Adidas kit deal

JAMMY1980

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winston Ingram

My gripe with Adidas is that every training kit is the same. We have precisely the same black training gear as Aberdeen etc. 

Hearts strips should be easy: maroon at home, white away. Couldn't really care less what sportswear firm makes them. 

Guest jambo1999

I liked the pony strips in the 90s but really liked hummel as well but don't mention the yellow away pony strip gives me shivers down my spine horrible. I have a idea though I loved the strip hearts wore for neil berry's testimoniel it was a tartan maroon plus man u had a similar design just putting it out there.

Wouldn't be too gutted about Macron or Under Armour tbh, quite like the shirts they've made for other teams.

Some of the other shouts though are horrendous.

Joma :cornette:

New Balance have made a splash on Wednesday night announcing to the world that they have joined the world of football.

A new New Balance Football Twitter (@nbfootball) account has gone live, and the account posted a couple of posters including a splash of some of their new ambassadors.

Players from Manchester United and Man City are included, with Marouane Fellaini, Vincent Kompany, Samir Nasri, Jesus Navas and Adnan Januzaj jumping on board. 

Arsenal?s Aaron Ramsey is also joining the New Balance revolution, along with Australian hero Tim Cahill, who this week announced he is joining Shanghai Shenhua in China.

We expect much more information to could out soon about New Balance?s entry into the Beautiful Game.

No doubt there will be more team involvement soon....Warrior are a subsidiary of New Balance these days and New Balance branding will be on Liverpool shirts from next season

Maroon tinted glasses 2

New balance, warrior and Asics are all linked and have been for years, I can't see why when warrior are trying to raise brand awareness in the uk that they would suddenly change the shirt branding to new balance.

I stand corrected, following on a meeting this morning then then it appears NB are going to be the kit suppliers for LFC.

I stand corrected, following on a meeting this morning then then it appears NB are going to be the kit suppliers for LFC.

Understand they are doing Stoke next season as well.

I have always wanted us to bring out an away strip in homage to our early colours of red , white and blue.

Just a subtle red and blue pin stripe on a mainly white top , maroon shorts and white socks.

Won't go down well with people who have Rangers comparison obsessions though.

Those shirts look worse than the crap that produce St Middens strips!! We would be better off going down the Southampton route and bringing the strip design in house. Feck having the boggin strips from Warrior, Marcon, etc. Let some of the guys on here do it.

New-Balance-Soccer-Jersey-2015.jpg

Chilean Club O'Higgins New Balance kits...look pretty shan

They remind me a bit of Puma kits from about 10 years ago. They look pretty cheap. The sponsor doesn't do it any favours, though.

By The Light..

bring it in house, keep design simple, get a local business involved and take all the branding profits that adidas, hummel or whoever where taking, buy wholesale and sell the kit at a lower retail price and a chance at a bigger profit.

Or stay as is and renegoitate adidas/get a new big brand deal and take the tenner a shirt profit.

20,000 shirts at 10 profit each is only 200K

bring it in house, keep design simple, get a local business involved and take all the branding profits that adidas, hummel or whoever where taking, buy wholesale and sell the kit at a lower retail price and a chance at a bigger profit.

Or stay as is and renegoitate adidas/get a new big brand deal and take the tenner a shirt profit.

20,000 shirts at 10 profit each is only 200K

In theory a good idea and couple it with foh members being allowed to design the kit then we have a winner

isn't the 3rd kit for next season already being designed by FoH? (the one with all the FoH members' names on it)

This suggests to me that it will still be Adidas.

I'd like to see something similar to what Aberdeen have this season, but obv in maroon

isn't the 3rd kit for next season already being designed by FoH? (the one with all the FoH members' names on it)

This suggests to me that it will still be Adidas.

I'd like to see something similar to what Aberdeen have this season, but obv in maroon

'A third official strip for the Hearts team will be designed for season 2015/16 which will feature the names of every pledger who has reached the 180-point level at a certain cut-off time (to be announced shortly). The strip will be produced by the same shirt manufacturer who will be providing the team?s home and away strips, will be registered with the SFA, and is a very special way of acknowledging the commitment of the Foundation pledgers.

The fan tribute strip will be worn by the team and it will be on sale, as with the regular merchandise, in the club shop.

There are some examples of other fan tribute strips here: http://provenquality.com/fan-tributes-on-football-kits/     '

FOH website

When does the annual "whens the new kit out? I need it for me holidays" and grown men in footy kits" thread start. 

These things happens in 3 right?

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Understand they are doing Stoke next season as well.

I wouldn't know as I have not seen the new Stoke kit but should imagine that the warrior to NB change will happen throughout the whole range.  

Why not have zero branding and just our badge?

I support Hearts not a brand.

what's the deal with the Southampton strip? Looks odd, but are they coining it in?

Cast No Shadow

I have always wanted us to bring out an away strip in homage to our early colours of red , white and blue.

Just a subtle red and blue pin stripe on a mainly white top , maroon shorts and white socks.

Won't go down well with people who have Rangers comparison obsessions though.

That could be quite smart. I think hoops on our home kit would be better, though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How about one of those companies abroad that do the fake strips with the sponsor Lookie Lookie Man. Bored :)

Yep, as someone else said earlier, Rangers did a similar thing a few years back.

IIRC they bought out the Nike deal and made their own kits, but instead of having no manufacturer's mark, they sold the branding rights to Diadora - it was feckin awful!

rangers0203a1450px.jpg

I think the lesson is that if you're going to do it in house, spend money on the design, that's not the stage to skimp at.

The home top was a thing of beauty this season.the rest I,m afraid was utter garbage.addidas produce many maroon items of clothing,why can,t they stick a hearts badge on them instead of all this grey/gold pish.used to buy trackie tops etc but since umbro havn,t bothered much.

chuck berrys hairline

The home top was a thing of beauty this season.the rest I,m afraid was utter garbage.addidas produce many maroon items of clothing,why can,t they stick a hearts badge on them instead of all this grey/gold pish.used to buy trackie tops etc but since umbro havn,t bothered much.

I must be in the minority that thinks this season's training stuff is smart. Then again gingers don't have souls!

:sob:

I am not sure if we are in the position to bear the risk and the upfront costs outright on our own, with no guarantee of sales figures.

I am not sure if we are in the position to bear the risk and the upfront costs outright on our own, with no guarantee of sales figures.

I'd almost be tempted to say we were in the perfect position! If costs will be around a fiver per item the profit will be massive, that's in the region of 600% markup if selling at 35 quid. Also, we'll have a guaranteed big seller in the 3rd kit - I haven't bought one for years but my family will all be getting that one for sure, it's got our names on it.

I reckon the profit from the 3rd kit alone would ensure it would be at least a break even venture

That could be quite smart. I think hoops on our home kit would be better, though.

you mean in different shades of maroon like when the strips dyed in the wash?

It's an idea, quirky, but an idea. A small history lesson for those who didn't know why we ended up in maroon.

This.

Our training stuff used to be nice, now I'm getting on a bit and don't buy it but fans want to wear Hearts colours! It's not rocket science. Sheff Utd, Swansea and Fulham all have same as us, but in colours that match the home strip. We got black and gold, basically we got to pick from a set few colour schemes. It's horrible stuff.

Best way to ensure sales, in my mind are (as per previous post few days ago - sorry for double post here):

Home: Simple, plain, no surprises

Away: Give us a vote (Inter style for me!)

3rd: it's got our names on

All of those options would be easy ways to try and maximise sales of all three. It would difficult to NOT make money on them.

To the post above

Add brentford, but exact same as us.

Macron - horrible designed kits

As far away as possible

Same for puma, particularly the collar, 2 lines, rubbish

Just remembered I have a Joma Sevilla 'tribute' top from a few years back.

It listed every player who had played for them up until that season, will upload (or at least try) was a nice kit

Slightly off-topic, but can anyone point me in the direction of the blank kit templates that people use to design strips?

I fancy having a go to see what I can put together...

Thanks

Archived