

Just leave you're phones in you're pockets please.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the match on Saturday and the guy in front off me spent more time playing with his phone than watching the entertainment on the pitch.I remember the good old days when you went to watch football.

0-0 v Ross County.

I think you got it in one.

This isn't exclusive to football.

People go to clubs/festivals/gigs now and stand with their hand in the air recording it on their phone instead of dancing and enjoying the music.

I check mine periodically but when there's a delay on the pitch, which there were many on Saturday...

It's only a quick check for scores elsewhere though. I do see folk with it out the entire game, but it's a generation problem and the younger ones being brought up with smart phones have serious addiction problems.

alicante jambo

I remember years ago back in the 80s we used to see guys with small radios at the football passing on the other results.Now its ipads and other fancy stuff.

...a bit disco

Check mine for Flashscore and to keep an eye on my accas.

To be fair, I did have it out more than usual on Saturday. Events (or lack of) on the pitch had a lot to do with it.

Annoying, no doubt, but much less so than having to listen to them talking absolute shite* for the whole game.

(*In a squeaky, high-pitched, irritating, "cute", little-girly, voice like the lassie behind me on Saturday...  :muggy:   )

To be fair, I did have it out more than usual on Saturday. Events (or lack of) on the pitch had a lot to do with it.

:tlj:

I'll resist, for once...

Out of interest, why does it bother you what others do? Did it hamper your view of the game or your enjoyment of the fine football on display?

I took a mate to his first ever match on Saturday and he, for reasons that are nobody else's business, spent a fair bit of time texting during the match. It might be hard to understand, but some people have other things going on in their lives that may require a bit of attention during a football match.

If you watched the game, you wouldn't notice anyone on a phone.

Just saying

:whistling:

Very annoying when sitting at Tynecastle and being told the scores from other games around the country. When I'm at a match I don't care about anything other than Hearts and I will find out the other scores when my game is finished. So, please keep your useless information to yourself you ****ing ******.

...a bit disco

Beat me to it.

:gok:

Thought I'd better cover my own back!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Don't see much wrong with playing on your phone, especially if you can't go to football and enjoy it unless we win 5-0 every week like the majority on here.

As a happy clapper I even enjoy a 0-0 without the use of a mobile, I also enjoy the score updates from others around me.

Phones are fine by me.

Did it spoil your enjoyment of the game?

Well, I can't resist.

:oohmatron:

and

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot

Phones are fine, the shrieking banshee behind me with some kind of truckers tourettes isn't.

Only time she is quiet is when she's stuffing her face with crisps or a pie.

Was that the good old days when nobody had mobile phones?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Phones are fine, the shrieking banshee behind me with some kind of truckers tourettes isn't.

Only time she is quiet is when she's stuffing her face with crisps or a pie.

Marrying her was not my finest hour.

Was that the good old days when nobody had mobile phones?

:)   Scary that there'll be a good few posters on here who won't remember those times, though!

Very annoying when sitting at Tynecastle and being told the scores from other games around the country. When I'm at a match I don't care about anything other than Hearts and I will find out the other scores when my game is finished. So, please keep your useless information to yourself you ******* ******.

have to admit that bugs me too. Guy near to me also said 'great goal' and I thought I was going mad and had missed us scoring, turned out he was watching some game on his phone 

People go to clubs/festivals/gigs now and stand with their hand in the air recording it on their phone instead of dancing and enjoying the music.

That does my head in

I ony go to the games these days for the better data signal.

Maybe if you take you are phone into the game then it can be in you are pocket and vibrate when goals are scored.

One thing I hate is when people around you are obsessing over EPL scores.

"OMG Everton are 2-0 down!"

"Here West Ham are 1-0 up!"

"Some guys been subbed off for some team!".

I like to laugh at Hibs 'progress' when we're playing mince. 

The view over the main stand on a late evening is also impressive. 

Better call Saul

concerts are the worst !!! loads of people holding their phone up recording the gig all you can see is hundreds of bloody screens lit up

Archived