5.30 kick off time would beat uefa Live tv rules

dellboy1971

Has anyone thought off 5.30 kickoff to beat European ko rules in replay

Unreal 10,000 season ticket hearts fans won't see the game

St Johnstone vs Rangers done thes few years back

It'd be good if it was on TV but it's not a right and actual attending supporters should always be the priority. A 5:30 kick off would be rubbish for most of them

GorgieRules22

It'd be good if it was on TV but it's not a right and actual attending supporters should always be the priority. A 5:30 kick off would be rubbish for most of them

It certainly would, wouldny have time for a pre match jar if it kicked off that early.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Selfish of those lucky enough to get  a ticket not to consider others. If you cant go, pass the ticket on and watch on the telly :whistling:

Yeah, lets have an Edinburgh derby kicking off slap bang in the middle of rush hour just to appease those who cant get a ticket.

Awful idea.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yeah, lets have an Edinburgh derby kicking off slap bang in the middle of rush hour just to appease those who cant get a ticket.

Awful idea.

I prefer to say.....promoting the game, rather than appeasing fans. Hundreds of thousands worldwide are being denied the pleasure Erik, because you don't fancy the traffic!

Great idea, plenty time for folk to get to work/school after the game. I'm assuming you're meaning 5.30am, cos pm would mean pulling the plug about half way through extra time if it isn't settled over the 90 minutes, which would make it a daft idea!!!

Obviously this is a non-starter for many reasons but what hasn't been mentioned is that if the game went to penalties they would be starting right about the same time as the CL games would be. Imagine the seethe if the picture cut out just as the first penalty was about to be taken.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Obviously this is a non-starter for many reasons but what hasn't been mentioned is that if the game went to penalties they would be starting right about the same time as the CL games would be. Imagine the seethe if the picture cut out just as the first penalty was about to be taken.

Ok, make it 5pm instead then, just as I get home from work! Suits me :)

I'm sure attending fans would prefer a 10pm kick off to a 5:30pm kick off but either way it'll go ahead at 7:45pm.

I'd love a delayed "as live" on Hearts world from 9:45.

Notorious BIG

Tv has ruined the game, less games on the tv the better, FWIW im going but would have no problems if i wasnt an uber fan and couldnt see it

Get it on the box and go tell UEFA to GTF.

This.

I'm going anyway but what can UEFA do?

Ban us? In Scotland its like we're banned anyway. :laugh:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting debate this one. The people going to the game clearly want to have time to get to the game and arrive on time. Of course it is not going to happen anyway, change kick off, but are the 20,000 in the minority? Surely there would be at least fivefold of a TV audience.

For Hearts supporters, part of that fivefold would be very many people who saved the club.

Before I get Mullered, let me make it clear, had I been able to go to the match, I would be livid with a change in time. Devils Advocate!

This.

I'm going anyway but what can UEFA do?

Ban us? In Scotland its like we're banned anyway. :laugh:

There was a rather costly precedent in the Stuttgart game when the club ignored UEFA's broadcasting rules...

Optimus Prime

It could go to extra time and pens, would need to be earlier.

scottish_chicP

I can finish from 4 pm but a few drinks before the game shall be had so 5.30 would be crap. Can people just accept it's not on!

So we want to prioritise television over people who go to the game (again)? 

Clearly it is too late in the day to change the date/time as that would clearly be unfair on those who have bought tickets, however the problem is there are lot of of fans who want/would go to the game, but can't because there aren't enough tickets. Many of these fans are season ticket holders, regular attenders and FOH members, who for one reason or another didn't have enough loyalty points. Yet, because of some archaic, ridiculous rule, set down by a moneygrabbing organisation these fans will be unable to watch their team in one of the biggest games of the season.

Or have an intermission until 10pm before starting extra time.

For me the most frustrating thing is that I actually had a ticket, but as my son and daughter are up from Sheffield for half term, I'm unable to go... Although I do now have a friend who owes me a favour!!!

And there's the spanner in the works...!

Get the radio on, kids, crack open a few cans and enjoy yourself !

And there's the spanner in the works...!

Get the radio on, kids, crack open a few cans and enjoy yourself !

Boab, intermission is the way to go... 2 and a half hours in the pub to calm everyone's nerves before ET and penalties.

Admittedly, this would probably lead to the match being remembered for the world's most violent drink induced riot rather than the actual result. In fact those at the ground would have less recollection of the match than those desperately hoping for a live stream!!

Boab, intermission is the way to go... 2 and a half hours in the pub to calm everyone's nerves before ET and penalties.

Admittedly, this would probably lead to the match being remembered for the world's most violent drink induced riot rather than the actual result. In fact those at the ground would have less recollection of the match than those desperately hoping for a live stream!!

Middleton's would be rather busy......!

Radio for me, David, my uber credentials took a severe kick in the stones at the start of the season. 160 down to 90 !  Ouch !

Middleton's would be rather busy......!

Radio for me, David, my uber credentials took a severe kick in the stones at the start of the season. 160 down to 90 ! Ouch !

If I'd known, I'd have been more than happy for you and Steven Mann to enter into a bidding war... Lol.

Glad it's not on the box, watching Hearts live on TV is and always has been ******* torture.

Carl Spackler

Just be thankful we are even allowed to play the match folks. I'm playing fives next Tuesday night but I'm keeping it quiet just in case UEFA send me a letter prohibiting my participation, demanding I sit in the house on my hands, due to my contractual status as a signed up SPFL member supporter.

If I'd known, I'd have been more than happy for you and Steven Mann to enter into a bidding war... Lol.

LOL.

Nah, he deserves it.

To be honest, it's hard enough getting down there for a Sunday lunchtime never mind a Tuesday night.

Knowing my luck it'll be the last Derby for years...!

I'm just gonna say it.

See if some of you actually bothered to attend the less fashionable fixtures, you'd have enough points for a ticket and this wouldn't be an issue.

FFS its not on telly get over it

I'm happy it's not on, Billy.

Back to the good old days....highlights show on for people not in attendance.  Not even sure if there is a highlights show, mind !

Either way, far too much football on the box !

I'm just gonna say it.

See if some of you actually bothered to attend the less fashionable fixtures, you'd have enough points for a ticket and this wouldn't be an issue.

You weren't the bright one on Modern Family eh, Phil !

You weren't the bright one on Modern Family eh, Phil !

You know I'm not actually Phil Dunphy, right?

He's fictitious.

You know I'm not actually Phil Dunphy, right?

He's fictitious.

Oh man. I was reading all your posts in his voice as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lack of gratitude being shown to the ex pats funding our club monthly let alone 10000 season ticket holders who attend less fashionable matches or even other cup matches such as Forfar or Annan.

I'm alright Jack attitude is a bit embarrassing given the collaborative efforts of far more than those who have the points.

I've said that is still the best system but this is an entirely different issue.

This isn't about going to the game it's access to the game from afar.

King Of The Cat Cafe

The real answer was to allocate each club with the same number of tickets their respective supporters get for average home league games.

Lack of gratitude being shown to the ex pats funding our club monthly let alone 10000 season ticket holders who attend less fashionable matches or even other cup matches such as Forfar or Annan.

I'm alright Jack attitude is a bit embarrassing given the collaborative efforts of far more than those who have the points.

I've said that is still the best system but this is an entirely different issue.

This isn't about going to the game it's access to the game from afar.

Aye, in all seriousness, the fans abroad being able to see the game is a good thing especially, as you say, that they contribute into the club also.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up...is there nothing abroad for this game ?

There was a rather costly precedent in the Stuttgart game when the club ignored UEFA's broadcasting rules...

Stuttgart game was fine, it's probably Bayern Munich you're thinking of? Got fined and banned from showing ANY footage publicly from our next game. The Great Waldo appealed and UEFA doubled the punishment!!!

Archived