Offensive Ads on JKB

N Lincs Jambo

N Lincs Jambo

Now I know the internet follows your every move and ads suddenly appear on sites like this when you have shown any interest, however remote, in a product. For weeks I was inundated with banner ads for plumbers' draining rods, even on here.

But tonight has just plumbed new depths.

I read Kiwidoug's thread on Kerrydale St and when I clicked to return back to the Terrace, there, at the top, in the most hideous green imaginable, was a full banner ad for the Celtic Official Store - ON JKB!!!

I mean seriously.......

N Lincs Jambo

I'm looking for single Muslim women. Apparently.

Can I just clarify, I don't find that offensive.

Yeah it is a bit strange.... but Celtic Official store...deary me

Now I know the internet follows your every move and ads suddenly appear on sites like this when you have shown any interest, however remote, in a product. For weeks I was inundated with banner ads for plumbers' draining rods, even on here.

I read Kiwidoug's thread on Kerrydale St and when I clicked to return back to the Terrace, there, at the top, in the most hideous green imaginable, was a full banner ad for the Celtic Official Store - ON JKB!!!

I mean seriously.......

We read in Luke 12:2, ?For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.? :biggrin:

Looking for multiple Muslim women would be though.  'Form an orderly queue ladies!'

I mean seriously.......

A lot of the ads are suggestions based upon cookies on your computer. Sure you don't have something to tell us?

We read in Luke 12:2, ?For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.? :biggrin:

So true, I saw that picture of Sam in the dressing room as well.

N Lincs Jambo

A lot of the ads are suggestions based upon cookies on your computer. Sure you don't have something to tell us?

Yeah I read the thread taking the piss out of Celtic then the thread about Kerrydale street ffs surely that shouldn't get my pc infected with that sheite???

Yeah me too

Strange

disgruntledfan

Is that how it works ?

Cause everytime I am on the the wifes laptops I get adverts for things like "Penis Enlargement", "How to satisfy your woman" etc

I have no idea why she would be looking at sites like that, must ask her.

Thank you ad blocker.

:spoton:

Unreal the amount of people that don't know about it. Has saved me literally hours of time on YouTube if you add up all the 5,15,30 second ads.

Sawdust Caesar

I got an ad for trousers but the price was in dollars, which I thought odd as I hadn't been on any US sites, or  even been shopping for trousers. Forget the name of the company but the word "bang" was in their ad tagline. Make of that what you will.

I got an ad for trousers but the price was in dollars, which I thought odd as I hadn't been on any US sites, or even been shopping for trousers. Forget the name of the company but the word "bang" was in their ad tagline. Make of that what you will.

Was it bangbros?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If I was a single young buck, JKB could have been my gateway to riding my way through most of the continents.

Particularly fond of the wee tidy thing in the green Salwar Kameez from the Muslim dating site.

Although the Philippines looks worth a visit too, likes.

:pinilla:

Meet Russian Ladies

Cute Russian Ladies Online For Sincere Dating, Chat with Them!

Changes to Russian in the evening...........

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Russian is my advert. PPI seems to be another despite never asked for it. Right now front brake discs. Pure filth

Buffalo Bill

I don't know if anyone else can remember this, but I once got a leaflet delivered to my house from Celtic, with a message from then manager, Tommy Burns encouraging me to buy a ticket for the away end at Celtic Park!

I can only assume Celtic had asked Hearts for ST holder info so they could do the hard sell.

Way to go, Pieman :(

Sawdust Caesar

Was it bangbros?

Are you asking is that what I was looking at before I came on to JKB and saw the ad?

I don't know if anyone else can remember this, but I once got a leaflet delivered to my house from Celtic, with a message from then manager, Tommy Burns encouraging me to buy a ticket for the away end at Celtic Park!

I can only assume Celtic had asked Hearts for ST holder info so they could do the hard sell.

At least Tommy didn't phone you up begging you to buy a ticket, unlike Leeann's latest tactic.

If I was a single young buck, JKB could have been my gateway to riding my way through most of the continents.

Particularly fond of the wee tidy thing in the green Salwar Kameez from the Muslim dating site.

Although the Philippines looks worth a visit too, likes.

:pinilla:

I'm slipping up, have never seen that Muslim site, must get onto google to check it out.  Although I would be insisting on maroon garb, the sight of green gives me an instant soft on.

Are you asking is that what I was looking at before I came on to JKB and saw the ad?

Make of it what you will. ;)

Buffalo Bill

At least Tommy didn't phone you up begging you to buy a ticket, unlike Leeann's latest tactic.

That would be most uncomfortable.

Mid Calder Jambo

Mozilla Firefox, Ad Blocker Plus, no more adverts on any website.

Portobellojambo1 can I have your babies. 

Cleared everything out.  Worth a try if you are using Firefox.

the stone rose

same available for chrome as well. Thought everyone used ad block. internet experience for most people must be irritating as shit.

My current JKB banner ad is for the "best live Arabic TV" at $25 a month.  Wonder if they're broadcasting from Hamilton on Saturday? :tiny: 

queensferryjambo

Yeah I remember that. It was a glossy flyer telling us what a great stadium and what great seats we would get. Think it even showed pictures of the view from where the away fans would sit.

I actually thought it was quite a good idea telling the away fans what a great time they would have and what a great view they would get.

Shame it never told you anything about how poorly you would be treated by Police and Stewards and how hostile their horrible fans would be ;)

Yes that's very true, the Web follows your "likes" and then inundates you if you get right to check out for products but then cancel. I was was hiring a Camper RV in the states and changed my mind. Now pictures of effing campers popping up everywhere. Our friend must have had a quick look at the Celtic stuff for whatever reason and now the pop ups are chasing him!!! Look at Hibs.net for a laugh sometimes, luckily these clowns have nothing to sell....

PS I've been in Australia since 1981..

john brownlee

I get ads for telescopes and shrubs ....make of that, if you will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get ads for African safari lodge holidays. What a waste of time that would be, the police won't let me have a firearms licence.

Thanks Guys, just downloaded adblocker for IE, works a treat! Will do the same for google & for my tablet. Goodbye to annoying ads, also goodbye to any chances I may have had with countless muslim hotties

All roads lead to Gorgie

After reading the watch thread on here I got lots of ads for time pieces for a long time after. I expect that to happen again now I have mentioned it. I will let you know.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I get ads for African safari lodge holidays. What a waste of time that would be, the police won't let me have a firearms licence.

You think that is bad I got ads for SAGA holidays. Now that really annoyed me I nearly knocked over my coco and tripped over my slippers :veryangry2:

My wife bought some shoes a couple of weeks ago and every thing I open now has the makers advertisig, took PJ 1's advice and downloaded the adblocker, nothing today. 

you get the most interesting ad's if you clear your cookies....reason being you have no history so your unique cookie is valued low as youre not in market for any product. This means the dodgy companies who can only afford to bid on cheap cookies win the right to put an ad infront of you because nobody else wants to advertise to a cookie with no history or intent. 

bit of useless info

upon reading this I decided to try my luck and download ad blocker for my android phone

basically, I downloaded an app of ****ing adverts

who the **** cares about game of war ??????????

Stuart McNeill

On the app, I've had ads for usually stuff about debt and credit cards.

However, on the computer, I've got ad block.

After my thread about car insurance a week or so ago, I'm getting "Cheaper Convicted Driver insurance"

Archived